[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's installing! Any tips and tricks from people that got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: Dying_Light_cover.jpg (30 KB, 284x351) Image search: [Google]
Dying_Light_cover.jpg
30 KB, 284x351
It's installing!

Any tips and tricks from people that got into this last year?
>>
bump for knowledge
>>
>>322879072

You have to go through and fully finish the first mission before you can roam around. When you finish it, run around and try to unlock every safehouse in the map - that will make things a lot easier.

If you're in the middle of a mission and see an airdrop or random encounter on your map, forget the mission and go get the drop or do the encounter since you can pick up on the mission afterwards. Airdrops, if you get to them first, get you 7k HP which is a huge boost. Also, avoid going out at night and dicking with the volatiles until you're around level 10. Plus focus on the potions/boosters since those help a lot.
>>
>>322879072
go out and explore. dont be afraid to die. dont try and fight at night
>>
>>322879072
wait for the enhanced edition to come out before playing it
>>
Play the game you fucking faggot or get a different hobby.
>>
>>322879565

And I forgot, check your map frequently sometimes you get missions that show up on the full map but are too far away to be seen on the minimap on your HUD.

>>322879567
>dont be afraid to die

Well, there's no penalty for dying at night but you lose XP if you die during the day. If you die too much you can lose entire levels.
>>
>>322879565
I'm going to disagree with this guy and say play at night as often as you can. As long as you pretend that the streets are made of lava you get tons and tons of exp for playing the game as you would normally.
>>
Don't rush the story
That's the mistake I made when I started it
Do some sidequests first, you'll earn money and skills and new weapons & blueprints
>>
>>322879835

Can the violtiles and other zombies see/get attracted by your flashlight at night or are they just attracted to sound and direct line of sight seeing you?
>>
How do you use the propane/gas tanks you see lying around? I can pick them up but can't seem to detonate them.
>>
>>322879989
I don't remember if they react to your flashlight, just that they don't look up very often. Also they're really scary but it's not all that difficult to out run them if you're able to hop a car or climb around buildings.

>>322880109
Shuriken, don't remember if they need to be flaming or not, but bullets always work.
>>
Currently doing a no upgrades run of the game, found that the skills make the game a little too easy, the curb stomp in particular.
Great game, overshadowed by the failure of Dead Island.

Just play the game, theres no alot to learn that you wont pick up yourself.
>>
uninstall/refund once you find out that you can't disable chromatic aberattion
>>
>>322879072
Wait until February because a big update is coming out

The beginning is extremely slow and gives you a bad first impression, so just go with it knowing it gets much better
>>
>>322880109
Just hit them with literally anything
>>
>>322879989
Yes, zimbabwes are attracted by the flashlight
Not UV though, I don't think
>>
>>322880397
That new version looks neat but I'm gonna be busy with other games in February. Anyway, thanks for all the tips and shit. I'm going in.
>>
Ice shuriken should be your go to for dealing with larger foes. The hulking officers in the second zone in particular. It's incredibly strong on them. Look for expcaliber on a rock in the water and be sure to let the body burn for the blueprint
>>
Does the wing suit get good if I make all 10 stacks of it?

I made 5 and its still fucking garbage
>>
>>322880263
The game doesn't really play well without a full parkour tree though. I remember the game feeling 100x more fun once you finally unlock infinite stamina free run.
>>
>>322880857
The pizya suit is great fun. I think upgraded it can make the bridge gap In one glide.
>>
Don't worry. You'll be extremely powerful after 60% of the game.
>>
>>322880991

From ground level or from height?
Do you still take fall damage as well because as mines is now I get very little forward glide and I just die if I glide from any high thing
>>
>>322881087
I remember doing it from the bridge itself not height. Might have started the jump from that bus however, it's been a while since I played.
>>
>>322880859
Im just making the game harder for myself, I fully understand that the freerunning is gimped to fuck. I simply found the game way to easy and the most fun I got was trying to bash an enemies head while they were on the floor, being slowly surrounded by more zombies and having to run like a paraplegic on a treadmill when being chased.

Could probably just get away with not using the survival and combat skills? Most problems I had was with the combat, the movement only got more fun as the game progressed.
>>
>>322881182

Well it does sound like a considerable boost when maxed.

I just need to grind loads of duct tape and stuff
>>
>>322881332
It's really just for dicking around. I don't remember it ever actually being useful so don't stress over upgrading it. I remember the alcohol was a pain for me to get.
>>
Oh also. Guy who just got the game, make sure to play the checkers game on top of the main building! Every elevator ride moves it's stage. Just be sure to keep Interacting for a prize
>>
>>322880991
whoa, it can be upgraded? i thought it sucked
>>
>>322882196

Drains your resources though
>>
>>322880336
If it's the PC version you totally can through modding.
>>
Play and get good at the Night Hunter mode. Just playing the gamemode and racking wins nets you gold weapons extremely easily. Gold weapons are the best tier in the game.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.