[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vidya collection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 47
File: Collect.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Collect.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
Do any of you collect vidya ?
If so do you prefer to collect vidya on one platform, eg pc, or a certain console or is your collection on all platforms ?
>>
Make a legit thread about games.
no replies.
Shit post thread, 124 replies.
Why is /v/ gone to pure shit.
>>
>>322404195
>WAA WAAA

Collecting video games and shit is fine. What I can't stand though is people collecting for MUH COLLECTION that shit is dumb.

"Check out all these games I have still in the shrink wrapping and will never get played!! So glad I bought Get Fit With Mel B to complete my collection!!"

Or even worse when they have games that are rare but they've hoarded it in the shrink wrapping never to be played.

Collectors for the sake of collecting are terrible.
>>
>>322402830
I own hundreds of games for dozens of games. Most of them for the Mega Drive and its add-ons.

I took a long break from games though and returned about two years ago to the hobby. Currently I'm mainly collecting 3DS games. Also picked up a Wii U recently.
>>
>>322404682
*For dozens of consoles
>>
>>322404538
I do agree with you anon, collecting games and not playing them is pointless. I personally enjoy collecting games but also playing all my games. I was hoping to start a thread were we could show some of the older games we have kept/collected and have enjoyed playing. Of coarse showing of gems is fine as well, but yeah I do agree collecting and packing games away is a waste of time and money.
>>
>>322404682
Nice anon, are you going to stick to collecting to only Nintendo stuff or do you plan to go for other plats as well. Any good games you picked up so far to your collection ?
>>
I have an xboxhueg assortment of games for pretty much all mainstream platforms, but I've never thought getting them as collecting - it's more like I buy interesting games to play them, but I have much more money than time for it. You could call it a collection, but I'm no collector.
>>
File: XkFJSf7.png (337 KB, 500x576) Image search: [Google]
XkFJSf7.png
337 KB, 500x576
>tfw Lil B has a better vidya collection than most of us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pr1rN-5P6Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAFnFE9gpng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX3lgEFGo3k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jt-Y7xN3qg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiIysWxGwy8
>>
File: 1451608343058.png (7 KB, 151x153) Image search: [Google]
1451608343058.png
7 KB, 151x153
>>322405183
Fair enough, I would say I am the same. I don't see the value of buying rare games for huge price tags. I would only buy them if I was interested in playing them, but I could presume majority of /v/ would have a large amount of games for either pc/xbox/ps/nintendo just by general interest in the games.

>>322405236
wtf
>>
>>322405069
It's just that right now Nintendo systems have the most games that that interest me.

The rarest/ most expensive games that I own probably are some of the ones that I picked up for cheap, when stores were getting rid of their SNES and Mega Drive games to make space for PSX, Saturn and N64 games. Back then, I got Hagane for SNES and Mega Man Wily Wars for basically nothing. Each can be sold for several hundred Euro now (and both are great games, of course).
>>
>>322402830
Is that Anita?
>>
>>322405236
lil b has a channel?
>>
>>322405706
Yeah nintendo has some really nice games, especially the 3ds, been planning on picking up a bigger screen 3ds to play more games on. Nice anon you got some good games.

>>322405236
Classic
>>
>>322405069
>>322405706
Also forgot to add that since I took a long break from gaming, Nintendo's policy pn backwards compatibility appeals to me a lot. I've already bought some DS games loke the three Castlevanias and Contra 4 because I never gotvto play them originally. I'm also planning to get some good Wii games.
>>
File: 1451783207661376334727.jpg (917 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
1451783207661376334727.jpg
917 KB, 2688x1520
I used to but I just dont have space. Pic related, it's my catastrophe of a shelf.
>>
My largest collection is of PS2 games, just under 100.

I have just over 400 physical games, that I've bothered to track.
>>
>>322402830
I would be jealous if they didnt have those inside the case on the artwork stickers
>>
>>322406360
Yeah I like that about nintendo, been using my free time to play some gamecube games on the wii, also been playing some old rpgs on the pc and ps2. Contra 4 is really fun, you will enjoy playing it. I haven't either played the castle games on ds yet, though I have read good things about them. If you don't mind me asking. why did you take such a long break ?
>>
>>322406470
Looks good anon, though space will forever be a problem.
>>322406512
Nice, that is a lot of games. I think I am near the same number however my games are spread over different platforms and steam/origin etc games. I do wish I could keep all my games under one thing, like only playstation or only pc, but I have them spread. Games on ps, pc, xb, wii, hand helds. Though I have a very small collection of retro games, most of my games are 4thgen and after. Any games before that I never owned or threw away.
>>
I used to "collect" but it got so expensive in the last few years. Now I only buy games I really want to play and still never end up playing them.
>>
>>322407731
>Now I only buy games I really want to play and still never end up playing them.
Sad time anon.
>>
>>322407126
I was really into a lot of other things at the time and eventually lost all interest in new games. Some of friends continued buying and playing new stuff, so I got to play or at least watch them playing some of the games during the Wii/PS3/XBox360 generation.

During that time I rarely played games other than local co-op of classic games with my buddies and the occasional re-play of my personal favorites. I also continued talking about vidya a lot with some friends, but it didn't help that some of my closest friends also started to be less into gaming. One day, I picked up a 3DS XL on a whim and was hooked again.
>>
Started collecting about five years ago. Unfortunately realized I wanted to collect after years of buying and selling off games. Ended up losing some great titles like my complete boxed lunar 2 set.

Right now I have a little bit of everything but lately been focusing on Genesis/Mega Drive games since I never owned one as a kid and want to experience what the system had. Plus the prices are still pretty good since most people flock to Nintendo consoles, shooting yo the prices.
>>
File: 1444848573155.jpg (39 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1444848573155.jpg
39 KB, 375x375
>>322405236
classic
>>
All I collect are games not available on PC through non-emulator means for archival purposes/sentimental reasons.

Currently finished up with all SNES, DS, and PS1 games I care about and I'm working on the N64 and PS2 - which I estimate will take me another two years since I haven't got a massive budget.

After that I might do the Wii or GameCube, plus the PSP.

