[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished Heavy Rain for the first time. Wow, haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: ORIGAMAGIC-001.jpg (11 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
ORIGAMAGIC-001.jpg
11 KB, 251x251
Just finished Heavy Rain for the first time. Wow, haven't been that emotionally invested in a game in a long time. What are your guy's thoughts on the game?
>>
>>345436040
Hello David.
>>
Was really dissappointed that there was only one killer. It felt like any character could have been the killer and was hoping there was an ending for each character where they are the killer.
>>
It has some great scenes but gets ruined by how the games lies to you.
>>
JASONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN?!

JASON?!
>>
>>345436387
How do you mean When the game lies to you?

>>345436432
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUN
>>
>>345436493
That you don't see Shellby killing that shop owner despite playing him in that very scene. Also how you don't hear his thoughts on this incident and how he's the murderer
>>
>>345436681
Shellby was my favorite character. Still killed him though.
>>
I picked up HR on release day. Played for a couple hours and quit because the gameplay was so weird. The next day, I found myself actually thinking about the story and picked it up again. I was hooked. I Fucked up and got the dad locked in jail and the agent killed in the car grinder. If I remember correctly I didn't save the kid. Devastated to find out who the killer was.
>>
>>345436681
Ya that part was really weird, no idea how they could have made that work differently. Also, the game fleshed out Shelby as a detective pretty well, just not so much as the serial killer
>>
>>345436913
Damn, that super sucks. I think I was able to get the best ending, saved everyone except Shelby
>>
>>345437067
Yeah that first playthrough really made me feel like a really bad fuck up for letting everyone down.
>>
>>345436907
That's probably the most infuriating thing about that. It ruined a great character, at least for me.

>>345437004
They should have simply not have done that. It was not important for the overall plot.
>>
>>345437283
Ya, I mean he could have just gotten the registry from the old man when he wasn't paying attention, didn't need to kill him
>>
>>345436040

>The way Shelby was a "private investigator" but in reality was collecting all the possible evidence that could implicate him.

Bretty cool idea.

>The stripping/dance scene.

>Press X to Jason

>The guy who's addicted to VR.

Which is what is totally going to happen if VR actually hits the market and isn't total shit.

I liked the game.
>>
>>345437453
VR? I thought it was an actual drug. I swear I remember him taking drugs.
>>
>>345437864
He was taking drugs, but he also had a VR system that had crime analysis software on it

And hitting a ball against a brick wall: The Game
>>
>>345437926
That should've been a minigame you could actually play.
>>
>>345437864

The VR takes a toll on you mentally and if you use it too much, it fucks you up.

He took the drugs to suppress that mental mindfuck because he was using the VR too much to find the killer in time.
>>
>>345436040

I have fond memories of it even though I only played it once. It was the first PS3 game I bought and was impressed by the graphics.
>>
>>345437993
Well, maybe I didn't get the full story on him because I got him killed.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.