[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legit question, wtf is wrong with this game? I bought it 4h ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: darksouls1.jpg (400 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
darksouls1.jpg
400 KB, 1280x720
Legit question, wtf is wrong with this game?
I bought it 4h ago because it was on sale, and all I have to say is: what the fuck?

How the fuck am I supposed to kill a giant butterfly that one shots me if I'm with a sword and he's flying out of reach?

Why do I get one shot by pretty much everyone?

Why are the hitboxes so fucking bad?

Why can't I use the only weapon I find?

Is every boss as easy as the Taurus demon? Do I really have to just spam the roll and I can't get hit if I stay in his legs? Is this the so glorious dark souls combat?

Why the fuck can't I sprint for more than 2 seconds even after removing my gear, and why the fuck do I lose all my stamina after only 3 hits?

Why can I open certain hidden doors that lead to a knight that one shots me but takes only 12 damage with a backstab?

Please tell me it gets better.
>>
dont go through the graveyard dummy doot doot
>>
1. Git gud
2. Level your vitality
3. Stop blaming the game because you try optional things and get wrecked
4. Taurus Demon is only easy because he's practically the second tutorial boss
>>
>>322479217
>How the fuck am I supposed to kill a giant butterfly that one shots me if I'm with a sword and he's flying out of reach?
You're probably too low a level for that area if you just started the game. You dodge or block his shots and then he comes down so you can attack him.

>Why do I get one shot by pretty much everyone?
You don't, because that doesn't happen even at base vitality, but if you feel like you're taking too much damage then your vitality is too low.

>Why are the hitboxes so fucking bad?
They aren't, with a few exceptions.

>Why can't I use the only weapon I find?
If you've only found one weapon then you're blind. Weapons have simple stat requirements.

>Is every boss as easy as the Taurus demon? Do I really have to just spam the roll and I can't get hit if I stay in his legs? Is this the so glorious dark souls combat?
No, but a lot of them are. It's simple pattern recognition and dodging while managing stamina.

>Why the fuck can't I sprint for more than 2 seconds even after removing my gear, and why the fuck do I lose all my stamina after only 3 hits?
Because your endurance is low.

>Why can I open certain hidden doors that lead to a knight that one shots me but takes only 12 damage with a backstab?
Because it's a tough enemy that drops a great ring.

>Please tell me it gets better.
No, you do.
>>
git gud
>>
Dark Souls has an extremely steep learning curve, and you just started the game, so your character's build won't be fleshed out, you don't have access to much gear yet and you're still learning the mechanics. I felt the same way for the first 8 hours or so until it finally clicked. By the time I got to the endgame I was beating bosses on the first attempt.

Btw, for Moonlight Butterfly specifically, dodge his light beams until he gets close to the bridge, then start whacking him. If you are getting one shotted by his beams and getting frustrated, you can always come back to him later. Go a different route if you can't take him out yet. Dark Souls is pretty open in design and you have plenty of other places you can go.
>>
File: capra.jpg (87 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
capra.jpg
87 KB, 600x338
>>322479217
Good luck m8
>>
I swear to god this year has the worst surge of newfags. How can anyone in 2015 still not know the basics of dark souls? It's like back in 2013 when it first came out on steam. I am legitimately amazed.
>>
>>322479771
Came out on Steam in 2012.

But some people didn't play it right away , get over it.
>>
File: 1444758253006.jpg (85 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
1444758253006.jpg
85 KB, 500x290
>>322479661
yea you're gonna have a bad time with this fella
>>
>>322479771

It took me 3 attempts to play Dark Souls to actually comprehend what I was doing. The Souls games are like literary novels: they may take work to fully comprehend but once you do, they're more rewarding.
>>
>>322479217
first of all, let's get this out of the way

>GIT FUCKING GUD

Grind a bit and level up your vit, you obviously lack the mechanics to progress at your current level

Moonlight Butterfly is easy, just fucking dodge

Stone giants are one shotting you? what the fuck class did you pick?

"muh only weapon" since you're already in the forest i'd assume you have access to the 2 merchants so far, buy their weapons and try them out, one of the best aspects of this game is how versatile the weapons and and how hard is to permafuck your character, just don't put any points on resistance, that shit is useless
>>
>>322479217
>Why do I get one shot by pretty much everyone?
You don't.
>>
>>322479217
You're going to get nothing but praise and fanboys downplaying the game's failings.

>Is every boss as easy as the Taurus demon? Do I really have to just spam the roll and I can't get hit if I stay in his legs? Is this the so glorious dark souls combat?
Yes. Learn attack pattern, spam roll, win.

>Why the fuck can't I sprint for more than 2 seconds even after removing my gear, and why the fuck do I lose all my stamina after only 3 hits?
Stamina is an increasable stat

>Please tell me it gets better.
If you didn't like it until now, you're not going to enjoy it more later.

Also GIT GUUUD GAME IS PERFECT JUST GIT GUD
>>
>>322480450

>learn pattern, spam roll, win

Or git gud and actually fight the boss? i have over 700 hours in dark souls and i haven't memorized any boss patterns.

also, isn't that every boss in every Arpg game?

>>322479217
>is every boss like this?

No, Capra demon will rend your ass if you stay too close, Same with O&S, different bosses have different strategies
>>
>>322480712
>No, Capra demon will rend your ass if you stay too close, Same with O&S, different bosses have different strategies

Patently false. Easiest way for a newb to beat Capra is roll like hell and keep on climbing the stairs. O & S i LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE but rolling like a motherfucker, getting a hit in and then rolling rolling rolling.
>>
>>322481109
if you spam roll you're going to run out of stamina

the "running to the stairs asap" meme has to stop, if one of the dogs decides to block you in, you'll get fucking wrecked

just kill one of the dogs asap, preferably the one in the left, Dodge capra once, kill the other dog, duel capra keeping your distance and getting in to hit once or twice.

you did just one playtrought right?
>>
File: 1344839184019.png (65 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1344839184019.png
65 KB, 245x200
>>322479217
>>
>>322481297
>if you spam roll you're going to run out of stamina
woooooow

>the "running to the stairs asap" meme has to stop, if one of the dogs decides to block you in, you'll get fucking wrecked

You don't run anywhere asap. You get your ass through the door, ROLL ROLL ROLL, kill dag, ROLL ROLL ROLL, kill dag, RUN RUN RUN, JUMP, GET HIT IN, RUN RUN RUN, JUMP GET HIT IN etc.
>>
If you aren't hollowed, there's a summon sign behind a bush under the stairs leading up to the butterfly boss, she'll basically do all the work for you, since that boss is a bitch to kill if you aren't using magic, also, when you get to blighttown and you encounter a black phantom, don't run away from it, kill it, because it will become a summon right before the Chaos Witch boss
>>
>>322479217
dark souls isn't a flawless game by any stretch

having said that, you sound dumb as fuck from your stupid whining
>>
>>322479217
>How the fuck am I supposed to kill
>Why do I get one shot by pretty much everyone
>Why can't I use the only weapon I find
>Why the fuck can't I sprint
>a knight that one shots me but takes only 12 damage with a backstab

>Is every boss as easy
>>
>>322481575
3 rolls and a swing is your entire stamina bar senpai, at that level you're unlikely to kill a dag in one swing, then what? get stunlocked and assraped

do you even play this game?
>>
>>322481575
do you like dags?
>>
>>322481589
>since that boss is a bitch to kill if you aren't using magic
It's alright, you dodge his attack and after a while he comes down to rest, which allows you to bring on the pain.
>>
>>322482047
yeah, but he literally goes down in 5 hits before he even attacks if you're using great heavy soul arrows
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.