[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witcher 3 sells 10 million copies, most on PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: everest.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
everest.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>“We were totally overwhelmed because, honestly, we were not expecting such a degree of success. But sales-wise, The Witcher series has sold over 20 million worldwide, out of which almost half of it is from The Witcher 3. So we practically doubled the sales of the series.”

>“Consoles began for real with PS2 from Sony, and then with X360. PS wasn’t available for everyone. It was an expensive toy with expensive games. I was already distributing games at that time and I remember what was the expenditure for video games. PS was available for more affluent people and PS2 was available for the masses and started to develop this market. However, the PC still holds strong. Most of The Witcher sales are for the PC, though consoles started selling very well. “

B-but pirates clearly are to blame for shit pc sales!

https://archive.is/yxyU6

How will Denuvo cucks recover?
>>
>>345449856
>Witcher 3 sells 10 million copies, most on PC
>most on PC
>CDP is console dev and don't give a fuck about PC due downgrading graphics, adding awful console like combat, having bad optimization due engine doesn't use cpu utilize at all while gpu is always at 99%.

CDP fuck off and work on your shitty console ports because you code your games with a stones smashing them at keyboards it's a miracle it even works
>>
>>345449856
The Witcher would've sold 20 million with Denuvo.
>>
>>345450443
TW3 is pretty well optimized senpai.
>>
>>345450443
Combat was never advertised as an elaborate combat system.
Why you so mad?
Just enjoy the story, dialogue and the visuals.
There are other games for complex combat.
>>
>>345450697
so why it runs like shit on low-mid end pcs? while gta v looks much better and runs at 60-100fps?

>Witcher 3 fagboys on suicide watch
>>
>>345450469
Proofs?
>>
>>345450864
lad, you serious?
I played through Witcher 3 on High at 30~60FPS depending on area on a fucking AMD Phenom II 955 and a 750Ti. That CPU is from 2009.
>>
>>345450829
because i had to play on easy to skip most dogshit part of a game - combat, game forces you to fight every 5minutes, and not just one enemy but a whole army of copy pasted enemies, then all my intrest in playing w3 dies once again. Dialogues are great, story is really good, visuals are all right but combat is utter garbage and ruins that game.
>>
>>345450972
Oced 7850@1050mhz + i5 [email protected]
>Witcher 3 = 30-40fps low settings
>Gta V = 55-100 fps high/vhigh settings

Nvidia/CDP it's meant to be bribed.
>>
>>345449856
>Most of The Witcher sales are for the PC, though consoles started selling very well. “
The Witcher SERIES sold more on PC. Witcher 1 was not on consoles, Witcher 2 was only on 360, Witcher 3: http://steamspy.com/app/292030
>Consoles sold 8 million out of the 10
>>
>>345451160
gta v is a pastgen game tho
>>
>>345451238
I'm just gonna wait for someone else to point out how retarded your post is.
>>
>>345451238
>Steam
I hope it's just an act, Anon.
>>
>>345451263
Engine got heavy lifting so it looks like current gen game, gta v runs great and looks better than witcher 3 is all that matter. Rockstar at least cares about all PC gamers since they made most optimized AAA game in recent years, it utilize both cpu and gpu, while witcher doesn't even use cpu (30-70% usage)
>>
>>345451314
>>345451356
You're welcome to provide other sales numbers
You'll need 2 more million to match consoles.
>>
>>345451449
it's still a pastgame game made with xbox 360 in mind
same goes for a mgs 5, it's run so well becaue it's a pastgen game
>>
>>345451449
>Rockstar at least cares about all PC gamers
yeah that's why they never released rdr on pc and delayed pc port of gta v
>>
>>345450972
No you didn't. Not even at 720p.
>>
>>345451468
https://www.gog.com/news/news_gog_galaxy_home_to_over_half_of_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_pc_gamers
>>
File: y17mujg.png (78 KB, 954x681) Image search: [Google]
y17mujg.png
78 KB, 954x681
>>345451813
I don't have my 750ti installed anymore, it's sitting there in the corner but the rest is still here.
Yes I did.
>>
>>345451937
No you didn't.
>>
>>345452007
yes I did
>>
>>345451616
you have no idea what you are talking about, you first make game for current gen and then after you are done youdowngrade game to run on old gen, CDP is just incompetent and even if w3 would be on xbox360/ps3 nothing would change with awful pc port, game would still perform badly on low/mid ends
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.