[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is everybody on this board always trying to tell me how disappointed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 1024x665) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 1024x665
Why is everybody on this board always trying to tell me how disappointed I'm supposed to be with this thing? Between Mario Kart 8, Smash 4, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Pikmin 3, DK:TF, 3D World and Captain Toad I've sunk hundreds of hours into this console playing fantastic games that aren't available anywhere else. Even if the NX comes out next month, those games will still be there with more on the way. Off-TV play works great and you almost never have to use the pad if you don't want to. Amiibos never lock away substantial content, only offering optional frills most people won't care about missing out on.

What's the deal? What makes the PS4, a system sold on empty promises and hype, less of a meme console than the Wii U? Isn't the PS4, a product repeatedly shoved in our faces by low-interest normalfags and shills despite a severe lack of substance, sort of the definition of a bad meme?
>>
>>322925196
>Smash 4, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Pikmin 3
People will believe you more easily if you don't name those piece of shit.
>>
>>322925196
Shit thread. If you care what other people say that you should be disappointed in then you should kill yourself.
>>
I'll bite

It's a mix of ruthless shilling and primarily normies that own PS4's that are yet to have good games released (at least the 2016 line-up looks good, assuming shit doesn't get delayed).

I'm fairly sure OP is a shill but I can agree with their points I suppose, however I can't emphasise enough how disappointing this gen is as a whole, full of cash-grabbing garbage and let-downs of vidya. Which I guess is why each side is so bitter.

Still, it's funny to me when I see my brother only playing indies and cinematic games like Until Dawn, Life is Strange, and various Tell Tale games because there's virtually nothing else worth playing yet. The Xbone is arguably in an even worse position than that, given the weaker hardware and noticeable lack of titles, it's odd how the PS4 has become the new 'dudebro' console. Meanwhile the Wii U is full of kiddy shit, that I can't deny - the titles on there are not for everyone to say the least, however I've personally had more fun with the multiplayer on there than any game in recent memory.

Basically, you pick your poison this gen, I can't honestly say there's a worst they just appeal to different tastes and are all quite bad honestly.
>>
Things I've done with my Wii U in the past 6 months:

Wiped the dust off of it

I wish I was joking. Why the fuck did I buy this thing?
>>
>>322928030
thanks for the contribution!
>>
>>322925475
>Mario Maker
>bad
If you went into it expecting unending streams of high-quality content from the public, you were stupid. If you went into it expecting to make fun levels and have your friends make fun levels and then play each others levels, like I did, you would realize it's a great product.

End you're life dumbo.
>>
>>322925196
i am having lots of fun too anon, i don't give a shit about sales or the release of nx, if the games are fun i'll play them
>>
>>322928659
>if you went into this content created expecting content then you're stupid

Console wars are stupid and so are you.
>>
File: Game Over.jpg (68 KB, 638x599) Image search: [Google]
Game Over.jpg
68 KB, 638x599
>>322928030
FUCKING DELETE THIS!
>>
>>322929503
Actually I'm an idort so I have no stake in console wars.

But I honestly don't understand how someone can be surprised by the fact that children aren't going to be particularly good level designers.
>>
>>322929727
this.

I remember LBP having the same problem - almost all the levels are garbage. That said, I think LBP is a better level creator, although with a slightly clunkier UI compared to SMM's, however I prefer SMM for its platforming focus, LBP sucks for platforming but is excellent at non-platforming levels. SMM is basically the exact opposite, the only straight similarity between them is how shit levels made by children saturate them.
>>
>>322925196
>MK8
I put 60 hours into it before getting burned out. Got the DLC and put about 5 hours into that (courses were fun but I was still burned out on the game)
>Smash 4
Honestly never saw the appeal in this series, but I guess I like neither party games nor fighting games
>Splatoon
I played the demo for a couple hours and I didn't like it at all. It seemed just like a generic arena shooter with bad controls
>Mario Maker
This one surprised me, put about 30 hours into it before getting bored. Content is very hit or miss, some levels are well designed but are either way too difficult or just plain shit. Making levels didn't interest me that much. Only about 10 hours of that time was spent making levels, and I didn't get any feedback for the levels I did make so it just felt meaningless
>Pikmin 3
Beat this in 9 hours and thought it was very average, an RTS game that barely employed any actual strategy. Most of the bosses were killable by just repeatedly sending in all of your troops. It failed as an exploration game because there was very little to actually find.
>DKCTF
Probably the best platformer I've ever played, hands down. But I did everything in about 15 hours and I haven't felt the need to replay it yet
>3DW
Very mediocre as far as 3D Mario games go, didn't even feel like a real 3D Mario game, more like NSMB3D. Not bad by any means, but a lot of the levels felt sterile and uninspired. I put 20 hours into it and the only thing I didn't do was repeat every course with the 4 characters I didn't use just to get their stamp
>Captain Toad
Enjoyed this somewhat. I actually liked the mummy me forever more than anything in the actual game. 100%'d it in 9 hours

I'd like to add Bayonetta 2 and Rayman Legends to your list, even though the latter isn't an exclusive, I played it on the Wii U. So add 30 more hours.

180 hours in total on my Wii U. Not terrible but pretty weak as far as consoles go. My least favorite Nintendo console, easily
>>
>>322931095
>It seemed just like a generic arena shooter with bad controls
rest of your post seems reasonable but c'mon this statement has to be bait, care to elaborate at least?

it also sounds like Pikmin 3 was your first Pikmin game as, as far as I've heard, they're all like that (I haven't played any game in the series though as they don't sound particularly engaging)
>>
>>322931458
>rest of your post seems reasonable but c'mon this statement has to be bait, care to elaborate at least?
I'm primarily a PC player so arena shooters are nothing new to me. Sure, you could dive into the ink but really that's just a stealth mechanic which is nothing new. I don't know. I guess calling it generic isn't fair, but I certainly didn't like the controls at all and that's really my main complaint, the motion controls just weren't working for me and even the analog controls were bad somehow.. if I remember correctly, the X and Y axis were not tracking at the same speed

Pikmin3 is the only one I've played, yes. It was good enough to complete, but that's all I can say about it
>>
>>322932054
Have you thought of trying Wonderful 101? If you like games like Bayonetta and Metal Gear Revengence, you'd probably like that one too. Especially if you enjoy over the top games that jump one-ups itself.
>>
>>322932054
I completely disagree about Splatoon's controls, I think it feels great to control. I have no opinion on Pikmin as I've never played a single game in the series.

I do have a question though - do you play alone or online or local multiplayer?

As, for me at least, I find half the games you listed are extremely fun in multiplayer, especially local multiplayer. For example with Mario Maker I have fun making levels for friends, basically doing level trades with them; Sm4sh/MK8 I play both the online and local multiplayer quite often (although I've not played MK8 in some time, I wish there was a proper battle mode or some other alternate gameplay modes in there).

Also, does Xeno X interest you at all? Picked it up recently myself, sunk 30-40 hours already and still very early in the game. I hear 200 hours to complete the story is common.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.