[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to play Darkest Dungeon >remember torch/food system
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: 1452046440457.png (360 KB, 850x525) Image search: [Google]
1452046440457.png
360 KB, 850x525
>want to play Darkest Dungeon
>remember torch/food system
>pass

And nothing of value was lost
>>
Don't forget corpses!

Why does Darkest Dungeon play out like a f2p game?
>>
>>322913270
I hear all you need is Notepad+ to mod everything. Is this true?
>>
>>322913270
I never had problem with food or torches. Just always get extra few of both. It's less efficent but pays off.

What bothers me the most is the level up system. Suddenly your characters won't agree to go for quests that are beneth them. So you have to fucking school and min-max your characters serparatly so they hit highest possible level at the same moment. Then you can go after a boss.

Alternatively you can have them as the same team all the time leveling them simultaneously and never changing the setup...
>>
>>322913270
>want to play any open world/western rpg
>remember I have to mod out encumbrance

This mechanic was never fun, it was never more than a chore that gets in the way of you having fun - literally an errand you have to run before you can enjoy more of the game. It's time for this mechanic to stop.
>>
File: 1412769927522.jpg (108 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
1412769927522.jpg
108 KB, 497x732
>>322913270
>get DD
>it's mediocre
>5 hours in, realize that it's too dependant on grinding and RNG for my tastes
>forget about it for over a week
>some hours ago
>request refund
>get 9,99€ back after 20 minutes, even though i had played it for 5 hours as well
>other games i requested refund on, some not even installed, were denied
Oh well
>>
File: 1450469952857.jpg (20 KB, 402x225) Image search: [Google]
1450469952857.jpg
20 KB, 402x225
>>322913270
>>322914254

All the legitimate problems and you go with torch/food?

How fucking casual is neo-/v/?
>>
>>322917093
Having no encumbrance would break most item heavy games.
>>
>>322913270
I cant believe the amount of casuals on /v/, the game straight tells you that this shit can get unfair.
If you want to wander around with only your main teams and not having to worry about very simple survival mechanics just play pokemon.
>>
>>322918307
calm down sperg
>>
>>322916537
>Suddenly your characters won't agree to go for quests that are beneth them.

Did you ever transfer a high level pokemon to a new game? This is the same thing, in this game you are not god, willing yourself into the character's actions. You are an actual person having to deal with actual (fake) people, its natural for them to have arbitrary limitations, they are in it for honor and glory, and low level dungeons seem small-time to them. You don't see Donald Trump opening hot-dog carts.
>>
I've seen less grindy f2p

It's not difficult, it's just plain dumb. You're not rewarded for good or bad decisions, you're rewarded becasue you're a grinding monkey.
>>
>>322918869
>I've seen less grindy f2p

This

I'm amazed by the amount of tripping the player this game attempts every step of the way for no reason

at least f2p does it to nickel and dime you
>>
File: dmx.jpg (66 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
dmx.jpg
66 KB, 300x299
>>322918869
You are rewarded for making good decisions, making the good decision to leave a battle or the dungeon entirely rewards you with not getting killed.
>>
>>322913270
The cost of preparedness measured now in gold... later in blood.
>>
>>322916537
Have you tried sending a low level character with the others on a high leveled run? Pick a quick and easy mission Lord willing, have someone protect him so he doesn't get killed, and give him the trinket that doubles resolve exp so he can level up faster.
>>
>All these people complaining the game is too RNG.
A few months ago (before I stopped playing in order to wait for the full release), I had a full roster of some ~10 max level characters. I only had 2 deaths, and those were both level 0 characters that I could have saved but didn't bother with.

