[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>lets nerf the most balanced hero in the game but leave all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
File: JUST FUCK MY OVERWATCH UP FAM.jpg (73 KB, 392x350) Image search: [Google]
JUST FUCK MY OVERWATCH UP FAM.jpg
73 KB, 392x350
>lets nerf the most balanced hero in the game but leave all the broken heroes like tracer/pharah/zarya and roadhog unchecked
Why are Blizzard so incompetent?
>>
Link to patch notes?
>>
>>345444891
All those others have counters but soldier doesn't.
>>
He gets ult charge from healing with his biotic field tho so it balances out, and most people shoot full-auto with him anyways so the spread nerf doesn't matter
>>
>>345445036
easily countered by a good genji
>>
>>345444891
>Tracer
Hello console shitter.
>>
JUST
>>
>>345445141
not with rockets melting their feet, genjis have to come down sometime, and the rest of the time you just heal with biotic field.
>>
>>345445012
longer time for ultimate charge, but healing charges ultimate. also longer time for crosshairs to reach center, instead of instantly
>>
>>345445256
keep deflect ready,use it, allow soldier to hurt himself, then get very close, do melee range combo with headshot=dead soldier
>>
>>345444952
>>345445012
I think they're fixing so you can't burst fire anymore for pin point accuracy
>>
His cross hair change affects noone other than people using the burst fire script.

His ult actually charges a lot faster now, and he can reliably build it up more easily after the change.

The same goes for roadhog and bastion.

Git gud OP, soldier is even better than before now.
>>
>>345445373
deflect doesn't do shit
>>
>>345445141

It's a bit of a bell curve.

A bad S76 will kill a bad Genji
An okay Genji will kill an okay S76
An amazing S76 will kill an amazing Genji

Most pros have said this
>>
>>345444891
Good, as someone with Soldier 76 in my top 5 played heroes, that burst firing is bullshit and should be fixed.
>>
>>345445379
there's just going to be slightly less recenter speed, you can still burst fire
>>
>few people use burstfire macro
>still easily possible even without it
>reddit police come in and demand this non-issue be stopped
>buff mccree to have nearly 0 damage falloff with his 0 bullet spread
>mccree now is the strongest dps at mid-long range, while being solid at close range due to flash+headshot
why do they got such a fucking boner for mccree that he needs to be the strongest dps character at all times?
>>
File: 1445239180881.jpg (59 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1445239180881.jpg
59 KB, 540x720
>>345444891
Can someone please explain to me where all these apparent changes are taking place?

Ive just been playing normal OW and have no idea wtf anyone is on about these days
>>
>>345446213
deflect when used right after they fire rocket knocks their HP down fast. Never met a soldier i couldn't kill as genji with that combo
>>
>>345446694
PTR
>>
When will the PTR shit go live?
>>
>>345445398
>only people with the script are affected
Shitter spotted, I've been testing him in the PTR and the nerf really hurts his ability to deal with widows and other heroes at extreme range. He already has damage dropoff, why nerf him further?

rank 72 btw
>>
File: c957c135ce[1].jpg (64 KB, 620x475) Image search: [Google]
c957c135ce[1].jpg
64 KB, 620x475
>zarya

Have you tried not shooting her shields?
>>
>>345446506
I guess Blizzard just doesn't know what to do with him.
He was a counter to offense heroes like Tracer and Reaper but could kill tanks easily too. They want to change the latter but their balance patch does the complete opposite. Now they give him better range.

maybe they just said "fuck this, he's going to kill stuff from afar while fucking up flanks/enemies closing in with his stun but only if he's with his team"
>>
>>345446506
S76 shouldn't have had his spread changed, but McCree needed the buff.

His right click is useless now, good players exclusively left click. He is basically just a worse S76. The stun is only useful for killing Tracers, and worst of all, his ult is garbage.
>>
>>345446506
They used to have a boner for gimping McCree into irrelevancy.
>>
>>345446881
Thanks for the feedback anon. You make some good points.
>>
>>345445141
>I'm rank 40
I hope you realize a good soldier is the counterpick for genjis at rank 70+
>>
>>345444891
>lets nerf the most balanced hero in the game but leave all the broken heroes like tracer/pharah/zarya and roadhog unchecked

How is that rank 40 treating you?
>>
File: 8.jpg (56 KB, 738x703) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
56 KB, 738x703
make tracer more vulnerable to mccree flashbang.
A good tracer always manage to rewind before I can kill her with fan the hammer.
>>
>>345447381
Don't use FTH on tracer, do a headshot LMB.
>>
>>345445104
The only thing this nerf changes is that 76 can't full-auto somebody at longer ranges.
Boo fucking hoo.
>>
How come many high rated players play really bad? I've met several above 70 in rating who play like shit, once you break out of the 60-zone it's really easy to climb higher
My theory is that a lot of good players who play with randoms end up there because their teammates are shit.
>>
>>345447137
McCree needed a buff but I don't feel it was the right thing to buff. His FTH is still worthless against people who don't have one foot in the grave.
>>
How badly did burst fire get nerf? If I have to wait more than 1 second for bullet spread to reset then I might as well hold the fire down
>>
>>345447475

I guess I'll attempt it, but I don't think I could pull it off in the short time I have with the flashbang. I can bearly do any damage whatsoever to her with fan the hammer during the stun.
>>
>>345446929
>don't shoot her shields
>die
>about to kill their mercy they shield her then I die
>>
File: 1355912898191.png (34 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1355912898191.png
34 KB, 200x200
>>345444891
>Pharah and Roadhog
>not super easy to counter
What rank are you even playing at if those two are a problem?
>>
>Most balanced

You mean most broken?

> Has 100% accuracy by doing micro bursts
> Due to that, there's a macro you can bind and do it automatically
> Guaranteed to win a 1v1 fight because lol I can heal
> Has a fucking nade shot more powerful than Pharah's
> Can sprint forever and only every other character can barely catch on to him

Yeah no, get fucked. I am glad they removed the accuracy bullshit.