Figure I got a while yet before it's clear what PS3/360 games won't get PC ports, and the 3DS is way too pricy for now.
>>
>>322408468
>3DS is way too pricy for now

It is hard to find decent deals on first party games but enjoy collecting games for it a lot. I've made quite a few great deals so far. It takes patience though.
>>
>>322402830
got like maybe 2-3 hundred games from sega genesis, nin 64, original hugebox(i have most exclusives, and when i'll have a bit more money i'll hunt the ones i don't) 360 and one of the old atari, but i don't remember which one. i also have maybe another hundred or 2 of old pc games
>>
>>322408468
if i were you, i'd get a xbox and the exclusives it have, some are really good, and we'll never get another way to play them. plus they have the advantage of not really being costly, most shops i've visited sells the xbox for like 50 bucks and the games themselves are mostly pretty cheap
>>
>>322402830

I do collect vidya in the sense of getting the ones I think are really worth playing.

I have thought about going for a complete Wii U collection since the library is quite small and I thought it'd be fun but when I think about spending money on some of the shovelware it feels really pointless. I have some of the ones that are getting hard to find like Devil's Third, Pikmin 3, and Wii Sports Club.
>>
>>322410535
how's devil third?
>>
>>322409969
What are your favorite Mega Drive games anon? I'm partial to Landstalker, Gunstar Heroes, the Shining Force games, Story of Thor (aka Beyond Oasis) and Micro Machines. But there are many more great games.
>>
>>322410496
I've been thinking about it for a while, especially since my 360 can play all the ones I'm interested in potentially picking up.

Might be something to look into after I'm done with at least one of my current systems.
>>
>>322408045
Same all my friends moved on from gaming though I stuck with it. Hopefully you'll enjoy a lost of the ds and wii games. Though you said you watched your buddies play ps3 and 360 games. Are you planning on maybe buying a ps4 or xb1 to play some of those games or maybe play some of the next gen games or even playing them on pc. I personally look forward to being able play my ps3 and 360 on the xb1 and ps4 again also those next gen games on console and pc. Sadly my parente gave my 360 and ps3 away whilst i was at uni. There are also a lot rare games i want to buy and play but being a uni drop out and working a dead end job i cant afford spending 200-300 on a old game i want to play. I hope to one day finish my degree and get a decent job so I can buy some off those games and also a wii u.
>>
>>322402830
mainly dreamcast becuase of the small amount of games and n64. Would do wii u too in the future for same reason
>>
I do collect games, but it happens unintentionally.

>buy a game, with intention of playing it
>never play it due to backlog of other games & not having enough time
>game remains untouched for a few months/years
>hear about it on the internet
>it's suddenly rare & valuable now
>now it stays on my shelf, sealed, forever.
>>
>>322405236
what the fuck he truly is based
>>
>>322402830
I do collect vidya, PS2 is my platform of choice with survival horror games being my particular area of interest (there are a lot of great survival horror games on the PS2).
>>
>>322402830
i got tons of games, i don't display them. they just get dirty and its much easier to put shit away instead of leaving it out.

i did pick up dot hack part 3, mega man anniversary and mario party 4 today for $55.

i collect for everything save for the pre nintendo systems. even in the mid 80's, nintendo just had to be better with more action and shit.

you name a system and i got it, but i've sold off TONS of my junk and shitty games over the years. i really wanted to have a complete NES collection since i was a kid, but since about 2005 i've just had this "80% of those games are shit, im not going to play them, why bother to collect" mentality and i do wonder why people would want to collect the shit games for systems. i mean, really, PS2 has a giant portion of shit titles, why would you want a complete set when you aren't even going to play them? why would you want all the unfun sports games that aren't JAM, mutant league and blood bowl?
>>
>>322409969
I wish they sold pc games as hard copies. When digital copies of pc games went big everything went wrong for me. I always played a few pc games but nearly all my games were on 360. I spent so much time completeing games 100% and get achivment points on the 360. I eventually decided to join in on the steam hype but for autistic reasons it bothered me having none of my achivments on steam. So i used all my money from my high school summer job to rebuy every possiable game I could on pc which i had on 360 and wasnt a exclusive and decided to replay them all close to 100%. I didnt add a single person on steam till i had 100% on steam because i didnt want them to think i was shit and didnt play many games. Not only did i waste a ton of money and time, i still dont have a single friend on steam or xb. I remember getting fits because some of my ahiv were only on uplay and origin. Im glad im not the same person i was 5 years ago. I cringe thinking about it.
>>
>>322402830
I really want to collect Playstation 1 and 2 games. I own a PC, but I'm a sonygger by heart. My most expensive game is Yakuza 2 CiB.
>>
i own a lot of games.

i'm obsessive. i used to be a frequenter of /vr/ and all that jazz. mostly ps1 games. I have all the Atlus games on ps1, and some of them are pretty rare. Rarest game I own is the first release of Pier Solar on the genesis (comes with the sega cd soundtrack thing), still sealed that I got straight from the developer when I visited them.

I'm autistic about my collection. I'm not even ashamed.
>>
>>322404538
/poverty/ over here
>>
File: 1451004622123.jpg (206 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1451004622123.jpg
206 KB, 1024x1024
Pete Dorr's collection is insane. I would never want that many games, because honestly how would I ever get to play through that many thousands? Anyway, as off topic as this is I also think he seems like a cool guy.

Anyway, I have a decent collection. I lost all of it a few years ago and i'm having to rebuild. Most of my stuff is from current and last gen. I don't know if I'll ever have enough money to collect any older games at this point. They're just to hard to get where I live and I don't want to pay ebay prices.
>>
I only have enough for 1 game, what should I get: MH4U, Bravely Default, or Fire Emblem Fates
>>
>>322414362
other rare game i have is the ps1 version of SMT:If... anniversary edition with all the extra shit with it. I've only really seen it once or twice on ebay, got it at a convention.

working designs, etc. Got all the jrpgs that matter on the ps1/snes/genesis, you name it i probably have it.

used to work at a used video games place and that's where I got most of my shit. If I had to appraise it, off the top of my head I had spent at least 3k on it so far, with the retro bubble as it is i could probably sell it off for 10k, depending on buyer.

i'm afraid i might be a hoarder like my mom, she has like 12 cats.
>>
>>322414192
Op here. Yeah so do I though I want to collect a few games for everything, particular games I like. Console and pc. I dont care about the while ps4 vs pc/ console vs pc crap. In my opinion its about the games not the platform. We all buy consoles and pcs for the same reason. To play good games.
>>
File: collection as of july 21.jpg (3 MB, 2473x2457) Image search: [Google]
collection as of july 21.jpg
3 MB, 2473x2457
1/2
>>
>>322414627
MH4 can last you hundreds of hours if you're into it.

Bravely Default is good from what I've heard, but the second half of the game really turns some people off of it.

