[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this a bad Castlevania compared to OoE and AoS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: cdos7.jpg (28 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
cdos7.jpg
28 KB, 300x225
Why is this a bad Castlevania compared to OoE and AoS?
>>
>that stylus shit you had to do at the end of every boss fight
>>
>OoE > DoS > PoR

All three of them are really good, tho'
>>
>AoS
>Find good weapons by exploring
>DoS
>Want a weapon that isn't shit? Enjoying farming for souls to upgrade weapons with and ending up overleveled.
>>
>best boss btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_aWxToj5DY&index=2
>>
>>345427847
Julius Mode is good enough to redeem it, but if you consider regular mode it's inferior to both the other games. The way souls and upgrades work means you need to farm souls instead of just finding stuff, making it hard to experiment with souls when the standard one usually sucks.
>>
>>345427847

The story and setting were uninspired. You can tell they wanted to make more Aria on the NDS, but had no clue how to do it. In the end, I don't even remember the plot at all.

It takes place at "some place", and it has Dracula's mosnters for some reason. Can't remember why that is.

Also monsters, especially early on feel really randomly placed.

Bosses were really cool and challenging for once.
>>
>>345427847
It isn't?
>>
>>345430507
Crazy cultists want to revive Dracula, but since Dracula isn't a bad enough dude anymore they got more people who were born in 1999 aboard and try to kill Soma so one of them can inherit Dracula's soul and power. Their plan B was to kill Soma's waifu so he got mad at humanity like in his previous life.

The castle is there because they somehow were powerful enough to recreate Dracula's Castle out of thin air.

I mean, the plot itself wasn't THAT bad. It's just that they managed to make it pretty underwhelming. Julius mode, now, is fun as fuck and I wouldn't mind seeing it as how things really happened.
>>
>>345428124
>implying you even had to use the stylus
what's wrong, anon? can't trace a simple line?
>>
>>345430742
Got a couple things wrong there.
>>
File: 1453796959986.jpg (442 KB, 619x819) Image search: [Google]
1453796959986.jpg
442 KB, 619x819
Stupid early DS game touch screen gimmicks.

But it's not bad
>>
File: 2016-07-18_00-16-32.png (78 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-18_00-16-32.png
78 KB, 1366x768
>>345430507
I know they wanted Aria 2.0 but I still kinda feel bad that Battle of 1999 / Julius never got his own game and probably never will. Julius mode in dawn was pretty cool. Nice they made the extra effort with the final fight.
The Light Novel had some cool Denasty callbacks and Julius is pretty chill.

Still.
>>345428325
Agreed. OoE had a fantastic soundtrack too.
>>
File: 1373315077287.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1373315077287.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>Use Cave Troll soul on Dmitrii
>He starts shooting a tongue out of his armpit with less range than his knife melee attack.
>>
>>345427847
I love how dark DoS was.
>>
>>345427847

DoS is great, fuck off nigger.
>>
>>345428429
SHANOAAAAAAAAUUGGHH!!!!!!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.