[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no K.Rool >but Corn >but some reason Dixie wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: Eddy.jpg (153 KB, 940x708) Image search: [Google]
Eddy.jpg
153 KB, 940x708
>no K.Rool
>but Corn
>but some reason Dixie wasn't prioritized since TF and Fates were being made during Sm4sh dev time
who's responsible for this shit?!
>>
>>323318459
Honestly, I now see Smash Bros. more as a promotion game instead of a game where "everybody" is allowed.
>>
>>323318459
>but some reason Dixie wasn't prioritized since TF and Fates were being made during Sm4sh dev time
>Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze began development after Donkey Kong Country Returns in 2010/2011, was announced in 2013 as part of E3 2013, was planned to release as a part of the 2013 holiday season, and ended up bein delayed until February 2014 (a mere seven/nine months before Smash 3DS and Wii U, respectively).
>Fire Emblem Fates began development after Fire Emblem Awakening in 2012, was announced in a January 2015 Nintendo Direct, launched in Japan in June 2015, and will launch worldwide in February 2016 along with the clearly promotional Smash DLC.
>Super Smash Bros. 4 began development in 2012 after Kid Icarus: Uprising, the roster was finalized the same year except for Greninja, the game was shown to the public at E3 2013., and the game launched in September of 2014.

You're being an idiot.
>>
>>323319262
>I now see Smash Bros. more as a promotion game instead of a game where "everybody" is allowed.
1. not all the Sm4sh newcomers got in to promote something; if they did it still isn't the primary reason they joined the game
2. Smash was never a game where a couple of supporting/background/one time fan favorites (Ghiraham, Ashley, etc.) and Son Goku will be playable hence "All-Stars" in the original name of the game.
>>
>>323319262
Smash always was a promotion game.
>>
>>323319734
i fucking swear if you're Source Gaming
>>
File: go away sakurai.png (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
go away sakurai.png
33 KB, 500x500
>>323320017
>Smash was never a game where a couple of supporting/background/one time fan favorites (Ghiraham, Ashley, etc.) and Son Goku will be playable hence "All-Stars" in the original name of the game.
i want fags to remember this when they decide to start spamming Waluigi, Geno, and Daisy again for Smash 5

Mario Kart or RPGs isn't going to help them get into the Smash VIP room that easily
>>
>>323320017
>one time fan favorites
>what is Jigglypuff
>>
>>323321186
>appeared in many main titles and spinoffs (like every pokemon)
>meanwhile the zelda midbosses only debuted once and staying as spinoff material for now on
not to mention how the decision choice for pokemon fighters is extremely different than Zelda or other series.

i'll admit Sakurai nearly cut her out twice, she isn't a priority anymore.
>>
>>323320017
>Smash was never a game where a couple of supporting/background/one time fan favorites (Ghiraham, Ashley, etc.) and Son Goku will be playable
what's Shiek for anyways?
>>
>>323322724
>debuted as a transformation character as first
>literally Zelda
>>
>>323322724
"SHEIK"

NOT SHIEK

FUCKING FAGGOTS
>>
File: beakie.jpg (92 KB, 464x599) Image search: [Google]
beakie.jpg
92 KB, 464x599
>>323322478
>>appeared in many main titles and spinoffs (like every pokemon)
By your logic we could've had a Ratatta in Smash; which obviously isn't the case for its inclusion. The real reason why it was included was because it was the occasional meme character of the Pokemon show which came out some time before Smash 64 and became quite popular because of that. After Jiggs stopped appearing however, its popularity dropped hard and Smash was the only thing that kept it relevant. This doesn't apply for Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo and Lucario who are all consistently popular mons along with Greninja who's not only the most popular 6th gen starter but also useful in the metagame.
>>
>>323324721
oh look someone missed the other part i said
>not to mention how the decision choice for pokemon fighters is extremely different than Zelda or other series.
like how Greninja got in because XY development clashing with Smash, pushed by TPCi, and hold uniqueness. Rattata would never join the fray.
>>
>>323320017
>Smash was never a game where a couple of supporting/background/one time fan favorites (Ghiraham, Ashley, etc.) and Son Goku will be playable hence "All-Stars" in the original name of the game.
>Captain Falcon
>Ice Climbers
>>
>>323324721
>The real reason why it was included was because it was the occasional meme character of the Pokemon show which came out some time before Smash 64 and became quite popular because of that.
also because it was easy to add in by using kirby's model as a base.
>>
>>323325207
>like how Greninja got in because XY development clashing with Smash, pushed by TPCi, and hold uniqueness.
That's not really comparable to how Jigglypuff was included. Smash 64 was released after the Pokemon anime was aired and by then Jigglypuff already gained its popularity by it. If Smash 64 were to come out during the time when the Pokemon anime first aired it would be very doubtful that Jiggs would be the 2nd Pokemon rep to be chosen as it would hold as much merit as a Ratatta.
>>
>>323322724
She's from the most popular video game of all time you stupid faggot
>>
>>323318459
What's with everyone's obsession of getting DK characters in Smash? I mean, they're just apes and nothing else.
>>
>>323326875
Because the amount of attention Sakurai gives the franchise is completely incongruous to how popular it is.
>>
File: 1443495633518.jpg (7 KB, 149x225) Image search: [Google]
1443495633518.jpg
7 KB, 149x225
>>323326875
>long-running Nintendo series
>has a very loyal fanbase
>potential for unique movesets (I've seen plenty of ideas for K Rool and Dixie floating around)
>would likely bring unique stages and fantastic music along with them