Fire Emblem Fates is probably good, it's up to you want to wait a month.
>>
>>322414731
>Owning UMD Videos

Gamestop employee spotted
>>
File: new shit.jpg (821 KB, 1579x1339) Image search: [Google]
new shit.jpg
821 KB, 1579x1339
>>322414731
2/2

i need to update this
>>
I would probably collect games but I absolutely hate buying anything online. I check out my local flea markets at least once a week so that's where I do most of my game shopping. Current collection is quite small. Most games for one console is 17 for Wii. I have shit ton of games on steam though.
>>
>>322414731
a shame psp games are worth nil, and most ps3 games are.
>>
>>322414362
pfft

>most rare game i have is not even a REAL game

i hate when people like you who think their new releases for old systems are "rare". they aren't real games, they will never be as good as those systems were, as those games were.

fucking Atlus shit ain't that rare anyway. fucking tron bonne is rare nigga.
in fact, most of the rarest PS1 games have been coming DOWN in price over the last few years. suikoden 2 used to be well over $150 CIB and now its only about a little of $100.
>>
File: Sammlung.jpg (63 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Sammlung.jpg
63 KB, 800x600
My Games-Collection. 200+ Games
>>
>>322402830
Hell yeah, I do!
I collect games because I find their history interesting and more importantly I really like to play games based on what mood I'm in. Sometimes you're just in the mood to play a specific game whether it exists or not. By having a ton of games I can sate a large number of desired gaming experiences. To me, that's what life is, a series of experiences. I'm not talking about movie games either.
>>
>>322414731
>>322414861
How many of these games have you played? How many have you beaten? i'm always curious when people post huge collections like this
>>
File: rule.jpg (398 KB, 1133x1174) Image search: [Google]
rule.jpg
398 KB, 1133x1174
>>322414731
I can probably buy about more than half a shelf of all those games with just this one.
>>
>>322414952
PSP and PS3 are mostly worth junk, PSP all are, save for a few $50 CIB games and that is the higest shit. only other things are MAYBE system variants, but i don't know of ANYONE who collects for PSP when you can just hack it super fucking easy.

PS3? yeah, nah son nah.
PS3 games aren't going up in price ever, save for like a FEW collectors editions like ToX1 which is like $100+ for some fucking reason.

7th gen got hit the worst when it comes to rare and expensive games, save for like exceptions like XBC. no one will value 7th gen like we did 3rd-6th gen
>>
File: 010216193123.jpg (539 KB, 1344x2240) Image search: [Google]
010216193123.jpg
539 KB, 1344x2240
Here's my alright handheld collection with a bonus cat.
>>
>>322414861
That's a nice collection anon. Ignore the anon saying ps3 games are worth nill. Collecting is not only about the price its about collecting the games you enjoyed playing. There is a nice set of ps3 games there which are really fun. I also have a lot of umds. I use to work at a trade in store and bought them all after they got traded in.
>>
>>322415409
Actually NOW is the time to be picking up PSP games when no one wants them and they are dirt cheap. Its not about hacking it to play the game, its owning the official physical disc.
>>
>>322415000
>tron bonne rare

suikoden 2 is dropping in price because of release on psn, tron bonne is doing the same as well as any of the mega man legends games.

say what you want, but new releases of old consoles are still games. they even went through the effort of printing new carts instead of flashing over old carts. the effort in all the games that watermelon has put out makes a quality cart (not saying their other release they've recently had was worthwhile playing though...), better than any of those shitty EA yellow tab carts. Pier Solar is worth playing, even if you play it on PC (HD version), but I prefer playing it on the genesis for the nostalgia of playing ol' jrpgs on console.
>>
File: lia 11125.jpg (50 KB, 755x464) Image search: [Google]
lia 11125.jpg
50 KB, 755x464
>>322415263
not as many as i should, some games bought due to being cheap some games started but got bored/mood for another game, didnt go back.

im not a trophy hunter either since they have no purpose.
hell i bought like 10 games in the past week and havent started 80% of them.
bought trial of cold steel and played till chapter 2 and got bored of the constant talking, i just want to kill shit when i want, not go thru talking hoops.
>>
File: snes dream team.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
snes dream team.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I'd say i have one of the biggest snes PAL collections in sydney.
>>
>>322405236
>Final Fantasy 4
its final fantasy 8, dude Lil B is based god he knows what game is in the case.
>>
I buy games I plan on playing to completion.
I've only traded in like 2 games my entire life, so every game I've played is still here in display. I do consider it a neat collection, although it only dates back to the Dreamcast (with the exception of some Atari Lynx and Gameboy games). Pretty proud of it myself, since it shows my history with video games and not how much money I've spent
>>
>>322415409
The only 'rare' ps3 game I can think of is the english edition of Aquanauts Holiday (south asia release, didn't come to america :\ ) Other than that, shitty collectors editions that shouldn't rake in as much as they do.

>>322415676
A shame used PSP games are hit or miss with quality. They're like gba games except they can get scratched to hell - you'll never find a complete edition hat looks good unless you get lucky. Doesnt help that most used game places slap stickers on the boxart.

>>322415841
why are PAL snes games so much more expensive than US or JP? It's insane the price difference.
>>
>>322415974
Probably less were produced overall. And maybe the prices are compared to what they were when they were first bought.
Generally speaking most things are more expensive here in australia, but about 20 years ago i don't know what the economic situation was.
>>
>>322402830
Collecting first party Nintendo games up to the GCN era at least has become sort of a small hobby of mine.
>>
>>322414538
Pete does play most of his games, but he doesn't finish a good chunk of the them.

He uses the term "I couldn't get into it" a lot.
>>
>>322416481
have fun with the nintendo tax. no reason super mario 64 should be a 30 dollar game when it came free with the console/everyone had it and then some. when i worked at the game store we regularly had 10+ copies on hand for 30 dollars and people bought them.

same thing with earthbound, no reason that game should be 180 dollars cart only
>>
>>322415841
Can I fuck you?
>>
>>322416819
Yeah, that's why I've mainly been focusing on Gamecube. At least those are still somewhat cheap, at least compared to the other systems.
>>
>>322402830
I've sort of gotten into retro game collecting, but I don't intend on taking it really far and trying to get a complete set of games for a console or anything like that. I picked up Super Metroid CiB today, which I was happy about. There are a few other SNES classics that I want. The biggest purchase I see myself making in the near future is maybe Panzer Dragoon Saga, and probably no other Saturn games besides that. Maybe I'll buy Earthbound CiB someday.

