[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game only good for the story? I bought it thinking I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: fvfqnly4owow9jxjqx3z.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
fvfqnly4owow9jxjqx3z.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Is this game only good for the story? I bought it thinking I'd get some fun gameplay out of it but all I've gotten is-
>boring stealth mechanics that are easy and not immersive
>gunplay that is really just mediocre, nothing special at all
>stale enemies, none are really fleshed out very much except for the enemy that shields itself with it's arms when moves towards you
>a lot of the scenarios end up feeling like trial and error or just plain bullshit, i got the most angry during the pavel boss fight because there's literally no cover and enemies shoot you from all directions. i wouldn't have had AS much of an issue with this, except when i used my valve sniper, the hit detection would fuck up half the time and my shots would do nothing to enemies
>heard it's pretty spooky and it's spooky about 1/100th of the time
>the only thing i end up enjoying is the story

Can't refund it because I have too much time in it, should've pirated it first. I kept playing it hoping it'd get better but it really didn't. Is this game just not for me?
>>
Are you playing on Ranger difficulty, anon?
If yes, you are a fucking retard.
If not, you are a casual and you should fuck off.
>>
>>323413347
Care to explain at least?
>>
>>323413591
>boring stealth mechanics that are easy and not immersive
Play on ranger, or fuck off.
Stealth is the only way of playing in ranger mode.
>gunplay that is really just mediocre, nothing special at all
Again, play on ranger.
One shot, one kill, both you and the enemies, or everything is just a bullet sponge.
>stale enemies, none are really fleshed out very much except for the enemy that shields itself with it's arms when moves towards you
Fucking again you ungodly retard, Ranger makes enemies actually worth something, and most of the times you have better luck stealthing out a fucking zone than just gunblazing everything.
>a lot of the scenarios end up feeling like trial and error
You're just retarded, i never had such issues.
>heard it's pretty spooky and it's spooky about 1/100th of the time
On ranger hardcore this game is probably one of the most atmospheric and horror games of the last years.
Especially 2033 redux.
>the only thing i end up enjoying is the story
Which is based from books and actul stuff wrote by a real life writer, not some "game writer" 20s shithead.
>>
>>323413785
So how do you stealth the pavel boss fight?
>>
File: Bastard.jpg (54 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Bastard.jpg
54 KB, 640x400
>>323413886
You don't also I done that shit with pic relate without its enhanced heat sink, its difficult but doable.
>>
>>323413886
That's one of the few exceptions in the whole game where you can stealth shit, that and the fucking mutated bear.
Yet, in Ranger mode you oneshot everything.
Just git fucking gud and snipe everyone.
>>
File: 1407291290276.jpg (14 KB, 255x220) Image search: [Google]
1407291290276.jpg
14 KB, 255x220
>>323414112
can't*
>>
>>323413217

i kinda liked metro 2033 but the story was a mess. whatever they tried to use from the book was thrown together hastily and it showed.

haven't played last light yet.
>>
>>323414112
Pretty much this Ranger mode pulled a master_Stalker in making you and the NPCs deal heavy damage. Aim for the head, use MGR and keep low and carry a shotgun for muties.
>>
should i pick up the regular or redux editions of the game?
>>
>>323413217
you cunt
>>
>>323414345
If you have never played nor bought them, go for the redux.
Redux was just a re-release with muhgraphics for consoles.
Metro 2033 Redux is actually cool, Last Light Redux is just a shadow or a texture there and there changed and released at full price.
>>
>>323413785
Even if you do stealth in ranger it's still massively boring because it's so easy.
>>
>>323415182
Ranger Hardcore is fucking atrocious, mate.
Every single fucking bullet counts, and god helps you if you run out of ammo.
>>
>>323413217

this fucking game

>throw knife in dudes back
>walk over to pick it up
>can't. it's on the other side of his corpse

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
File: CBUIzFS.jpg (56 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
CBUIzFS.jpg
56 KB, 960x960
>tfw beat Last Light in Ranger Hardcore with Russian voices. That was a hell of an experience.
>>
File: concernednative.jpg (65 KB, 618x360) Image search: [Google]
concernednative.jpg
65 KB, 618x360
>>323416438
>tfw beat Last Light in Ranger Hardcore with Russian voices.
>with no subtitles
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.