[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doesn't feel so bad after V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 30
File: 4432142314321.jpg (18 KB, 294x339) Image search: [Google]
4432142314321.jpg
18 KB, 294x339
Doesn't feel so bad after V
>>
I feel so much more contrarian after /v/
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
I liked MGS4 after I initially played it.

It isn't amazing, it also isn't terrible.

MGSV actually made me feel bad after completing it.

Playing MGS4 I wished there was more game and less cutscene but that entire ending sequence was powerful shit. It felt like a natural conclusion to the franchise. I still would rather pretend it is the real conclusion. It's the last non-handheld Metal Gear Solid game that got proper funding and actually was completed the way Kojima envisioned. That honor can't be taken away from it since he can't make MGS games anymore.
>>
>>322704893
Just finished 4 myself, I thought it was pretty fucking on point.
>>
>>322702661
I wish I could have played the game with a proper big boss outfit. I think he looked badass for a dying old man.
>>
>>322707027
Yeah, I love it.
>>
MGS4 is the biggest disappointment of all time. V was a letdown but it didn't rape my brain like 4 did.
>>
I've always held MGS4 in very high regard. I was surprised to find that /v/ did not when I first came here.

V however is a mixed bag for me. It's almost incomparably different from the others, but I can't deny that it had me entertained for the better part of 100 hours.
>>
>>322707361
I don't have Portable Ops but I'm going to start on Peace Walker next.
Know of any good videos/explanations on what happens in the story during Portable Ops?
>>
>>322702661
I put MGS4 way above MGSV. MGS4 has a lot of metacommentary from Kojima about his team, his depression, and the fans. MGSV has hardly anything, despite trying to shove the Moby Dick symbolism in everything
>>
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo-La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo -La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo -La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo -La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo -La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo
>>
File: metal_gear_solid_4_70.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
metal_gear_solid_4_70.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
>people didn't like MGS4
Relative to the other MGS games? It was great.
>>
I have always loved MGS4.

I went in knowing its reputation, expecting that I wouldn't enjoy it.

But I fucking love it.
>>
>>322708909
>MGS4 metacommentary
Source?
>>
>>322711397
Old Snake is basically Kojima.

Too tired and too old, but determined to finish what he started. Even if it kills him.
And he nearly kills himself so maybe that's his depression coming through
>>
>>322702661
The opposite for me. I would have been more disappointed with v but mgs4 killed any interest I had left in the mgs storyline. I was just looking for some decent stealth gameplay and v for the most part delivered.
>>
>>322711397
Loads of evidence comes from his blog at the time.

I forget what the link is.

But there are things like how the war between PMC and Militia represent Kojima's team and Konami, while Snake is on neither side and is focusing on his own objective.

My favorite one is the beginning of the Act 1 Briefing, where Campbell literally says "The Manhattan incident triggered a serious public backlash." The quote is not only talking about the Big Shell incident in the canon, but also the fans and their outrage over MGS2's ruse.
>>
>>322711018
The storyline was a big letdown and the stealth gameplay was very limited outside of chapter 1 and 2. Also outside of oldsnake every single character in the game was unlikable.
>>
>>322708139
Nothing in PoOps is important other than Big Boss acquiring the Philosophers' Legacy in order to fund his own PMC.
>>
V not having a story at all is better than 4 having a story that takes a gigantic shit on 2 and 3.
>>
>>322712776
>in order to fund his own PMC.
See, this would be an intelligent avenue to keep PO canon

But actually, by PW Snake and MSF are dirt poor operating out of a beachside shack.
They take the job in PW specifically because they have no money.
>>
>>322711707
Too bad konami gave up on gaming after they fired kojima. An mgs game made by someone who doesn't actively despise the series might have been good.
>>
>>322702661
Aww another thread where babbies first political commentary went boom boom and now you're crying.

The series at its best was 9th grade pseudointellectual tripe. It never once had anything to say, never once provided a unique view. It never developed any characters and didn't even keep a coherent story arc across titles.

