[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /wakes up every day still furious/ here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: age_bg_tpp.jpg (277 KB, 1400x764) Image search: [Google]
age_bg_tpp.jpg
277 KB, 1400x764
Who /wakes up every day still furious/ here.
>>
I could have forgiven it all if there had just been like 5 or 6 decent boss fights.
>>
>>345461427

Fucking memeheads complained about MGS4 being like a movie so Kojishit went to the other extreme and made it a silent protagonist game
>>
File: clo.jpg (11 KB, 498x121) Image search: [Google]
clo.jpg
11 KB, 498x121
>>345461427
Who /wakes up every day and still enjoys it for what it is and was able to mod away the few gameplay flaws that the game has/ here?

I honestly didn't think the story was that bad, aside from some laughable execution it was what you'd expect from an MGS game. It wasn't what we expected from the trailers but I would argue that's not a bad thing.
Too bad about the cut content though.
>>
>>345461427

I still haven't gotten around to playing it. When it was announced I was hype for like a year and a half straight. When it got closer to release and it was clear the story wasn't going to be meaningful, I started losing interest.

After finding out about the tweest, I just can't get into the idea of playing it.

I also would Anna finish GZ for the unlockables but I find playing the same area over and over again a slog.
>>
>>345461427

If you expected it to be any different gameplay or depth wise from Peace Walker you can really only blame yourself.

MGS as it was basically ended with MGS4, awful an execution as that was.
>>
>>345461802

The cut content is what gets to me the fucking most, didn't they even try to pretend there was no chapter missing?
>>
>>345461867
Pretty much the same for me, I only played the first hour or so of the game but lost interest with the whole "open world" aspect and after seeing the cut ending stuff leaked it really bummed me out.

Also fuck that whole "Big Boss is the medic" twist.
>>
>>345462170

Everyone knew Kojima was gonna put in a twist that would partially explain the future events of the series, but it was such a fucking irrelevant explanation for an irrelevant event.

No one really cared that Snake seemed to kill Big Boss in MG1 but then he came back in MG2, it wasn't considered a plot hole, people just assumed that because Snake was a rookie he couldn't finish the job against Big Boss.

At least if there's gonna be two Big Bosses leave it open to interpretations, like "was the Big Boss who died at the cemetery Venom or the real Big Boss? Is the real Big Boss still alive?". Instead we were just spoonfed in the credits "yeah they're both dead lol"
>>
File: 1403486387257.png (1 MB, 901x601) Image search: [Google]
1403486387257.png
1 MB, 901x601
>>345461802
Infinite Heaven is great, I hadn't played so much mgsv since release.
if only this game wasn't so difficult to create mods for, though
>>
As time has passed, I feel like I only remember the good parts.

That's fine.
>>
File: spaghetti.webm (611 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
spaghetti.webm
611 KB, 854x480
>>345461867
>>345462170
You should stop getting influenced by other people shitposting about the game. At the very least, Chapter 1 is a superb experience on all fronts.

>Big Boss is the medic twist
It wasn't hard to see that coming but on the other hand, I have nothing against it. It explains why BB is alive in MG2 and the way the cinematic was set was a neat little nod and shoutout to the fans. (You're Big Boss too!)
I honestly don't get all the hate for it.

>>345463004
Yeah, there's a lot of cockblocking going on when it comes to mods.
Must be because of the tie in with the online mode. People modding in all S++ ranked soldiers are pieces of shit though.
Only mods I'm using are things that raise difficulty, make the open world a lot more interesting and some UI / graphics stuff.
>>
File: Venom-Smoking.gif (188 KB, 500x311) Image search: [Google]
Venom-Smoking.gif
188 KB, 500x311
>>345461427
I recently started playing again with the infinite heaven mod. Pretty fun actually specially using the extra options like tank/heli/apc patrols and other nice things.
>>
>>345463436

I agree on the twist. I had it spoiled for me before I even got the game and knew it playing through. I found it enhanced the game as I got the double meaning in so much dialogue that would have flown right over the head of someone going in blind. there's actually a shit ton of clues so I don't understand people who say it came out of nowhere.
>>
>>345463436
What mods are you using besides IH ?
>>
You know what would've been amazing though?
A way to bring another Diamond Dog soldier as a buddy, like a coop player in Peace Walker, but as an npc. It would've made all those men you've been kidnapping less useless
>>
>>345461427
AS I BECOME MORE PRESENT NOW
I CAN'T SEE THROUGH THE PAIN
>>
File: 1443498395160.gif (4 MB, 470x255) Image search: [Google]
1443498395160.gif
4 MB, 470x255
>>345463901
"Distant sunlight shadows"
"Notification suppressor"
"Yet another weather mod"

>>345463894
I kinda pieced it together from the trailers (I only figured out it wasn't going to be BB, didn't know about medic) but I wasn't entirely sure until you run into the Boss' AI pod.
Eli's paternity test removed all doubts. And like you've said there's so much clever dialogue that points towards it so I kinda assume that Kojimbles wanted attentive players to figure it out before the truth mission.
>>
File: 200% slam.jpg (46 KB, 487x720) Image search: [Google]
200% slam.jpg
46 KB, 487x720
>>345465196
best song
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.