[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought kotor. About to play it for the first time. Any tips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 14
File: KotOR_Cover.png (662 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
KotOR_Cover.png
662 KB, 768x960
Just bought kotor. About to play it for the first time. Any tips? What am I in for?
I already know the twist, so we can skip that part.
>>
>>323373695
If you want to min-max then keep auto-level off and don't level your main character until you leave Taris. The game's easy enough that you don't need to min-max though.

Each planet is basically its own self-enclosed questline under the context of a broader overarching plot. Take it slow instead of trying to rush through it all at once. Think of each planet as its own individual film. Enjoy them individually instead of trying to marathon them all at once.

Do Tatooine and Kashyyk first because that's where you pick up your last party members, plus you unlock a significantly long sidequest on Manaan if you do it after Kashyyk. Save Korriban for last, it's best that way.
>>
>>323373695
Talk to your party members after you finish each planet. More of their personal stories should unlock.

>>323374614
I vote to Tatooine first, it has a good mix of easy and loot drops. It's probably the quickest way to get a short lightsaber for your off hand if you are dual wielding.
>>
I just cant get this working on my comp, its all stretched out and refuses to work with HDMI on my hdtv

ive given up and uninstalled it.
>>
>>323375353
How is it possible it won't run on your comp? I've had it run on my phone.
>>
Master Force Speed is fantastic both in and out of battle

And go with a combat oriented build because there is very very little you can't hack/repair/disarm using your allies meanwhile there's a couple of fights you'll have to do solo.
>>
>>323373695
The first planet is boring as fuck, just push through it.
>>
>>323373695
>Flurry
>Force Speed

On the first planet use grenades as much as you can, they are pretty much useless once you get your laser sword.
>>
>>323373695
Don't move while your character executes the command you gave him, or the action will stop and you will lose your attack.
>>
>>323373695
Take along all your companions instead of sticking to the same two all the time. The game is easy enough that all of them are useful, and you can talk to them often during the game in order to get their backstories. Most of them will have individual quests that unlock after you've talked to them enough, so keep bringing them along with you.
>>
YOU ARE STRELOK ALL ALONG
>>
>>323373695
generic overrated game that used the worst possible combat system for Star Wars

it's alright.
>>
>>323379729
CHEEKI WOOKIE
>>
>>323373695
>Just got x. About to play it for the first time. Any tips? What am I in for?
Why do people make these threads, you might as well watch a LP if you want to have your hand fucking held
>>
>>323380106
It could be remade with a better gameplay style, but........ such things never happen in the videogame industry. All remakes are reboots that CHANGE THE STORY AND DIALOGUE.
>>
Dex is pointless, strength bonus is the best.

You have to use your initial skill points at character creation, Persuade>repair-if darkside>demolitions Leveling up before you become jedi lowers max jedi level
so if you want to get through taris without leveling up your team can carry you but for stuff like the duel ring, grenade the shit out of everyone, plant landminds (demolition skill) to kill marl grenades won't work, energy shield+grenades on the last two guys you'll get darkside points though also adrenaline stims item is bullshit it doesn't boost your hitpoints from the +4 constitution bonus only the strength stim is worthwhile
>>
>>323373695
>I already know the twist, so we can skip that part.

That's a shame. It's really a great reveal.
>>
>>323384696
It's fucking obvious the moment you get to the Kashyyk Star Map.
>>
>>323375801
second this
>>
get out of this thread before you get revaned
>>
Not op I already finished kotor 1 and just turned everyone into jedi in kotor 2 now
I have questions
what does max dex mean on the armor? like sometimes the armor says max dex +5, when do you get the +5 to dex?
also how come kreia sometimes get 2 points to spend on force powers on level up?
and does that double hand mastery work for rifles?
and does the force deflection stack with the lightsaber deflection
>>
also what does keen do?
and what's the difference of attack+ and damage+
>>
>>323373695
you're revan.
>>
>>323385601
+5 is like 20 dex. Any more Dex and it wont add to your armor.
>>
don't kill the fish!
>>
>>323385601
Max dex means that's the maximum dexterity bonus you can get while wearing that armor. For example, if the armor has a max dex of +2, you can only have up to +2 from dex which means a score higher than 14-15 will give you no bonuses. In actual D&D this applies to everything that dexterity affects including bonus to defense, ranged attack rolls, dexterity-based skill checks and reflex saves; not sure if that's the case in KOTOR or if it only applies to the maximum dexterity bonus you get to defense.

Kreia is a Counselor, they get more force powers. You get the same if you decide to be a Counselor.

Two-hand fighting doesn't apply to rifles because it's a single weapon with a single attack, even though it's held in two hands.

>>323385719
Keen doubles the critical chance for your weapon. Attack is your chance to hit, damage is damage.

