[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nostalgia Googles ranking: MGS1 MGS3 MGS2 (where is snak? ;_;)7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: 432143214324123.jpg (85 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
432143214324123.jpg
85 KB, 1024x768
Nostalgia Googles ranking:

MGS1
MGS3
MGS2 (where is snak? ;_;)7
MGS4
MGSPW
MGSV

Actual ranking:

MGS3
MGS2
MGS1
MGS4
MGSV
MGSPW (I still loved it)

What about you guys?

Didn't put the original MG's because I never played them back then except the inferior NES versions
>>
File: Metal Gear.png (2 MB, 2998x768) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear.png
2 MB, 2998x768
MGS 3 > MGS V > MGS 1 > Portable Ops > MG2 > MG1 > Peace Walker >>> Power Gap >>> MGS 2 >>> Humongous Power Gap > Gone Home > The Holocaust > MGS 4

Easiest way of telling a MGS fan is a colossal faggot: When they actually thought MGS 4's complete shitfest was good in any way, shape or form.
>>
>>322733690
Easiest way of telling a MGS fan is a colossal faggot: When they actually thought MGS 4's complete shitfest was good in any way, shape or form.

Not as much of a shitfest as V in my book. The game was given preterm birth for fuck's sake.
>>
>>322733856
>Not as much of a shitfest as V in my book
Your book must be turned upside down, friend. Either that or you're retarded.

MGS 4 had some good boss fights and one act and a half of good gameplay. Two to three hours of good gameplay at best. The rest of the game was either terrible boring gameplay, codec calls or cutscenes.

Not only is MGS 4 the game with by far the worst story in the Metal Gear series, serving as pure fanservice wank that is barely any style and absolutely no substance, it's also the game that decided to force said story down your throat the most.

Thinking MGS 4 is any good, let alone better than any MG game other than Snake's Revenge, should be considered a war crime and a bannable offense.
>>
>>322733690
>the easiest way to tell someone is a faggot is if they disagree with me
>>
>>322734178
It's one thing to disagree with a few games being good or bad, MGS 1, MGS 2, MGS 3, MGS V, all fair game.

MGS 4 is not up for debate, if you legitimately think that game is A) Good and B) Better than any other MGS game (and MG game, for that matter), you're retarded.
>>
File: 5423535325.png (306 KB, 593x540) Image search: [Google]
5423535325.png
306 KB, 593x540
>>322734153
Seriously I agree that 4 is seriously retarded, but you can't finish V and think it's better than 4? Seriously?

But although I think 4 is really weak in comparison to the originals, still it has it's own highlights. MGSV does not have many of those.

And claiming you have the last word on who's a true fan and who isn't is clearly autistic. Stop it now for your own sake.
>>
MG<MG2<MGS<MGS2<MGSPW<MG3<MGS4
I haven't played V yet
>>
>>322734561
I finished V and it's miles better than MGS 4. That's not even a compliment to V. Peace Walker is better than MGS 4. MGS 2 is better than MGS 4. 4 is a failure to the entire franchise. It has two or three hours of gameplay and 16 to 30 hours of absolute bullshit. It has a god awful story that refuses to quiet down. It's a movie. A BAD movie.

In what fucking circumstances is 4 better than V in any fucking capacity? V actually has gameplay in it, V's story, despite being awful, is miles ahead of 4, and even if you dislike V's story, you can very easily skip it and ignore it, unlike 4, where you'd be skipping the entire game (can't skip shit like the microwave hall or the whistling bullshit)

How much of a retarded hipster do you have to be to not look back at MGS 4 and see the atrocity it is? How much of a fucking retarded hipster do you have to be to actually write down implications that 4 is better than V? I don't care if you were disappointed by V, be fucking honest to yourself. V is a good game, 4 isn't a game to begin with. It's, again, a movie. A BAD movie.
>>
>>322734826
>PW before 3

play both again
>>
File: 413242143214.jpg (51 KB, 620x663) Image search: [Google]
413242143214.jpg
51 KB, 620x663
>>322734858
>V's story

what story? the cut mission? Half of the game being rushed? Half of the game being the previous half on hard mode ??

