[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1st person vs 3rd person
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: mqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 320x180
How about this /v/,

Name a game that is in first person that would have been better in third person

now name a game that is in third person that would be better in first person?

It's harder than you think.

Personally I think that GTAV was much better in first person (excluding obvious retarded bits that weren't designed for first person)

I also think that Resident Evil would be very interesting in first person.

As for third person, probably the most recent thought that comes to mind is Battleborn? Overwatch feels tight in first person but Battleborn just has way too much shit going on
>>
Ass Creed would finally become relevant again if they switched it to first person xD lol
>>
thinly veiled Overwatch thread

POST EM FU'S BOYS
>>
>>345438225
not necessarily better but it'd probably be interesting
>halo FPS to 3rdPS
>gears of war 3rdPS to FPS
you can say goodbye to wallbouncing if gears changed to a FPS but add in a little more movement speed and you still have the fast paced combat
>>
>>345438642

Halo I absolutely agree with

Gears would basically become a shittier doom although it would be great to have the option
>>
File: Chromehounds.jpg (29 KB, 256x355) Image search: [Google]
Chromehounds.jpg
29 KB, 256x355
>>345438225
What if I want both?
>>
>>345439036
if halo originally came out as a 3rdPS everyone would probably refer to it as a not so cutscene/dialogue heavy mass effect
>>
No game is better in first person.
>>
>>345438225
I'm generally bummed the fuck out over any TPS game that has a detailed interesting world for you to look at - but you are forced to do it from 5 meters behind your character and have to fuck around with camera angles if you want a close up look of something.

At the very least an FPS "view" mode should be a given to any game like this.
>>
File: Fable_battle.png (265 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
Fable_battle.png
265 KB, 400x320
would anyone else love to see a new Fable game in the first person in the open world style of Oblivion, with the survival/planned attack concepts of Far Cry, with the charm of the original game?
>>
I miss 2nd person games like R.A.D.
>>
>>345438275
Mirror's Edge.
>>
>>345439330
>>345439330

.....but Halo came out years before M.E? I think the tactical aspect of multiplayer would be greatly enhanced by third person view
>>
>>345439346

Name 1 First Person Shooter that would be better in third person
>>
>>345439714
Mirror's Edge would actually be way better in TPS
>>
F.E.A.R as a TPS
>>
>>345439729
i meant by the time halo 3 rolled around ME would as well then arguments on who did it better would commence, but yeah i agree MP would be pretty fun, alternate reality here i come
>>
>>345438225
>Name a game that is in first person that would have been better in third person
Borderlands.

>now name a game that is in third person that would be better in first person?
Resident Evil series when it was horror/thriller rather than action.
>>
>>345438225
Elder scrolls would be so much better without FP. It could have evasive moves like rolls and parrys and it could have a combo system.
>>
>>345441490
Now that I think about it, I probably gave bethesda too much credit. In saying that, even being able to attack in directions other than where the camera is pointing would be an improvement.
>>
>>345441490
>>345441860

TES just needs a new combat system - appreciating environments, the "real objects" would be lost in TPS
>>
Thief 3 technically had the first person option, but it played like a third person game anyways.
What a piece of shit that game was.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.