Now all they have to do is add a timer to his sprint and we're set.
>>
>>345446929
One of the least fun characters to fight against.
>here comes zarya, have to take few seconds of damage
>and her shielded buddy, need to take more free hits
>>
you can tell that Overwatch is balanced because people whine about literally every character being too strong
>>
>>345447636

You're aware that her gun sucks below 30 right? Just trigger her shields at distance and then get close to her to finish her off.
>>
>>345446506
Because thats all he brings, raw damage.
>Buh muh flashbang
Highly situational and short ranged, let alone its short duration.

Solider has utility out the ass, fantastic damage with great accuracy, huge mobility in sprint, a healing field that is fantastic both for himself and allies, and the easier to use ult.

Mcree has damage, a close range stun, a roll that has piss poor distance but helps him do damage. and probably THE most situationally powerful ult in the game, that is also one of the easiest to shut down.

The nerf to Mcree made solider flat out better in every possible regard, now its a toss up. Do you want more damage but at a higher skill cost? Or do you want more utility while retaining good damage?
>>
>>345446771
If 76 shoot his rocket before you deflect then he is just shit
A good 76 is just going to force you to deflect with his left click and if you don't, you're dead
>>
>>345447767
And get creamed by the three faggots she has right next to her?
>>
>>345447715
Even Hanzo who is objectively the worst hero in the game gets complaints about his arrow's treelog hitbox
>>
>>345446929
>Incidental damage doesn't exist ala rockets, grenades, non-controlled turrets.
>Acting like she can't instantly protect another target AND gain charge off of that, turning scenarios where you play perfectly against her completely in her favor.
If they changed it where she could only get 25 energy off of friendly shields she would be so much more balanced.
>>
>>345447715

The problem is that these people bitching are the same retarded cunts that go on by themselves.

They think one reaper is somehow going to kill 5 enemies all shooting at you.

Yesterday I had a match with a nice team that was able to cap points but what did they do afterwards? Go on one by one to the enemy spawn thinking they could spawncamp alone. We lost all 3 matches doe to this.

It's a damn team game for fucks sake.
>>
>>345447915
Or if her shields weren't invincibility on first hit
>>
>>345447715
this tbqh
>>
>76
>more balanced than Pharah
>>
>>345447815

Try not going on by yourself next time, fuckward.
>>
>>345447835
>Even Hanzo who is objectively the worst hero in the game gets complaints about his arrow's treelog hitbox

That something is objectively bad designed doesnt mean its overpowered

The hitboxes in this game and especially those arrows are just garbage tier game design

I mean it would be okay to have xbox huge hitboxes if they would have kept the game casual, but blizzard tries for whatever reason to push it in an esports/competitive direction

And now it has those really ambivallent design choices which fit into neither of those niches
>>
>>345444891
It's only a nerf if you're one of the fags that had your mouse bound to a macro that let you fire at full speed without losing any accuracy.

>tracer OP
maybe on console but on PC she's cake

>Pharah
Not even on console, can't do shit if you're not getting direct hits.

>Zarya
Don't shoot the bubble, stupid.

>Roadhog
Get a decent DPS or any Reaper
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
>>345444891
I just can't see how people think that Bastion isn't broken.
Listen...
>I understand theres a boat load of counters for bastion but it doesnt stop his damage being the equivalent of 3 soldier 76s.
>Going all out as an attack class renders me about 12k damage for the match. Bastion renders 30k+.
>His ult is hands down the best ult in the game
>Steals POTG almost every time with shit plays
>Nobody initially rolls a Bastion because he's a boring overpowered piece of shit, until they are losing point in which a couple people switch to bastion to land a win.
>A mediocre Reinhardt blocking for a conscious Bastion will stomp almost anything.
>Yes I understand roadhog can pull him (If he's close enough) but not with a Reinhardt shield.
>Yes I understand Soldier can right click win.
>Yes I understand genji can counter him.

But heres the thing... that doesn't stop his damage output to be so insane over any other character. It just doesn't.
>>
>>345447715
Overwatch is at a state where the skill floor and ceiling for characters makes balance different at all levels of play.

Low level players bitch and moan about bastion, torbj, roadhog, and tracer

High level players bitch about Tracer, widow, and genji.

Shits all over the place.
>>
File: 1446312981243.png (1 MB, 1204x578) Image search: [Google]
1446312981243.png
1 MB, 1204x578
>Zenyatta finally gets buffed
>gets nerfed again before the patch even makes it to the proper game
>>
File: whatarebirdswejustdontknow.gif (1002 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
whatarebirdswejustdontknow.gif
1002 KB, 250x251
Anyone have any experience with the XIM4 on PS4?

>>345447598
>>
>>345448046
You'll be pleased to know that they finally did the right thing and nerfed his hitboxes on the PTR. Hopefully they double down on this when shitters bitch that they aren't getting easy kills anymore.
>>
>>345446881
Well duh he shouldn't be "dealing" with heroes at extreme ranges. He's mid range.
>>
>>345447946
This is a huge fucking problem. We cap the point, and then shitters think its fine to just run off and try and go to their spawn.

Stay on the fucking point. When you get killed at their spawn, you now need to wait 6 seconds and run back to point, which, oh gee look at that, they are already their waiting.
>>
>>345448098
He is clearly the most least played character in the game, he just sucks. There really isn't that many good places where he can mow enemies down, and just way too easy to counter. Even Lucio can peek-snipe this fucker.
>>
>>345448012
Pharah's going to be dogshit in a meta where Zenyatta and a buffed McCree are everywhere so I'm not sure why people are even bitching.
>>
>>345447715
Literally nobody was unironically whining about Zen being OP since the 3 second nerf, to now.
>>
>>345447835
>Hanzo who is objectively the worst hero in the game

This meme has to end.
>>
>>345446881
He's not supposed to deal with Widows though, other heroes does that easily
>>
>>345447131
They really went about fixing McCree in the worst way possible. They nerfed Fan the Hammer, which was a perfectly fine ability meant to counter mobile, squishy heroes (read: not tanks) when they should have replaced the roll ability, because the roll ability is only useful if you want to chain hammer fans, and chaining hammer fans is only useful if you want to melt a tank.
>>
>>345448261

It fucking is.