B R A V O
R
A
V
O
>>
>>322735042
Better than it being a fucking movie with barely no gameplay, you fucking retard.
>>
>>322735237
>you fucking retard

ran out of arguments, I see.
>>
>>322735318
I made three paragraphs on why MGS 4 is a piece of shit. You picked on two words from those paragraphs and cried about V's non existent story. My arguments are in the post you answered. Just because you ignored them doesn't mean they're null and void.
>>
File: XtHP4dp.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
XtHP4dp.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>322733690

Hahaha wauv, that is the most awful ranking I've ever seen.
>IF YOU DON't AGREE WITH ME YOU AREN'T A REAAAAL FAN.
>MGSV better than MGS1

Yeah anon, you really fooled me there with your objectively true facts.
>>
>>322735414
>inb4 movie game
>>
File: troll.png (119 KB, 288x299) Image search: [Google]
troll.png
119 KB, 288x299
>>322734498
>if you disagree with me, you're retarded
>>
Beep beep, hot opinions coming through.
MGS2 > MGS3 > MGS > PW > V > 4
I loved V, but PW is just a more complete package overall. Fuck, it had two strong endings while V had none.
>>
>>322734153
>disagreeing with me is a bannable offense
>>
on the internet people are around 22 years old. which means mgs3 was their first mgs. this explains why it's so praised
>>
>>322736643
It's still a strong entry in the series.
>>
>>322733338
I replayed through the lot of them last year, whatever nostalgia I may have had when I played each of them on release, they still coincide with my refreshed thoughts on them.

Story:
1 > Shit > Everything else

Actually conveying the story holy shit shut up and get to the point:
Shit > Everything

Overall Gameplay:
V > 4 > PW > 3 > 1 > 2

Gameplay regarding fucking around with silly shit:
3 > V > 4 > 2 > PW > 1

Bosses the first time you fought them:
3 > 1 > 4 > 2 > PW > V

Bosses after you know what they can do, how to beat them and ways to fuck with them:
3 > 4 > 2 > PW, 1, V

Overall best:
Ghost Babel
>>
File: BabelSnakePP.png (5 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
BabelSnakePP.png
5 KB, 192x192
MGS3 > MGS > MGS2 > MGSV > MGS4 > MGS PW
>>
Mgsv > mgs2 > mgs3
My humble opinion
>>
MGS 1 and 2 > MGS 5 Phantom Pain > MGS 3 > Dog shit > MGS 4 > MGS 5 Ground Zeroes

I'm not rating the other shitty spinoff games because they all suck (except VR Missions on PS1, which was awesome).
>>
MGS1, MGS2 and MGS4. For those who want to complete the "Solid" series and grew up with it.

MGS3, PW and V are for secondaries. Learn who Big Boss is and look back.
>>
>>322740849
>Overall Gameplay
>MGS1 over MGS2
Wait what? Mgs1's gameplay was terrible due to not being able to see shit and i play all the games on extreme.
>>
>>322733690
Yeah right. Mg and mg2 suck ass holes, mgs2 is a fun game with a white story, all the portable games blow, 4 is fine but too short on terms of actual gameplay, and mgsv shouldn't even exist
>>
MGS1>MGS2>MGS4>MGS:PW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MGS3

I really wish this Snake Eater is the best MGS meme would just die.
>>
>>322736643
Fucking this. Real MGS fans know MGS1 or 2 is the best, MGS3 just fucked the whole formula up with that shit jungle setting and making BB a beta faggot.
>>
>>322733690
>Portable Ops better than any other Metal Gear besides the 2D ones

easiest way to spot a colossal faggot
>>
>>322736481
This is objectively the most accurate list.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.