Face it, MGS was always a shit story. The gameplay and music made it work. If Kojima spent less time writing fart jokes and soda drinking monkeys he could have maybe given it more depth than a damp rag. But he didn't. 5 isn't a worse story than 1-4, he just didn't tell it with boring 6 hour cutscenes.
>>
>>322713112
>babbies first political commentary went boom boom
Nobody is even talking about Atlas Shrugged.
>>
>>322704893
The boss fights versus Rex and Liquid Ocelot are perhaps the best in the series. They were incredible. And the ending message was perfect for the series.
>>
File: 3DJqSXA.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
3DJqSXA.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>322713112
4 has by far the worst story of 1-5. It was slow marinated in a bath tub of homeless people's diarrhea. It's not surprising that the intellectually challenged lame ass try hard contrarian baby boy zilch faggots here try to elevate it beyond any of the others.
>>
>>322702661
MGS4 had serious problems that other games didn't. That said, it's still a better MGS game than V.

For me it's 3>2>PW=1=4>>>>>>>>V
>>
Only correct order is

3 = 2 > 1 > 4 > PW = V

Peace walker and V were trash in their own ways.
>>
always liked 4. I just wish the patriots ended up being a living breathing people sitting in a room being a bunch of fuckwits
>>
>>322712650
Not liking B&B background, cuck Raiden, hatin Naomi, Otacon scores and getting heartbroken again, foolish Akiba, I mean its just boring that everybody are too edgy and badass like mgs1 and 3.
>>
I've always found it baffling how many people hold the opinion of "Fuck MGS4, Snake should have killed himself at the end" as if that wouldn't have totally undermined the message the game was building up to. Like, they just wanted another super depressing, tearjerker ending like MGS3 had without actually understanding why it was important for the earliest point of the series to end tragically for pointless reasons.
MGS4 gave Snake the ending he deserved for being one of the only people in the series to actually understand the Boss' vision without twisting it to fit his own selfish logic and leaving his problems to the next generation. He earned the freedom to finally live the rest of his life, short as it was, on his own terms.
>>
>>322704893
>It felt like a natural conclusion to the franchise.
This is the exact reason Peace Walker and MGSV being mainline games left such a sour taste in my mouth.
They had absolutely no reason to exist and they brought nothing new to the series timeline beside weird, pointless retcons for a story that was already totally concluded.
MGS4 ends on a stinger that offers no sequel hooks at all and instead involved Snake kicking one of his most stubborn habits, for fuck's sake. Anything released after it should have just been "questionably canon spinoffs" like MGR.
>>
>>322717584
>They had absolutely no reason to exist
$

Same reason any sequels/reboots/etc. that don't need to be made are made.
>>
>>322702661
you realize people who bitched and moaned about V are partly to blame for the shitty story in V right?
>>
>>322707406
>V was a letdown but it didn't rape my brain like 4 did

This. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry at what a shitfest 4 was. MGSV is pointless, boring, and meandering but 4 is legendary for it's awful writing.

Apologist are showing up because it's old enough for nostalgia to sink in.
>>
>>322714173
Yeah, /v/ acting like MGS4 wasn't shit is like /tv/ pretending the star wars prequels weren't shit just to be contrarian and shit on TFA. Although TFA is also shit.
>>
>>322718762
Let's not get fucking crazy here.
MGS4 had its rough spots and dumb bullshit, but it's nowhere near the level of the Star Wars prequels.
>>
>>322719305
It's honestly worse.
>>
>>322718402
And how would that be? The story would have been fine if Kojima could have been given enough time to polish everything up. He always found a way up until now, the series was supposed to end after 2 (maybe even 1) and even at the cost of retcon you would finish the game with the feeling of satisfaction.

Up until V.
>>
>>322719470

It's seriously not. Episode 1 is a kid's movie. MGSV Is an unfinished swan to the franchise.
>>
>>322719491
>The story would have been fine if Kojima could have been given enough time to polish everything up. He always found a way up until now

Except MGS4 has an awful story and, to my knowledge, Kojima got to do everything he wanted with it. He just can't write a story for shit without Fukushima's help.
>>
>>322702661
My only complaint on MGS4 is how half arsed the people behind the patriots turned out to be. I get Zero, but the rest? Just no
>>
>>322719470
Holy christ, this is some fuckin' absurd hyperbole.
>>
File: wew.jpg (34 KB, 608x211) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
34 KB, 608x211
http://www.cnet.com/news/obama-orders-feds-to-study-smart-gun-technology/

DID YOU GUYS HEAR THE NEWS? WE MGS4 IRL NOW
>>
>>322719668
MGS4 not MGSV, although MGSV isn't that far off when things are actually happening. And what's wrong with being a kid's movie? I know plenty of kid's movies with better stories than MGS4.
>>
>>322719898
Considering the amount of retcon and closed ends Hideo had to re-loose in order to make yet another ending to the serie, I'm pretty confident saying it was a job well done.

