[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's settle this. http://www.strawpoll.me/10775088
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.png (32 KB, 574x242) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
32 KB, 574x242
Let's settle this.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10775088
>>
not a sport winning.
Uhh nobody btfo?
>>
Video games are not and cannot be a sport

Do not misconstrue this as me taking real sports seriously, because playing with inflatable balls and the like is for children, just like video games
>>
>>345432151
Chess is an Olympic sport, explain how it differs significantly from the fundamentals of a fighting game
>>
>>345431651
is chess a sport?
>>
File: 1444662834660.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1444662834660.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>chess and poker are sport
>video games aren't
>>
>e-celeb shit
>twitter shit
>/sp/ shit

OP, please go back to twitter and stay there. I'm asking nicely.
>>
>>345431651
>sports are stupid repetitive and mindless events being hold by judaea to make your average Joe a retard
>videogames are about the same

yeah its fine by me, they are sports
>>
>>345432151

Then what is a sport? Apparently nothing is a sport, and adults should only work until the day they die.
>>
>>345432365
>chess and poker are sport

No one thinks this. Sports fans still have issues with world series poker on ESPN.

It's the same as EVO. ESPN airs this vidya shit because people are too lazy to find the Twitch stream.
>>
Nerds wanting to be athletes
>>
>>345432593
Chess is literally an Olympic sport
>>
>>345432793
OH HEY

THIS GUYS IS RIGHT

THE OLYMPICS HAVE CHESS,THEREFORE VIDYA IS A SPORT

HOLY FUCK BROS
>>
>>345432793
doing your mum should be an olympic sport
>>
>>345432793
The Olympic committee claims that dressage is a sport. You can at least forgive people for not taking them seriously.
>>
>>345432889
Chess is a game that requires skill. What makes competitive video games that require skill any different?
>>
>>345432952
What's so skillful about picking up a piece of wood and moving it to a different square?
>>
File: Gone_Home.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gone_Home.png
1 MB, 1280x720
So, was Gone Home a sport?
>>
>chess is a sport but vidya isn't
i mean yeah
>>
>>345433020
chess isn't a sport

any chess expert would laugh in your face if you called it a sport
>>
>>345433091
By definition a sport is something you do physically and competitively. Hitting buttons or picking up a pawn is physical and can be competitive.
>>
This whole vidya are not a sport reminds me of the whole smash is not a fighting game business.

Oh the irony.
>>
These motherfuckers need to shut the fuck up already, it aired on espn2 for fucks sake.

They will put literally anything on espn2, they should just be glad that it wasn't just a rerun of the abomination that sportcenter has become.

Growing up if I came home from school and threw on espn2 it was literally 2 straight hours of billiards trick shots.

If that can be on espn fucking 2, then why not some fucking street fighter, who cares
>>
>>345433205
except that playing video games is literally not a sport
>>
>>345432236
Well, it's balanced for starters.
>>
>>345433292
I guess spelling bees are sports but vidya isn't.

Okay.
>>
>>345433091
i mean sure it isn't, even though
>Chess is a recognized sport of the International Olympic Committee
>>
The real question is why isn't espn2 all womens beach volleyball all the time
>>
>>345433347
>>345433354
Spelling bees and video games are not sports

ESPN is retarded. The IOC is retarded. This is not new.
>>
>>345433431
I can call you a retard too and it would be just as effective as your argument.
>>
>>345433475
That'd be almost as epic as claiming video games is a sport.
>>
>>345433510
You're a stubborn bastard, you.
>>
>>345433292
I don't give a fuck. So long as it pisses off my dad who always said vidya amounted to nothing.

The fact that Melee, a game disk which he destroyed 3x while I was a teen, forcing me to buy new copies and keep them hidden, is on ESPN fills me with utter bliss.
>>
>>345431651
>YOU SHOULD GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY A REAL SPORT
>watches sports on TV
>>
Professional sports are just a primitive lets play.
>>
Honestly for me they should not be a sport.

But then, chess and other non-physical stuff are considered sports, so instead of debating about wetther they are a sport or not I don't care
>>
>>345433932
*tips fedora*

THIS. They're all just sportsball anyways
>>
>>345433004
What's so skillful about kicking a piece of rubber along some grass?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.