I'll never go for the absurd items like Stadium Events CiB or the rarer Atari 2600 games unless I win the lottery.
>>
>>322415374
>Tfw game was effectively banned in Europe
>Tfw had to search Ebay for months on end to get a PAL copy

It was worth it though, such a unique game.
>>
>>322417297
keep an eye out for atari games, though, desu. a grand amount of them people don't know what they have (and there's not as many collectors for that system) and sometimes you can get lucky at garage sales/etc. you wouldn't believe the amount of people who would come into the store with a gem that we turned around and sold for mad dosh (the poor souls with sega saturn collections that thought they were garbage. RIP)
>>
File: mad.png (243 KB, 407x362) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
243 KB, 407x362
>>322415495
>He has double as many PS Vita games then I do
>>
>>322417390
i bought it for $120 a year ago and i thought i was crazy. Now its around 300 and going up. FEels good man
>>
>>322402830
I usually collect Nintendo games/consoles.... I have all Nintendo consoles except the Virtual Boy and Game and Watch systems. I have a frlew games for each system. Haven't counted how many for each, but most of my games are for the 3ds.

My brother has a few Sega systems - Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast. He has a few games for them. I also have a PS1 and PS2.
>>
>>322417746
My copy was about £90, I do slightly regret buying it because mine is an Italian copy and a few months after buying it, an English copy appeared online. The game never got released in England so it's fair to assume that there are only a handful of English copies in existence, I couldn't justify buying another one though, especially since it sold for an absurd price anyway.
>>
>>322416819
this

i've been collecting for 25 years now, any fucking game that was a launch title should NOT be more than $5.

i remember people having tons of copies of shit like contra and battletoads and stores want like $30 for those games.

it's why i go to flea markets and yard sales, so ii can buy those games before the resellers do and sell my games to people i know will play them cheap. melee? $25 instead of fucking $60 its at now. final fantasy 2? $18 instead of near $35

fuck the system, if you lower the prices and people buy games at those prices, then the prices go down. why do i have to make people happy by selling cheaper than retail stores? because they are all run by jew faggot resellers.

retro stores by fucking law have to sell them at X price not because of the fucking MARKET and SIPPLY N DEMUND but because they need to STAY IN BUSINESS!

all the times i've had retro stores by me, they have failed and i don't see the point in opening one in 2015 when this shit is out of control.
>>
I used to collect games, specially retro.
i still fucking love retro (those completed with box copies gave me a hard on), but the lack of time and money made me stop. I hardly even buy console games anymore, since I started using Steam.
>>
>>322418724
Dude, people would buy them at that price. And then some. If we got a copy of earthbound we sold it for 150+ the next day. A damn shame when we would get actual rare games they'd mostly be CD only (when I left they had just gotten a copy of panzer dragoon on sega saturn, disc only, stayed in their case for a year+ until they sold it on ebay).

Before DS got super popular I picked up a sealed copy of Shadow Tower for 10 bucks on ebay. Sells for over 80 now because of fromsoft hype. Fans pay an outrageous amount for shit, its insane.
>>
>>322418724
>melee? $25 instead of fucking $60 its at now. final fantasy 2? $18 instead of near $35

You could argue that it's not the resellers that are Jewing people, it's the schmucks at yard sales who don't know the actual value of their games.

Collectors are clearly willing to buy those games at those prices, so if you sell it for less, you're the one who's losing out.
>>
>>322419521
Its the schmucks that actually pay that inflated price. Its not 'collectors' paying that price, its normies that don't know shit.
>>
>>322419521
im not losing out on shit, i'm just wanting to give people a MORE THAN FAIR PRICE because i don't own a store and thus, no overhead with employees or other shit.

really man, i have a price guide from 2006 and you would fucking CRY at the prices listed in there.

the one i love the fucking most:

Magical Chase for the TG-16, probably one of the rarest games for any console.

2006: $250 CIB
2016: $8000 CIB easy
>>
When is this retro bundle going to burst already? $50 for Mario Kart 64 (cart only) is outrageous.
>>
>>322420363
dude
fuck me

$15-$20 fucking bucks! plus only the battle mode is fucking fun still, i can't play the tracks anymore, fucking worst RR too.
>>
File: RnwgLSY.jpg (979 KB, 3071x1727) Image search: [Google]
RnwgLSY.jpg
979 KB, 3071x1727
Elder Scrolls collection (really old pic)
Also got a Fallout collection going
>>
File: RnwgLSW.jpg (150 KB, 1896x916) Image search: [Google]
RnwgLSW.jpg
150 KB, 1896x916
Previously mentioned Fallout collection.
>>
>>322407731
this. holy fuck especially first party snes games
>>
>>322420131
That's definitely up there, but games like Stadium Events and Air Raid have it beat:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/66183/10-very-rare-and-very-expensive-video-games

There are some rich middle aged CEOs who are REALLY nostalgic for the Atari 2600.
>>
>>322422305
but those games are more well known now

magical chase isn't as sought after because it isn't on the fucking NES, but a niche system like the TG16, thank god.

only problem is, it's next to impossible to find TG games at all. i've only bought a handful of them in the last decade, less than 10 easily. fucking NEC.
>>
>>322402830
90% of that video was

>i couldnt get into it
>didnt know i even had this game
>bought it but never played it
>i got bored of it halfway
>>
>>322416921
do you have a vagoo?
>>
File: minigun.jpg (109 KB, 901x883) Image search: [Google]
minigun.jpg
109 KB, 901x883
>>322420363
probably when consoles die out and everyone who grew up with a console dies

>mfw i was looking through the prices of earthbound on ebay when i remembered gamestop, at one point, had a stack full of them for $20 each
>>
>>322422531
I sort of want to get into collecting the slightly more obscure consoles like the TG16, 3DO, and Jaguar. For the NES and SNES, I only want to buy the games I actually want to play or have some other attachment to, but for those other consoles, I'm sort of drawn in by the novelty factor alone.

I need to learn more about DIY electronics so I can make sure that all the shit I buy keeps working. That's a perpetual fear of mine, that all these retro games are just going to go up in smoke sooner or later...
>>
>>322421504
Embarrassing
>>
>>322402830
How's it going Pete?

I like all of his Ps2 videos. They're relaxing.
>>
>>322405236
He's like the real life Chad Warden
>>
>>322402830
all those games and this nigga didnt even have silent hill 2
>>
>>322423113
carts are generally easy to take care of compared to CDs. People talk about cd 'rot' but I've only ever seen it happen once in a poorly taken care of disc from a customer at work. Plus CD based systems are difficult to repair/tend to fuck up easily.