Internally, the games generates a random number between 1 and 20 on each of your attacks, adds your attack modifiers and compares to the target's defense. If it meets or exceeds the target defense, it's a hit. A +/-1 change in attack is thus a +/-5% chance to hit. This random 1-20 number is also what determines critical chance. So for example, a Mandalorian Ripper has a critical range of 18-20 which means if the "roll" is 18-20 before modifiers it's a critical hit. This works out to a 15% critical chance. Add "keen" to it and it doubles the critical range to make it 15-20, which is a 30% critical chance.
>>
>>323386578
what does the Jesus crystal do?
>>
>>323387198
nvm I named my character Jesus
>>
>>323386578
is Fist Jedi Bao Dur good?
>>
>>323373695
Bastila is tsundere waifu.
Canderous is best bro.
HK47 for lyfe.
>>
It's probably the best Star Wars game to be released, especially one that adds a story
>>
>>323387746
Yup, but he tends to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of min-maxing. The auto-level will just give him generic Jedi Guardian feats and powers, which sucks for him because he has an average dex and specializes in unarmed combat. Give him heavy armor specialization, toughness, and only powers that can be used in heavy armor, then find the best pair of gauntlets you can and he'll be an excellent tank. If you just auto-level him he'll hit like a mouse and go down in five seconds.
>>
>>323383553
Dex is better than Strength for Jedi characters because the lightsaber allows you to recieve a bonus to your actual lightsaber's damage which you would normally only receive from Strength on melee weapons.

This allows you to raise to hit, defense, and damage where as by investing in strength you recieve just damage and a bonus to your hit rate and you would lose the defense upgrade. By all means though improve your strength stat on characters like Carth, Canderous, and Zaalbar if you plan on using their melee options. Zaalbar personally benefits from constitution most since his strength is already ridiculously good but Canderous appreciates the extra attack power since he should always go heavy armor. Carth is more versatile than those two and can benefit from Str, Dex, and Con upgrades although Dex might not be a good option if you plan on using medium/heavy armor.

>>323385719
Improves your crit rate. This stacks with the Critical attack line of feats to the point with the right weapon you can get a 50% crit rate per attack.

>>323374614
Korriban and Kashyyk have the best gear that allows you to take proper advantage of your jedi abilities earlier in the game. The Qel Droma Robes you get on Korriban offer superior defense to all other Jedi Robes (at +5) until the end of the game in addition to a +2 Wisdom bonus. You also get the Sith Mask which requires the Heavy Armor Feat use but is pretty essential for Revan early game since it gives him a +1 to Force Regeneration that is active at all times. The Circlet of Saresh on Kashyyk gives you a massive +5 wisdom. With exception to the Sith Mask the other two pieces of gear require you to be lightside in order to use so you're best bet is to give them to Juhani/Bastila if you don't plan on using them yourself since Jolee cannot actually use any of this gear. With both equipped Bastila will actually have more force points than Jolee and her force powers will very rarely fail to hit.
>>
File: dafuq.jpg (95 KB, 577x960) Image search: [Google]
dafuq.jpg
95 KB, 577x960
>>323386578
>Kreia is a Counselor, they get more force powers. You get the same if you decide to be a Counselor.
>>
If you decide to min/max and to fight Bendak Starkiller. Mines are your best friend.
>>
>>323386448
this
>>
How much spinning and high ground is there in this game?
>>
>>323388132
>Dex is better than Strength for Jedi characters because the lightsaber allows you to recieve a bonus to your actual lightsaber's damage which you would normally only receive from Strength on melee weapons.
>This allows you to raise to hit, defense, and damage where as by investing in strength you recieve just damage and a bonus to your hit rate and you would lose the defense upgrade. By all means though improve your strength stat on characters like Carth, Canderous, and Zaalbar if you plan on using their melee options. Zaalbar personally benefits from constitution most since his strength is already ridiculously good but Canderous appreciates the extra attack power since he should always go heavy armor. Carth is more versatile than those two and can benefit from Str, Dex, and Con upgrades although Dex might not be a good option if you plan on using medium/heavy armor.
Dex doesn't boost the lightsaber it's a lie that got said on xbox attack bonus boosts melee, lightsabers, and fucking ranged attacks. Why ranged? I can't tell you but it's why Carth is decent with two weapon fighting with blasters to hit chance even though he's got more dex and it's suppose to be the primary for ranged.
Zaalbar I'm just dumping his points into Strength with wookie toughness and regular toughness perks he's a real powerhouse as a melee character.
Canderous I'm trying to turn into a melee fighter but don't want to use him that way till end game since he has so many feats thrown into ranged already. Plus he's probably the coolest character, I get sucked in listening to his stories. and his implant is useful.
Carth is just like instantly like-able as a person but not a good party member compared to the others in terms of usefulness since he's sort of fucked with being spec'd for ranged weapons over melee like ordo.
>>
File: 1451270010961.jpg (227 KB, 1024x1434) Image search: [Google]
1451270010961.jpg
227 KB, 1024x1434
>>323373695
It uses the Neverwinter Nights engine and mechanics so if you've played that game, you know all the nitty gritty of this one.
>>
In KotOR 2 sometimes when I swoop, the instant the third light lights up and I click M1, my swoop is suddenly high on the ceiling. It won't hit against ground obstacles, but still gets hit by mines. It also can't hit the boosts. reloading doesn't work I have to exit and restart the game
Also whenever my character is solo, (peragus part with my character and also the t3 parts, korriban cave, jekektar) sometimes after combat my character can't move for like 30 secs. he can only move if I click on something to loot/open and he'll run towards it but after that he still won't move. I have to save and reload to get it off.
>>
>>323373695
Never assume your companions won't do something stupid and babysit them. If there's a hallway full of mines with an enemy at the end they have an intense urge to mine clear with their bodies,
>>
>>323388132
Some more stuff: You will fight Calo Nord at the beginning of these two planets rather than at the end meaning you get access to his two kickass pistols and his personal heavy armor which helps to make short work out of Korriban early game. There are also some other neat shit on Korriban and going to Korriban first helps due to some of the gear that becomes available to buy after doing a quest there and then talking to this one rodian bar owner.

