[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FIREFALL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: FireFall-Logo-psd57266.png (155 KB, 400x187) Image search: [Google]
FireFall-Logo-psd57266.png
155 KB, 400x187
Why haven't I heard anyone say anything about this game?

I happened to have found it on Steam and this stuff is pretty dang fun.
>>
>>322345457
It's not bad.
It didn't keep me occupied for more than a month or so though.

You always call down a beacon for mass slaughter (which is cool) and otherwise you do rather boring quests and a looot of walking.

The recycling in the game from your inventory is cool as well, but the progression feels weird and you weirdly don't get all that much out of the beacon slaughterfests.

Overall neat but most you do in the game feels unrewarding and the walking is just boring as fuck. I think most of the time I spent in-game was just literally walking from one questpoint to the next.
>>
Sort of wasted potential, but I keep thinking this is closer to Destiny than actual Destiny, since it's actually open-world.
>>
Because the game is dying and the company is going bankrupt for being retards.
>>
>>322346257
It's admittedly better once having a bike, but you gotta drop the thumpers on the right spots to get the most rewards.

>>322346747
Never played Destiny, but heard it was a major moneygrab.

>>322346834
Game doesn't seem that dead to me, nor does the company seem to be doing that bad, but yeah the entire reworking the game from the ground up from what i've read turned some people away.
>>
>>322347318
>the entire reworking the game from the ground up
They've done this so many times I don't even remember how many. I've been playing on and off for five years.
>>
>>322347409
Yeah supposedly the new patch coming out soonish is supposed to change a lot. I guess I'll see how it feels.

If they nerf the only geared frame I have though, I might not stay.
>>
Used to play it a lot (back to 2012) but once the sandbox style of build/progression/play was thrown out for a rigid rollercoaster park progression/play area system a lot of the fun died for me. Haven't played it much since.
>>
>>322347318
>nor does the company seem to be doing that bad

Fuck off, Red5, we're all aware that you COULD NOT AFFORD TO PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES this month.
>>
Showed potential in beta, then they 'launched' it and drove it straight into the ground.
>>
>>322349026
Not affiliated with red5, I just play the game.

But according to their press release, their employees were paid.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/566/view/news/read/37732/Firefall-Red-5-Announces-All-Employees-Have-Been-Paid-in-Full.html
>>
>>322349250
and all it took was literally becoming the pariah of the industry over night and threats of litigation.

The people in charge of Red5 are not good people. The individual devs are cool, 10/10 would get lunch with, but the people making the calls, going all the way back to what's-his-dick who blew half the initial budget on a huge cosplay suit and a LAN van. You missed when Firefall was good, bro, which is a shame, but as long as you're having fun, who the fuck are any anons to stop you?

Really though, how much are they paying you? I haven't seen anyone talk about Firefall that WASN'T being paid.
>>
>>322349470
Yeah I read about the van and all that. I honestly just started playing this past September when I was browsing free to play games in Steam.

I also like the aesthetic look of the main starting zone and the pretty cool effects they use.

But, no, I'm not getting paid at all. In all honesty, I only play the game in rotation because it's a good "sit back and chill" kind of game for when I get extremely frustrated with my main pvp games.
>>
i had a decent enough time playing the game, but it got old quick. there wasnt any progression beyond the progression to progress?

Kinda like Elite Dangerous : Korean Grindfest.

You could level up about halfway through the bug stomping tiers (lvl 20) and stomp bugs, only to goto the next area and do it all over again to shittier bugs that insta spawn artillery strikes from halfway across the map.

Or you could drive from mission to mission....hurray!
Friends made it fun, but eventually even that got boring.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.