He has no middle ground, you're either good at it or you completely suck.

And most fuckers just choose him because MUH JAPANESE CULTURE xD.

I swear when Comp just released it was guaranteed to get the shitty hanzo or genji on your team.
>>
>>345448253
Yup, this new McCree buff is going to make Pharah irrelevant again. He was already a counter to her at mid range, but now he's a hard counter at every single range.
>>
>>345448267
Oh yeah? what heroes?
>>
>>345448581

Winston, Genji, and Reaper to name a few.
>>
>>345448428
I refuse to believe anyone can completely suck at a character with scatter arrows
>>
>>345448428
They'd pick him a fuckload less if scatter wasn't reinforcing their idea that they are doing well. If they removed that shit even the worst of players would stop picking him because they wouldn't have a care-bear feel good kill every 12 seconds to assuage feelings of inability to play him.

I seriously hope the ptr change sticks, I'm tired of playing with hanzo shitters who think they are doing something.
>>
>>345446929
The problem isn't shooting her shields, it's shooting her shields and then leaving her alone. It's very easy for a team to burst down a Zarya but when she pops her shield everyone changes targets midway and then she starts picking people off. What you should do is just keep shooting her, I do this and 9/10 Zarya melts.
>>
File: 1444875178394.png (205 KB, 275x353) Image search: [Google]
1444875178394.png
205 KB, 275x353
>>345445141
>go to shoot a rocket at the feet of a Genji
>he runs forward, crouches, and deflects it back
>>
>>345448654

>Get a kill every 12 seconds
>Useful

Ok?
>>
File: zenyatta-skin-djinnyatta.jpg (638 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
zenyatta-skin-djinnyatta.jpg
638 KB, 1080x1080
I'm just patiently waiting for them to buff best boy's healing. I can never find a good exuse to play him outside of quickplay because if our team needs support, Zenny just fill that roll because of how shit harmony orbs are. He's more of an offense hero than a support hero. I say either give the healing a straight buff or let him have 2-3 harmony orbs that he can toss to different targets.
>>
>>345448398
Yeah now McCree can just snipe most if the cast. I don't understand why the just didn't either tighten the spread on FtH or increase it's damage to maybe 300 so less bullets need to hit with the current spread.
>>
>>345448828
Zen works great as a secondary support. Mercy/Zen with a Reinhardt can absolutely demolish teams that aren't using corners effectively.
>>
>>345448828

He is pretty much an offense Mercy though, except you don't have to be following your target.

The reduced healing speed makes up for that.

He is fine, he just needed more health.
>>
>look up top 200 players in Comp
>over 75 play Genji exclusivley
>another 70 for Tracer

KEK, so balanced am I right? Good thing they nerfed McCree so bad ;)
>>
>>345448092
What if I manually do 5 shot bursts? Will I be fucked even if there are half second or more pause between each of my bursts?
>>
>>345448949
>>345448995
You think so? I just always figured that no one would appreciate me going zen as opposed to lucio or mercy if we need a healer.
>>
>>345446929
Bastion counters her
>>
>>345448398
If they took away the reload on Roll its literally useless, unless they added a bunch of invun frames to it like Genji's dash.

What they could have done was add a good CD to Fan like Lucio's alt fire has. That way you still can't chain fans.
>>
>>345449071
Dont' solo heal as him unless your team is stacked full of genji,tracer and other flankers. He works ideally in a setup with another healer. At that point you bring great damage, with huge utility.
>>
>>345445398
what the fuck is the burst fire script? are people fucking scripting in this game?
>>
>>345449071

If you're going to be the only healer, yeah, he is a bad option. Mercy + Zen is a deadly combo.

>Throw harmony orb at mercy
>Let her do her shit
>Meanwhile you focus on offense

But then again, people are dumb and can't into teamwork.
>>
>>345448828
He's been buffed already. His orbs can be instantly applied and he has more health, and his ult heals more. Seen a few PotG in PTR and got 4 golds myself in one match. I like him as an offensive support and don't think we need another dedicated healer when you have Mercy and now Ana who is capable of quite potent heals.
>>
>>345448646
Winston is okayish but a good widow can actually kill him before he reaches her.
Genji is decent enough to harrass widow but can't kill her if she knows how to shoot as well, it's very hard to deal with a good widow as genji.
Reaper? you have to be kidding me.

It's obvious to me that you've never played a match with an average rating above 70, but really Widow is really strong and hard to counter. Soldier 76 being able to harass her and deal damage with headshots consistently was a godsend.

McCree is now superior to Soldier 76, however he is not as good as Soldier as harassing Widow.
>>
>>345449071
Like I said, he works as a secondary support working with both a Mercy and a Reinhardt.

He can't heal enough to be a primary healer, but he works perfectly as a backup healer for when Mercy is dead, does amazing DPS from behind Rein's shield, and Mercy can protect him from threats Rein can't (like Winston)
>>
>>345449184
Because 20tick i-frame rolls are useless.

Should have just made fan do less damage per bullet

70-60-50-40-30-20

He'd still be able to murder anyone sub 200 easy as shit, but would still not be able to burst tanks.
>>
>>345449313
>what the fuck is the burst fire script?
The spread on S76's gun decreases so fast that you can bind your M1 to a macro that acts as if you are repeatedly tapping M1 at just the right rate to fire at the same rate you would without the script but without any spread whatsoever.
>>
>>345449327
All this used to be true before her bodyshot damage nerf.