You can also purchase the Cassus Fett Heavy Pistol on Korriban which is the strongest Blaster Pistol outside of the one Saul Karath drops later on in the game. Together on Mission, Carth, or HK47 you will be able to do ridiculous damage. Mission by the way actually has the most ridiculous offense stat in the game if you set her up right due to Sneak Attack Lvl IX. It gives her a 9-54 attack boost for each hit she makes when striking stunned targets which is made easier by the Cassus Fett Blaster due to the 25% chance to stun on hit along with it having Keen to boost it's crit further raising her chance to stun the enemy.

The melee weapons you get for free on Korriban and Kashyyk are also very useful powerful weapons to have in the early game and help to deal with some of the more problematic enemies via granting you high poison damage (Naga Sadow's Poison Blade) or high fire attack (Ajunta Pall's Blade) and also just generally having high attack modifiers which helps early for actually hitting your enemies reliably. Bacca's Ceremonial Blade is excellent for destroying droids and does extra damage on crit.
>>
>>323389125
What? Who is still playing this on xbox now anyway?
Jedi benefit far more from dex as you can use force powers and get a decent armor bonus from robes
Strength gives a few extra points of damage per attack unless you're a wookie
>>
>>323389509
This is the single most useful piece of advice. Holy shit I had quite a handful with that and in the initial Taris underworld where one person would usually run off into a corner and get gangbanged to death.
>>
What planet is the HK-50 factory on? HK-47 says if I encounter 3 more groups of HK-50 assassin droids he can follow the signal on the sonic imprint sensor back to the factory.
>>
>>323388517
>Spinning
Play KOTOR 2 and mash X

>High Ground
none
>>
>>323389692
>What? Who is still playing this on xbox now anyway?
>Jedi benefit far more from dex as you can use force powers and get a decent armor bonus from robes
>Strength gives a few extra points of damage per attack unless you're a wookie
No it doesn't I've fucked over my main character so many times going the dex route I'll explain why strength is better. Going above +1 or 2 dex is pointless unless you're aiming on dumping the 5 extra points at level up all into dex and loading up with dex items(easier to boost strength with items anyway). Your chance to dodge isn't that great even with high dex modifier you're going to get hit just as often.
With STR you are loading the dice in your favor in every way when it comes to attack. First it loads your hit chance so you roll a 3 but have a +3 you're getting a six. After you hit there is another roll for damage and strength adds to that dice roll too, then there is crit chance and it's just like being keen it goes to that bonus roll too. Dex is such bullshit don't fall for it like I did freaking 8 hours into my last character and I'm about to start over with a str heavy character.
>>
just go wis and spam scream and UNLIMITED POWER
>>
>>323389251
The easiest way to work with the combat freeze I know of is to just quicksave and reload your game.

