[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: PS3.png (3 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
PS3.png
3 MB, 1280x1280
Did you ever own a PS3 /v/? Why not. It's got all the best exclusives; generation and console.
>>
personally, it's also the best console to own in general if it's a backwards compatible. i'm going to give my sister my PS3 so i can get a BC one
>>
>>323142482
To tell a little truth: each and every model of PS3 can play PS2 games. Sony has the working emulator actually made and is using it within PS2 Classics games. If you have the console with custom firmware you can just install this official emulator detached from the PS2 Classics title and play a lot of different PS2 games unavailable in PSN. Of course, there are artifacts in some titles and some games freeze diring the gameplay or even launching sequence. But most of them work great. It is especially handy when you want to play some 4 player PS2 titles and don't have a PS2 multitap.
>>
>>323140184
Oh, these series collections look great. Is there a Ratched and Clank Future one? It would be great to have every one of them with one single purchase.
>>
>>323140184

>listing all of those PS2 ports even when there were PS3 specific games in those series

wew

>>323143978
No collection but they're all dirt cheap now anyway
>>
>>323140184
3 of those aren't exclusives, though.

I enjoy mine more for upscaled ports of old shit...FFX/X-2, Kingdom Hearts, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles...also Dragon's Crown and Valkyria Chronicles, but those aren't exclusive...but better than having to get a Vita or gaming PC.
>>
>>323143978
>Is there a Ratched and Clank Future one?
I wish
I own the R&C, Ico/SotC, GoW, RDR, and ZotE collections
The Tomb Raider collection was bugged so I sold that, and I would have gotten the Prince of Persia collection but I already own them on PC
The Metal Gear Legacy Collection is excellent too
Never played Jak
>>
So what we've discovered is that PS3 is good for playing old PS2 games and that's about it...what, does no one here like Yakuza?
>>
>>323144305
There's also a inFamous one, with two game discs in one box and a Festival of Blood voucher (which is already expired and useless but hey). Also, Splinter Cell has one. DOn't know is Ubisoft made a good job porting these games or not but hot damn if I wouldn't replay the glorious Chaos Theory.

And thanks for the Tomb Raider warning. I only heard about the Silent Hill collection monstrosity. Jak collection is great on PS3 and almost unplayable on Vita, btw.
>>
I do have one. Biggest buyers remorse ever.
>>
>>323144271
True, there are PS3 specific games in those series (which are great btw) but you're only confirming OP's post honestly.

>>323144289
Red Dead & Catherine aren't playstation exclusives true, but they are '7th generation' console exclusives.
>>
Ratchet and Clank and Okami HD alone are enough to justify buying a PS3
>>
>>323144845
Same. Used it to watch MGS4. Played Last of Us for like 10 hours before I got bored.

It sits around collecting dust now.
>>
I played Metal Gear Solid 4, Ni No Kuni, Catherine, Nier, Armored Core, Kingdomhearts 2.8 and 1.5 hd, Ace Combat, Bayonetta, Star Ocean 4, Journey, Uncharted, Some gundam and a lot of other titles on it
>>
Where can I download ico shadow of the collesus remaster from?
>>
>>323144452
>no one here like Yakuza
You take that back now!

Love the series, though I missed the second one and still waiting to get Yakuza 4 and 5. Finished the Dead Souls story mode just a week ago and it was good and cheesy fun. Shooting mechanics felt surprisingly satisfying. And this one sequence where the game lets you brawl as Kiryu similiar to the main series was very awesome. I like how even the spin-off titles of the Ryu g Gotoku series turn out to be good games.
>>
Yeah I got one and I still use it. Sony was still supporting it even when the 360 and Wii became obsolete four/five years ago.
>>
>>323140184
Deadspace 1

Youre welcome
>>
File: DMC_HD_PS3_PACK_FRONT1.jpg (652 KB, 1000x1144) Image search: [Google]
DMC_HD_PS3_PACK_FRONT1.jpg
652 KB, 1000x1144
>>323144452
Pretty much.

That HD though.

