[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait, why do we hate this game again? It's actually alright
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Assassins-Creed-Unity.jpg (260 KB, 1108x682) Image search: [Google]
Assassins-Creed-Unity.jpg
260 KB, 1108x682
Wait, why do we hate this game again? It's actually alright once you get the story going.

>b-but m-muh in game transactions!

Anyone with half a brain can tell you don't need a single one of the optional gear that takes real money to buy. Not really the first game to have micro transactions.

>b-but m-muh funny face bug

Games have bugs sometimes, haven't seen it once on ps4.
>>
You're like me OP, and got the game either at a deal or in a bundle, after it was patched to hell and back. Before that, it was almost unplayable with how many bugs it had. However, get rid of those, and Unity does in fact get really good.
>Best freerunning mechanics
>best combat system
>best stealth system
>best customization
>decent co-op missions
>decent story

But again, it still has problems. FPS drops are still pretty prevalent, and not all the bugs are gone.
>>
>>322422731
>Best freerunning mechanics
I actually really hate the free running in Unity/Syndicate. It's wildly inaccurate and I'm combat rolling and jumping on things I don't intend to like an autist. I miss having to actually find a path up structures instead of just being Spider-Man and running halfway up the side of a building with no hand holds before finally grabbing one.
>>
>>322422731
Maybe because you got it after the game was fixed?
The games was broken as shit even more than an obsidian game
>>
Same reason everyone who played AC3 at launch hated it. It ran like absolute horse shit.
>>
>>322424476
actually, the reason AC3 was hated was because the story and settings were boring as fuck.

AC unity has fucking paris, so everyone wanted to give it a chance.

But like >>322423974 said I did get it just recently at a bargain, so between how long it took to get bugs fixed and Ubi putting out ANOTHER AC game so quickly no wonder there's no one to co op now. And /vg/ doesn't even have an AC general.
>>
>>322424898
AC3's problem is that the Revolutionary War itself is fairly boring. The lead up is nice, the early Republic is a great period of history but the inbetween... eh.

It also suffered from streets being way too wide which was fixed in Syndicate with the zipline.
>>
>>322426395
>the Revolutionary War itself is fairly boring.
wasn't their solution to tell the story from a native american's point of view? But then he just joins the american side anyway so it didn't even matter.
>>
>>322424476

To be fair, basically every Ubi game since the beginning of the last generation has run like shit, especially on PC.
>>
>>322422731
There is nothing after Black Flag. The rest have been average at best.
>>
>>322426395
I think the Revolutionary War was a huge missed opportunity story wise. So many conspiracy theories surrounding the events. Seems perfect for AC. The setting didn't play to AC's gameplay strength. The game was rushed overall.
>>
Went back to it when I built my new PC. It's an average game. The new freerunning mechanics are better but not much else. I prefer Syndicate.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.