Sometimes in solo sections with narrow halls the camera freaks the fuck out and my character teleports all over the place until combat ends or I stop moving. Is there a fix for that?
>>
Who was the great Gand bounty hunter at the bar the Ullustan was talking about? all the Gands there say they are Gand. I got to the part where I killed everyone there so I'll never know who it was.
>>
>>323389125
>Canderous I'm trying to turn into a melee fighter but don't want to use him that way till end game since he has so many feats thrown into ranged already. Plus he's probably the coolest character, I get sucked in listening to his stories. and his implant is useful.
My personal opinion is you should hold off on using any of his Heavy Weapons until the Baragwin Heavies become available. His melee is actually his best stat and unlike other characters he doesn't get penalized as hard for going melee thanks to his regeneration implant allowing him to tank shit even though his defense can suck. Two pistols is an option for Canderous but one that is pretty much better served by Carth since he is already partly spec'd for it.

>Carth is just like instantly like-able as a person but not a good party member compared to the others in terms of usefulness since he's sort of fucked with being spec'd for ranged weapons over melee like ordo.
He's actually incredibly versatile and can pretty much compete with Ordo outside of the implant and Ordo having a higher Strength than him. Being spec'd for range isn't a negative. Most people just pic poor feats and don't know what pistols to use - also they don't turn on Jedi/Droid Support on every character which is pretty much essential if you actually want them to use their feats and force powers properly. Granted Mission is much better at ranged than anyone else is just cause lol Sneak Attack.

Continued in next post
>>
>>323389251
vsync fixes the stuck character bug if it doesn't cause the game to crash on your system.
>>
I've been wondering, does this game have different resistances and weaknesses for different aliens? like wookiees are weak to fire because all the fur is easy to blaze?
>>
>>323390796

only thing i know of like this is that wookiee party members cant equip head slot or armor items.
>>
>>323390621
There's a Gand in the south corner of that room who refers to himself in the first person. If you have a high enough Wisdom you can call him out on it, which leads to completing the quest. Mira's isn't high enough, so you need to go there early with the Exile.
>>
>>323389125
>Dex doesn't boost the lightsaber
Kotor 2 it boosts +hit if you take the right talent.
>>
>>323390676
>Dex doesn't boost the lightsaber it's a lie that got said on xbox attack bonus boosts melee, lightsabers, and fucking ranged attacks. Why ranged? I can't tell you but it's why Carth is decent with two weapon fighting with blasters to hit chance even though he's got more dex and it's suppose to be the primary for ranged.
It does actually boost lightsabers offense. Here's how it works:

Dex is +3 and Str is +4 then it will take the Str for determining your lightsaber attack and to hit stats. You will still receive the +3 dex bonus to defense depending on the armor but the attack will not be improved in anyway since it only takes from whichever one is highest. This works in reverse too if Dex is +4 and Str is +3 then Dex will be the primary stat taken for both the attack, the hit rate, and the dex bonus on the armor so long as you are wielding a lightsaber - this is how Strength is basically less useful for jedis than Dex - Dex is also very easy to raise via gloves/implants and it benefits a Jedi to keep buffing that stat as high as possible to offest the weakness the Jedi Robers offer in terms of defense.

>Zaalbar I'm just dumping his points into Strength with wookie toughness and regular toughness perks he's a real powerhouse as a melee character.
You wanna get the regular toughness perks immediately for Zaalbar since his defense is terrible the entire game and you are stuck with medpacks till you get a Jedi. This is why Zaalbar needs the extra constitution. His strength is already fantastic. By buffing his HP to uber levels we can make him impossible to kill.
>>
>>323390796
Droids are weak to Ion rounds.

Energy weapons like lightsabers have a hardtime against shields and certain enemies.

A boss that shows up from time to time called the Terentatek gets absolutely destroyed by Flame weapons in addition to Poison. The one fight on Korriban where you have to take on two at the same time seems like it would be impossible early game until you realize you got the strongest fire sword in the game and can just lure them both to a doorway and 1 vs 1 them safely.

There is some other stuff like Lightning and Cold but almost nothing has resistance to Force Storm which is your primary methods for inflicting Lightning damage. Cold doesn't really show up often and you only have a couple of methods for even inflicting Cold damage IIRC. Namely an Echani Blade and the droid weapons.
>>
>>323392047
are the Jew aliens from phantom menace in this game? maybe they get bonus resistance to force shit
>>
>>323373695
If you use any kind of lightsaber other than one single bladed one you are a fag.
>>
>>323392708
darth maul 4lyfe
>>
>>323392512
The flying blue jew? Nah they ain't in it. There are Hutts though but you can only really get away with Force Persuade on them once to get like a hundred extra credits or not pay a fee depending on the Hutt. They develop resistance incredibly quickly to that shit.

I'm actually beginning to think that Persuade isn't even worth investing in all that much. You don't really get that much from having a high persuade.

