[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the better game for competitive play, Melee or Sm4sh?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: smash or melee.jpg (193 KB, 2000x550) Image search: [Google]
smash or melee.jpg
193 KB, 2000x550
Which is the better game for competitive play, Melee or Sm4sh? I'd say Melee.
>>
Melee, easy.

You see less characters, but the game is faster, has more involved combos and a more interesting ledge game, and is more fun to watch and play, imo.

Just saying this now, this thread, should it survive any meaningful amount of time, is probably going to end up as some sort of flamewar. I hope you are ready for that possibility, OP.
>>
>>345422019
What's the point of this thread if you're going to /thread it in the first post.
>>
>>345422271
>That spoiler
Maybe that's the reason I started the thread in the first place ; )
>>
>>345422019
Melee is like third strike and sm4sh is like sf4 both are great games but one is obviously better competitively for its batshit insane speed, intense combos and high skill ceiling. Casually both games are great and fun but competitively melee has a big advantage.
>>
I want to see a Sm4sh player's perspective. I'm getting tired of seeing Meleefriends' same objective reasons on why Melee is the better competitive game.
>>
Smash 4
just kidding Melee is so much better
>>
>>345422481
With the way this board is these days (shit), I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>345422019
Melee. If you're going to be a doofus at least make it engaging.
>>
>>345422019
MELEE YOU FUCKING DUMB FAGGOT
>>
>>345423014
when making a thread i mean
>>
>>345423014
I'll be more engaging with your mom
>>
The only thing sm4sh does on a similar level to Melee is ledges. The indefinite ledge invincibility in Melee and the immediate ledge trumping and complete removal of edgehogs in sm4sh are two extremes of a broken system. Ledge invincibility should be truly invincible, i.e can't be trumped off of the ledge.

Also slow ledge moves past 100% should be brought back.
>>
>>345423572
I'm going to be engaged to your mom i mean
>>
They're both good for different reasons. After several years though I've gotten bored with Melee since outside of Plup and HBox, there isn't all that much variety. You can only watch so many Fox Uthrow Uairs.

Smash 4 has more variety and they're still mining new shit out, plus patches keep thing fresh. Also watching Zero lose is too much fun.

Melee is better to play but Smash 4 is better to watch, I guess.
>>
>>345423614
Why would you want a more shallow mechanic?
>>
Please try a little harder with your bait anon
>>
File: 1391123489221.jpg (69 KB, 405x750) Image search: [Google]
1391123489221.jpg
69 KB, 405x750
Whatever you you prefer

I like spamming specials so I like smash4
>>
>>345424092
what about OPs post is bait?
>>
I like 4 more for the greater number of characters that are viable in it and as a bonus the difference between a low tier and high tier isn't that insane like it is in melee. Reminds me of 64 some only with far more characters.
>>
I've been enjoying and appreciating Smash 4 for what it is. I think it's a great game and I prefer it over Melee. However, there's no denying the fact that Melee is just a more competitive game. It's a very technical and it'll probably continue to be that way.

I do love Smash in general, though. I just wish Smash 4 and Melee fans would get along.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.