[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Idort handheld thread Non-idorts need not apply What are you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 512x288
Idort handheld thread

Non-idorts need not apply

What are you playan?
What did you enjoy in 2015?
What are you looking forward to in 2016?

Currently playing Bravely Default. I played the fuck out of Steins;Gate and Disgaea 4; I definately played my Vita more then my 3DS in 2015, but Monster Hunter 4 got a bunch of playtime.

Fucking can't fucking wait for Dragon Quest VII and VIII this year

>DQVII release date is Q3 2016
Fucking kill me now
>>
File: 2016-01-01-201707.jpg (759 KB, 960x3808) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01-201707.jpg
759 KB, 960x3808
I love my vita!
>>
>>322447063
>What are you playan?
Moe Chronicle on the Vita, fun as fuck.

>What did you enjoy in 2015?
3DS: EOU2, EMD, MH4U, Pokemon OR/AS (though it was pretty mediocre compared to X/Y, imo)

Vita: SOA:HF, Atelier Arland Trilogy, and P4G (got my Vita last year, slowly building a library).

>What are you looking forward to in 2016?
Got Steins;Gate ordered, won't be here til the end of the month for whatever reason, want to get DT2 and ToCS on the Vita. Got FE:Fates LE pre-ordered for my 3DS, will defiantly be picking up DQVII and DQVIII, Bravely Second, and whatever other late releases the 3DS will get.
>>
I've been on my Vita recently because I just bought it on Black Friday. Right now I'm playing Toukiden: Kiwami.

I had hoped that maybe Toukiden would get better later in the story as it got harder but I just beat the story boss pretty effortlessly at the 25 hour mark, and that was with being autistic about weapon upgrades and quests. I was told not to expect MH but I can't help but be a little disappointed anyway. Sometimes I had wondered if little design decisions like no lock-on, no health bars, and no healing with weapons unsheathed were truly necessary in MH but now I know what happens without them.
>>
>>322449446
I highly suggest picking up superbeat xonic for the vita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctx0pLuA22M
>>
File: besties.jpg (322 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
besties.jpg
322 KB, 1000x1000
>>322447063
>Playan
Stella Glow and Soul Hackers on 3DS. Dragon's Crown and Muramasa on Vita, since Leifthrasir and 13 Sentinel have gotten me on a Vanillaware binge.

>2015
Unlike last year, it was more 3DS time than Vita, for me. Highlights were MH4U, EO2U, and surprisingly DT2 and DeSu 2 RB.

>2016
>SMTIV Final
>Demon Gaze II
>DT2-2
>Hero Must Die
>Fates, kinda
>Motherfucking DQ games
>EOV
>>
>>322447063
>Idort threads always have everyone saying that they prefer the Vita, or think it's on par with the 3DS.

Always a comfy feelings.
>Playan:
I actually just started P4G, so I've been playing that on my Vita and Bastion. On my 3DS, occasionally Smash and Triforce Heroes with some friends.

>Enjoyan:
Monster Hunter Definitely got a lot of playtime as well as Pokemon ORAS and Smash. Triforce Heroes was also pretty fun. On the Vita side, I think I bought Re;birth 2 and did a run of that, got the SSD plat for the hell of it.

>Lookan forward to:
Final Fantasy Explorers looks pretty legit, but it's looking like a hella great year for the Vita. We're getting both God Eaters and Digimon Cyber Sleuth. Pretty fucking psyched for those.

>>322449446
You got the worst MonHun "clone" game out there. I'd recommend getting SSD(Digital only) and FW($15 physical). You can also wait until God Eater comes out, since that once is gonna be pretty great.
>>
>>322448479
>cute girl faces folder

vita owners, everybody
>>
File: 1440061399457.jpg (7 KB, 213x250) Image search: [Google]
1440061399457.jpg
7 KB, 213x250
>>322450903
What else would I name it if there's DRPGs, JRPGs, SRPGs, Rhythm games, Platformers and Action adventure games in it?
>>
>>322447063

What are you playan?
3DS: MH4U, Pokemon SMD,
What did you enjoy in 2015?
The first 3 above, LBX/Danball Senki, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Kid Icarus : Uprising, (You can tell I'm a semi-pirate, bought some of what I listed though)
What are you looking forward to in 2016?
No idea really. Maybe FE: Fates but I didn't like Awakening that much
No new announcements on 3DS front
>>
>>322450783
How long did it take for Freedom Wars to click for you? Was it pretty smooth or did it take a while? I tried it for a few hours with the PS+ free trial and wasn't feeling it. But MH also took multiple attempts to get into and now I've got nearly a thousand hours in the series.
>>
>>322450783
FW is easily the worst MonHun clone out there. Toukoden is about on par with SS but neither are all that great compared with Monster Hunter.

Eager to try God Eater, though. Hopefully the PC port is good.

>>322451046
This is an idort thread, you don't belong here.
>>
>>322451271
Who said I don't own a 3DS?
>>
I think I can get used to this "free to play, but you can get tons of shit for free if you are patient" thing.