Oh and one last thing for my list of tips: Don't buy anything from the guy on Yazin until he refuses to play you for cash anymore. You can easily get an extra 7500 credits out of him in 10 games and from then on once he stops playing you for cash he will also offer you a 20% discount on all of his kickass gear for the rest of the game.
>>
>raid korriban's ancient tombs of the super ancient sith lords
>open some urn jar
>credits
why
>>
>>323392915
>I'm actually beginning to think that Persuade isn't even worth investing in all that much. You don't really get that much from having a high persuade.
Nvm. Just looked some stuff up and it's key to saving a ton of money (buying HK47 for instance is actually pretty expensive without just threatening the Shopkeeper to bring the price down) without acquiring darkside points and getting a few items and credits.
>>
>>323392915
Persuade is the only useful skill in the first game. Every other skill is worthless and Int is a dumpstat.
>>
>>323390120
You can't access the factory at any time, it's a story mission.

Though it's on telos
>>
>>323391386
Dex doesn't influence damage in either game.
>>
>>323388517
there's some betrayal tho
>>
>>323393783
It does in the second if you take the finesse perks for their respective weapons. I don't think they have those in the first however.
>>
>>323394120
finesse is just hit chance
>>
>>323394120
That only affects the to hit bonus, and it's done automatically in the first game.
>>
>>323390152
>No it doesn't I've fucked over my main character so many times going the dex route I'll explain why strength is better. Going above +1 or 2 dex is pointless unless you're aiming on dumping the 5 extra points at level up all into dex and loading up with dex items(easier to boost strength with items anyway). Your chance to dodge isn't that great even with high dex modifier you're going to get hit just as often.
>With STR you are loading the dice in your favor in every way when it comes to attack. First it loads your hit chance so you roll a 3 but have a +3 you're getting a six. After you hit there is another roll for damage and strength adds to that dice roll too, then there is crit chance and it's just like being keen it goes to that bonus roll too. Dex is such bullshit don't fall for it like I did freaking 8 hours into my last character and I'm about to start over with a str heavy character.
>>323393783
>Dex doesn't influence damage in either game.
Yeah you're both right. I had to go and look this up - I was wrong on the damage buff but right on the attack buff. The dex thing isn't a complete myth though since it still buffs your attack (which is your to hit rate) so long that it's higher than the strength stat. Strength does have other perks on it other than boosting attack and damage. One of them is that it adds to your Critical Strike Difficulty Class rolls making it harder for enemies to resist getting stunned if you do decide to specialize a character in the Master Critical Strike feat line.

I got confused by attack and damage whilst looking at the lightsaber stuff. Sorry about that. I disagree on the defense being shit thing. It's more a matter of wearing the right armor and gear to maximize the defense. Revan and the Jedi need to specialize for defense otherwise they have shit durability. Revan typically needs to wear armor unless he is a Scoundrel or holds off on leveling to increase the speed at which he gains +6 defense.
>>
>>323394246
>>323394304
Ooh
>>
Is it just me or are the combat mechanics too complicated for a game that barely makes use of them?

In the end all the matters is whether or not you have master speed and use flurry.
>>
>>323395386
You admitted you were wrong and accepted it as an honest mistake. That alone is better than how 80% of /v/ would have handled it.
>>
>>323396550
They're not really that complicated. It's just some simple equations and dice rolls.
>>
Just started KOTOR 2. Mining place was a drag, and Telos isn't particularily interesting. I actually enjoyed Taris in KOTOR believe it or not, but hated Dantooine. Does KOTOR 2 liven up soon? Also, I'm focusing on going high DPS as a lightside character. What weapons/force powers would you recommend? I'm aiming for master speed, what else?
>>
>>323396550
The d20 system in general was pretty crunch heavy. The good thing about it being a video game is they all get done by the computer instead of you having to remember all your modifiers and spending five minutes per attack adding them all up, and another ten minutes arguing with your DM over whether a +2 bonus applies or not.
>>
>>323385906
>>323385906
>>323385906
>>323385906
>>323385906
WHAT?
>>
>>323389242
>you will never have a high test Jedi wife like Bastila
>you will never cum inside her as you tell her she betrayed her oath
>>
>>323397028
Depends on which planet you choose to do first. Nar Shadda is the obvious choice since it gives you three extra characters and has a good amount of content.

