[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>after first 10 games, place only 30 because 0 wins 10 losses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: internal_screaming.jpg (44 KB, 406x339) Image search: [Google]
internal_screaming.jpg
44 KB, 406x339
>after first 10 games, place only 30 because 0 wins 10 losses
>decide to stop supporting my fucking retarded team
>go edgy lone wolf style with Reaper
>almost at 50 now

Does it get any better after 50? Do people start playing as a team? Do people pick 3 Hanzos on Attack? Do people stay Symmetra after the first point is captured? Do people still run in front of Reins shield instead of shooting from behind his? Do Lucios know that they can switch to healing instead of sitting on speed all game? Do Widows know that they aren't needed on attack? Do Hanzos still tell people to go healer and then scream at you when you tell them Hanzo isn't needed on Illios?
>>
60 is supposed to be the promised land. At around 45 people start to think they're hot shit, and you can expect how that goes over when fucking anything goes wrong.
>>
>>345423691
>At around 45 people start to think they're hot shit
Fucking how? Doesn't being less than 50 mean you're worse than half the people who play the game?
>>
I fucking hate incompetent teammates
I also hate when everyone else insta-picks a dps character that is useless then asks me to play tank or healer when and im always forced to.
>>
>>345423830
"It's not my fault I keep losing! It's my stupid team mates! That's why my rank is so terrible!"
>>
Is there a reason to play competitive mode?
>>
>>345424426
It's superior to quick play unless you're a thin-skinned faggot who can't handle people blaming you for a loss, or unless you don't like the longer matches.

Really the only reason I play competitive over quick play is just because people are much less likely to leave when the match isn't going their way.
>>
File: no_fucks_given.gif (1020 KB, 318x212) Image search: [Google]
no_fucks_given.gif
1020 KB, 318x212
>>345423970
OP here. I instalock reaper and havent looked back. Everytime someone screams at me to change, i get POTM without a Q, and get 3 gold medals.

Carrying is easy. Thats all you gotta do to get out. Carryvwith DPS until high rank. THEN you team up.
>>
>>345423830
No. For example Lvl 50 is around the 25th percentile. Probably should change the rank system.
>>
>>345423313
So people don't play supports/healing classes in ranked games? Interesting.

Will blizzard buff the healers in the next patch?
>>
>>345424696
>Really the only reason I play competitive over quick play is just because people are much less likely to leave when the match isn't going their way.
I had quite a few games in which people left in ranked mode. What's even worse is that you get no replacement so you are utterly fucked then.
>>
>>345424835
OP is exaggerating. Pretty rare for me to find a team without a healer, and I usually don't play as one.
>>
>>345423830
No. A lot of people are worse than the best players at the lowest rank. If there were negative ranks you would see the bell curve and see that the average lies towards the lowest tiers.
>>
>>345424696
I haven't bothered to try it since I've been on a business trip and the internet here gives me a ping of around 200, but I've heard nothing but complains, and I haven't had an issue with people leaving.
>>
>>345424827
But that's wrong
http://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/pc/global/mode/ranked/category/skillrating

It really is centred around 50
>>
>>345424426
It depends on your attitude. To me it's just quickplay where I occasionally get purple coins.
>>
>NA
>people communicating over voice is a norm

>EU
>the only time people say anything is when they type in chat in all caps profanities against their team members

Somebody invent tachyons so I can play overseas.
>>
>>345426856
>NA
>people communicating over voice is a norm
I hear people on the mic only once every few matches in competitive, and never in quick play.
>>
>>345427663
Quick play is irrelevant.
>>
>>345424426
More nerdrage and nofunallowed, but less paint-licking retards.
>>
File: 1458410326909.jpg (139 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1458410326909.jpg
139 KB, 1024x768
>aim is shit, reflexes are shit, everything about me is shit, even my luck
>the fucking stars align and I get incredibly lucky with my solo queue placement matches (9-1)
>placed at rank 61
>get carried away and play some more comp
>get btfo, bringing all of my teammates' ranks down with mine
>can't play competitive this season anymore because I'll fuck over people who are actually good and because I don't want to see my rank plummet even more

JUST
>>
>>345423313
>Do people stay Symmetra after the first point is captured?

Hey now, don't say things you can't take back. Some of my best moments as Symmetra have been protecting B or the payload.
>>
>>345428207
Start playing Lucio. It's what I do when I want to fuck around and take it easy.

I mean if you're gonna waste time playing might as well potentially get some comp points out of it right?
>>
>>345426612

>tfw rank 58 after placement

I'm in the top 14% of players but I feel like I'm not even that great at the game, just less retarded than most people I play with in quickplay. Is that really all you need to be above average in this game?
>>
>>345429717
I can't even aim and I'm at 57. The majority of players just aren't very good. If you ever played Dota 2 everybody and the mother was in the 99th percentile.
>>
>tfw keep getting bounced around from 47-49 and can't get higher

I get all the medals every fuckin game damnit
>>
>>345424426
If you actually want to test your skills comp is the mode to play, if you dont try hard you will get fucking stomped hard. This makes the wins more satisfying because you know its hard fought unless you are really fucking good and just stomp
>>
>>345423691
60 is cancer meta whoring especially koth, have fun with reaper soldier lucio roadhog zarya on every single team.
>>
>>345430618
Yeah but it's pretty satisfying winning against 2xlucio, 2xwinston, 2xtracer tryhard groups.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.