[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats a game genre you just cant get into? i cant enjoy any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: 1452661611009.jpg (16 KB, 367x386) Image search: [Google]
1452661611009.jpg
16 KB, 367x386
whats a game genre you just cant get into?

i cant enjoy any turn based strategy games, no matter how much i try
>>
RTS, multitasking is a bitch.
>>
>>345433697
>jrpgs
>dungeon crawlers
>4x
>turn based strategy
>mmo
>MOBA
>>
fighting games, i only play MK with my cousin if he decides to visit, but the combos and skill required to pull off a win in tense moments is pretty exciting to watch
>>
Never seen the appeal of bukkake desu
>>
>>345433697
I got a weird one for you, I can't get into 2d fighters while I'm pretty solid at 3d fighters. I don't know why I can't translate any of that skill in 2d.
>>
MMOs are boring as fuck
>>
>>345434560
they used to be fun when Guild Wars 1 was alive and WoW still had communities
this the dark ages of the genre
>>
>>345433697
Didn't like turn based much when I was younger, struggled to get through the fallout games because of it.
It's something you learn to appreciate as you get older, so keep trying I guess.

Also, sports games of any kind. That shit is just plain up dull every time.
>>
>>345433697
2d Platformers like Mario. I find them very annoying.
>>
>>345433697
crpgs

Haven't played them in their prime so now even tho I tried with quite a few of them (Both Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale,Tormentum,Arcanum) I just can't get into them
>>
Any RTS that isn't Warcraft 2.
>>
>>345434658
did either of those have required grinding?
>>
Mmos amd mobas
>>
MOBAs, same map over and over again
>>
>>345434560
wow can get pretty comfy if you turn off the quest handholding mechanics
granted, most expansions of wow are impossible to get into during the expansion's final patch, so the endgame can get pretty boring depending on when you start playing
>>
>>345433697
anything mmo
>>
Dark Souls and similar games where you have to go through a lot of shit that you can do easily before arriving at the part/enemy that kills you right away. I love everything about the game, I really want to beat it, but I just feel like I'm wasting my life. I can easily put a few hours a day in a game where I retry the part that I fail over and over, I can easily waste a weekend in some grand strategy, but spending 90% of the time to just run up to the enemy you can't beat to have one more try at him is retarded. I can kill all those other folks with my eyes closed, why am I forced to go through them again and again because I can't beat the other guy?
>>
Sports games. Also, I used to love Racing games like Gran Turismo and Moto Racer when I was a kid, but I can't seem to enjoy them as much I used to nowadays, maybe because I got nobody to play them with any longer.

As for a specific game or franchise in this case, I can't get into Fallout series.
>>
File: KyfR5FX.jpg (248 KB, 502x600) Image search: [Google]
KyfR5FX.jpg
248 KB, 502x600
>>345436156
What he said + games that require repeating same boring task over and over before proceeding. I don't want hours, I want fun. I can beat GTA 3 in 2 hours and it's the most fun I had in any GTA game.
>>
>>345435743
Guild Wars actually didn't. Grinding got you superficial, cosmetic things, whereas everything remotely important was easily acquired. PVP was determined purely by skill, not by who who had put the most hours repeating boring content.

I usually hate MMO's, but I enjoyed Guild Wars.
>>
MMOs
>>
>>345433697
2d fighting games like street fighter and mortal combat, I just hate the gameplay.
>>
File: 1456676083804.gif (3 MB, 222x379) Image search: [Google]
1456676083804.gif
3 MB, 222x379
FPS is my weakness. I just can't aim at all, and all the big FPS are cancer.
>>
Fighting games, RTS (gonna try my damnest though).
Currently trying to get into CRPGs and some turn based games, currently lost in Underrail, then got Fallout 1&2 to play through then got Silent Storm in list.
>>
>>345433697
Side scrolling platformer, I really want to play Limbo because of the art style but just eughhh.
>>
File: mario kart.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mario kart.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Racing games that aren't mascot kart racers or future fast Wipeout/F-Zero things.
>>
I've never even been mildly entertained by a fighting game.
Most third person shooters are pretty boring as well. Except for MDK
>tfw Shiny is dead
Just kill me
>>
>>345436295
the only sports games i really like are hockey or racing, but i feel the same way.
>>
Horror games are 3spooky5me, even Undertale scared the hell out of me.
RTS fucks me up also, only because I'm used to taking my time playing SRPGs.
I can't get into MMOs, way too much grinding for 1 level up, but then again I never get to play MMOs with my friends because they always seem to jump around between 3 or 4 different MMOs.
>>
RTS, MMOs.
Singleplayer Sandbox is usually boring for me.
>>
File: kingoffighters186.gif (44 KB, 201x142) Image search: [Google]
kingoffighters186.gif
44 KB, 201x142
MOBAs, RTS' and MMOs. I grew up in the arcade times and this type of games feel aline to me. The funny thing is that I actually enjoy some turned based games, like Advance Wars. Ive tried many times, but I jut cant
>>
>>345433697
Jrpgs(most are dumb as fuck)
RTS(cant into multitask)
MOBA(only exception was smite)
most of japanese Visual novels(but i dont even consider them videogames)
>>
>>345433697
Ever played worms?
>>
>>345433697
Fighting games. Never liked them. Still, I will buy them from time to time hoping one does something differently enough for me to enjoy it. The closest I've come to liking one was Gods Among Us.
>>
Games like Bloodborne, Dark Souls and Skyrim.

They all look and feel extremely bland, everything looks caked in mud, and the combat for all of these games looks clunky and slow as hell, I feel like I'd have more fun playing classic Runescape.
>>
>>345437379
yeah it's alright

>>345437593
but runescape is the better game
>>
4x, would rather just play a board game with friends.
>>
I don't like undertale can't get into it there's something wrong and i just can't put my weiner on it
>>
>>345436595
Hello, me.
>>
Both real time strategy and turn based strategy games.
Every time I play I just start getting annoyed with having enemies and would rather just build a nice little town.
I would love it if CIV 5 if would let me start without any other enemy civilisations but the map just filled with barbarians.
>>
>>345443836
Get Anno 1404 (or Dawn of Discovery if you're Murrikan)
Turn off all enemies and pirates
Enjoy building dem production chains in peace
>>
JRPGs.
I find action jrpgs to be shit due to their focus on stats and low budget that makes the action not be as satisfactory.
I find turnbased jrpgs to be way too slow, and fighting enemies that are not bosses feels like a waste of time.
I find srpgs to be glorified chess.
I find 1st person dungeon crawlers to be the worst of them all.

I've enjoyed a grand total of 2 turnbased jrpgs, and 1 of them I now dislike because it was so shallow that I can't look at it without wanting to kill myself.
>>
FPS.

Doom (and it's .wads) is fun but that's about it
>>
Sports sims

If I wanted to play a fucking sport I would go outside. I want to kill dragons drive ferraries and save the planet. Not pretend to run 50 yards to tackle someone, or dunk on someone.
I've done that shit in real life. It's only fun to actually do in real life.
>>
Rts
>can't do shit without getting raped by everyone else
>make an army? Too bad it's shit compared to the enemy get fucked
>make a nice well defeneed base? Too bad it's shit the enemy breaks through because you got no army
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.