Fuck, one of my favorite systems was the Neo Geo Pocket, have most of the games for it, but sadly it never caught on in US.
>>
>>322420363
>This video game I want to buy costs as much as a video game >:(

I mean I get complaining about the high price of games like Panzer Dragoon Saga, because Saturn emulation sucks and there's no other way to play it. But $50 is not that much at all and Mario Kart 64 is on the Virtual Console anyway.
>>
>>322423441
xbox port was superior version anyway
>>
File: 1438734049920.png (367 KB, 757x564) Image search: [Google]
1438734049920.png
367 KB, 757x564
>never sold any of the older consoles and games because I wanted to keep them and replay them later
>miss a bunch of old games because money issues
>always thought buying those games later when job
>reach early 2000s
>some dudes start collecting games like crazy
>"hey guys! look at my 1000 game collection with pc games I bought for a 1 dollar! look the new games I bought! 5 Genesis games for 10 dollars :D"
>realize people are doing this for just collecting and not playing like those people who buy books, put them on the self and never cared about them again because it looks nice in the room
>notice that those genesis and snes are getting expensive in each year
>still manage to buy some old games
>prices keep rising
>notice in 2008 that some games that should be like 5 or 10 dollars are now 50 with "RARE COPY" in the title
>with the youtube boom things got worse with gamers doing videos and getting games for free from viewers
>some youtubers are happy and proud of their collections made by their viewers
>now some games are in dust with no use at all, they are just there on the self or boxes
It's understandable that you cant play everything at once and it takes time, but some idiots buy EVERYTHING even things they don't care just to add to their "i have a bigger penis than you collection". And now with resellers things got worse, specially with games with fewer copies like a Yakuza 2 or PDSaga.
>>
>>322423583
ps2 GH was the same thing as the xb port
>>
>>322405236
>NIer
>two copies of demon's souls
>vanquish
jesus i knew he was based but goddamn!
>>
>>322424047
>GH label
fucking big red ass label that fucks up the entire front cover, sry, I'll skip it.
>>
>>322424014
Just pirate at this point desu senpai
>>
>>322423507
you don't get it obviously, friend.

these games are OLD now and we should be paying like $5 tops for most of them. i remember paying fucking 25 cents a pop on NES carts back in the early to mid 90's for crying out loud, now i can't get most games for less than $3 a pop at flea markets.

i feel bad for anyone wanting to get into this now, its been bad for the last 5-7 years with prices shooting up and retards buying expensive games that shouldn't be that high.

fucking MK64 sold over 1 MILLION COPIES
it should NOT be anymore than $5.
>>
>>322424340
>all those games i remember being dirt cheap at gamestop and TRU that i never bought are now selling for hundreds of dollars now

a-at least theres flashcarts
>>
File: sowell.jpg (28 KB, 354x332) Image search: [Google]
sowell.jpg
28 KB, 354x332
>>322424340
>things should cost what /I/ want to pay for them, rather than what the market has determined to be fair

Prices, at least for a relatively free market like used games, are determined by what people are willing to pay. No more, no less.

Your opinion on what things "should" cost has no bearing on reality. They cost exactly what they're worth right now.
>>
>>322424171
I do that since early 2000s, because that's when I finally got a PC. That didn't stop me buying a few older games, that is until 2008 or so when shit started to hit the fan.
I was surprised a couple weeks ago that Y2, which I bought in 2009 for about 10 dollars, can be worth more than 100.
>>
>>322424340
If you just want to play the game, there's emulation and re-releases. Both cheaper than buying the original cart.

If you just want to have to cart to collect it, well, so do lots of other people, and these are the prices they're willing to pay. Collecting retro games is itself a game for people with disposable income, if you don't like it, you don't have to play.
>>
>>322424340
But then you gotta step back and realize these are luxury items. You can only get so mad at them but at the end of the day it's just video games, no ones starving because they paid what you feel is a lot for a game, or at least they shouldn't if they have their priorities in order.
It's all supply and demand now dude, if someone pays $80 for Conkeys BFD, it's because they feel they;ll have $80 worth of fun with it. If not they wouldn't buy it, no ones holding a gun to their head and making them purchase it.
That said I was collecting for 3 years and not once did I ever come across a Conkers BFD. Hell I even found Sculptors Cut but not one Conker.
>>
>>322424014
funny shit man, genesis shit is actually the secret cheap system to buy for. almost none of the games go over $100 with box and manual, some get close though.

and i fucking hate YT people getting free games, especially RARE games like grumps getting fucking shit like wildguns for free

i want free fucking rare games dammit, arin will just shelf that shit and have it collect dust while he makes dick jokes for 30 mins a week and makes 6 figures a month.
>>
File: 1438932642577.jpg (52 KB, 500x693) Image search: [Google]
1438932642577.jpg
52 KB, 500x693
>Clean out Gamestop as they were getting rid of all retro games

>Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, E.V.O Search for Eden, ect.

>mfw they are worth triple or so than what I got them for.
>>
>>322425201
funny thing, in the last 3 years, i came arcoss 6 conkers and 1 sculpters that i almost was able to buy at the same price as regular cf64, but right as the transaction was almost finished the manager noticed and said "NOPE".

if you label a game 4.99, im paying FOUR NINETY FUCKING NINE.
>>
>>322425263
It sucked so much to find out one of my favorite SNES games was rare and valuable. I played the hell out of it on an emulator as a kid and a couple years back I looked it up and it was around $200.
>>
>>322425201
> if someone pays $80 for Conkeys BFD, it's because they feel they;ll have $80 worth of fun with it.

Well, maybe not. I can assure you that the guy who paid $10,400 for Red Sea Crossing on the Atari 2600 did not think that he was going to have $10,400 worth of fun with Red Sea Crossing.
>>
>>322425567
that must have been in like 1997-98 man
i remember when they got rid of everything else though from 5th gen to late with 6th gen. shit, 5th gen clearing out was like 2006 or so, 6th gen only started in 2012 with the gamecube and THAT was a fun month going to every GS in my state and cleaning them out at 75% off.
>>
>>322421504
lmao
>>
>>322421504
This makes me feel dirty.