Can't tell you anything about weapons or force powers without your build.
>>
>>323397040

I've always wondered if DnD was worth trying out. Apparently not. I am not a patient man.
>>
>>323397948
If it means anything, 4e and 5e are less crunchy, especially 4e. It's just that both KOTORs were released in the life span of 3e and 3.5, which are probably the crunchiest of D&D editions.
>>
>>323373695
hk-47 is best partner
dark route is for fags
the final dungeon is rushed as fuck
>>
File: stalkerwharu.png (553 KB, 600x622) Image search: [Google]
stalkerwharu.png
553 KB, 600x622
>>323379729
>>
>>323399613

Final dungeon was hilarious because of how it regressed into the most generic video game possible. Malak was sending robots just to stall you so he could do...thing.
>>
>>323399613
>the final dungeon is rushed as fuck
I disagree, the problem is Rakata Prime pretty much killed any momentum the story had at that point. You should've gone straight to the Star Forge instead of spending time doing fetch quests for ayylmaos before anything interesting happens.
>>
>>323399884
>big long corridors of nothing
>endless robots
>nonstop cutscenes of the bad guy doing literally nothing
No the final dungeon was definitely rushed.
>>
>>323397028

>Mining place was a drag, and Telos isn't particularily interesting

They are alright locations but they drag a bit.

>I actually enjoyed Taris in KOTOR believe it or not

Taris being bad is just a meme.

>Does KOTOR 2 liven up soon

It should. Most of the planets are pretty fun though if you hated Dantooine in the first game I don't think you'll like it's return any more. Best to do that first and save the best for last.
>>
>Korriban

The most underused of planets in both KOTOR games.

I expected so much more.
>>
>>323401315
The Sith Academy in 1 was pretty entertaining to go through. I agree it was underused in 2 considering all the recurring themes of the game, but that was 2 in a nutshell.
>>
File: Asajj_Ventress_Kindred_Spirits.png (866 KB, 828x1104) Image search: [Google]
Asajj_Ventress_Kindred_Spirits.png
866 KB, 828x1104
>>323401998

I'd like to see a Star Wars RPG that actually gives players the choice to start from different planets, Korriban included. I'd like to see some really neat stuff about exploring the tombs, surviving all those traps and Sith ghosts, unearthing the lore of the ancient Sith Lords, learning new Force powers, building up your base and so on.

Above all, I'd like to see a game have a deeper look at the dark side of the Force, rather than just use it in cartoonishly inept ways.

But that's never going to happen, because it'd bee too big of a game to be made, more so while EA still holds the rights to make SW games for the next decade.
>>
>>323402352
Just play the sorceror story in TOR. It's exactly that. Sith ghosts, force powers, ancient sith tombs and traps, the works.
>>
>>323402352
>I'd like to see a Star Wars RPG that actually gives players the choice to start from different planets, Korriban included. I'd like to see some really neat stuff about exploring the tombs, surviving all those traps and Sith ghosts, unearthing the lore of the ancient Sith Lords, learning new Force powers, building up your base and so on.

thats literally swtor

>inb4 f2p is shit

well then you wouldnt pay for that awesome SW RPG you described
>>
>People shilling Tortanic as if its not garbage
Tortanic doesn't exist.
Get over it, you wasted your money, EA
>>
>>323395386
Yeah I fell into thinking Dex was a boost for lightsabers too that's why I mentioned Str is better. Dex boosts your chance to hit but so does attack, the dex boost to defense doesn't really help you dodge it's like if you had +2 dex that's like a +2 to your dice roll which you get from stuff like belts on all saving throws it doesn't really help you dodge mostly just boost your actual defense stat to reduce damage which goes against what they got from their damage roll I think, like they roll a 20 it rolls for crit they fail the crit but rolled a high attack damage then it brings your defense stat in before it takes a chunk of your health it's not that great. I fell for that dex helps with light sabers thing a lot of people did because with the xbox packaging it said dex influences light sabers even though it was like explained above and strength is better and it became an internet rumor because most people talk about KoToR on the net only met like one or two people that play it in person.
>>323390676
>He's actually incredibly versatile and can pretty much compete with Ordo outside of the implant and Ordo having a higher Strength than him. Being spec'd for range isn't a negative. Most people just pic poor feats and don't know what pistols to use - also they don't turn on Jedi/Droid Support on every character which is pretty much essential if you actually want them to use their feats and force powers properly. Granted Mission is much better at ranged than anyone else is just cause lol Sneak Attack.

My main problem with Carth and ranged is that melee is better than ranged for damage and it doesn't seem worth it to change him to melee even though he probably could switch over and be useable. The thing about keeping him as ranged is if you are not using 3 ranged attack users. If one is melee he's going to be the tank and take the brunt of all the damage and go down somewhat fast. ran out of space will continue...
>>
>>323403316