Now unless you're a korean aimhax god Winston is going to be shoving his hot monkey dick right in that vagoo. If he's got a Harmony orb or Mercy is healing him while he jumps to Widow it's even more lopsided.
>>
>>345449327

Ranking means shit when it's broken as fuck. Someone disconnects on your team? lol you lose rank because fuck you.

A good reaper will teleport to a location nearby and fuck that Widow with 2 shots.

Also Tracer can deal with a widow as well.
>>
>>345449684
>Tracer and Reaper ever reaching a good Widow
t. rank 40
>>
>>345449406
ah, I see. to be fair, I'd probably nerf that too. I don't know much about game design but if I saw players were using a script to get an advantage that non-script users couldn't get, I'd find a way to nerf use of that script specifically (hopefully without nerfing people legitimately doing short bursts)
>>
>>345448924
FtH is boring play anyway, LMB is what makes his fun. The ridiculous drop off is what killed him in the first place.
>>
>>345449726

>What is flanking

t. shitter who doesn't understand strategy
>>
>>345449684
Neither Tracer or Reaper deal with Widow.
For a start Widow can literally just sit in a location Tracer cannot reach.

Also you losing ranking when someone dc's isn't broken, its how every ranking works in any game. Otherwise its open to abuse. Reducing the rnaking for the team that wins against the team that dc's was the absurdly broken part.
>>
>>345449875
How do you "flank" a Widow on Anubis? How do you flank a Widow on Numbani 1st point? How do you flank a Widow on Hollywood?

Nevermind the fact that Tracer can't reach 90% of Widow's common spots.

Really just what rank are you...
>>
>>345448261
to be fair, any player who's not at least decent at the game will be dead weight playing a hanzo. I see it time and time again, some dude goes hanzo and sits there trying to snipe some specific dude continually without hitting.

a bad hanzo is almost as bad as a bad widow.
>>
>>345449816
>implying this change is going to stay

Once McCree starts being the most picked Attacker in the game again because he can just sit back and hit M1 for 90% of the cast at long range and has FtH / Flashbang for anyone who manages to get close it's going away.

I agree McCree needed a buff, this was the wrong buff.
>>
>>345449816
problem is buffing his LMB is gonna do very little to Tracer and Genji, you know the two Heroes in particular that McCree is supposed to be the best counter for.
>>
>>345447381

The only way to reliably kill any of the really mobile characters with Flashbang+FTH is to ensure you're already firing your fan before the flashbang connects. It's an aggressively small window.
>>
>>345447663
>timer on sprint
Why not put a longer cool down for genji reflect cause all he needs to do is one double flip and it's set.
>>
>>345447475
this would be fine if getting stunned killed Tracers/Genjis momentum, but it doesn't so they still slide for like 20 feet each time.
>>
File: ss (2016-07-14 at 04.43.27).jpg (51 KB, 488x486) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-07-14 at 04.43.27).jpg
51 KB, 488x486
>>345448810
>getting kills in a 6v6 doesnt matter
>>
>>345450051

Numbani and Hollywood both have access to the roofs you know...

You're just the typical idiot that expect someone else to take down the Widow if you don't know how to deal with her.

Anubis is probably the only legitimate place where Widow has the advantage along with Hanamura since both have unreachable spots by flankers.
>>
>>345450192
This. This buff just helps McCree shit on everyone else but Tracer and Genji.
>>
>>345450406

Never implied anything remotely close to that.

I am saying that getting a single kill every 12 seconds is useless as fuck.

It takes 6 seconds to respawn and another 6-12 seconds, depending on map, to return to the battle.

If they have a symmetra with a tele running that kill was pretty much for nothing.
>>
>>345450221

I only have this problem with tracer, any of the other ones I can manage. But then again, I can reliably damage the other ones with mccree without the flashbang anyway and they lack the instant healing ability tracer has.
>>
>>345450501
Which is bizarre because Tracer and Genji are the ones dominating comp, because they have no real counters.

The closet thing to a counter for any of them is Winston, but at best Winston will just make them pop a CD and at worst they can kite Winston to death.
>>
The only fucking cunts that need to be buffed is fucking reaper if there really is no counter for him dmg wise its fucking bullshit.
>>
>>345444891
How are people actually surprised that they nerfed a fucking button macro that people used with 76 to get an advantage?

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>345450431
You're a goddamn moron.
>>
>>345450728
He just needs better counters, not a nerf.

I think buffed Zenyatta is a decent option. Ana should be good too.
>>
>>345450728
>Nerf Reaper
>suddenly every game is Roadhog/Zayra/Winston steam rolling everyone

HOW ABOUT NO
>>
File: 1348767668996.jpg (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1348767668996.jpg
42 KB, 300x300
>>345445104

>Bad people use him incorrectly so this change doesn't matter

That is your logic. It's embarrassing.
>>
File: 300px-Reinhardt-cine.jpg (21 KB, 300x361) Image search: [Google]
300px-Reinhardt-cine.jpg
21 KB, 300x361
>>345447663
>Guaranteed to win a 1v1 fight

My hammer disagrees.
>>
the nerf cycle has begun
all the characters where for the most part fine, then they fixed a few that were obviously a little off
not they're falling into the same pit tf2 did with just having to nerf everything as the power dynamics keep changing due to the original nerfs
>>
>>345450696
I honestly don't even know how this buff went through. Blizzard themselves said McCree's purpose is to hard counter the fast, mobile characters. They nerf him so much that his effectiveness against them is questionable, so their solution is to buff him so now decimates everyone who AREN'T the fast, mobile characters at range.

What the fuck.
>>
>>345448126
>rank 52 baddie here

I only complain about Tracer, fuck that broken hero.
>>
>>345451327
the problem wasn't the fact that they nerfed McCree and Widow, problem was they nerfed them way too much and it basically just shifted their old power around.