Fuck, maybe people are going to be paying $1,000 for those copies of Skyrim on eBay 20 years from now, and you'll be the one with the last laugh.
>>
>>322426037
i always wonder if 10 years down the line 8th games will be expensive as 4th & 5th gen games
>>
File: bullshit.gif (1002 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.gif
1002 KB, 500x283
>>322426037
Nothing that was released in the digital age is going to be worth a fucking thing 20 years from now.
>>
>>322426037
nah man, after 6th gen i REALLY doubt prices will get that high on AAA shit from nu bethesda

i could be wrong, but i just don't see it happening. these new games just don't have the same nostalgia i would think. do you see kids playing the older CoD games anymore? no, they move right on to the new one, same with AC and Halo.
>>
>>322425567
Duuuude. I got my Chibi-robo after they took Gamecue behind the shelf. I asked if they still had it and the guy reached right in front of him under his counter and handed it over. I think he was gonna buy it for himself or something. Crazy that it's up to $75 right now, got mine for $10.

>>322425651
Well like another anon brought up there's the people that collect, others that ''collect'', and then the people that will actually play the game. The latter are the ones that see the fun factor, the others see value and bragging rights. My roommate sold some sealed games to someone in Taiwan, high end sealed games. Then I heard on Pat the NES punks podcast about somebody in Taiwan amassing tons and tons of new or rare games in a huge warehouse. There's a straight up millionaire buying up rare new games more than likely as an investment.
>>
>>322425780

No it was around 2002-2005 something. They were all definitely gone when the Wii/PS3 came out. I dunno maybe some stores did it sooner than others. They couldn't even sell the only copy of Chrono Trigger for $60 so after the price was slashed I got it.
>>
File: 1442995373168.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1442995373168.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
>>322425263
>"oh yeah thanks for this rare game X5MrDude"
>months later
>"oh yeah, I still have to play that rare game, and that other one, and that oher one... oh boy I have so many games to review/letsplay I dont think I will do them that soon, probably in a couple years heh. and now I will play game of the month because comments said so and that shitty rom hack game"
>>
>>322426152
I dunno man, it's hard to predict the markets. A lot of what drives up the prices of the most expensive retro games is a) nostalgia or b) weird stories behind the games, being limited in quantity, etc. I think we've seen a lot less of b) since the end of the 5th gen. You're not going to see any PS4 games like Stadium Events or Birthday Mania that have super limited runs. It's become common practice to have "Collector's Editions" of new games for people who preorder, maybe those sets will be worth something someday, maybe not.

And going back to point a), some of it will depend on how these games are viewed in the future, how much intrinsic value is assigned to them. I wonder if kids who are growing up with the DLC/pay-to-win model are being trained to become less emotionally invested in games?
>>
>>322426369
i don't have cases or manuals for most of the GC games i got during the purge. most GS i went to were ordered back in Oct of 2011 to toss out the cases to "free up space" so any sports games i could grab for the GC were perfect for replacement cases.

certain shit man, like real GC cases are hard to find now, same with US saturn and sega CD cases.
>>
>>322426434
i don't remember seeing 4th gen shit in early to mid 00's
>>
File: andre_barnett2.jpg (36 KB, 278x278) Image search: [Google]
andre_barnett2.jpg
36 KB, 278x278
>>322426750
>>322426291
It's not about nostalgia, it's about the fact that the games are just a bunch of files in your SteamApps folder. No one will even need to buy this garbage in 20 years, it will just be part of ever-growing "Bethesda Legacy Collections" on Steam, nu-Steam, nu-Steam 2.0, etc.

There's honestly nothing to collect unless you want an empty box?
>that could be 3D printed
>>
File: 1451705568726.jpg (47 KB, 618x562) Image search: [Google]
1451705568726.jpg
47 KB, 618x562
>>322426805
>tfw kept all my Genesis, Game Boy, Gamecube boxes, everything
>tfw don't own anything rare, people only care about SNES games
>>
>>322424121
>tfw i got the GH cd but the regular case
best of both worlds family
>>
>>322427206
GH cd has the ugly red label too. worst of worst worlds, not having matching boxes. g r o s s
>>
>>322427109
Oh sure, if gaming goes all digital then that will be the end of collectible games. I think some developers will always do limited run physical copies as preorder bonuses though, but who knows if those will ever have collecting value.

But currently gaming is not all digital, there are still millions of physical games being sold for the Xbone, PS4 and Wii U, and those boxes and game discs might have collecting value one day.
>>
>>322427345
>being this autistic
>>
File: 3.png (90 KB, 393x381) Image search: [Google]
3.png
90 KB, 393x381
>tfw you realize collecting things is a completely pointless and hollow exercise

It's like... "wow, I own every SNES game ever made, annnnd I've got no one to share it with because I just wasted 20 years and my entire life savings building this collection"
>>
>>322402830

Yeah, I try to only collect things I actually play though.

My main systems are PS2, Saturn and SNES.
>>
>>322427438
I think that every game from the GC/PS2/XB generation onward will be digitized. It's already happening.

The reason I bring this up is that a "collector" in 2036 will have the option to buy, for example, physical copies of the original Gears of War 1, 2, and 3 at exorbitant prices due to rarity, or they could just buy the Complete Gears of War HD 3D Remastered Collection for the Xbox 7

I know that I currently buy such collections rather than hunting for the originals, because the value is fantastic. The fact that game developers even produce these collections only goes to show that to them, these games are worthless. Therefore, it stands to reason that you'll one day be able to buy entire series of old games for next to nothing on new consoles.

I think most people will go that route, but sure, the autistic collectors for physical copies will still be out there, so some people will likely make an extra 50 bucks here or there for selling their old shit from the early 2000's.
>>
>>322427497
It's about as pointless and hollow as any other game. The things that this board is dedicated too.

That is, collecting should be viewed as a game, hunting down the best prices, unexpectedly finding rare games at thrift stores and yard sales, etc.
>>
>>322427107

Well then your stores were shit I guess. Though speaking of stores thank god for Disc Replays and other similar stores still selling retro games. Gamestop can continue to fuck off.
>>
>>322427497
I own every NES, SNES and N64 game released in NA. Don't feel like I wasted anything.
>>
>>322426750
its funny, future reviews of current games:

>hey huminoids! it's me balzerk812 reporting from system j7930. went back to earth to grab a few things before the gelgameks found me, but this is something truly rare!

>it's a video...vid- uh.... game, vido game from when i was a child 50 years ago in 2015. it's called Bloodborne and it was for a Playstation 4. Now, as we all know, the PS4 was Sony's greatest and worst system to date at that point, but everyone loved BB as that was the systems sole game. all others were erased in the console wars of 2027 when the game systems gained sentience and killed a vast majority of dark dwellers, poor bastards.

>anyway, it had this feature where you could add new content via the old net infrastructure we had, before we learned of FTL transmissions in 2036. this new content was pretty "rad" as we said in those days. it's unfortunate though i can't show you any footage as the servers were shut down a half century ago. i mean, really, why wouldn't they let us keep actual backups in case of this happening like G4B-EN of Steamworld allowed his collective to do with their minds?

