[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
am I the only one who thinks Other M > Prime trilogy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>
you genuinely might be, yes
>>
File: 1467984612548.gif (1 MB, 480x358) Image search: [Google]
1467984612548.gif
1 MB, 480x358
>thinking other M > anything
>>
>>345427676
Prime trilogy is way better anon.
Now, Other M being unfairly shat on? You might be onto something. But don't expect to have a fair conversation with metroidfags. It's useless.
>>
>>345427676
Yes you are, and I don't even like the Prime series.
>>
>>345427821
I think Other M has better gameplay overall even though the story of the trilogy is quite nice
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 301x353) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 301x353
>shitty, tiresome gameplay with ass controls that gets boring quickly yet is somehow upheld as enough to redeem the game
>linear as fuck with barely any level design at all, defeats the purpose of a Metroid game
>visuals are just so fucking awful in every way
>singlehandedly destroyed the impact of Super Metroid's final sequence, the characters of Samus and Adam, and the canon at large
Defend this.
>>
Yep, remove youself from existence, fag.
>>
>>345427952
>Where's Waldo? sections
>unnecessary and retarded missile controls in first person shoehorned in because muh prime
>slow-ass over the shoulder segments
>rest of the gameplay consists of auto-firing everything and quick dodges
Other M might have some "good gameplay", but it's buried beneath so much fucking garbage that it doesn't mean shit. I tried to like the game. I really did. It's disappointing and infuriating, because every time I try to play it I feel like there was once a decent game here. Unfortunately, the entire game is a series of shit decisions and design choices.

I fucking pirated that shit when it came out because I was floored by the fact that half of /v/ was shitting on a new fucking Metroid game. Little did I know at the time that they had every reason to, and now 90% of the people here probably rightfully shit on this game.
>>
>>345427676
You are more than likely the only person in the world with this opinion.
>>
I fucking hope so.

Other M, in my opinion, was one of those rare games that were offensive in every way possible. I hate when people act like it was at least fun to play - it fucking wasn't. I didn't enjoy a single thing about that game.
>>
>>345427676
The game is a pile of shit. It tries to be 6 games in 1.
>Classic Metroid
>Metroid Prime
>Ninja Gaiden
>Resident Evil
>Metal Gear Solid (story)
>Where's Waldo
The game literally didn't know what the fuck it wanted to be and with the reused storyline of Fusion and making it along with Samus and Adam's personalities, the game has absolutely no redeeming qualities. Fusion may have been linear but at least that game would block off paths and force you to explore on your own to reach the waypoint by using locations NOT ON THE MAP something I really can't say for the garbage known as Other M.
>>
>>345430639
>Resident Evil

>those completely pointless over-the-shoulder parts where you do NOTHING but walk around

What was the fucking point? Jesus christ. Why did Sakamoto think that was a good idea?

Funny thing as well, I'd always wanted an OTS Metroid game so the first time I got to those sections I was like, "Hey this is kinda cool!" Then it was pretty clear that they did nothing with those bits. That whole bit in the lab where you had to walk slowly from one room all the way over to that one other room, then do it again after a cutscene made me more mad than almost anything else from a video game. It was just so fucking stupid.
>>
>>345427676
you are correct though
prime trilogy is fucking garbage and shouldnt have the metroid name on it
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.