Seriously, I'm still pissed at how hard DK gets shafted in Smash Bros. We could've had something like Punch Bowl from Tropical Freeze, and a ton of the music from that game - instead we get world 1-1 from Returns, and 8 gorillion remixes of the same DK Swing theme we've had the whole time.
>>
people hate Diddy Kong. Why the fuck would they want Girl Diddy Kong?
>>
>>323328059
I'm not even that big a DK fan and it pisses me right the fuck off how badly he gets treated with Smash, and its crystal clear that it's Sakurai who is doing that shit.
>>
>>323328045
>>323328059
>>323328940

Have you considered thinking that your series isn't as popular as you say it is?

Just a small point.
>>
>>323329570
DKC Returns sold more than the entire Fire Emblem series combined. 3/10 try harder next time.
>>
>>323318459
what does K Rool bring to the table aside from being a generic bowser-esque villain

the only thing memorable about him is the fact that he was a pirate and a mad scientist, which in turn is only due to the game creators knowing he is a boring villain and trying to spice him up. That might've worked for Brawl with mid battle character transformations but not in Smash 4.

i would rather play as Bass, the Walrus from tropical freeze, Omega Shenron or Hades if we're just adding villains
>>
>>323330035
Nice source
>>
>>323330085
barafags
>>
ASHLEY ASHLEY ASHLEY
>>
File: lanky_kong_02.png (232 KB, 496x525) Image search: [Google]
lanky_kong_02.png
232 KB, 496x525
>>323326875
Because its an important series to Nintendo as a whole and has a ton of interesting characters, stages and music to choose from.

We couldn't even get a Rambi assist trophy for god's sake.
>>
>>323319262

It kind of already was in the beginning, excluding the obvious Nintendo picks everyone thinks should absolutely be in because they're staple.
>>
>>323325831
>also because it was easy to add in by using kirby's model as a base
This. Sakurai is a lazy hack who cares more about Waifu Emblem than one of Nintendo's biggest franchises.
>>
Because the jap execs don't give a shit about DK let alone anyone from the series past the original Donkey Kong
>>
>>323330431
I hope you die in a fire
>>
>>323332147
Why would we need a rambi assist when Gogoat already exists?
>>
>>323318459
>wanting a HOO HAH clone

Your taste can not possibly be any worse.
>>
MY NAME IS EDDY
AND I WEAR A BIG
STINKY
DIAPER
>>
>>323320295
Nah, I'm just using logic. I'm stating that there's a decent gap between the development of Tropical Freeze and Fates and that OP is wrong in bringing up how they were supposedly in development at the same time is a reason to argue over Corrin apparently taking a slot from a Donkey Kong newcomer (as I point out, they likely were in at least some form but not in the same phases of development). His source is just as good as mine, but the point he tried to bring up is irrelevant to what he is arguing about.
>>
Dixie is shit-tier Kong. Even Lanky would be a better candidate.
>>
File: ITS NOT FAIR.png (1 MB, 1200x886) Image search: [Google]
ITS NOT FAIR.png
1 MB, 1200x886
>>
>>323332147
I'd take Lanky over K.Rool, honestly. The whole "muh villains" crowd doesn't really have much of a leg to stand if the character lacks appeal or usability.

Oh and I hate Toadfags and Meowthfags too.
>>
>>323336841
>le funny meme kong, HE haha xDD
Fuck you, you shit taste pea brained piece of garbage
>>
>>323318459
You know what else was fucking bullshit?

Falco and Fox keeping the same fucking Final SMASH.

That fucker changed other smashes yet kept them the same. Even that shit Dark Pit got a separate smash.

And Zero Suit gets one but Shiek doesn't? Just WHY WHY.

Also brings in Custom moves and Mario gets stuck with fucking FLUDD. Christ
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.