Not considering the opinions of nitpicky ''hardcore'' fans.
>>
>>322720046
I don't think we can compare both.
>>
>>322719930
I've never understood why Big Boss' support staff and other major characters he trusted turning out to be part of the founding members of the Patriots and key figures in the series is such a huge point of contention for people.
Like, who the fuck else was it going to be? Some random government schmucks from the 60's we weren't going to see ever?
>>
>>322720034
Kojima knew it all
>>
>>322720034
WE DREBIN NOW
>>
>>322712289
Did you even try to play 4 again or are you talking out of your ass?
>>
MGS4 is fascinating in how much it oozes self-hatred, weariness and suicidal depression, but it's still an awful piece of shit that shouldn't have been made.
>>
>>322702661
it feels like a completed piece of work and the story gets a clear endpoint, but it's still dumb as shit

it's also great entertainment and I can't hate it for that, but the story suffered likely because it was without kojima's regular co-writer being involved
>>
>>322719964
It's not. Like, the prequels are poorly shot, poorly written, boring, tonally inconsistent, and just generally shitty. But at least they don't spend literally hours sitting on a plane listening to exposition, at least Jar Jar Binks wasn't constantly shitting himself, at least they didn't have a half hour post credits sequence, at least Lucas didn't feel the need to add unnecessary and nonsensical explanations to previously supernatural elemen- Ok, forget that last one.
>>
>>322720034
That is so fucking retarded, holy shit.
It failed last time, it will fail now.
>>
Almost teared up when he went to Shadow Moses and the music kicks in.
>>
File: mmm.png (858 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mmm.png
858 KB, 1280x720
I was introduced to this series when MGS4 came out.

Was so confused, I thought I'd understand everything better if I played through 1, 2 and 3.
>>
>>322721224
So ... you didn't? Why are non MGS fans posting in these thread, just so we can spoonfeed them?
>>
>>322720435

Yes, that would have been a million times less retarded. They should have remained an enigma, like in MGS2. What does them being mgs3 support staff add to the story other than try to reteoactively make throwaway side characters more relevant? Its like saying Mei Ling and Peter Stillman had formed a secret pact for an all powerful shadow organization. So fucking stupid. Why can't Zero just be the commander of Big Boss in 3? That was all his character needed to be.
>>
>>322721410
Uhh, I asked you to spoonfeed me?
>>
>>322720935
People always bitch and whine that MGS4 explained the supernatural elements away with nanomachines and I always wonder if these people actually paid even a second's attention to the game.
Vamp's healing was still a supernatural quirk, he just used nanomachines to pump it into overdrive. Ocelot had to replace his transplanted arm with a robot one specifically because Liquid was being too much of an unpredictable little shithead when he was possessing him for real. One of the bosses is literally just Psycho Mantis' ghost hiding inside a lady's head and going "I CAME BACK FUCKER LET ME CHECK YOUR SIXAXIS".
MGS4 was full of goofy supernatural fuckery.
>>
>>322721518

Ocelot replacing his arm but still being hypnotized into thinking he is Liquid is even shittier writing than being possessed by Liquid in the first place. Instead of rolling with it and giving us more Cam Clarke, they gave us more contrived nonsensical bullshit.
>>
>>322721518
Psycho Mantis's reappearance was such a big pile of bullshit.
>>
File: 1435376316833.jpg (34 KB, 567x456) Image search: [Google]
1435376316833.jpg
34 KB, 567x456
>that beautiful city map in act 3 that's totally fucking wasted on a shitty tail mission immediately followed by a vehicle sequence
>>
>>322719930
>>322720435
>>322721452
Sometimes I wonder if I was the only person who guessed that Big Boss's team was part of the Patriots before playing MGS4.
Like, Portable Ops wasn't a very good game, but it laid down some pretty obvious hints involving Zero and friends and the Philosopher's Legacy.
>>
>>322721874
game is fucking shit from that part onward.
>>
>>322721964

We know about PooPs' ending. Explain how Kojima couldn't just disregard it. The only answer is he didn't want to.
>>
Stop pretending MGSIV didn't have garbage gameplay

Yeah yeah, MGSV cheated you out of the story but it still has the better gameplay
>>
>>322721518
>Vamp's healing was still a supernatural quirk, he just used nanomachines to pump it into overdrive

The problem isn't a lack of supernatural elements, I mostly included that in my last post as a bit of a joke, the problem is the story is bogged down with unnecessary details that make no fucking sense. Like why did vamp's ability to pin your shadow have to be explained as fucking long range hypnosis?
>>
>>322722237
Wait did they seriously try to explain it that way? Wow.