Because McCree can no longer duel Tracer/Genji/Reaper they basically get a free pass on an enemy team's backline. At the same time because of Widow's quickscope nerf she can't really take out Pharah's or 76's anymore because she can't keep up.
>>
>>345451341
I THINK they were thinking that if they got away after the fan, longer range with less drop off means he can still kill them while they're fleeing, or snipe at them if hes too far away.

But pretty much the issue becomes as you say, he becomes stupidly powerful against everyone else.
>>
>>345451659
Widow is fine right now. A decent player can still track them easily enough, but McCree is spot on. Unless you get the perfect FTH off, they will likely get away.
>>
File: when you get nerfed again.jpg (205 KB, 540x432) Image search: [Google]
when you get nerfed again.jpg
205 KB, 540x432
>Zenny was good in the beta
>nerf him into hell
>no one is picking him
>buff him
>he's perfect now and people will surely pick him
>throw him into the nerf hell again

Blizzard please let him go already
>>
>Roadhog hasn't been nerfed yet

>decimates just about anything with the hook combo
>can restore 300 health with his eight second Take a Breather
>Whole Hog is infinite stun-lock, by the time it's over, you're either pushed off a ledge or dead
>>
The only character that needs a nerf is Hanzo.

He needs to be nerfed out of the game because any time a Hanzo is on your team, it might as well be an empty slot. 90% chance to lose.
>>
>Flashbang's stun timer does not decrease until the target touches the floor

Mcree fixed. Genji and Tracer jumping around like retards will no longer save them by moving them after they're stunned via inertia.
>>
File: AI.png (99 KB, 481x418) Image search: [Google]
AI.png
99 KB, 481x418
>>345444891
>soldier
>balanced
he's fun to play solely because he is way overpowered.

>hold down lmb
kill everyone
>press q and hold down lmb
kill everyone some more
>press e
immediately heal yourself and kill the person attacking you
>hold down shift
run away for as long as you damn well please
>>
>>345449757
It most definitely affects anyone who uses short bursts, which fucks over any potential for using him at a distance, which coincidentally is the range at whcich anyone can most easily find cover or a healer to recover from being lightly attacked by someone without being able to be finished.

It really was just as easy as shoot a bit, and just tap again pretty frequently. Now the spread will continue staying fully spread until you just completely stop firing for a second or two. Given people have DPS that can kill people in 2 seconds depending on headshots, that's a pretty big deal.
>>
>>345451659
Widow is fine though, McCree is one who got nerfed too much.
>>
>>345451853
What did they do to him? I haven't kept up with the PTR patch notes

>>345451867
>Whole Hog
I don't think you quite grasp the concept of a stunlock, Anon. He's got a massive frame and is almost immobile as Whole Hog progresses. You can just shoot him and he has no means of dealing with it unless your entire team is grouped up against a single wall.

>>345452096
Hanzo needs falloff on his extreme distance shots, so his role and Widowmaker's are clearly separated. Hanzo combines the worst aspects of Widowmaker and Junkrat, and unlike the latter, his shots are not slow-moving and absurdly shiny.

He's supposed to be a medium range sniper after all. He has enhanced mobility exactly for that reason.
>>
>>345451834
>>345452259
The damage nerf to Bodyshots is fine but the Quickscope nerf hurt her very badly against any mobile target.

I play a lot of Pharah and Widow went from biggest fear to softest target, you hit her with a knockback and she can't headshot you for like 7 seconds.
>>
MUH COWADOODYYYYYYY
>>
File: 1468191593521.jpg (268 KB, 791x644) Image search: [Google]
1468191593521.jpg
268 KB, 791x644
>>345452345
>What did they do to him? I haven't kept up with the PTR patch notes

They'll reduce his health from 200 to 175, reduce his speed when he ults, also reduce his damage
>>
>>345452345
At first, they just gave him 50 more shield so he had 200 health overall, made his orb of harmony/discord travel instantly to targets instead of having a travel time, increased the healing rate of his ult, and increased movement speed during his ult.

Then part way during the PTR, they nerfed his LMB to 40 damage instead of 45, which coincidentally means with discord orb on a target, he now does 180 damage in 3 shots instead of 201.

And they're considering dropping his health to 175 when the real patch comes about.
>>
>>345444891
They increased the amount of charge it takes for roadhog to get his ult by 45%.

They added a new sniper to deal with phara.

They also made Dva better than zarya.

The real problem is that they're continuing to do nothing about bastion.
>>
>>345452632
>reduce his damage
Well he is useless once again
>>
>>345452345
They normalized the damge of his lmb and rmb, so its 40 per shot on both
>>
>>345452753
>to do nothing about bastion

They need to delete this cancer from the game that what they should do
>>
>>345452753
They univerally made it so that every hero gains ult from self-healing abilities.

Roadhog has a self-heal for 300 HP instantly.

He can get ult faster than he used to.
>>
>>345445104
Implying hos ulti isnt worthless
>>
>>345446881
>waah why isn't my mid range basic-bitch character able to snipe.
rank 144 btw
>>
the only character you listed that is actually strong is pharah, and they are being deleted by the new mccree anyway

fuck off
>>
>>345452850
>they didn't nerf Mei's or Reaper's ult charge

Unintended, or a slight buff? You decide!
>>
>>345452449
The ability to quickscope actually makes her flat out broken with her mobility.

