[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ i just lived under a rock for 11 years, how's the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: mfw.jpg (2 MB, 2481x3289) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
2 MB, 2481x3289
Hey /v/ i just lived under a rock for 11 years, how's the gaming community right now?
>>
Everyone plays games online now and hates each other.
>>
>>345434336
Pokémon Go is The Game.
>>
>>345434540
beautiful
>>
>>345434540
that's great
>>
File: 1467159513154.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467159513154.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>>345434336
>11 years

Explain further.
>>
The majority of PC gaming is done through Steam which has insanely low prices sometimes.
Most console gamers play online too

But i'm more interested in hearing about your tale OP, do tell!
>>
File: 1463270739994[1].png (486 KB, 720x847) Image search: [Google]
1463270739994[1].png
486 KB, 720x847
>>345434336
The recently released game Battleborn has taken the world by storm
>>
>>345434336
League of Legends happened which became the ultimate cancerfest then Overwatch hijacked the MOBA audience and now /v/ is circlejerking the game to death

It´s gotten way more SJW and way more socially accepted / normie to game so the next talk you´re having with a "gamer" is probably to a casual who doesnt know what you´re talking about if its not in gamestop commercials
>>
>>345435305
I just stopped going to 4chan and playing videogames in 2006
>>
>>345435673
you can soil your memories of 2006 4chan by coming back.

Also normalfags took over gaming. So no more mean words online or you get banned
>>
it's under a rock
>>
>>345435673
That's it? that's boring, especially since you started by saying "living under a rock"

Get yourself steam.
There's still a bunch of good stuff coming out all the time, but vidya has become the target of a bit of crap, people claiming they're "misogynistic". You're better off ignoring this topic entirely if you're not willing to update yourself on the matter
There's also a lot of rating companies that don't seem very reliable and are constantly accused of giving good ratings for a bribe

The most common games are probably Call of Duty, which has a story focusing on different stuff for each game, but everyone just buys it for the online experience which is pretty much the same for each game, but new stuff
A different game that's played online is Team Fortress 2, which is fairly cheap on Steam, and is all about hats

Another popular game, more complex would be Civilization V (you may have played older versions), which lets you select nearly any nation in the world and build your own empire through the ages

Something not so complex but popular is the Assassins Creed games, you only need the first one though
>>
>>345434628
Fuck you
>>
>>345437975
maybe the term "under a rock" was a bit exaggerated
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.