[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: The Last of Us.jpg (73 KB, 626x352) Image search: [Google]
The Last of Us.jpg
73 KB, 626x352
Is it good?
>>
Yep. Has some AI and pacing problems, but it's a must play.
Specially if you like ladders.
>>
Yes it is. Not a 10/10 but a really enjoyable experience.
>>
>>345463851
Its alright, feels slow, but thats the point. I wouldnt play through it again, Joel in my opinion is one of my favorite protags even if his reasoning at the end was wonky, but I can look at it from a morally grey perspective and be okay with it.

Multiplayer made me shit fury until I got gud.
>>
File: Game of ALL gen.gif (3 MB, 230x233) Image search: [Google]
Game of ALL gen.gif
3 MB, 230x233
>>345463851
no
>>
It has a decent story, maybe great if you have never read jack shit like all video games have
Little to no replay value though since there's little to no agency and lots of parts boil down to walking and talking
>>
>>345463851
It's a good movie but a bad game
>>
It's one of the most average games I've ever played but has some of the best acting in I've ever seen in a game.
>>
File: Thank you Druckmann.gif (4 MB, 639x354) Image search: [Google]
Thank you Druckmann.gif
4 MB, 639x354
>>345463851
10/10 Druckmann's a story telling genius
>>
>>345464150

lol epic meme dude xD whats ur 9gag account
>>
>>345464189
I should say that only applies to the base game.
>>345464242 reminded me how bad and fan fictiony the DLC is.
>>
Does anyone have that cringey video where some neckbeard goes on about how Ellie responding to shining a flashlight in her face makes TLOU the greatest game of all time, and how this game made him want to have a daughter?
>>
>>345464629
This?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sJA-C1yrtk
>>
>>345463851

It's okay.

Good characters that you get invested in.

A semi-realistic (perhaps leaning towards the overly grim) depiction of a societal collapse.

A compelling and well-written protagonist with genuinely interesting relationships.

A few interesting gameplay elements. Isolating and picking off human enemies one by one is fun.

It, however, has wonky combat and slow, clunky controls. The shooting isn't ideal, and it has random RPG elements that don't really make sense in the setting. The storyline has the illusion of depth due to emotional manipulation. The game pretends to be cynical about human nature, but it has a general malaise of feel-goodiness to it.

I do think it's a game most people should play once.
>>
>>345465087
That's it. Thanks.
>>
>>345465087
This is so awful I don't even know where to begin
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZNZC0dlpRI
>>
Yeah it's pretty good. Linear as all hell which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The AI is interesting to say the least for human enemies, but that's the only serious flaw in the gameplay I would say.

Would give it a 7/10 - on the old rating scale, not the modern scale that ranges from 6-Paid Review.
>>
File: maximum spider.gif (725 KB, 200x197) Image search: [Google]
maximum spider.gif
725 KB, 200x197
>>345463851
It's an ok game. Basically what this anon >>345467470 said.

>>345464453
gb2 reddit
>>
I like that the world looks gorgeous in natural beauty via vegetation and animals rather than a post-apocalyptic wasteland,
>>
>>345463851
Bit of a mediocre slog. Worth one playthrough but at no point will you feel challenged. It's a story game first and foremost and the limited combat, which could have been fun is often short and over with in an instant.
>>
>>345463851

Yeah it is. People here will meme and shit on it and say it's a movie and stuff like that, but they're wrong
>>
It's a 7/10.
The gameplay is pretty been-there-done-that, but it worths a playthrough.
>>
it's pretty good, you also get to see lolis kiss in the DLC
>>
I just bought a ps3 to play this for the first time and it seems alright. Literal movie sim so far though
>>
>>345468497
>It's okay when the west does it

Oscar bait the movie, the video game.
It's an okay game, but everything about it was made to appeal to western critics.
>>
>>345468395
this. Maybe an extra point for really great graphics.
>>
came for the story stayed for the multiplayer
>>
>an actually good vidya thread on /v/

It only happens when the dust has settled desu
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.