In hindsight of course, its not surprising. Reminder that some of those COBRA members were affected by Code Talker parasites! Because thats a necessary story detail!
>>
>>322722194
Not really. It has clunkier movement, clunky item/weapon switching, clunkier cover system, can't shoot radios, etc. The only problem with 4's gameplay is that you have so good locations to use it.
>>
the series was fucked since 3

it went from being anti nuclear/war revolving around government conspiracy to MUH BOSS MUH BOSS'S WILL THE WORLD WILL BE ONE MUDAFUKA
>>
>>322712650
>Also outside of oldsnake every single character in the game was unlikable.

MGS2 suffered from the same problem.
>>
>>322722423
You mean so little locations to use it, right?
>>
>>322722675

MGS2's Tanker Snake is still the serie's best protagonist though.

Almost pissed my pants playing it the first time.
>>
>>322722675

I liked Snake, Ocelot, Liquid, Otacon, Olga, Emma, Raiden, GW, Solidus, and Fatman in mgs2.

If you don't like at least 2 of those characters then go play another series.
>>
>>322722737
Yes, that's what I meant. So *few good locations.
>>
>>322720034
War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control, war... becomes routine.
>>
>>322722626
And it was also when Kojimbo fell in love with his husbandu BB
>>
>>322723707
ya that too

BB is such shit compared to SS
>>
It was never bad. Movie game meme really damaged its reputation. Sometimes closure is fine. Better than having another Ocelit call.
>>
File: 1419871502392.png (93 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1419871502392.png
93 KB, 300x300
>>322702661
No Metal Gear Solid game is actually bad, just one is superior to the other

prove me wrong faggots
>>
>>322702661

Holy fuck does /v/ just hate on everything? I thought this game was incredible when it came out. Of course I still do but I wasnt on /v/ at the time. I mean do you guys have any respect for history? Did you even enjoy the originals?
>>
>>322724351
Anyone with taste hates this abomination you filthy millenial.
>>
>>322722846
Most of those characters are cringeworthy shit.

GW is a glorious exception.
>>
>>322724351
>They hated MGS4 for the cutscenes, V loses nearly all of them, people beg Kojima for them back, but its too late now.
Perhaps if they weren't so vocal about it then maybe the trailers' story content for V would have made it into the game. Can't believe it either that those who said 4 had too many cutscenes suddenly went "I want it back" in reviews I've seen of V.
>>
>>322724289
Peace Walker is pretty bad.
>>
>>322724289
I'm pretty sure all MGS fans can agree on this, anon.
>>
>>322724835
Peace Walker is the best PSP game on the PSP.

And no, Crisis Core is total horseshit, and FF tactics is a port.
>>
>>322704893
>It felt like
>a natural
>CONCLUSION
STOPPED READING RIGHT THERE.
There was nothing natural about it you fucking faggot.
>>
>>322724972
How so? You arguing against Kojima?
>>
>>322724724
Maybe people think that MGS4 went overboard but still think that cutscenes were an important part of what made the series great and didn't want to see them quite so diminished.
>>
>>322724724
Nigga I enjoyed MGS4 but when you got save points INBETWEEN CUTSCENES then you got a problem.
To me they fucked V with it not being Big Boss. I never played MG1 and MG2. I never really gave a fuck about them so having the final game be all about tying up ONE GOD DAMN LOOSE END.
IT MAKES ME WANNA KNOW WHO WOULD DO THIS.
>>
>>322722194
MGS4 had the best gameplay in the series, the problem is that there was 4 or maybe 5 hours at most of it in the whole "game".
>>
>>322724950
>Peace Walker is the best PSP game on the PSP

The best log floating down shit's creek.
>>
File: You're pretty gud.gif (2 MB, 250x270) Image search: [Google]
You're pretty gud.gif
2 MB, 250x270
>>322721874
>>322722047
Basically this.
Act 1 and 2 are fucking amazing. Just give me medium sized maps with big battles going on to snek around in.
>Choose whether to help rebels fight the PMC or not.
>Meeting up with guerrillas later they team up with you.
It's the little things.
>>
>>322725170
>MGS4 had best goymeplay
MGSV's gameplay was superior.
>>
File: mgs4.jpg (474 KB, 1136x3152) Image search: [Google]
mgs4.jpg
474 KB, 1136x3152
2 > V > 3 = 1 > 4 >>>PW
>>
>>322725236
I played it in a Sea can in Afghanistan with 3 other friends who all had their PSP's and own copies.