>im a poorfag: the post
>>
>>323403537
>I work for EA, the post
>>
>>323403387
>>>323390676
>>He's actually incredibly versatile and can pretty much compete with Ordo outside of the implant and Ordo having a higher Strength than him. Being spec'd for range isn't a negative. Most people just pic poor feats and don't know what pistols to use - also they don't turn on Jedi/Droid Support on every character which is pretty much essential if you actually want them to use their feats and force powers properly. Granted Mission is much better at ranged than anyone else is just cause lol Sneak Attack.
>My main problem with Carth and ranged is that melee is better than ranged for damage and it doesn't seem worth it to change him to melee even though he probably could switch over and be useable. The thing about keeping him as ranged is if you are not using 3 ranged attack users. If one is melee he's going to be the tank and take the brunt of all the damage and go down somewhat fast. ran out of space will continue...
Same problem with 2 melee users and one ranged one will go down then the next, because Carth being a soldier with decent hp/armor if he's not up front with a melee user he's in the back not tanking and trying to deal inferior ranged damage, with 3 ranged users he could get targeted and solve that problem but he's not going to be as useful as melee or a consular casting force powers.
>>
>>323403387
At least blasters are significantly buffed in KOTOR2.
>>
>>323403618

at least i have money
>>
>>323403114
>>323403537
>>323403729
Can't you do all the story content without paying anything?
>>
>>323403729
No you don't.
Shilling pays well below minimum wage, poorfag
>>
>>323403916

thats still minimal wage above your 0
>>
>>323403687
Quite honestly I'm okay with ranged sucking in KoToR I played it initially cause I wanted to be a jedi and user a lightsaber and make sexual advances on bastilla.
Man it's mean you gotta get through Taris to be a jedi but it's like YES JEDI AWESOME And then talking with Bastilla on the hawk My dick honestly went diamonds when she started to act like hinting all my terrible advances started to work before the leviathan showed up lol
>>
>>323404076
>All this projecting
Tell me again why I'm poor because I refuse to buy garbage.
I've got a lot more money than you
>>
>>323403114
>>323402943

SWTOR is shit.

And the sorcerer's story is one of the worst stories of the whole lot.

>Oh man, I'm getting fucked up by eating Force ghosts all the time
>I know what will make me feel better: eating more Force ghosts!

That and the fact that you don't even kill Thanaton yourself just makes it even worse.

I played through that shitpile and it's one of my biggest regrets.
>>
Would you a Kreia?
>>
>>323404310

>i've got a lot more money than you

I can afford 15$ for swtor sub.
You cant.

I win.

>>323404385
Nah you just have shit taste.
>>
>>323404159
https://youtu.be/WiO5QkxoFcw
Bastilla best tsundere
>>
>>323404472

Don't you ever sleep? I see you shilling with the same tactics 24/7 whenever a KOTOR thread pops up.
>>
>>323404472
FUCK YOU.
I"M GOING TO BUY 10 TOR SUBS JUST TO SPITE YOU, YOU FUCKING CUNT.

You're supervisors will love the screencap you send them of this post
>>
>>323404565

Im gonna shill SWTOR as long as your guys shill for the abomination that KOTOR2 is. ;)
>>
Have a ranged companion, dump them full of dexterity, and spam master power blast.

You should be okay.
>>
>>323386578
>Two-hand fighting doesn't apply to rifles because it's a single weapon with a single attack, even though it's held in two hands.

...which is why two pistols is always better than a single rifle. Same goes for two sabers vs. double-bladed saber.
>>
>>323404385
Only good storyline in TOR is Imp Agent

Bounty Hunter is passable if you like Saturday Morning Children's Cartoons

Everything else is trash
>>
>>323404743

>implying

I pirated both KOTOR games.

I give praise where it's due and one of the most important things for me in a game is the story. Obsidian did it well. I enjoyed the first KOTOR game, but I love the sequel.
>>
>>323405129

>pirated both KOTOR games
>Obsidian did it well

Opinion and shit taste discarded.

But at least its obvious that you hate SWTOR because you cant play it.

hahaha
we are still back at #1 you being a poorfag
>>
>>323405360

I played SWTOR though and it is indeed as shitty as /v/ claimed it to be. You're mixing me up with the other guy.

Besides, if your only argument consists of "your jst 2 poor kiddo", well... doesn't speak much for the game, does it, when you have to attack people on that kind of basis.
>>
>>323405528
>I played SWTOR
>piratefag

F2P doesnt count.
>>
>>323405528
Isn't the game, you know, free to play anyways?
>>
How much of a hipster faggot am I for using viridian and cyan crystals instead of green and blue?
>>
>>323405129
kotor2 is probably the best treatment the star wars IP has ever had, and one of the greatest tragedies of our generation is that obsidian won't get to make a kotor 3
>>
>>323405576

>playing the game doesn't count as playing the game unless you play the game I specify is legit

Gas yourself.

>>323405609

Yes, and? What's your point? Being subscribed or not does not improve or worsen the stories themselves. They remain the same (shitty) stories. Sure, your experience of the game is hampered by the severe limitations, but it's completely possible to finish the class-related storyline in f2p.