Worth it imo.
>>
>>323144791
>inFamous
forgot about that one, plan on getting it soon
camera and controls are shit for Tomb Raider, especially Underworld, I couldn't even play it past the first act
>>
>>323145000
>Okami HD
For the physical copy (japan) can I play this on my NA console or do I need to make a new profile?
>>
>>323145205
>missed the second one
But it's the best one.
>>
>>323145774

PS3 games are region free so it shouldn't be an issue (I've bought NA games and run them fine on my EU console), I'd be more concerned with checking the japanese version has an english option unless you can read moon
>>
>>323146565
it has English option
>>
>>323146680

You're probably safe to get it then, I've never bought a japanese PS3 game before but theoretically it shouldn't be different to NA on an EU console
>>
>>323140184
>$599
>no games
>>
>>323143842
Oh shit, I have a CFW console and didn't even know about this. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>323144967
No
>>
File: thumbsAmmo03.jpg (195 KB, 818x600) Image search: [Google]
thumbsAmmo03.jpg
195 KB, 818x600
>>323147149
Pre-owned consoles are like $150 and new Super Slims are like $200-300. It's not 2007 any more brother.

>>323147205
Debating skill 10/10
>>
>>323148820
>$150
More like 100, even 80 if console only, no cables/controller.
>>
The PS3 is definitely the worst console released by Sony. Even the PSP had better games.

Absolutely no reason to get one when the 360 was around.
>>
>>323152174
To be honest. I have one that I got for ~$100 with CFW and all I play on it is Demon's Souls and two Japanese Games.

It was worth it if you ask me but the lack of games I am interested in makes me consider selling it. If I can resell it for more than that I could technically have played the games I wanted for two years while getting paid to do so.

Provided it doesn't break down before I sell it.

But I don't want to sell it.
>>
>>323152174
>Even the PSP had better games.

Like what?

The PS3 objectively had better exclusives than the 360 unless you're a halobabby
>>
>>323145327
It's on PC too though. No real reason to get it on PS3
>>
>>323140184
i'm thinking about getting one
>>
>>323140184

Had one since 2010 and sold it a few months ago after I got a PS4 and used the money to upgrade my pc.

The ps3 and specially the 3ds are the most overhyped shit I see here. There's fucking nothing to play on them and you pretty much need to own them alone otherwise their value plummets.

Demon's and Dark Souls (since PC dark souls was fucking awful with broken online and hackers out the ass) made the console for me. I also greatly enjoyed NieR and Drakengard 3. All the other stuff I played on it were multiplats so when I bought a PC the console was rendered useless.
>>
File: 1436396896832.png (191 KB, 520x293) Image search: [Google]
1436396896832.png
191 KB, 520x293
>Want to play Demon souls
>Don't want to buy a console for 1 game

welp.
>>
>>323153145
There's a few other good games on the PS3 other than DeS though
>>
>>323153145

You already missed half the fun since the online is probably pretty dead on it.

>he'll never know the joys of being summoned by the Old Monk when you just wanted to help someone
>he'll never know the joy of bullying newfriends with scraping spear, acid cloud and baby's nail
>he'll never know the joy of killing people with a single arrow from miles away by free-aiming with your compound sticky bow in a completely broken hyper archer build, while they can't even see you due to graverobber's ring invisibility
>he'll never know the joys of enjoying the first souls game and all of its innovations

You fucked up, anon. You fucked up really good.
>>
>>323145774
The only thing you would need to change for JP is a second PSN account in order to access the JP PSN store.

Popping in a disc from another region is 100% fine regardless of your location settings or whatever.
>>
Never had a PS3. The only exclusive I'm interested in is Demon's Souls. Aside from that, I guess I could play Natural Doctrine and the atelier games since I don't plan on getting a PS4/vita either.
>>
>>323153314

"few" still doesn't justify the cost. Well maybe, I don't really know how much they cost nowadays.

>>323153345

Yep, decades from now I'll tell my grandchildren of my 1 regret, that I didn't experience DeS in it's prime..
>>
File: JapLog.png (2 MB, 1348x2244) Image search: [Google]
JapLog.png
2 MB, 1348x2244
EX Troopers was pretty nice. Longer, funnier and more varied than Lost Planet. The first chapter is a bit dull tho.