It was really a load of fun.

At least I have good memories of the game. The only good memories I'll ever have from V will be the trailers.
>>
>>322725516
i thought we agreed not to praise V until the next installment shows up
>>
>>322725168
Nothing in MGS4 addresses MG1 and MG2. MGS4 addresses MGS3's Big Boss and the Fox crew; Zero, Paramedic, Sigint, Eva.

In fact I feel the MGS3 pandering is what brought the game down. The MGS2 stuff is saved for the last chapter, and in small bursts (Raiden calls, Rose cameo), same for the MGS1 stuff (Shadow Moses revisit in Act 4), meanwhile there's a dedicated chapter for Big Momma (Eva), Ocelot wants to form "Outer Haven" (copying Outer Heaven) from the first chapter already, and there's this obsession all over the game on "Big Boss" (his body, legacy, hopes and dreams, etc.).
>>
>>322725596
Next installment is but a dream, anon. It's the game's destiny to be hated so the fans will at last accept MGS4's true worth.

It's also a good representation of today's games. Big open world with nothing to do, big promises, little delivery and a lackluster story.
>>
>>322713065
I thought the Legacy just had the locations of funds, it didn't just automatically let you have access to the funds themselves.
>>
>>322721874

If mgs4 was on PC and the engine was easier to play with people would STILL be playing it.
>>
File: 1422731907361.png (55 KB, 343x400) Image search: [Google]
1422731907361.png
55 KB, 343x400
>>322725896
>next installement is but a dream
oy vey
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/18/konami-seeks-developers-for-new-metal-gear
>>
mgs stands for mega gay shit lol
>>
>>322721518
I thought MGS4 was in part about the supernatrual dying and giving way to super science.
>>
>>322726260
Okay ...

well watch it bomb? Who will buy this shit? Everyone who's interested in MGS should know this will suck ass.
>>
>>322702661
I gotta agree with this. I didn't hate playing V, but it doesn't really have what I want from a Metal Gear. No insane story nor crazy boss fights. And, while V is good mechanically, after a while, you begin to notice how nothing the actual game is. The maps are empty, stealth is easy, you spend too much damn time on the helicopter, and everything feels like it had no real level design.

MGS4 had it's fair share of problems, and until V I thought ill of it, but at least it felt like a Metal Gear.
>>
>>322726487
It's gotta be better than MGSV? Right guys?

Right???
>>
>>322726615
I wanted more industrial type areas from V. Because I can say that the most fun I had in the game was when I was at the oilfield while it rained at night.
>>
>>322726260
>dlc for mgsv
>remakes of MG1/MG2
>the final FINAL FIIIINAAAAL story of Big Boss to show him turning into a villain

this shit's getting old
>>
ITT we realize only the Solid Snake games are actually good
>>
File: happy dancing anime girl.gif (178 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
happy dancing anime girl.gif
178 KB, 160x160
>>322702661
I'll never not be pissed at the level design going to shit after act 2. This game could have been perfect if they just stuck with the idea of sneaking in the middle of an armed conflict.
>>
>>322726260
Without Kojima it's less canon than Dragon Ball GT as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>322725516
No, MGSV's general movement options were superior (and even then, they were full of lame modern casualizations and dropped classic mechanics for no reason).
The gameplay itself was fucking awful, it was 60% "EXTRACT/KILL THOSE DUDES," 30% "SNEAK INTO THAT GENERIC OUTPOST," and 10% "other," and outside of a few story missions, the level design was just extremely boring. Outside of being able to quickly jump to a section you might want to replay, adding a samey mission structure to the game's layout was terrible in Peace Walker, and it only got worse in TPP.
>>
>>322711707
That same meta commentary is in V. Huey is Kojima, he even wears Kojimas glasses at one point
>>
>>322722237
Weren't most of the Vamp explanations just Otacon throwing his hands up and going "look, maybe he really is a magic freak, but this is MY hypothesis as a scientist, okay?"
>>
3 > V = 1 > 2 > 4
>>
>>322727096
Really wish Big Boss was left alone after MGS3. It was already perfect telling you how he became the legendary soldier everyone claimed to be and established his motives for forming Outer Heaven.
>>
>>322727515
Personally, I'd say the level design for the first part of Act 5 is one of the best sneaking sequences in the entire series, the real problem was just that there wasn't enough of it.
>>
File: 4gRGaLI.png (487 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
4gRGaLI.png
487 KB, 600x337
MGSV shouldn't have been open world. Or, it should have at least had more, smaller maps. The map in Ground Zeroes feels like a better size to me. All of the space in that map is used. It feels like it has actual level design.
>>
File: 1437054375784.gif (2 MB, 270x188) Image search: [Google]
1437054375784.gif
2 MB, 270x188
>>322728695
For awhile I thought it was just gonna be multiple maps the size of GZ where you have one main mission and a few side ones. Man we didn't even get side missions as good as the ones in GZ either.
>>
File: 543253425.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
543253425.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>322728695
Kojima couldn't into open worlds.