But even in this case it doesn't matter. I got a month of subscription from a friend that wanted someone to play the game with him, he played Sith Warrior/Jugg and I was Sith Inquisitor/Sorc.
>>
>>323405820
>They remain the same (shitty) stories

kek
except half of them are already better than KOTOR2 without the expansions

KOTFE is half done and already shits on KOTOR2 by miles and more complete than KOTOR2 is after 10 years
>>
>>323404525
Shwing

Yeah there was a nice dynamic there. Normally I don't really care about managing friendships and stuff but characters like Bastilla and Ordo were cool and enjoyed interacting with them.
Bastillas change over time was pretty cool She seems like a real prig but warms up and it's cute when she teases mission
>>
>>323405974

>being this much of a diehard shill

I wonder if they actually pay you for all this effort.

In any case, SWTOR is and always has been absolute shit.
>>
>>323406097
>is and always has been absolute shit.

thats KOTOR2 tho
>>
How is the writing in SWTOR compared to the writing in KOTOR? Because I really didn't like the writing in KOTOR that much
>>
>>323406290

Worse.
>>
File: qt.jpg (193 KB, 1449x1870) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
193 KB, 1449x1870
>>323404525
She just wants your D
>>
>>323406290

SWTOR is better than both KOTOR games
>>
>>323406290
It's so bad it hurts.
>>
>>323406290
KOTOR>SWTOR>>>KOTOR2
>>
>>323406403
Too bad she doesn't actually look like that in game
>>
>>323406697
I'm not that far in KOTOR2, but I've been enjoying the dialogue more than the original's so far
>>
>>323406754
Yeah she looks better in the game, she was my waifu once :3
>>
>>323404896
But a double bladed saber gives you two attacks, so it's like carrying two sabers. Plus they have a higher damage bonus as far as i remember. Could be wrong though
>>
>>323406697
KOTOR2 > KOTOR > Every game ever made > SWTOR
>>
>>323406974

>kotor2
>that high

kek
Tetris has better writing than KOTOR2
>>
>>323373695
Specialize, don't go for a jack of all trades. Do one thing and do it well.
>>
>>323406913
They have a base higher damage bonus with a lower critical threat range. Usually you're better off with with two lightsabers for more crystal bonuses.
>>
File: wants your d.jpg (625 KB, 1104x1802) Image search: [Google]
wants your d.jpg
625 KB, 1104x1802
>>323406754
>>
File: fuckyou_clVRlESu.gif (117 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou_clVRlESu.gif
117 KB, 240x320
>>323407174
Shows what you know, being so dyslexic you go to Tetris for your reading material.
>>
File: PURE PAZAAK.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PURE PAZAAK.jpg
342 KB, 1920x1080
WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT
>>
File: 1.jpg (831 KB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
831 KB, 1600x800
Quick, take one waifu with you to the Outer Rim
>>
>>323408253
brianna easily.
>>
>>323408253
I'd force choke Visas, if you know what I mean
>>
>>323408303
>>323408253
oh wait mission actually. shes young and the ass is fat, I would love to cum in her on the daily
>>
>not picking mission so that you can power fuck her blue twi'lek pussy
>>
>>323373695
Not sure why everyone likes this game series
I've only played the second, but it was a buggy, unfinished pile of crap, and the story wasn't that great either. I assume the first is the same way.
>>
>>323408360
That's so fucking hilarious I have to pick it no matter what kind of playthrough I'm doing.
>>
>>323408451
The first is finished with less bugs but much worse gameplay.
>>
>>323407295
Ah true. Four crystal spaces are better than two
>>
File: Mission_Vao_profile.png (122 KB, 297x297) Image search: [Google]
Mission_Vao_profile.png
122 KB, 297x297
>>323408253

>Juhani

Man, she's so ugly.

Who thought space Khajiits were a good idea?

Anyway, Mission for life.
>>
>>323408253
Mission, young/pubescent Twi'lek that's literally built for sex. Bastilla is a close second, I've just never liked girls with haughty attitudes
>>
>>323408360
Visas is for cuddling and holding hands
>>
>>323408253

Atris, she would loosen up after a while.
>>
I realized I missed so many side quests with my party because I always used Mission and HK-47 and it bothers me, but not enough to replay it.
>>
>>323380106
Still better than KOTOR2.
>>
File: tumblr_mw3yjawduI1qiq3fqo1_1280.jpg (318 KB, 700x814) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mw3yjawduI1qiq3fqo1_1280.jpg
318 KB, 700x814
>>323408253
redeeming fallen jedi chicks gives me a powerful white knight boner desu
>>
>>323408253
Kreia all the way, bro. It'll be like going on an adventure with your mother.
>>
>>323411051
She only fell because you did not kiss her immediately and spent too much time teasing her.
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.