[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so after literally not being able to play games that he paid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: rockband4.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rockband4.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
so after literally not being able to play games that he paid for when sony's servers took a shit, my roomate decided to play some rock band 3, and it made me realize how much of a fucking piece of garbage 4 is
on 4, there is over 100ms delay on video and audio, but on 3 there's only like 20 something ms. how the fuck does that even make sense? how the fuck can there be 5 times more delay on the same fucking tv? not to mention a fucking laundry list of other shit that sucks about it compared to 3

on-disc setlist is the worst in the series easily
no keys
no training mode
laughable customization options but hey we got a vault dweller outfit to cash in on normalfags
literal top 40 pop radio shit for dlc last 2 weeks
STILL, fucking 3 MONTHS LATER, haven't ported all of the old tracks from other games
drums have even more delay than everything else for some reason making them completely unplayable on pretty much any tv
note highway fucking shakes around and shit when you activate star power, don't know what that's about
game will randomly chug while starting a song, don't even know how that is even possible

just off the top of my head, there's probably other shit I'm forgetting
I didn't pay a cent for this because my roomate spends money like a dope fiend and anything that catches his interest so I got lucky, but I feel legitimately sorry for anyone that got scammed on this shit
>>
oh also for drums, they really dropped the ball on the star power activation mechanic, because you'll get songs that have like a weird shuffle beat or other off-time rythym, and the then the star power thing will come in and be completely different timing and fuck you over

oh man and how could I forget the "freestyle solo" crap? not even going to waste my time bitching about it, it speaks for itself
>>
While I think the setlist is better than 3's, I agree with everything else.

You can pin the slow DLC transfer to the wacky process of bringing over a shit ton of songs by a now small studio. They said by the end of this month it'll all be worked out.

They also said there's going to be a major patch this month, as well. I'd hold reservations until then, but so fa it's been a shit show.

I've had it for over 2 weeks and I'm still fine tuning the calibration. And that highway shaking happens to me too, only instead it's whenever I enter a solo.
>>
It'll be better late game once you can export all previous game disc setlists.

Keyfags and proguitarfags getting btfo is really shitty though.
>>
>>322689139
Is the guitar as hard as Guitar Hero Live? That shit was fun until I realized you don't own any songs.
>>
They probably tried to play on everyone's nostalgia too early one when they weren't ready. Harmonix has been down in the dumps for too long and they got desperate. I don't think they have most of they're senior/veteran key developers working for them.

They dropped the ball and released Guitar Hero Live along with it to make it seem like there was some sort of competition, but in the end it's the same company so nobody really loses. They made money and that's all that matters, plus I don't think our generation or the one that was growing up with it is the demographic anymore. Whilst playing on our nostalgia, the setlist is obviously geared towards younger people.
>>
>>322690971
the dlc is literally justin beiber
it's a fucking joke
>>
>>322690971
I just bought GH Live and I've been having way more fun with it than RB4.

I didn't have high expectations for either but GHL surprised me whereas RB4 just let me down. At least GHL was a finished product, not some pseudo-early access shit
>>
this genre has had a troubling life
>>
>>322689543
You can turn both those off in options, but yeah, the time and resources spent on those two features couldve been used somewhere else.
>>
>>322691586
oh shit, you can turn off those drum fills? fuck how did I not know that? I mean yeah I knew you could turn off freestyle solos but yeah like you said they spent time coding those abortions when they could have spent it doing literally anything else
>>
>>322691382
harmonix pls go
>>
>>322691793
To be more specific, you can make the fills into RB1,2 style fills, or RB Beatles fills.
>>
>>322692057
Thank god for this otherwise you'll only be doing the new fills for the trophy/achievement you get for doing a couple.
I'm not a harmonix shill but I like the game for what it is. But I'm so sick off seeing the same 4 or 5 venues where your band plays and the same fucking vocalist animations because I noticed for some reason most of the time it's focused on the vocalist which bothers me. I really hate how you can't fully customize your band via logos, more band clothing options, etc. Looks like the free updates are adding more clothes but the main problem is that it looks like we'll have to wait a year before we can see if Rock Band 4 holds up as a true successor to RB3. Other than that it's still a great party game since I play with friends all the time and like getting high scores.
>>
>>322692748
>But I'm so sick off seeing the same 4 or 5 venues where your band plays and the same fucking vocalist animations because I noticed for some reason most of the time it's focused on the vocalist which bothers me. I really hate how you can't fully customize your band via logos, more band clothing options, etc.

I've only played this shit at a friends house but I'm curious since I have time to blow.

What is the must play of this genre spawned from GH?

Is there a game that does offer what you were talking about?
>>
>>322691382
Dude guitar hero live is where it's at.
Honestly the on disc tracks kinda suck but I'm seriously digging guitar hero tv.

Party Game of the year.
>>
>>322693352
RB2 best RB game, GH5 best GH game even though the setlist is all over the place
>>
>>322693352
People tend to say Rock Band 2 or 3 is their favorite, these offer what I'm taking about. Hell, you can't even put 3d glasses on your characters and IIRC every other Rock Band game you can. And I just want to say The Beatles Rock Band is the greatest rhythm game of all time and was basically the reason why Rock Band began.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.