He only found out once it was too late, like we all did, when our precious shekels were already removed.

In the end, most of the fun was in the marketing and the thrill coming up to release.
>>
I felt sorry for snake in 4, they just used him.

If the meme's were taken out of the game ti would've been a lot better.

and lol @ people complaining about the cutscene, there was tons of gameplay just alot of cutscene, too.

Overall a 9 in my book, I enjoyed the additional upgrades to combat and aprpeciate they still kept iconic metal gear themes in there such as the weapon loadout and codec
>>
File: 1440946178997.png (27 KB, 473x252) Image search: [Google]
1440946178997.png
27 KB, 473x252
>>322728695
Having two giant, empty maps instead of several hubs was stupid. They should each not have been much larger than GZ and main and secondary objectives should have been available at the same time. Think SC Chaos Theory but bigger in size.

If they absolutely had to have open maps filled with fuck all they should have had more fun with it. Just look at Quiet, there's a bunch of cool things you could have done with an open world sniper boss battle but that didn't happen.
>>
>>322730196
Also, how much more complicated can it be to create a bunch of GZ sized-maps for a big budget team? What in the holy fuck was he even thinking?
>>
File: 8adjX1k.jpg (134 KB, 874x915) Image search: [Google]
8adjX1k.jpg
134 KB, 874x915
What this fuck did MGSV have to do with "race?" Some people speculate that it actually refers to arms race, and chapter 2 is about triggering the nuclear disarmament event, but fuck if that ever happens. Skullface won I guess. Skullface was lame.
>>
>>322731061
>this picture

Why did I think the game would be so based you could actually do shit like this?
>>
>>322731061
>hey guys you can fulton animals to keep on mother base
>you have to take your chopper to a completely different base to look at them, which is all you can do

Man fuck this game.
>>
>>322731210
Because that sounds like something Kojima would have done before MGSV. I hope that part of him hasn't died. I hope MGSV was only bad because of the shit going down at Konami.
>>
>>322726260
>yfw tom fukushima
>>
File: 1345085100292.jpg (59 KB, 474x475) Image search: [Google]
1345085100292.jpg
59 KB, 474x475
>>322731430
>mgs4 was so bad because konami forced him
>pw was so bad because it was on psp
>v was so bad because blah blah
im tired of making excuses
he's gotten worse over time, i see no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt
>>
File: 1389486086311.png (2 MB, 1280x1774) Image search: [Google]
1389486086311.png
2 MB, 1280x1774
>>322731625
I'm willing to see what he can do with his own studio. That will be the test that definitively proves whether Kojima is a hack or not.
>>
File: sheep3.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sheep3.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>322731210
All the animals were scooted onto a zoo for some reason.
>>
>>322731625
At least whenever you played one of his games you knew you'd be getting a solid game.
>>
I like all of them.
Fuck off cunts
>>
>>322732009
Is it a reason that favors the player?
>>
>>322731978
If one bothered to get the birthday scene, then they'd find out that Venom loves the shit out of cigars.
>>
>>322702661
If it was on PC, yeah it would, but it's not. Console shooting will always be complete ass compared to mouse n keyboard.
>>
>>322732470
2013 was a different time. A beautiful time.
>>
>>322732009
It's a shame you can't salute in mgsv, because I really wanted to salute some of my soldiers, instead of turning them on by choking them.
>>
>>322732559
>PC in charge of not hoping into actual video game discussion just to stir shit up

You're late, basically.
>>
>>322732635
I Knock (lure enemy) instead.
>>
>>322732847
But it's true though. Some of the bosses in MGS4 are outright trash because of the analog stick's limitations, particularly the Raging Raven fight.
>>
>>322733382
Okay but who the fuck cares in 2016 seriously.