Not to mention that again, a decent widow has no problem with Pharah especially. Its not like Pharah has a lot of horizontal movement, and the vertical stuff is actually fairly easy to predict.
>>
>>345452632
>Base shields increased by 50 (now 50 Health/150 Shield)
>Movement speed is now doubled upon activation
The fuck are you on about anon?
>>
>>345452850
Not instantly. You can't heal through a bastion. Maybe you could through 5 tracers though.
>>
>>345453042
Is there even anyone else that can kill a Roadhog thats healing? I know Hanzo can definitely with two headshots. Widow probably can similarly, but I don't think anyone else has the damage output to actually exceed the heal fast enough.
>>
>>345452931
They'll change that I wish I had the link to the source. looking for it as I type
basically the only thing they won't change is his orb's speed being 75% faster
>>
>>345452931
they already said that they will nerf his hp if necessary from 200 to 175

and they already DID nerf his damage. left click is down from 45 to 40
>>
>>345448098
>play junkrat
>find indirect fire spot
>spam nades until reinhard's shield breaks and bastion dies

easy
>>
>>345447137
his ult is basically identical to to S76s
>stand in the open where a bunch of enemies are and hope they stay on screen long enough for you to kill them/don't die yourself
>>
Why should nerfs and buffs only cater to the most skilled players, instead of the majority?
>>
File: penny.png (117 KB, 546x462) Image search: [Google]
penny.png
117 KB, 546x462
>>345453194
>>345453181
Man that fucking sucks. Zenyatta is already the least used character in the game, what's 25 more health for the dude?
>>
>>345453389
Because they're pro they know their shit
>>
>solo queue unranked
>team of 3 stars
>all of us are 0 stars, under level 50

Is it still even?
>>
File: 1452120738127.png (163 KB, 432x455) Image search: [Google]
1452120738127.png
163 KB, 432x455
>>345453389
>>
>>345453178
Reaper exists
>>
>>345453439
The only thing confirmed now is his damage reduction

Let's just pray Blizzard won't change his HP
>>
>>345453389
Because when you balance a game in any form you need to assume the players are of equal skill and are actually good.
>>
>>345453262
Except soldier deals continously damage, can charge and heal meanwhile and shoot helix rockets

It's way better
>>
>>345453490
Account level =/= skill level
>>
>>345453178
Reaper.

If you have a problem with any Tank, Reaper is your answer.
>>
>>345448092
>>tracer OP
>maybe on console but on PC she's cake

confirmed retard.
>>
>>345453583
I meant chase, not charge. Soldier doesn't move like a snail during his ult like mccree does
>>
>>345453618
All right. I just figure hundreds of hours played vs about 10 hours played would mean... Nah, I guess no matter how many hours, those players will just always be shit?
>>
>>345453513
They should just give him 100 hp, 100 shield.
I assume they're lowering the hp up because a 150 shield regening zen is a pain in the ass.
>>
File: 1312068193436.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1312068193436.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>345446929

>apparently I'm the only who puts pressure on Zarya
>her shields are always off cooldown by the time I engage her
>teammates charge her shield up for her while I'm trying to wait it out
>>
>>345453745
Of course, I am ranked 47 and play with people with 1 and 2 stars all the time
>>
There's like two or three legitimate complaints in this whole thread. As expected of /v/ the worst players on the internet.
>>
>>345453656
>>345453509
Reaper is a pretty poor choice against Hog though. I mean sure if he isn't tossing a hook/has it off cooldown or is healing Reaper might be okay.

But otherwise, Hog should win pretty much every engagement.
>>
File: dva-screenshot-001.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dva-screenshot-001.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
NERF THIS
>>
File: 1464455972201.jpg (108 KB, 892x895) Image search: [Google]
1464455972201.jpg
108 KB, 892x895
>>345452931
Original buff given to him in the PTR update that introduced Ana:
>Base shields increased by 50 (150 shields, 50 health, 200 HP total)
>Travel speed of Orb of Discord and Orb of Harmony quadrupled
>Healing during Transcendence increased from 200HP/s to 300HP/s
>Zenyatta's movement speed during Transcendence doubled

Further changes made before the rebalance hits the game proper:
>Base shields decreased by 25 (125 shields, 50 health, 175HP total)
>LMB damage decreased from 45 to 40
>RMB damage increased from 35 per charged orb to 40 per charged orb.

To be fair, the increased speed of Discord meant he was doing more damage immediately, so the LMB nerf makes some sense.

If any of these are wrong or I missed something, someone correct me.
>>
>>345453918
Her shield is only 200 extra HP, and depleted its 50% charge max. Shooting her down shield and all isn't actually a bad decision assuming your team can follow through and kill her too.

If not, then yeah not shooting it is ideal.
>>
>>345454001
I disagree and find Reaper a very strong counter to Roadhog.

It's not easy to 1 shot Reaper with Roadhog so you usually have to setup for the hook.

Then you actually have to land the hook and if Reaper is in melee range it's actually not so easy.

Also a reaper can just stand behind a Rein shield and push with that forcing Roadhog to go onto a flank.
>>
>>345453490
If you are around 50, you are already experienced enough in the game to play against any level.
>>
File: 1466698383631.png (269 KB, 401x317) Image search: [Google]
1466698383631.png
269 KB, 401x317
>>345454013

>mfw all the shitty characters are getting nerfs here and there except for best girl getting huge buffs
>>
>>345454087
Good, better tone down those buffs, he was almost viable again.
>>
>>345450801
Are YOU fucking retarded? Just because people used a macro doesn't mean you couldn't do it without one. It's easy and just there for convenience.

By the way, his spread reset was intended because there's even a tip for doing it in-game.
>>
>>345449327

>But a good

Get the fuck out.
>>
is the next meta going to be the absolute worst one yet?

Rein+Zarya or Winston/McCree/Lucio+Mercy are guaranteed. last slot being a flex between 3rd healer or reaper or meme map section specific situational characters like symmetra and junkrat. widowmaker is for real dead now, pharah is dead, tracer is dead, genji is deader, roadhog is dead.

sure do love mccree dominated metas.
>>
>>345454150
I can only say you have played against some terrible players. The hook has some ridiculously long range. Even putting that aside, if a Reaper gets close enough where his damage is good, he can get one shot with a headshot at any given time.

