[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deadly Premonition is the best game ever. Deadly Premonition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: raincoatkiller.jpg (232 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
raincoatkiller.jpg
232 KB, 1600x900
Deadly Premonition is the best game ever. Deadly Premonition thread? No deerposting
>>
Been thinking about revisiting this to get the plat
>>
I need to get back to this game because the plot is keeping interested, but the gameplay is such dogshit bad.
>>
File: 1367441022707.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1367441022707.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>play on PC
>get through game without too many problems beyond a handful of crashes
>"lol this isn't so bad what's everyone talking about?"
>final boss
>that final part where you have to aim down
Apparently this isn't an issue on the xbox version, so what's the deal? Is there some secret to making this work or is it just fucked? I've seen the thing about running in windows 98 compatibility but that doesn't work.
>>
>>322660923
plug in a controller
>>
>>322660331
when i first played it i thought it was a remastered ps2 game cause the graphics and gameplay are so (seemingly) dated
>>
>>322661006
I don't own one ;_;
>>
>>322659559
Why does a game with such awful graphics and sound have better characters and storylines than huge budget AAA shit?
>>
>>322661179
how on earth do you not own a controller? are you russian or something?
>>
>>322661230
Because it has soul.
>>
>>322661230
Swerys a madman.
>>
>>322660331
it has combat and driving on par with PS2 games, it was a game made 1 generation too late.
at least it works and the game is never that hard.
>>322659559
one if not THE best game of last generation.
Bought Twin peaks on blu ray last month and binge watched it, wish it was more crazy like deadly premonition was. Also 2nd half was pretty shit.
>>322661230
first it's japanese
2nd it's almost like an indie game so they are willing to take a risk, and Swery is a pretty good game developer and i hope he makes a good game soon.
>>
>>322661245
the only controllers I have are playstation ones, which obviously won't work. The only PC controllers I own are specialized, like joysticks.
>>
Will it ever get a sequel? Should there be one in the first place?
>>
Watched two or three different people play through DP. Bought it, got it patched up (PC port), and played a pinch of it. Still need to finish it.

I'm feeling an urge to go back after finishing season one of Twin Peaks.
>>
>>322660331
Just get Quint's wrench and the infinite magnum and combat will become so fast that you won't even notice it.

As for driving, learn to take sharp turns by tapping the break once and it will go way more smooth too.
>>
>>322661837
prequel.
a sequel wouldn't really work with the ending and stuff.
>>
>>322660923
I did managed that part despite not being able to aim down.

I equipped the smg, aimed up, started shooting and then used the "target enemy" thing.
While moving the aim to the target circle, one bullet grazed the doll and that ended the fight.

It's retarded but it works.
>>
>>322661837
No. And no.
>>
>>322659559
Why the fuck was this great game ported so badly to the PC?

Somebody has to pass law making this these bad game ports illegal.
>>
>buy gaem
>it crashes
>use fix
>still crashes

I cant even fucking play it, fuck this game.
>>
>>322663548
Because it's a port of the PS3 version which is in itself a terrible port. Access farmed it out to fucking Vietnam of all countries to save on porting costs.
>>
>>322659559
Ive dealt with bad ports but no matter what I do I cant get the game to run after first cutscene

One random forum said it was because the game requires windows media player as default rather than MPC-HC

Im not going to remove FFDSHOW, Avi Synth, MadVR, SVP, SVP Tube and MPC-HC just for the cutscenes to not CTD the game. Fuck that.
>>
I love DP but I constantly came up on game breaking bugs each time I tried to go through it. Game was unplayable.
>>
>>322661230
It doesn't. What seriously makes you believe this?
>>
DON'T WANT TO DIIIIIE
>>
>>322663741

It really depress me how badly ported this gem was to the PC. Hopefully we get HD remaster in the future.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.