>uh oh, gotta hypejump it outta here, looks like those gelgameks were the least of my concerns. fucking time bandits, worse than the megacorps. anyways, keep on hacking the cybernet as always. phase out!
>>
>>322427181
that is good you kept boxes though, i tossed all mine because mine thought was "why would i want to keep opening the box all the time, it just gets in the way"
>>
>>322427938
Remember that the scenario you describe already exists for retro games (5th gen and earlier) though. You can download and emulate the ROM for any game you can name, all the way from the most common to the most obscure. So the only reason people collect games now is because of autism and disposable income, so I was carrying over the assumption that people who collect games in the future will also do so due to autism, even though there will be much cheaper options for actually playing the games, as you describe.
>>
>>322428249
JUST
>>
>>322427497

There's different kinds of collectors
>>
>>322428114
>this entire post
>/reddit/
>>
>>322428030
Yo, you have Stadium Events? Do you have a Nintendo World Championship cart?
>>
So what do you guys think of my collection? Shit looks small in comparison to most. Going for a full PS2 set. What do you guys think I still need?
1/2
>>
>>322428491
What's up with the yellow Gamecube case?
>>
>>322428491
I think there's at least one PS2 SMT game you're missing. Devil Summoner or something.
>>
>>322428347
>>322428016
They all become hoarders eventually.
>>
File: zlCfzTZWKb8tYdQw7c.jpg (72 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
zlCfzTZWKb8tYdQw7c.jpg
72 KB, 400x240
>>322428312

>Megaman X 3 released on Wii U VC at last

>Maybe the price will go down!

>It's still going up
>>
>>322428654
the 'best hits' versions pretty much. reprints.

>>322428491
godspeed bro, ps2 has the biggest library.
>>
>this thread
>actually talking about video games on /v/

Well I'll be damned.
>>
>>322428654
They're the "Player's Choice" editions.

ie. "I didn't buy this game at launch so I got the version that single mothers get for their children two years after release because it was in the bargain bin."
>>
File: 1394898102015.jpg (39 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1394898102015.jpg
39 KB, 500x484
>>322428491
>Going for a full PS2 set

Isn't that multiple thousands of games?
>>
>>322428762
No, I mean the one that looks like it's wrapped in yellow paper.
>>
>>322428795

It's because that one carpet faggot isn't showing off again.
>>
>>322428854
Yeah, but PS2 is my favorite console and its really easy to find PS2 games in abundance/
>>
>>322428491

Looks like you're missing SH3

I'd get Clocktower 3 as well while it's sitll at a decent price.

The rest of the Onimusha games

Shinobi and Nightshade

Fatal Frame series

the original Katamari

Musashi: Samurai Legend

Yakuza 1 if you can find a decent price

Steambot Chronicles

Skygunner
>>
>>322428020
i ain't got nothing like that or bookmans
its all retro stores that i have to make sure are slipping on prices. my local store at least i got good prices because of B2G1 and adjusting prices. they wanted fucking $60 of a CIB copy of dot hack part 3 which is about $30-$35 right now. i also got a mispriced pokemon stadium 2 for $8 when its about $30~
>>
File: opinion.jpg (78 KB, 832x584) Image search: [Google]
opinion.jpg
78 KB, 832x584
>>322428491
>no rise to honor
>>
>>322428709
Honestly it's weird to think that the VC would drive prices down. Everyone who just wants to play the game has been able to do so on an emulator for a while now. The only people who care about the cart are collectors - precisely the market who wouldn't care about a VC release.
>>
>>322428704

Nah, I sell 90% of the games I don't play.

The only ones I hang onto are ones that'd be difficult to find again for a fair price. Like I have SOTN on Saturn but I probably wont sell it anytime soon because the price shot up after I bought it
>>
>>322428312
If you're me, and you buy all of your games legally, there is something that can be legitimately said about games from the PS2/GC/XB generation and earlier: they have NOT all been digitized as of yet (by legitimate publishers).

So there are some games that I actually can't play without going back and buying the original N64 cartridge, PS1 disk, etc.

That means that suddenly I, a gamer, am in the very same market as actual collectors, and that can only serve to drive the average price of old games up.

People like me will exit the market as time goes on, because more and more of these currently PURELY PHYSICAL games will become available on shit like PSN or Steam.
>>
>>322429152
>If you're me, and you buy all of your games legally,

I can respect that. Granted, I don't follow the same guidelines myself. I'm as vehemently anti-piracy as you can get for newer games that are still being sold, but for out of print games that the developers no longer make money off of, I see nothing wrong with emulating. In fact, I think it's a vital public service that people rip these ROMs and build emulators, so that these games aren't lost to the sands of history.

But in spite of all that, I still respect your choice. Sort of makes me nostalgic for the pre-internet days when the only way to play a game was to actually, you know, have the game. It made your game collection worth something.
>>
>>322428491
>Shadow Hearts Covenant
What happened with that case?
And was 360 a mistake?
>>
>>322428491
2/2

I forgot I need to take a pic of my GBA collection
>>
>>322429709
Shit. Forgot the pic. Here it is
>>
>>322429106
that shouldn't matter, the PSP version i believe IS the same as the saturn version, so you wouldn't be losing out at all by buying that, just not playing it on a saturn and on a psp/vita/vita tv
>>
>>322429867

I don't like the PSP's layout, the buttons feel bad to me

I might use it in a trade or something in the future. I'd always rather trade with another collector if I can than throw it on ebay.
>>
File: photo.jpg (795 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
795 KB, 2592x1936
tfw nothing collectible
>>
>>322429615
I wish I knew what happened to the case. Thats how it came. It was $5 so I said fuck it. And 360 was a alright console. I really miss being in Xbox Live parties with friends.
>>
File: GB, GBC, GBA, & Game Gear.jpg (4 MB, 4498x2181) Image search: [Google]
GB, GBC, GBA, & Game Gear.jpg
4 MB, 4498x2181
1/5
>>
>>322430519
2/5
>>
>>322429827
By far, the crown jewel of my collection
>>
File: PS2, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, & PS1.jpg (4 MB, 2798x4186) Image search: [Google]
PS2, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, & PS1.jpg
4 MB, 2798x4186
>>322430731
3/5
>>
File: sad luigi.png (61 KB, 199x224) Image search: [Google]
sad luigi.png
61 KB, 199x224
I do, but unfortunately I'm moving out soon so I can't bring all my shit with me

trust me familys
do not start collecting crap whilst living with a parent
>>
>>322420363
you mean bubble? Never. Physical games are subject to supply and demand. There are plenty of copies out there but collectors tend to COLLECT the things. I collect because as a kid my parents would constantly pawn my things to pay for cigs and bills. If i wanted a new game i had to save my allowance ($20 a week) and if i didn't have the discipline of waiting 3 - 4 months i ended up selling some. Now that im an adult with disposable income whats to stop me?
>>
Collectorfags, when you get a collector's edition box, do you either:

a) Take the game out and put it on the shelf separately

or

b) Leave the game in the collector's edition box
>>
File: collection.png (11 KB, 631x141) Image search: [Google]
collection.png
11 KB, 631x141
>>322402830
>>
>>322431051
A. Though I don't have many boxes.
>>
>>322431051
I rarely buy them, but when I do, I keep it sealed and buy a 2nd copy of the game to play.