Anyone behind Rein's shield is going to force a Roadhog back though.
>>
>>345454323
If they leave Dva in as she is, shes definitely going to get heavy use. She can nearly indefinitely have her shield up eating pretty much any offensive attack.
>>
>>345454197
The speed of the orbs was a big thing holding Zen back and any extra hp is a plus considering he was the squishiest support.
>>
>>345444891

how is tracer OP?
>>
>>345454323
>worse than boring ass wombo combo bullshit and pharah cancer

L O L
>>
>>345454150

I don't know if counter is the right word. They both are good at kicking each other's asses.
>>
>>345450696
yeah I see people switch to winston all the time to deal with me as tracer, but then they just end up feeding me ults because I can kite them.

Winston counters a genji w/o dash hard, but not tracer.
>>
>>345454425
I hope they do, she's finally useful.
>>
>>345454323

Here's the new meta:
Rein+ D.va + Lucio + McCree + Tracer and Reaper
>>
>>345454458
they improved hitboxes so she's more annoying to hit
>>
File: 1467606575902.png (63 KB, 225x199) Image search: [Google]
1467606575902.png
63 KB, 225x199
>>345454890
She's always been useful

I don't care
>>
>>345450696
Winston can't counter Tracer.

t. Winston player
>>
>>345454347
Im 64.

so decent percentile although not amazing.

Landing a 1shot headshot on a melee reaper is not easy.
>>
>>345454978
t. anyone with a brain

if someone is losing out to winston as Tracer they must be Terry Schiavo or something
>>
File: 1463757598025.jpg (165 KB, 761x800) Image search: [Google]
1463757598025.jpg
165 KB, 761x800
>>345444891
>tfw you never burst fired anyways

his hip spray is pretty accurate anyways
>>
File: 1408245087154.jpg (70 KB, 554x554) Image search: [Google]
1408245087154.jpg
70 KB, 554x554
>>345454891
There's always going to be 2 healers, Lucio + Mercy or maybe Ana. McCree is guaranteed because he's pretty strong now. Two tanks, one being Rein, the other being D.Va or Zarya. And another situational DPS.
>>
>>345455035
It isn't Easy, but Hog has some good spread with his shotgun so it has a good chance of happening.

A decent to above average Hog should always win a fight against a Reaper unless hes otherwise distracted or has his hook off cooldown though.

Hog only needs to land one lucky shot to take out a Reaper, where as Reaper will need a few.
>>
>>345454969

By useless he means she didn't do anything better than any other hero. I mean she can be used, but like Zenyatta, you're not contributing as much as another hero would.
>>
>>345454445
he's still the fucking squishiest support though
>>
There's literally no reason to use mr cowboy with soldier in his current state
Happy about this, tired of seeing 2 soldiers every other game
>>
File: not broken, perfectly fine .jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
not broken, perfectly fine .jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>B-BUT ITS THE FIRST SEASON!!!
>B-BUT THEY'LL PATCH IT!!!!
>I-I DONT WANT TO BE
>ALONE
>>
>>345455267
>>345455035
Reaper vs Hog is fairly even when all things are equal but in teamfights Reaper shreds Hog and if Hog misses his hook or is not at point blank or perfect M2 range he's going to lose. There are also lots of bad Hogs out there that don't realize they can't out-heal Reaper's shotguns with the estus flask.
>>
File: 1467089689643.png (261 KB, 362x350) Image search: [Google]
1467089689643.png
261 KB, 362x350
>mfw alot of people complaining about D.va being "OP" on the ptr

I really hope Blizzard won't listen to them. The last thing I need is some shitters ruining my favorite hero for me.
>>
>>345455779
I had it happen to me once in my 170 games.
>>
>>345455779
This shit made me stop playing comp
>>
>>345455785
1v1 Hog should win. Team fights Reaper should win.

If Hog doesn't have decent aim though the Reaper will win, but thats a gimme considering the shittier player in general loses out to anyone whos competent
>>
>>345455785
It's all on the hook t b h

A missed hook usually means a dead hog
>>
>>345445204

Tracer is top tier since McCree nerf

Pro teams run 2 tracers all the time since she's impossible to kill in the hands of a good player
>>
>>345444891
>Accuracy/Recoil doesn't kick in until X amount of frames.
>Players making macros that disable Mouse 1 just before hitting the frame in which accuracy kicks in.
>Stutter shooting slightly slower than regular RoF but has the accuracy of a laser.
>>
>>345444891
in case you weren't aware nobody is entirely balanced and nobody ever will be because being able to evenly go against any opposing hero isnt how class based games work. each hero has pros and cons. theyre simply doing what they did to mcree and since he's good against almost everyone fixing it so he actually has counters. if you dont like it go back to cod. i mean you're playing soldier so theres no reason not to
>>
>>345453178
Symmetra actually can, with her stage 3 M1.
It's fun to watch the Roadhog's HP actually decrease while they're trying to heal.
>>
>>345445141
>genji
>countering anyone
>>
File: huh.png (228 KB, 358x408) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
228 KB, 358x408
>>345444891
>nerfing 76
>not nerfing characters played by garbage players like Pharah, Roadhog, Genji that ruin any game they're in

k
>>
>all these retards saying the s76 change only effects scripters
It's literally a .5 second delay before spread goes back to normal, if you don't notice the difference instantly you are a complete shitter.
>>
>>345457040
>effects
affects
>>
Who is the most overpowered character in this game?
>>
Every character is getting nerfed. Soon they'll remove ults altogether and make the characters do no damage.
>>
>>345457452
the one you don't play
>>
>>345457452
Junkrat
>>
>>345444891
MOBAs were a mistake coz Riot & Blizzard are full of professionals that cant balance out a stupid ass simple game with very simple features
>>
>>345457040
I guess you'll have to use Soldier's sprint to move to a position where your weapon is more effective, or suffer the dps lost of waiting for the spread to normalize as you are shooting at something outside of your ability to DPS at maximum efficiency, as intended.