Any MGS fan already has a PS3 with the legacy collection anyway.

not to mention the fact that a console game always has better threads
>>
>>322733382
Git gud. How did you fight her when if she moves she fires cluster bombs that explode on the walkways so that running and gunning isn't viable at all?
>>
>>322732009
probably because they'd get in the way and didn't really make much sense
not that im defending it, in fact because of its sort of a ripped out feature with not much thought put into it, shit gets very weird and depressing when you do think about it. In fact a lot of things with the base become depressing when you examine what was shown and what we got
Animals were originally there, giving the base a better sense of it being alive. Gets ripped out, base is boring as hell
Zoo awkwardly shoehorned in, instantly built with a bit of story to cover it up and the entire forgotten in an instant
Talking to important NPC was originally supposed to be there. Never fully implemented so people disappear behind corners, you just awkwardly stare at them, or they're in completely unreachable areas and invisible if you're not viewing them from uptop in your heli.
FOB's originally never existed and it was your own MB being invaded. Tossed that idea out probably because people would get mad their best soldiers would die, instead you bizarrely create an exact replica of MB in another oceans

So many things changed right before it got shipped its not even funny
>>
File: pretty good.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pretty good.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>322733728
Goddamn, it hurts. I just wanted to spot my husbando doing hand gestures at me from across a platform, but now I don't get any of that.
>>
>>322731210
Because they actually showed animals running around on MB in one of the preview builds.
>>
File: 1391308842090.jpg (126 KB, 854x457) Image search: [Google]
1391308842090.jpg
126 KB, 854x457
>>322734081
I wish Ocelot didn't suck in this game. What the fuck happened to him?
>>
File: lewd.webm (352 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lewd.webm
352 KB, 1280x720
>>322735395
Yeah, he's not his flamboyant, crazy self at all. He only fires his revolver during a major cutscene like once, indoors. And sort of lazily half-spins it once. Did he take his medication or something?
>>
>>322731625
>Peace Walker
>Bad
>>
the ps3 version looks pretty good.

Why do I have to wait til mission 14 to utilize the best part of the game.
>>
MGS1 = New Hope. Exciting start to the franchise that changed the industry for ever.

MGS2 = Empire Strikes Back. Sequel that is better than the original

MGS3 = RotJ. Good conclusion to the trilogy that left most fans happy.

MGS4 = Phantom Menace. Overly complicated plot, cheesy and over choreographed, supernatural mystery explained with science (midiclorians/nanomachines). Overall left a sour taste in most fans mouths.

MGSPW = Clone Wars. Nothing important happens, un explained jumps in technology

MGSV = Revenge of the Sith. Best of the new trilogy, overall pretty good game, more less wraps up the story, but not quite as good as people hoped.

Pretty crazy how well it lines up.
>>
>>322736346
Brainwashing man. Seriously though I'm pretty sure it's Ocelot neutering himself around Venom. As soon as he's not hypnotised he's riding horses into fire, talking about how much he hates the French and the patriots and threatening to murder Kaz. Blah blah you're only playing phantom BB so you get Phantom Ocelot. Fuck you Kojima I wanted BB and brocelot shenanigans.
>>
File: 1429648193979.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1429648193979.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
I bought PS3 couple of years ago to finally play MGS4 and really liked it apart from the B&B bosses aswell as some other stuff. Had some laughs and shed some tears in the end. I thought it was fine. But MGSV? I don't know man. It left me with such an odd feeling after finishing it. Shame it was what it was, since it didn't feel like MGS game at all and being the last of the games it affected me how I think of the series as whole.
>>
>>322738420
>MGS3 = RotJ. Good conclusion to the trilogy that left most fans happy.
Dude 3 is anything but a conclusion. Conclusion would mean it would be connected to 1 and 2. But since it jumped all the way to the past and is a prequel, its the Phantom Menace of MGS.
>>
>>322738903
MGS4 had its problems but it's still got those great moments like the final boss fight, and it wraps itself up completely. MGSV has nothing outstanding at all. I'll take the highs and lows of MGS4 over steadily the below average of MGSV.
>>
File: big boss.webm (2 MB, 836x470) Image search: [Google]
big boss.webm
2 MB, 836x470
>>322738649
>BB and brocelot shenanigans
This would have been a dream come true. It's all I ever hoped for in TPP.
>>
4 is terrible because it's the most wheel-spinniest Metal Gear out of them all.

