[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does GTA V run better on your rig than IV?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
Does GTA V run better on your rig than IV?
>>
Vastly better.
>>
>>345431189
I haven't played GTA IV on this PC...
>>
File: Untitled.png (35 KB, 738x481) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
35 KB, 738x481
>>345431228
Should I give it a shot on this laptop?

IV runs at 30-50 fps usually with a silky smooth drop to around 25 for a few secs when heavy shit goes down for that cinematic experience.

How would you expect V to run?
>>
>>345431189
gta 4 on max settings runs better than gta 5 on minimum

my 1gb vram is fucking killing me
>>
>>345431357
>920M
>i3 5005U

It won't run at all. I'd be amazed if you could start the game.

GTA IV runs worse than V on rigs that actually have decent power because it doesn't take advantage of them.
>>
>>345431189
GTAV runs better at 4k than IV runs at 720p
>>
>>345431520
I got a friend with the same laptop with 8 gb of ram instead of 4 and apparently it runs at around 30 fps but freezes for 1 sec or so every minute, I couldn't fucking live with that,so fuck it,I'll wait two more paychecks to build a kickass pc
>>
>>345431673
I didn't even notice you had only 4GB of ram. Yeah, you literally won't be able to start this game, seriously.
>>
>>345431808
I'll give it a go anyway just for the sake of it,it's almost done installing anyway.
>>
>>345431520
This. If you have a decent or better rig, GTA V runs much better. if you have a shitty one, IV will inherently run better just because the bare minimum graphical fidelity is much less. The bad optimization comes from not utilizing good hardware well at all.
>>
>>345431189
No
>>
>>345431519
exact same situation here.

that said running both games on medium settings doesn't show any performance issues which is kinda nice when your gpu is 6 years old.
>>
>>345431956
No, like really. 8GB or 6GB of RAM is the minimum requirement I think. The game is a RAM and VRAM hog.
>>
>>345432057
card?
>>
>>345431189

If by "rig" you mean "Xbox 360" then they both run pretty well I guess
>>
I'm playing through 4 right now and regularly play 5 online with friends.

I had to reinstall gfwl, edit a text file to make the game recognize my graphics card ram, and install some other files just to get the game to actually open past the social club window, but all said and done they both run pretty well.
>>
>>345431357
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCUtMgCRwSk
>>
on IV I get frame drops to 30-40 in some areas so yes, V runs better if we're judging SOLELY on that
>>
>>345431808
>>345432061
Alright negroes,I gave it a go,it runs pretty much like the xbox 360 version at 20-35 fps, obviously all on low.

Only problem is the fucking pop in,shitty fucking graphics obviously and, most important, it fucking freezes for 1-2 secs every once in a while.
If I could find a way to stop the freezing and to force my brain to adjust to the awful grafix I could indeed play it like this.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.