[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bioshit Infinite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Levineisahack.jpg (59 KB, 680x320) Image search: [Google]
Levineisahack.jpg
59 KB, 680x320
I got this and all the DLC during the winter sale. I just finished it.

What the fuck did I just play? The core gameplay / gunplay is plodding and terrible. It barely feels like an FPS now. The Powers are all the same and boring. The Handymen fights are incomprehensibly bad compared to Big Daddies. The enemies lack any sort of personality too.

Now for the setting: Columbia is OK, but its a lot less "dense" and interesting than Rapture. Having the chance to explore it peacefully is nice, but the early section of the game lasts way, waaay too long. The DLCs do that much better. About 5 minutes and that's it, with a bit of gameplay mixed in.

And finally the story. I don't understand why everyone is in love with the "story" of this game. There's nothing hard to understand about the "quantum mcguffin". And it breaks the story more than it helps it along. What good is a setting and set-ups if all of that can be swept aside with a quantum-leap reset?

The ending of Infinite is also clearly ripped off Bioshock 2. Honestly a ton of Infinite felt like Levine being a bitter, jealous jew over Bioshock 2 and wanting to "remake" it. But unfortunatly, 2 ends up better in every way anyway.

Especially when you compare Elizabeth and Eleanor. Again, Levine obviously wanted to remake his own version of Eleanor but because of the 2nd Infinite DLC, she ends up being completely pointless. Everything she is and has done ends up being a set-up for Bioshock 1 while adding nothing at all to it.

That this game won GOTY awards the year it came out and is praised so highly just blows my mind.

I'm glad Levine is out of video games. What a fucking hack.
>>
>>323198252
if you hated it so much why would you play the dlcs and even finish the game?
>>
>>323198574
He probably enjoyed it but then remembered he has to try and fit in on /v/
>>
>>323198574

Because I paid for it and I hoped maybe the DLCs would fix the story.

The first one had the nifty Rapture pre-destruction thing, but then the end just shits itself completely.

2nd DLC is the only one that had good gameplay, until the you get the ability to stay constantly invisible and just go invisible in front of enemies after they spotted you. I was hoping the story would also amount to more than just a pointless set-up to Bio 1.

But it didn't. So ultimately, I played through this trying to understand why its praised so much.

All I can think off is that it was baby mode easy so even the pleb can play it on Hard, and that the Quantum Shit made people feel smart. Also Daughterfu bait (even though Eleanor was much better).
>>
Reminder that Big Daddys and Little Sisters attach to each other out of normal friendship and it's not a chemical based bond. So the BS1 guy didn't need to give himself a whale voice
>>
>>323203285

Well, normal friendship... The Little sisters supply the big daddies in Adam otherwise they die. So sure there's friendship there, but there's also necessity.
>>
I pirated Infinite and played it for about 1-2 hours, Then I never played it again.

Holy fuck is the gameplay boring.

The story itself is stupid as fuck as well.

The art direction is nice though.
>>
This game is so fucking shit. I played five hours of it and never touched it again because I realized how it was complete fucking garbage.
>>
>>323203564
No the Little Sisters didn't like Big Daddys til Elizabeth taught them not to be afraid of them. Then a Big Daddy saved those Little Sister's life. Every Big Daddy has to earn a Little Sisters trust or they won't follow them. The process to give yourself a whale voice box and be stinky and in a giant suit in BS1 was for nothing.
>>
>>323198252
Yup its shit. Good luck trying to convince any of these plebs though.
>>
>>323198252
just love bioshock 1 and 2, and forget about infinite

I wish I could do that
>>
The tipping point for me is the Handyman fights. None of the planning and preparation of the Big Daddy fights. None of the build-up to them because they come out of no where. And the fights themselves are shitty because all the Handymen do is jump at you and do an AoE pound, over and over. So all you do is run away, turn after they pound, shoot a few times. or spam CC vigors.

So bad.
>>
>>323198252
That's how everyone feels after beating it. I felt the same way but made the mistake of going to /bsg/ to call Elizabeth a shit compared to Eleanor
>>
I'm trying to play it this week and I am so bored. I'm playing on hard but I just run through the levels shooting every enemy in the head. It doesn't feel like bioshock at all.
>>
do you live under a rock on another planet?

How could you possibly think /v/'s mass opinion on this game i positive? that the story is what it's praised for?
Is this a case of
>"hey look a board for video games!"
>>
File: 1402791522967.jpg (59 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1402791522967.jpg
59 KB, 919x720
>>323204785
>Also actively ruining the point of BS2
>>
>>323198252
One of the major problems is that they wanted to make Bioshock 3, but in a new setting. They couldn't let go of the mechanics and themes of the previous games, but they put it in a new story and setting.
Why would Booker eat out of trashcans? Why do they produce their vigor - what's the market, how does it affect the city, what's the point in combat vigors in a somewhat civilized city? Why are there weapon-upgrade stations all over?

And then there's the fact that combat is much more shallow than B1+2's combat. In B1+2 you had weapons that could be used in other ways and stuff in the environment you could manipulate. A camera could be destroyed / avoided / hacked / hacked, and then you could lure an enemy into the searchlight to trigger an alarm a drone / triggered, and then you could hack the drone it sent out or just destroy it. You could lay mines, change ammo, turn invisible, take research pictures, upgrade weapons in interesting ways, play with plasmids and tonics, etc. There was shit do do.

Oh, and the story in Infinite is shit. It's one big "we want this to happen, so the story has to allow it to happen - no, consistency isn't an issue". Like Booker who just happened to lose his memory, because that was convenient.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.