[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally got a decent job and money to build my own PC However
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 1024x768
Finally got a decent job and money to build my own PC

However I already have a Ps4 and a Wii u

Are there any genuine benefits of having a PC as most ports are shit nowadays, the main reason I want to build a PC Is for stalker
>>
if there are PC games you want to play, then go ahead. if all you want to play are console games, then stick with your consoles
>>
Playing fps games with a mouse and keyboard should be enough benefit to get a pc.
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>323309528
>Are there any genuine benefits of having a PC as most ports are shit nowadays
-Still better performance AND graphics than on the consoles.
-Mods.
-Free online gaming.
-Upgradeable for dirt cheap when necessary.
-some 5k exclusives + tens of thousands of multiplats = gigantic library, forever backwards compatible.

>the main reason I want to build a PC Is for stalker
Muh nigga!

Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area is quite boring.
>>
>>323309986
>first area is quite boring

r u kidings me

>bandit base
>army base
>army outpost
>mutated pigs, dogs and boars
>trying to get dat lame artifact whilst trying not get killed by anomalies
>>
>>323309528

Depends on your spending budget

what is it?
>>
the only good stalker is CoP and the map is tiny
>>
Every year
>I wanna build a pc!
>but why should I build a pc?!

If you don't know then just don't do it.
>>
>>323310305
About 1000 British pounds

Though I want to try and not just spend all of it for the sake of it
>>
>>323310217
>r u kidings me
You wouldn't believe how many HUNDREDS of threads I've witnessed in the past 8 years, involving total rookies quitting a mere 30mins into SoC, asking if it gets better / what are they doing wrong since they can't beat the first mission.

I personally love the "hobo phase", but that stuff really is not a standard in games anymore. Having to literally start from the rocky bottom of the Zone's foodchain, and slowly climb up the ranks with hard work, is seldom seen in shooters nowadays.

>>323310529
With 1k britbongs, you can create a system that won't be outdated, or at least not obsolete, during this decade.

I spent 1100€ on my current PC back in 2011 (i5 2500 + 8GB DDR3 + GTX 560ti + BD-drive + W7 Ultimate), and I still don't quite see any reason to upgrade. My screen's a 2ms 1920x1200 60hz.

>>323310356
>the only good stalker is CoP and the map is tiny
Totally wrong. Soc is the best game in the series. CoP is good as well, but waaay too easy and calm for its own good (in vanilla).
>>
>>323309528
move those fucking harddrives nigga
>>
File: WC3 ROC 1024x-1.jpg (250 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
WC3 ROC 1024x-1.jpg
250 KB, 1024x768
>>323309528
>as most ports are shit nowadays
Says who? If anything, most GAMES nowadays are shit in the first plays, and released in equally bad shape for all systems. At least on a PC, you can configure and mod things as you please, often resulting the community creating fixes long before devs themselves do.

Also everyone loves to bring up FPS games and how sweet KB+M controls are for them (and they are), but you seldom see people mention those OTHER genres where said control scheme is a must, namely RTS, Sim-games, and most CRPGs .
>>
>>323309528
>most ports are shit nowadays
the opposite is the truth, but people will not click on an article that says "anticipated game X´s port working as intended".
You simply only hear about the negative instances.
>>
>>323310529

You could get a lot of high end stuff with that. But save it for dx12 cards in 6 months and possibly better cpus in 6 months. It's what I'm doing since I kinda want to upgrade for vr.

Dunno how you can say the ports are shit when a basic 750 ti with an i3 can edge out the ps4 in nearly everything but that batman game. And that's a shitty budget pc which you can obviously outdo by a wide gap.
>>
It's a bad time to build a PC right now
>>
>>323309528
PCs are better security for building a library. They have fewer issues with "backwards compatibility" because they don't go through hard generations like a console.

Start buying multiplats on it. Start gathering classics you can emulate on it. PCs are library machines.
>>
>>323312164
We're do i start though I know fuck all about PC parts
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.