I have a special edition Bayonetta that came with a Scarborough Faire replica pistol, I never opened it and just played a 2nd copy.
>>
does pete have autism?
>>
File: 20151128_215459.jpg (3 MB, 2390x4250) Image search: [Google]
20151128_215459.jpg
3 MB, 2390x4250
>>322431051
B but starting to think otherwise. Thinking of selling some of this shit off cos its 75% collectors edition boxes and 25% actual games.
>>
>>322431436
be weary though, most collectors editions are worth shit now, usually less than when you paid new for them unless it's something like Ni No Kuni's CE
>>
>>322405236
> All this good taste
Who is this man?
>>
>>322427497
its about the hunt anon. Not the trophy's. Look at the amiibo collectors, they love how scarce that stuff is. They KNOW not everyone is going to complete their collection. They may complain but then love pre-ordering and F5ing ebay every 5 mins. They do it for the hunt. The hunt is a game in and out of itself.
>>
>>322431667
I'm not too bothered about making money off of it, it's literally cos it's from a stage where I would buy literally any collector's edition because i was an even bigger autist than i am now. Killzone 3, Dead Rising 2 are two notable examples. I don't even like Killzone I have no idea why I bought that shit.
>>
File: Redman.jpg (8 KB, 480x358) Image search: [Google]
Redman.jpg
8 KB, 480x358
>PeteDorr makes a video about RPGs
>no PC games
shit taste
>>
>>322429030
i did notice when xenoblade chronicles 3DS came out the wii version dropped for $150 on ebay to like $90. The European VC version probably contributed to that too.
>>
File: NES.jpg (4 MB, 4690x2080) Image search: [Google]
NES.jpg
4 MB, 4690x2080
>>322430905
4/5
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-02+at+11.19.39).jpg (17 KB, 281x273) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-02+at+11.19.39).jpg
17 KB, 281x273
>>322406470
>>
File: SNES.jpg (4 MB, 6760x2063) Image search: [Google]
SNES.jpg
4 MB, 6760x2063
>>322432478
5/5
>>
>>322431027
shit i meant $20 a month
>>
>>322428460
Yes and yes (gold)
>>
>>322405236
He has all the localized Yakuza games.... even Yakuza 2. His power level is astronomical!
>>
File: 1422921939719.jpg (144 KB, 636x1226) Image search: [Google]
1422921939719.jpg
144 KB, 636x1226
>>322405236
>Maken X

I wonder if he actually plays them all.
>>
I'm probably gonna sell most of these since I've beaten most of them.
>>
>>322430387
I see.
About the Xbox, 360 seemed a disappointment to me compared to hueg's exclusives.
>>322430731
>that Sonic & Knuckles'case
My mother threw into the garbage that shit because "but son, that was just paper". After explaining that was actually the case and that the game was on the console because I was always playing it, she never threw things without asking me first.
>Dreamcast
Where ar-
>those 3 thin cases
Damn. I am used to those huge blue plastic stuff.
>>322431051
I only have few collector editions or special. But if I play the game often then I let out. If not, inside the box.
>>
>>322435576
I don't own many Dreamcast games because I have most of the ones I want to play burned. I never got around to picking up a legit copy of Shenmue before the price shot up, and now I'm not even going to bother anymore.

Dreamcast is definitely one of my favorite systems though. I love that little fucker.
>>
>>322435434
really if that's the case throw me an e-mail ill buy a few things off you
>>
>>322404682
I'm tempted to buy a mega drive with all the addons. Good idea?
>>
>>322402830
I collect some games but I don't hoard.
>>
>>322415790
>not as many as i should,
This always the answer you hoarding faggots give, you know damn well how many you beat fucker.
>>
File: Extra Crap.jpg (55 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Extra Crap.jpg
55 KB, 600x450
>>322435873
I'm still deciding since I still want something to keep on a shelf, but some games aren't in the pic like these which I am selling.
>>
>>322430243
>tfw I save up those gossipe magazines so I can rip out pages and cum on hot womens faces
Can I have those f a m
>>
>>322430939
>Moving out
why?
>>
>>322435773
>Shenmue's price
Oh shit...I forgot about that. Now I am afraid of replaying 1 and 2 because some cd will not work.
I had like 40 Dreamcast games, but at least 5 of them stopped working and 2 of them were Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Power Stone1.
But yeah, Dreamcast is also my fav console
>>
File: vita collection.jpg (117 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
vita collection.jpg
117 KB, 1328x747
>>322402830
>>
File: trails of cat steel.jpg (103 KB, 1250x703) Image search: [Google]
trails of cat steel.jpg
103 KB, 1250x703
>>322437306
my most recent acquisition
>>
>>322437018
Nah man, that's from my e-gf from my teens!
>>
>>322402830
I don't collect in general. Rather, I have a set of consoles I collect for, and a specific list of games that I'm buying up. Mainly so I can grow old and play good vidya with the wife.

Anyway, My platforms of choice are:

>PS1/PS2
>(OG)Xbox/360
>Gamecube/Wii
>PSP
>GBA/DS

Thinking of adding the SNES to the list, but shit's expensive ATM. So I'm thinking of sticking to emulation for now and waiting a few years to see if the retro bubble pops. If not, then I'll DEFINATELY stick to emulation.
Also really leaning towards Genesis, since that shit's all dirt cheap right now and maybe NES too, since there's only like 5 semi expensive games that I want (So I'd get a retron 5 or something for ALL of that old shit) But I'm on the fence, as there's only like 8 Genesis games that I'll actually still play, and NES games...
Well I like them, but I played them so much in my youth, that I'm just burned out on them right now.
Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.