[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the pinnacle of games that make you feel like a true
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Is this the pinnacle of games that make you feel like a true adventurer in a foreign land?

>Watching Sylvalum go from day to night and seeing the world come alive
>Climbing up giant mountains, seeing the view, and jumping off
>Traversing tree trunks and branches in Noctilum
>Swimming toward robot ruins and having it activate suddenly
>Running past animals and having them not aggro you for once
>Leaping into the pit in Oblivia because fuck it why not
>Discovering all these new areas and caverns
>Fighting/running from a high level foe and suddenly hearing the tyrant music play
>Fucking great and atmospheric soundtrack that really emphasises the expansiveness of the area and captures the feeling

Fuck I love this game and I haven't even got to Cauldros yet
>>
>>322227158

Too bad you'll be disappointed to learn that Cauldros is the worst area.

You still probably have a bunch of awesome unexplored areas in the other continents though.

Also climbing the tallest mountains in Noctilum and Oblivia by foot a best. Also swimming off waterfalls. Celestial Ascent > Floating Reef waterfall > The one in oblivia where the current is too strong to fight against even with sprinting > The wide ones in Noctilum

Just too bad the waterfall graphics aren't much better than in the first game, and some even have broken graphics, especially in Oblivia.
>>
File: LKHgfVV.png (18 KB, 411x454) Image search: [Google]
LKHgfVV.png
18 KB, 411x454
>>322227158
trucking love this game too
>>
>>322227158
XC was better senpai
>>
>>322227158
I've swam to cauldros and it's the worst area by far
>dumb rusty castles everywhere
>featureless mountains
>>
File: 44553_1199994741260_full.jpg (41 KB, 760x755) Image search: [Google]
44553_1199994741260_full.jpg
41 KB, 760x755
>>322227158

Too bad its on a dead platform that only a tiny fraction have exposure to then, as outside of the niche circle jerk no-one else gives a damn,
>>
>>322228141
if only you could experience it
>>
>>322227516
Ah man shame about Cauldros, although people were saying Oblivia was a bit meh but I liked the music so who knows.

Also is there a benefit for picking the right division? I went Curator because it sounded like the most exploration-y one, but checking the stats theres a huge number of Prospectors around
>>
>>322227158
>>>/xbcxg/
>>
>>322228087
> xeno
> without controlling a mecha
> same battle system

Hell no baby's first xeno
>>
>>322228380
there's not a huge number of prospectors, they just get the most points because they get points from the passive income from probes
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.