[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth picking up? Also, Super Mystery Dungeon thread i guess.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: download (2).jpg (23 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
23 KB, 238x212
Is this worth picking up?

Also, Super Mystery Dungeon thread i guess.
>>
>>323060308
It combines a lot of elements of rogue-likes with pokemon. If you enjoy rogue-likes and pokemon then I recommend it. If you're still unsure, then pick up a rom of Explorers of Sky and give that a whirl.
>>
Story is boring and super linear.
Super slow beginning where you spend 10 hours at a school going through pseudo-tutorials which is 2/3rds of the game
The main gameplay is still mindnumbing grinding bullshit with a few new features and inprovements.
The so-called hook of ZOMG ALL 720 POKEMON is in vain when the way you recruit them is one by one via missions, and often the story gets in the way of you wanting to do said missions because it corrals you into its own OC DONUT STEEL brand of monotony.
The ending is literally a ripoff of Kirby where the big bad is something called Dark Matter which is essence of all Pokemon's negative emotiona combined and it pulls some Tree of Life into orbit which weakens the Earth's orbit and makes the Sun slowly careen towards it. But then blahblahblah power of friendship saves the day who gives a fuck.
Then you go to post game and in trying to dig through the missions that'll FINALLY offer your favorite 'Mon you realize you've wasted upwards of up to 40 hours of your fucking life playing this monotonous shit and that you fell for a truly epik maymay on neo-/v/.

The game in all honesty is a solid 7 but a group of Mystery Dungeon spazzes think ITS THE BEST GAME EVER HOLY FUCK!!111 and shill it to death.
>>
>>323061210
>Super slow beginning where you spend 10 hours at a school going through pseudo-tutorials which is 2/3rds of the game

This is the only point I agree with.
>>
>>323061429
Worse part was where they were talking about evolution and then didn't say how you evolve. I knew I wasn't going to evolve for a while but still
>>
File: 1433526070847.jpg (2 MB, 9921x7016) Image search: [Google]
1433526070847.jpg
2 MB, 9921x7016
>>323061210
This anon is actually pretty accurate. The recruiting method of the game is pretty shit and the biggest thing I'm in agreement on is the forced, extremely dull story line that's essentially a tutorial the entire game. Overall it's still fun to play but the game pushes you in one direction for far too long and the lack of freedom is a turn off. If you've played other Mystery dungeons and liked them I'd say you'll still enjoy this one. I did despite what's previously been mentioned about it.
>>
>>323061210
>>323062409
I actually loved that you did mission to recruit pokemon, and I thought the games plot was maximum comfy.
>>
>>323062409
I agree, the completely random recruiting methods of the previous games were much better.
>>
>>323062515
It's cool in the sense that it garuntees that you'll recruit the pokemon you're helping so I suppose it's not the worst idea. I think I'm just being finicky in the sense that it's not like "Oh I want this specific pokemon so I'll go there and get him" kinda thing.
>>
>>323062567
>0.1% chance of recruitment if you have an item that boosts recruitment rates and are level 100
>literally negative recruitment rates if you don't
Skyfags will defend this.
>>
>>323062925
The person you're replying to may or may not be using sarcasm. And in fairness it was mostly just legendary pokemon that had that retarded recruit rate.
>>
>>323063093
Not even. I can only list my favourite, Ampharos, which had a negative rate, but I'm sure it was not the only one. Only starters and Kecleon have a maximum of 0.1%, but negative recruitment rates were a pain in the ass regardless because friendship items did not exist until extremely late game, like, Zero Isle late game, and level 100 of course was not a thing. By level 50+ I had a 2% rate of recruiting Ampharos, which was still pretty retarded, and level 50 is still way after Darkrai.
>>
>The sendoff in chapter 10
>>
>>323060308
Best one since Sky. YES. Farm lots of items at Pelipper Island you're going to need them.
>>
File: 1439354080835.gif (673 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1439354080835.gif
673 KB, 250x188
>>323061210
>enter town on another continent after ranking up
>like 50 red dots on the map
This game needs a fast forward button outside of dungeons
>>
>>323061210
>power of friendship saves the day
Did we play the same game?
>>
>>323060308
Yes. Its one of the best games out there. Grab it and kick ass. Just make sure to use items frequently and be prepared before any mission. Even early ones.
>>323061210
>the main gameplay is grinding bullshit
The hell? Since when do you need to grind in Mystery Dungeon game? PSMD doesn't require that at all. All you need to do is know how and when to properly use items.
>not doing multiple missions at once
>spoiling the story and thinking there's anything wrong with that Kirby shit
The only thing you said that's true is that the beginning is extremely slow.
>>323062409
Well I mean its still a better recruiting method than what we had before, which was random.
>>
>>323060308
Super is good, I personally liked Blue and Sky more but Super is a huge step up from Gates. If you've played past games and liked them I recommend it, if not I'd play Blue or Sky first.
>>
>>323066782
Also I just need to add to the list of replies telling >>323061210 to git gud. If anything I have been literally unable to grind so far (I haven't finished the story yet) because when the game tells you to do a story mission you're forced to do so immediately whether you want to or not. I consider that a flaw honestly, but the game is not grindy in any sense of the word.
>>
I've only played the first mystery dungeon and loved it. Should i play any of the other ones before jumping into this one?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.