Once you have a good sense for how the battles are going, you will almost never lose. The important thing is to just retreat and reorganize if things are looking shitty, from the battle, or from the whole dungeon if necessary.
>>
>>322918869
This.
Success in the game isn't based on precise execution in tactical situations, it's based on making a one trick pony party and spamming it over and over in similar missions to grind upgrades to grind upgrades to grind upgrades.
You're fighting the bosses not to cause any real effect, but just to reach the upgraded boss to beat it to reach the upgraded boss.
It's a treadmill with no reward, like the devs just forgot to add it.
>Early Access though! The ending will come!
It'll be a shitty two minute cutscene in their pop up book art saying "you won but did you win lol now you are the monsters lmao"
>>
>>322919675
>I played before they nerfed fleeing and added heart attacks so here's my expert opinion
kek, as the children say these days
>>
The game is somewhat moddable right?
iirc there's already one mod that changes a bunch of things.

One thing that pisses me off is Virtues and Afflictions.

If you get 100 stress you either get an Affliction or a Virtue, that sounds great except for whatever reason, Afflictions remain after a quest and Virtues do not.

Literally no reason why that is except to make the game more artificially difficult.
>>
itt: the HotS 2 audience
>>
>>322919954
Wow, you must be genuinely retarded. There is absolutely no skill involved in gaining virtues, why should you be rewarded for not doing any work?
Keep crying about it being too hard, I guess.
>>
>>322919850
I only really retreated after I was ambushed or if a string of unlucky crits happened to me.

You can probably compensate for new mechanics with just bringing extra supplies.

Also, I've heard of heart attacks, but that doesn't seem like a big deal because my adventurers almost never hit max stress anyways. Just target the goblet skellies first.
>>
>>322919954
virtues are way too strong to keep, and afflictions banish when you lower stress in the bar or church anyways
>>
>>322920420
This desu, pirated months ago. Bought it in the sale. Week 35 and only know of heart attacks because I've been told about them.
>>
>>322920107
if HotS 2 means Heroes of the Storm then I love both, people just need to unironically get good
>>
>>322920420
P.S. Though I'll probably turn off heart attacks because... I mean seriously... are these guys all 80 year old men? Do they eat too much bacon so that their coronary artery is clogged up with plaque? I mean come on.

Same with corpses. It's like "wow, walk around it".

Dunno what they were thinking with these mechanics. Maybe they are important for gameplay, but they could have come up with better fluff for it. I would have accepted if the character went permanently catatonic or committed suicide. Or if the corpses sprouted cthulhu tentacles or burst into acid or some shit and actually acted as an obstacle.
>>
I bought this game during the last sale and look forward to playing it but I refuse to play early access shit so I'm waiting for the full release. that's my story, thanks for reading.
>>
>>322920420
Fleeing now gives extra stress and has reduced success compared to pre-heart attacks. If you try to flee after crit strings or ambush when you are already starting at moderate sress, you are almost guaranteed afflictions. Most of those will only add stress and waste turns.
If you fail two flees you are essentially guaranteed a party wipe. Try your approach again with all current updates and see how well it works. I guarantee you'll be less a proponent of it.
Unless you are 100% certain your party will wipe without it, fleeing is always the wrong choice now.
>>
>tfw no abomination husbando
>>
File: smugcat.jpg (27 KB, 604x438) Image search: [Google]
smugcat.jpg
27 KB, 604x438
>mfw PD/Occultist/Crusader/MAA vs the Necromancer
that's a nice backline you have there, it would be a shame if it were poisoned and then tentacle raped
>>
>>322917362
>neo-/v/
Go back to your whore mother's basement you filthy 40 year old.
>>
File: 1444780179726.png (230 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1444780179726.png
230 KB, 350x350
>>322921963

Isn't it bedtime for you already?
>>
>>322921963
>Butthurt neo-anonymous detected
>>
File: 1415384301261.gif (474 KB, 127x139) Image search: [Google]
1415384301261.gif
474 KB, 127x139
>>322921963
What's going on here? I'm trying to detect even a shred of irony or sarcasm in this post but I just can't. Are you actually taking an internet comment this seriously?
>>
How's Jester these days?
>>
>>322924415
good duo with the abomination to handle stress, also fucks bosses up with bleeds
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.