[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ doing my college thesis on DRM and was wondering: Now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1449563350783.jpg (12 KB, 612x250) Image search: [Google]
1449563350783.jpg
12 KB, 612x250
Hey /v/ doing my college thesis on DRM and was wondering:

Now that piracy on pc has become pretty much impossible (thanks to Denuvo latest version which is uncrackable), will you start buying more games? If yes, how more likely are you to?
>>
I don't buy games with DRM. They will soon stop working and I will be left with nothing.
>>
>Now that piracy on pc has become pretty much impossible

Why do people fall for this meme so easily?

They believed it when Starforce came out, they believed it when SecuROM came out, they believed it when IronGate came out, and every single time they've been proven wrong.

Also, try looking at sales trends for Denuvo protected games that weren't EA-produced. LotF sold pretty poorly, MGSV got most of the game cracked besides the prologue, and JC3 got meh reviews/sales. The DRM isn't encouraging pirates to buy, it's turning them off to giving attention to the games.

Hell, Witcher 3 sold big without needing DRM.
>>
>>322919062
just cause 3 is uncracked
>>
>>322919327

They said the same for LotF, which got cracked months ago. It's a matter of time before it gets cracked, regardless of muh 3DM.

And like I mentioned, the game is still getting mediocre reviews and sales, showing that pirates aren't interested enough to buy the game.
>>
>>322919561
3dm said they literally will never crack another denuvo game because the new version is literally uncrackable
>>
>>322919626

Which is what loads of scenes said every time some new DRM comes out. 3DM is a single scene, and unless you're entirely ignorant of scene crackers there will always be another group looking to cut their teeth on the latest and greatest solution.
>>
>>322919879
no group ever managed to crack the shitty denuvo versions but 3dm

it's over m8
>>
fuck off with your shit repost thread
>>
>>322920003

>no group ever managed to crack the shitty denuvo versions but 3dm

CPY says hello.

Also, you forget that if Denuvo was truly going to be sought after by all the developers as the one true DRM, the price for it would become prohibitively expensive to the point that only the biggest of the big AAA publishers could afford it.
>>
>>322920003
somewhere out there are people just trying to prove you memers wrong and when they do I will cuck you and your wife's son
>>
>>322920329
cpy used 3dm's exploit
>>
File: 1427990748592.png (30 KB, 386x386) Image search: [Google]
1427990748592.png
30 KB, 386x386
i was serious when i said i wasnt gonna buy it anyway
>>
>>322919561
delete this
>>
>>322917765

I buy the games I want to play. If it's not worth buying it's not worth pirating.
>>
>>322920885
how do you know a game is good tho if you can't play it without buying first?
>>
>>322919062
People like spouting it because they know they're wrong, yet people will always respond with ire. They do it to rile people up.
Just another version of shitposting.
>>
>>322917765
Probably not.
MGSV was the only game I was hyped for and it was a dissapointment.
This isn't even a matter of being able to pirate, I stopped pirating because games are being so fucking bad that they are not even worth pirating.
>>
>>322917765
No, i'll buy a PS4 instead now that it's a matter of time before it gets a CFW.
http://wololo.net/2016/01/04/linux-on-ps4-fail0verflow-get-3d-drivers-to-work/
http://wololo.net/2016/01/06/ps4-elf-loader-and-other-tools/
>>
>>322921967
>not waiting until it's actually cracked
>>
>>322922034
That's what i'll do.
I'm getting it now because a friend of mine is selling his for $180.
I'll probably have to wait a year to find it at that price.
>>
>>322922174
you'll wait a year before it's cracked
>>
>>322921967
>PS4 CFW incoming
>can already install Linux on it
>Wii U uses the same fucking keys as the 3DS and has an exploit in the latest firmware
>3DS blown open
Man, if only they'd finally pirate the Vita, i'd be set for a good couple of years.
PC piracy might die, but holy shit console piracy has made a comeback out of nowhere.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.