Why the fuck am i so addicted to nintendo badge arcade every day?
>>
>>322451331
>>322451271
I quoted the wrong person. Meant to quote this guy >>322450903
>>
>>322447063
>What are you playan?
Stella Glow and Class of Heroes.
>What did you enjoy in 2015?
Dungeon Travelers 2 was the biggest surprise. Also Legend of the Dark Witch 2, though that came out pretty late.
>What are you looking forward to in 2016?
SMT IV Final and Etrian Odyssey V ;_;
>>
File: blew it.png (28 KB, 720x476) Image search: [Google]
blew it.png
28 KB, 720x476
>want little battlers exp on 3DS but can't find it cheap anywhere
>want to play Crisis Core on the vita but it's not on PSN anymore because they can't get the rights or something
>want triforce heroes but don't have 2 other friends to play with and the vote system means replaying stuff when playing with randoms

It's not my fault my handhelds are collecting dust, I swear!
>>
3DS: Playing yoaki occasionally, mainly playing DQ V and 999 on DS
Vita : Working through steins;gate, tales of heart r and DG 2

Eagerly awaiting exists archive, god eater 1 and 2 and DQ builders
>>
>>322451243
>>322451271
FW isnt a hunting game, it has similar elements but its way more of a 3rd person action game with loot.
Im only Grade 5 or 6 but its decently fun or at least was for me until i hit this wall of bullshit of 8+ enemies constantly on screen with endlessly respawning joined by multiple abductors.

Customization in FW is fucking great though
>>
>>322452020
How are you enjoying Hearts R? What's your party?
I enjoyed it for sure but couldn't help but think it was missing something. I didn't get attached to the game as a whole as much as the other Tales.
>>
>>322451243
I don't if it ever clicked, I remembered playing through the main story and then having a blast playing co-op with Vitagen. Making Rank8 LB weapons was a little tedious, but farming for their mats and getting the right modules was actually kind of fun. It's definitely a game worth playing with friends. The story is pretty fucking bad though.

>>322451271
It's worth buying for $15 in my opinion. Especially if you want some co-op fun and waifu-ing. Also, Toukiden is nowhere near on par with SSD. From monster designs, to atmosphere and story, SSD blows Toukiden out of the water on all aspects.
>>
>>322452218
I'm basically around 2ish hours in. This is my first tales game though, something about it just hits all the right spots with story, character development and gameplay. I'd probably enjoy other tales game if this is the case right?
>>
>>322452202
>Im only Grade 5 or 6 but its decently fun or at least was for me until i hit this wall of bullshit of 8+ enemies constantly on screen with endlessly respawning joined by multiple abductors.

I'm down to help you anon, I'm always up for some kouken.
>>
>playan

Duke Nukem 3D on Vita, Gunvolt on 3Ds

>looking foward

FF Explorers looks awesome, as well as Bravely Second, thoigh I'm waiting for some surprises on E3, for my Vita I don't know, I still have a bunch of already released games I want to go through but I guess FF World is my mots expected game.
>>
>>322452386
Probably. The gameplay in Hearts R is its strong point, so going to and older game like Symphonia afterwards might feel clunky. But if you enjoy the concept of constant character interaction look into the others for sure.

You may have noticed some translation roadbumps though, even if you know zero Japanese words. Like changing the protagonist's name in the localization but having no English dub, so the audio says Shing but the text says Kor.
>>
>>322452948
Ah nice thanks for the information man. I will check out other tales games in that case. Also yeah I noticed a few hiccups, I'll take it though, the only kind of localization/translation thats hard to accept is when they add meme's and stuff. That's the worst :(
>>
>>322453118
Aside from the name change, the most jarring thing was probably some animals using emoticons. I had to double-take and talk to the bird again.
>>
>>322453278
Why do you hate german birds?
>>
>>322451242
>MH4U
My nigga
>>
File: new.jpg (98 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
new.jpg
98 KB, 1000x1000
Smash fucking ruined my old 3DS XL, as it broke my Circle Pad, so I ended up buying myself a New 3DS XL today since I couldn't be bothered using the sharp plastic nub that was left of it.

Got to say, I'm really enjoying the faster speeds and added C-stick. Too bad the screens are still shit.

Anyway;
Vita: Soul Sacrifice Delta, The Binding of Isaac, and Freedom Wars

3DS: There hasn't been really anything new or interesting, but I have been playing Smash casually and I've started up Fire Emblem Awakening again.

Waiting for:
Fire Emblem Fates, mainly. I loved Awakening and I'm hyped as fuck for it. Looks so good.

That and Bravely Second, though we'll see when they actually fucking announce a release date.
>>
>>322453118
Oh, and I haven't played it yet so I don't know just how deep the wound, but I do know that Zestiria's localization features western memes like doge references. So maybe avoid that one if you're looking for another Tales of after Hearts R.
>>
File: WP_20151209_00_38_20_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151209_00_38_20_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
Is this because of a bad download or corrupted file? I've already redownloaded it but I haven't tried again. 30 seconds on google seems inconclusive but the new file I downloaded is a different size so I think I may have just gotten a bad copy.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.