All working as intended now. Get better.
>>
File: 1465161177078.png (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465161177078.png
61 KB, 500x500
>>345448126
>Torb
>NOT fucking broken

>High LMB damage with amazing accuracy and very little falloff
>Up to 150 RMB per shot that melts larger heroes or anyone in extremely close range
>Turret has perfect accuracy, essentially no turn time, and can either kill most flankers before it dies or leave them low enough that Torb can one-shot them
>If the turret does die he can instantly replace it with almost no cooldown
>Can give 75 armor to his entire team and himself
>Ultimate makes him bar none the best DPS and tank in the game
>>
File: 15.jpg (63 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
63 KB, 450x300
>>345457903
>>
>>345457452
Everyone, I've seen a claim that practically everyone is >OPed pls nerf
because a good player with that character or a counter pushed in their character's asshole.
>>
>>345446929
>Zarya's Energy decays slightly faster
There! She can still build up 100% in two button presses, but it doesn't last forever.
Rewards skill and aggression when charged, instead of just being a super powered wrecking machine that pops out from behind walls to eat a rocket, kill a nigga, and retreat.
>>
>>345455779
Dropped from 61 to 48 because of this shit. I know it's somehow related on how your team wins match (forfeiting opponents, being in underdog team, winning a tied match etc.) but it's still ridiculous
>>
>>345450728
Pharah?
Junkrat?
>>
>>345456008
>>345456076
Hog has two ways to beat reaper before reaper beats him (three shots at most) 1v1

1) be at absolutely perfect M2 range and hit dead on for a OHKO - this is exceedingly rare, especially if the reaper knows 'Hog's range.
2) Land a hook while wraith form is on cooldown

I'd say in most situations Reaper has the edge on Roadhog, Roadhog is the one who has to make the play to survive.
>>
>>345458068
hello console player
>>
>>345458568
To three shot a Hog, he has to be within Hog's range due to damage falloff.
>>
>>345448253
Pharah is nerfed in like 3-4 different ways by this shitty patch. Her ult is literally useless by this point, using your normal rockets is better in 90% of all circumstances
>>
>>345444891
The only """""nerf""""" he got is fixing a broken mechanic. Why would they even add recoil for full auto when you can shoot in a way you have zero recoil yet still have fullauto RoF?
>>
>>345458568
Roadhog can OHKO Reaper off a hook.
>>
>>345450696
Torbjorn is an okay tracer/genji counter to be honest.
>>
>>345459020
I play a shitton of Torb and Genji and as Genji I've never struggled against Torb.

Torb is just really bad overall. His turret isn't threatening at all.
>>
>>345458695
Except no, Hog only kills reaper fast enough at point blank or perfect M2 range, if Reaper is inside of M2 range but not point blank there's very little Hog can do to stop him.

Hog has two specific ranges where he is effective and outside of those two specific spots he has piss damage.

Also getting a OHKO on a reaper without the melee follow-up comes down to RNG even if your aim is flawless.
>>
>>345444891
Looks like a COD player QQ'in.
Get ready to learn other heroes, like the game calls for.
>>
I don't understand, so S76 has to full auto to get pin-point accuracy, or going full auto degrades his accuracy?
>>
>>345458068
>shit posting

fuck off dva poster.

Spreading lies about the little dwarf.
>>
File: suicide.jpg (325 KB, 1858x1045) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
325 KB, 1858x1045
Help
>>
>>345459119

What makes the turret threatening is their main skill (dodging/zipping around) is neutered and it also functions as a distraction.

The damage is garbage, but it's reliable damage. Plus torb's gun is pretty good against them too. Can one shot tracer with his right click.
>>
>>345458068
Literally get good. The only nerf I'd agree with is to increase the turn time for his turrets but that's it. Torb is fair and balanced as fuck.
>>
>>345458784
How does that not make it a nerf retard.

>>345459336
On live his accuracy gets way worse after like 5 shots.

But stopping for 0.5 seconds or something, think it might even be less, resets his accuracy.

This is changing on the PTR so he has to wait much longer to reset his accuracy.
>>
>>345459190
Just fucking shoot him once with M2, fucking hell. There's no difference between him and any other squishy if you hit him one (1) time, even if you only graze him. Unless you're the kind to fuck up hookshots, then he's gonna rape you regardless.
>>
>>345459190
This would mean that Reaper has to stay within a magical range thats before the M2 can explode, and still far enough M1 isn't hitting, with a moving target.

Staying in that range playing a perfect game is highly unlikely. Hog just simply has more tools to handle him than Reaper does.

At most Reaper can Wraith out to heal, where as Hog only needs to land a hook or either of his attacks decently. On top of that, he can also heal to stall.
>>
>>345448828
His changes in PTR make him a beast. nearly instantly applied orbs means he can snap heal better, and having 200 health means he doesn't die to someone sneezing in his general direction.
>>
File: 1452503080217.jpg (15 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
1452503080217.jpg
15 KB, 318x318
>>345459392
>rank 40

dude I suck dick at shooters and I was at least rank 49
>>
>>345444891
Fuck that shit, make Tracer's hitboxes bigger.
>>
File: 1468061082393.jpg (27 KB, 508x524) Image search: [Google]
1468061082393.jpg
27 KB, 508x524
>>345459693
>thinking skill correlates heavily with rank
>>
>>345459392
How?
>>
>>345459424
tracer also oneshots the shit out of tracer due to his huge hitbox and critbox

also yeah i see what you mean but genji cornerpeeks the turret to death and gets 30% ult gauge for free and tracer is good against turret nests
>>
>>345459336
The first 4 shots are pinpoint accurate, after that full auto degrades his accuracy.

This meant that you could fire 4 shots, tap M1 again to get perfect accuracy for the next 4, and so on to fire your whole magazine with no delay and perfect accuracy.

The change is that now there is some time from him ceasing fire and regaining his accuracy, so you can't shoot with what is effectively full auto anymore while keeping perfect accuracy.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.