[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thanks G2A!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (68 KB, 561x473) Image search: [Google]
file.png
68 KB, 561x473
Thanks G2A!
>>
What game?
>>
>>345429280
RimJobworld
>>
I know g2a is shit but is cdkeys.com on the same level?
>>
>>345429393
yeah, u want my referral code senpai?

WE PYRAMID SCHEME UP IN THIS BITCH
>>
>People only know finding out g2a is a scam
wew lads
>>
>>345429082
If you want to pay for the game, buy it from the official sites
If you want the game for cheap, pirate it.
>>
>>345429431
>referral code
what?
>>
File: PYRAMID.jpg (180 KB, 1670x1001) Image search: [Google]
PYRAMID.jpg
180 KB, 1670x1001
>>345429543

just like the loser youtubers putting their G2A links in every video they make. cdkeys wants that action too.

to think that everybody could just get every game those websites sell for 5% off instead of giving it to retard advertiser youtubers...
>>
>>345429393
It's slightly different. G2A is based in Hong Kong outside the law where it can act freely as a gray market for stolen and illegitimate sellers.

cdkeys buys up region locked keys and resells them as global keys. It's registered and operates under United States law.
>>
>>345429834
I remember when people were briefly pushing G2A on /v/ last year because of this shit.
>>
>>345429834
Welp I guess I'm not giving some fucking youtubers any money. That's fucking dumb.

>>345429925
So there's much less of a chance that they're stolen keys then, right? It's more "legit"?
>>
>>345429082

see i've already predicted this years ago, all Valve has to do is check CDkey for any of their game listings and deactivate the keys.
>>
>>345430009
>So there's much less of a chance that they're stolen keys then, right? It's more "legit"?
Not really that's just what they nominally say. They could be buying from G2A and reselling stuff. I've noticed their prices are either very close or $1 more than G2A.

It's all part of the washing of bad goods. Buy credit card info from a black hat kiddie. Buy up games. Sell keys on G2A directly or to a seller on G2A for a discount (immediate $, no risk of keys suddenly being canceled). G2A seller lists them and users/other sites buy them. Now they're on cdkeys and you're 5 or 10 steps removed from the Russian that stole Susan Bojangles from Wisconsins Visa card.
>>
>>345430402
Welp. That's pretty shady. Thanks for the info anon.
>>
>>345429082
Most of the cd key sites are ran by shady fucks and the devs get almost zero money from the sale. You might as well just pirate the game.
>>
>>345430663
It usually is. There's a lot of paths and usually not legit ones.

Maybe they just bought up 5,000 keys during a sale and sat on them and are asking for 75% off instead of 50%? Maybe they were only supposed to be available to South Koreans but they were global keys so a SK national bought up 10,000 and made them available globally at that price + 5%.

Or maybe the key you're buying was stolen and your accounts now waiting for a CC company to notify the original distributor and it'll be canceled, leaving you to put a stop payment on it and dispute the charge with paypal/your bank.

Key sites can work out or cause you to spend more time getting your money back than the money saved.
>>
>>345429082
so his name is actually tynan?
Interesting.
>>
>>345430964
Yeah that's why I only buy Blizzard games from key sites. Fuck them.
>>
>>345429082
The same shit happened to MangaGamer earlier this year.
>>
>>345430964
The bigger issue is how those shady fucks got their keys. And most of them got it from using stolen credit cards. And when people find out their card was used illegally, they do chargebacks. Then the game company gets fucked over having to pay back every sale and then a fine for every sale.
>>
>>345429510
>scam

Have bought all kinds of shit from them because you can't pirate multiplayer games you dishes and I'm not paying 60 fucking American dorra. When I can get it for 20

>but those keys are stolen

Like I give a fuck m8 I'd pirate if it wasn't something I wanted to play in multiplayer
>>
>>345432003
You've gotten lucky so far that nobody has done a chargeback and then the company takes away your key.

Most people never ever realize there's a fraudulent charge on their card. That's the sad truth of how people don't pay attention to their statements.
>>
>>345432256
Well I've had games for over 2 years so if it gets canceled now I got my money worth
>>
>>345432256
>Most people never ever realize there's a fraudulent charge on their card.

It's also true that there are people who don't realize when a steam game has been removed from their account until they want to play it again (which is almost never).
>>
>About 50 of my steam game were bought from g2a

please god no
>>
>>345432003

I've used GMG to buy some stuff; they don't seem that shady.

Honestly, I don't give a fuck though because I only buy multiplayer games and pirate single player games.

Even if it takes months to crack, I've got a backlog of other pirated games to change.

There must always be a backlog.
>>
>>345431813

>MangaGamer

These poor guys.

>Work to get us: Kara No Shoujo and Kara No Shoujo 2 and Euphoria translated.
>Everyone just pirates their games.

God bless America.
>>
File: 1468471875820.png (1 MB, 1587x1600) Image search: [Google]
1468471875820.png
1 MB, 1587x1600
>>345429082
Just pirate the game you triple nigger. If you are so cheap you resort to buying keys off this trashy web site why even buy at all?

Why pay for something you can get for free in the first place?
>>
>>345433938
This. If the reason you're buying is to support the developer, then you're most probably not doing that by buying off g2a. If it's saving money, then why in fuck won't you just pirate it?
>>
>>345432763
inventory gifting is still allowed and there's a lot of safety measures around it to prevent this kind of thing
>>
>>345433938
>>345434841

Is the concept of "online" and "online drm" so much beyond you people?
Why do you keep repeating the same shit instead of thinking for yourself for a minute?
>>
>>345435503
was an always online feature added?
I still have a DRM free version of Alpha 14 I can download from my sendowl link
>>
>>345433173

GMG is a legit establishment though

Stuff like G2A is not
>>
>>345435985
>GMG is a legit establishment though
didn't they had an issue with some game last year? don't remember details but there were whole lot of articles
>>
>>345436138

Even steam has issues like that
>>
>>345436169
seems like they now tell where keys come from, so yeah, no problem here.
>>
>>345433379
Kara no Shoujo 2 didn't sell very well, did it? It hurts that it's such a niche thing and we might never have KnS 3 translated because of it. Considering some of the stuff you can find on Steam, I don't think it would be too far-fetched seeing it in there in a couple of years.
>>
>>345436138

Their issue is that they didn't get their keys directly from CDPR, and they were butthurt about it. The keys they got were not stolen
>>
>>345436419
>CDPR, and they were butthurt about it.
goddamit CDPR
>>
>>345436169
rimworld
>>
>>345432452
>It's also true that there are people who don't realize when a steam game has been removed from their account until they want to play it again (which is almost never).

Steam actually notifies you with a pop up notice when a game is removed from your library due to key recall.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.