[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>PC gaming What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: PC-Gaming.png (188 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
PC-Gaming.png
188 KB, 1366x768
>PC gaming

What went right?
>>
File: 36847-3328x1872.jpg (363 KB, 3328x1872) Image search: [Google]
36847-3328x1872.jpg
363 KB, 3328x1872
Everything, right from the beginning.

Feels good man.
>>
>>323105910
nothing absolutely nothing
>>
For a couple years before the whole industry became too bloated to function, it was the go-to platform for Western developers looking to make an innovative game, thanks to a control scheme with much better precision than consoles have and the ability to constantly push forward technologically. Add in modding communities that can radically alter a game experience, something that doesn't exist on consoles, and a relative ease of access that made it the single go-to platform for smaller and independent developers before phones became so widespread and still capable of producing hits in that regard, also something that the more restricted consoles lack, and you have the machine where Western developers contributed the most to the medium.

Now if PC devs could only master aesthetics other than "drab gray-brown realism" and "hipster imitation of children's storybook", consoles would really be obsolete.
>>
File: 1434580185535.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1434580185535.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Street Fighter 5

for Linux
>>
>>323106282

As soon as this man dies, you are going to start shitting your pants about what will happen to your game rentals my friend.
>>
Pc gaming is the the best thing to ever happen to me besides getting fingerblasted while Cumming on a a girls face
>>
>>323108173
Why would i? I have backups and cracks for all of them
>>
Youtube. People all over the world have been exposed to the wonders of PC gaming capabilities on there (visuals, modding etc.) and most of the successful Youtubers are mostly PC gamers.
>>
>>323108579
>Youtubers
>Anything but cancer
>>
>>323108809
Yes, but they did expose the wonders of PC gaming to millions of people who held outdated beliefs of PC gaming
>>
>>323105910
Literally nothing. Until Steam for a couple years
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.