Moonreader here. What should I play next?
>>
>>323140184
No, I had a 360 - The better console unless you're a yurocuck.
>>
>>323152174
>>323153727
>360
>better console
That fail rate
Those restrictions on non-Live members
That lack of exclusives
That proprietary HDD
That lack of wireless connectivity at launch (seriously, what the fuck?)
Those battery-powered controllers
That lack of exclusives

Oh yeah
And it didn't have any fuckin' exclusives
Halo and Gears, woohoo
>>
>>323153721
As a few people has stated in the thread, you can get one for 80-100 bucks depending on where you live.
>>
>>323153914
>better multiplats
>can put the controller on a table without it activating the triggers
>can replace the battery without buying a new controller
>upgradeable wireless though lifetime
>usable online functions
>never removed features the console was sold with during its lifetime.
>all those better exclusives, did you forget about gold like Lost Oddysee, N3 and even stuff like PGR.

meanwhile on paystation:
>cost twice the price
>online system didn't work
>features are regularly removed, in both new models of the hardware (making it hard to recommend since you never knew what you'd be getting) but also software features (SACD playback, OtherOS)
>took 3 years, 3 YEARS to have a full-range RGB mode.
>credit cards were leaked yearly on PSN
>yellow light problem
>BD laser death problem (historically a sony problem, EVERY Sony console has suffered from early laser death)
>nogames
>>
>>323154686
>Lost Oddysee, N3 and even stuff like PGR
Lost Odyssey is the only name there I recognize, and even then I don't see many people talk about it.
>>
>>323155249
They don't usually discuss on Neogaf, no, it's a sore point that the best RPGs of the generation were on 360.

also
>pretending not to know about Ninety-Nine Nights.
>>
>>323155551
Oh, I've heard of Ninety-Nine Nights.

I just haven't seen the acronym N3 before.
Sorry.
Really though you probably shouldn't use acronyms until it's established what the acronym stands for
>>
My gf's bday is coming up and I want to get her a PS3 game. Problem is I don't own a console and don't know shit about its library. She loved Skyrim, TLoU and Life is Strange. What do I get her?
>>
>>323154686
>can replace the battery without buying a new controller
>never removed features the console was sold with during its lifetime.

Your only legitimate points
>>
>>323155979

Uncharted maybe if she liked TLOU, it's basically indiana jones movie games that play just like TLOU with a little more focus on traversal and puzzles
The Walking Dead S1

Maybe okami HD if you want to try something bold, it's got an open world which puts it roughly in the same territory as skyrim but is much more of a video game than a sandbox choose your own adventure
>>
>>323155979
here's some suggestions of the top of my head.
-Uncharted series (2 is a safe bet)
-Okami HD
-Journey
-Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
-Littlebigplanet 3

Look at some reviews for those games and see if she'd like them.
>>
bought it for Versus XIII
I don't regret it one bit
it may not hold a candle to the PS2 glory days but it had it's gems
worth it just for Yakuza
>>
File: N3box.jpg (32 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
N3box.jpg
32 KB, 350x500
>>323155817
>>
I never played souls game before. Are demon souls good start?
>>
Should I get the devil may cry collection? Are they good ports? I've never played a DMC before but I like hack and slash games
>>
>>323157639
Sure, if you have access to it. Otherwise it might be better to go with Dark Souls, since you can get that for like 5 bucks
>>
File: 1383607780233.jpg (103 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
1383607780233.jpg
103 KB, 384x313
>>323157371
What can I say?

Like Lost Odyssey, nobody talks about it.
Probably because nobody played it, because nobody buys JRPGs on Xbox.

>>323157507
Yeah.

>>323157639
I never played the PS2 versions but it seems like a pretty good port job. Would recommend.
>>
This looks like false flagging because of the games in OP buts its still true.

Doesn't mean much when last gen was crap though.
>>
>>323157507
I'd recommend Dark souls to start off with. It's more 'accessible' then Demons souls but you can start with either honestly.
>>
>>323157879
fuck, responded to the wrong guy. Meant for you >>323157507
>>
>>323156243
Fuck, Okami is one of my all time favorites, I completely forgot about the HD release. I also love SotC but she'd probably struggle with it.
>>
I've still got mine and play it regularly. CFW is impossible to live without.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.