[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you tell me why this game is almost universally disliked?.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: the_order_1886-2584321.jpg (86 KB, 580x724) Image search: [Google]
the_order_1886-2584321.jpg
86 KB, 580x724
Can you tell me why this game is almost universally disliked?. I'm enjoying it, maybe because the only 3rd person shooter i've finished is Resident Evil 4 (which proves that i haven't played enough games of the genre, not that RE4 it's a bad game, don't get me wrong, i know RE4 is considered to be one of the best games ever made).

>tldr: fuck you, i liked it
>>
>>322991319
Because it's a shitty fucking game.

The fucking world building was amazing, the set pieces were great, the initial character development and backstories were perfectly placed and well done, the steampunk/castlepunk setting was fantastic, the voicework was superb, music was well done, but it was a SHIT FUCKING GAME. All of those great things amount to nothing, you don't get any real development with any of your party (not even Izzy who you are clearly in love with and she's clearly in love with you), you don't get development with your 'new' crew when the time comes, you don't get to see any of the vampires, you don't get to see anything really. It's barely more than an 'on rails' shooter.

It's wasted potential the game, it could've been fucking brilliant, the world they built and the characters they had were ready for it, but they never delivered.
>>
I literally JUST beat this game 20 minutes ago. It's not as bad as people make it seem. I'm looking forward to The Order 1887.
>>
Because the actual game part of it is an afterthought.
>>
From what I've heard it's a movie game with a terrible story. If you're a movie game you've got to have a good story, otherwise you've got nothing.
>>
I enjoyed it a lot. I understand most of the criticism against it tho.

the dudes over at ready at dawn are some wizards to get that game running so smoothly on ps4 hardware.
>>
>>322991684

But the shootings, in my not-expert opinion, are tense and fun.
>>
Because it's a fucking movie, not a video game.
>>
File: the order 1886.jpg (372 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the order 1886.jpg
372 KB, 1920x1080
It's one of those instances where the dev sot themselves in the foot long before the game came out, and then it ended up living up to what they were trying to create, for better or worse. It's basically /v/'s 2014 answer to DmC circa 2012.
>>
>>322992353

>I understand most of the criticism against it tho.

What they say?. I actually didn't read the reviews, only saw the numerical rates. Despite that, bought it because it cost me $9, and my expectations weren't high, but i got gladly surprised.
>>
>>322991319
I think it's a combination of the fact that it's so sort combined with it's extremely cinematic QTE ridden nature, which is considered antiquated and looked down upon these days. Had it come out six years earlier on PS3 people would have loved it.

Personally I quite enjoyed it. I enjoyed the story and liked a couple of the main characters. I liked the setting, and the game is a technical marvel. Easily the best in-game graphics to date. It really has to be seen to be believed.

I can totally understand why people dislike it. I don't though.
>>
The art direction and visuals are completely top notch. Everything else about it is completely abysmal. Don't market your game as a supernatural monster filled shooter when there's only three non-QTE encounters with anything that isn't just a normal guy with a gun, and they're all the exact same recycled terrible fight. This should have never been a game in the first place since the devs clearly just wanted to make a movie and added in the most generic afterthought gameplay to get it on a console.
>>
>>322991319
Its literally a movie, even the game devs said they werent trying to make a game.
>>
>>322992616
>how it will look like
I wish this slavic "Bad English" meme would stop.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.