It's Metal Gear Solid for the sake of being Metal Gear Solid. It's fanservice, it's checking boxes. It's a follow up to a game that was never meant to have one. People can shit all they want on MGSV, but atleast that game had some balls to go fucking out there with the MGS formula. The game went out swinging, it went out provacative and polarizing, raising more questions than answering them, like MGS should.

MGS4 was just disappointing and hollow, it was exactly what people wanted out of Metal Gear, which is why it's so uninspired. MGSV is flawed and unfinished, but MGS4 will forever feel forced and soulless.

MGS4 remains the worst.
>>
>>322739875
>People can shit all they want on MGSV, but atleast that game had some balls to go fucking out there with the MGS formula.
You mean 4 right?

MGSV has no porn mags, no boss fights, no characters, no MGS grade smart AI, no cutscenes, no proper codec, and the list goes on.
>>
MGS V would have been fine if the missions were like in GZ instead of some boring empty desert and forest.

4 was pretty much a fan service. The nano machine explanation was bullshit though.
>>
>>322738420
you're literally actually non-figuratively completely wholeheartedly retarded
>>
>>322739650
>this could have been BB ignoring Ocelot whoring it up
Where did the funny shit go? It's not like the story was good enough to be serious nearly all the time.
>>
I like beating people up and sticking them to hot air balloons
>>
>>322702661
MGS4 is terrible.

MGS5 is an incomplete game but at least

>It's still a game
>Doesn't fuck up continuity of the entire fucking series
>>
>>322738420
I cannot believe there was ever anyone who believed MGS3 served as a conclusion to the series, let alone a satisfying one.
It almost entirely ignored every major question MGS2 brought up to tell a mostly self-contained story. Not to say it like that was a bad thing on MGS3's part, but MGS4 was absolutely a game that needed to exist to tie things up, even if Kojima was super butthurt about being too much of a perfectionist to let someone else direct it.
>>
>>322738903
MGS4 may have had an absurdly skewed cutscene to gameplay ratio, but man, the gameplay itself was absolutely jammed packed full of goofy, fun easter egg bullshit most people never even noticed.
Meanwhile, MGSV felt like they deliberately highlighted everything goofy and cool before the game even came out, and what was left over to find on your own was kind of lacking. I miss calling someone on the codec while doing something goofy just to see if they had unique dialogue for it most of all, the tapes just did not do it for me.
>>
>>322728313
I was hyped up by the prospect of the game finally returning to some fun sneaking mechanics after a "follow/protect the target" act and a "mostly abandoned retrend of a classic location with robotic enemies you can't use 90% of the game's mechanics on" act. If only we actually were allowed to sneak through the ship -- it was fucking HUGE, it could've been the second coming of the Tanker at least.
>>
MGS4 created the miracle that is Sunny
>>
>>322738420
Why do you keep posting this? And why do you keep ignoring MG and MG2: SS?
>>
File: 1336385856023.jpg (13 KB, 378x301) Image search: [Google]
1336385856023.jpg
13 KB, 378x301
>just completed the original MGS trilogy
>can't play 4 without getting a moviestation 3

Come on Konami, at least port it to Steam to save face after all your bullshit last year.
>>
Wow, you faggots will literally slurp up anything in order to be the biggest contrarian douchebags on the internet.

I mean, Jesus Christ, at least V had more than 20 minutes of gameplay.
>>
>>322707303

>confirmed for not watching the story more than once

he was pieced together from solidus and liquid you faget
>>
>>322740334
>forest

I wish. Instead we got an empty savanna with a cluster of trees.
>>
>>322752510
next Kojima-made game should be in a forest. seasons changing. dodging guards with new equipment. Rambo style. would buy/10
>>
File: 1449023116591.gif (360 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1449023116591.gif
360 KB, 500x375
>>322738420
MGS1/2 - Neon Genesis Evangelion
MGS3 - Death and Rebirth
MGS4 - End of Evangelion
PW/GZ/TPP - Rebuilds
>>
>>322752682
I'm just mad we didn't get any snow in MGS V.
>>
>>322752819
just fucking sand...
>>
File: 1212404734460.jpg (45 KB, 350x265) Image search: [Google]
1212404734460.jpg
45 KB, 350x265
>MGS4 sux
>MGSV drops
>MGS4 wasn't so bad after all!

never change, /v/
>>
File: 1450942769656.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1450942769656.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>322704893
>that final battle
My pants were wet
>>
>>322718762
I enjoyed TPM more than TFA. Sue me.
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.