[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
What went wrong?
>>
2.fjg died
>>
>>345421628
Nothing?
>>
>>345421628
something was wrong?
>>
Nothing
>>
Wakarimasen
>>
Tripwire being lying jews
>>
>>345421628

It's clunky, and this is coming from someone who plays arma 3.
>>
They insisted on tinkering with the engine, making it unviable to port the game to Linux later and forcing me to run it on Wine with abysmal frame rates is what went wrong.
Also lack of tank variety, more combined arms maps and RS was clearly a mistake.
>>
>>345422494
RS >>>>> RO2
>>
>>345422476
>Arma 3
>Ah, just gonna deploy these bipods
>Oops, accidentally hit V
>Char proceeds to jump over a railing on a balcony
10/10 been playing it for 30 hours straight.
>>
When are they gonna make a Red Orchestra MMO like WW2 Online?
>>
File: image.jpg (432 KB, 1020x1462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
432 KB, 1020x1462
>>345421628
>>
File: 1468330840010.jpg (35 KB, 400x583) Image search: [Google]
1468330840010.jpg
35 KB, 400x583
>>345421628

>Terrible sound design/engine/mixing

>UE3

>Buggy, clunky animations. Sometimes while proning your guy will randomly fucking stand up. You can't place your tripod when you clearly should fucking be able too. Sometimes jumping to prone position will make you fall through the map.

>The cover system is absolutely useless and it's better to just use the lean system.

>Automatic weapons have nowhere near as much recoil as they should, makes every team with more automatic weapons or better automatic weapons the superior team.

>You have to fucking unlock the drum barrel mag for the PPSH, taking away one of the key balancing factors towards balancing germans vs russians.

>Insane amounts of bullet lag, even when you have good ping shooting moving targets can be a fucking pain.

>The injury system is retarded, you aren't slow after being shot in the legs like RO1, your aim isn't fucked for being shot in the spleen. YOU CAN SURVIVE BEING SHOT IN THE FUCKING VITAL ORGANS IF YOU BANDAGE THEM.

>Suppression system is inferior to Darkest of Days.

>Tanks are still bugged to fuck sometimes.

>Flamethrowers really just fucking tear shit up, the game was supposed to be balanced around the Banzai factor and even a shitty flamer can completely fuck that in the ass. Not to mention the amount of supremely good weapons the US has in comparison to every other team in either games.

>Game was obviously streamlined to try and bring in a bit more of the battlefield/call of duty crowd and it completely fell on it's ass for it.

>UE3 looks like complete fucking uber garbage, everything looks muddy and ugly and theres tons of fucking pop-in even on ultra settings.

>The game was completely fucking unoptimized at launch, people with good rigs but with certain hardware were struggling to get the game to run beyond 40fps at launch.

>A lot of maps are meh.

WHAT WENT RIGHT:

>You character isn't a fat ass slow fuck with no cardio. You can actually sprint decent distances.
>>
pop in textures

tripwire ignored their comeptitive players

unbelievable load times

combined arms content almost completely ignored

tank-only content completely ignored

not even a fraction of the tanks available that were in ostfront

just generally a worse game than ostfront in most respects
>>
Did you play it on release? It was horrendous. At least we now have an good game with some big issues still (my biggest annoyance is that flames seem to eat bullets). Tripwire really dropped the ball and kept making empty promises that they still haven't fucking followed through on.
>>
>>345424862
This right fucking here.

This fucking guy gets it.

Let me tip my fucking M42 Stahlhelm for just a moment here and say you folks that never played Ostfront in its golden years don't know the true potential of what RO2 could've been.
>>
>>345421676
All of them? That's great.
>>
>>345426692
>pop in textures
You'd think they would make fixing this a priority, since a lot of the game is pixel hunting with bolt action rifles.
>>
Besides everything that went fucking wrong, the community is also shit and the server choices at its current stage is mega shit.

Campaign mode was a god damn mistake.

Literally a never ending cycle of the same god damn maps played every single time. No chance for great custom maps to be played, ever.

TWI are a bunch of money grabbing Jews that betrayed their once loyal fanbase though.

Fuck The Wild Bunch too, two timing fucks. Fuck you 2. FJG you fucking faggots.

Fuck you Merril's Cocksuckers I hope someone calls you faggots just that IRL. God knows how fucking emotionally destroyed you'll get considering the uproar it causes in a video game.

I hope the Spirit of Dead Soldiers haunt TWI for fucking ever.
>>
>>345427546
>Literally a never ending cycle of the same god damn maps played every single time.
Fucking this. I haven't touched the game since May because I couldn't will myself to keep playing the same 6 maps every fucking time.
>>
File: 1450057263816.jpg (146 KB, 375x550) Image search: [Google]
1450057263816.jpg
146 KB, 375x550
>>345427546
>Campaign mode was a god damn mistake.
This. There is now zero map rotation. You're playing the same handful of maps over and over because those are the ones that are easiest to attack or defend. I wouldn't mind it if it was just a few servers that did it, but there are only like 3 active servers left depending on your region, and they are all running campaign.
>>
File: ARVN_portrait36.jpg (59 KB, 936x544) Image search: [Google]
ARVN_portrait36.jpg
59 KB, 936x544
How fucked is Rising Storm 2 at this point?
>>
>>345428063
I couldn't give 2 shits about that game. I'm not even being fucking edgy. I'm dropping Red Orchestra. Suck my fucking dick TWI. Smell my balls and dick.
>>
>>345428063
The Vietnamese just look like Japanese clones. I don't expect much but I'm holding out hope that they don't fuck it up too bad.
>>
File: 1454357622164.gif (980 KB, 172x140) Image search: [Google]
1454357622164.gif
980 KB, 172x140
>>345427871
>>345427808
>>345427546
>RS_Hanto
>RS_Iwo Jima
>fuck this, I'll try the only other server on this hemisphere
>RS_Hanto
>RS_Iwo Jima
I want off this crazy ride.
>>
Huh, I didn't realize people hated this game for one reason or another. I've played like 155 hours and I enjoyed the vast majority of it. I didn't play the first game but RO2 is one of my favorite games and at least top 3 shooters of all time.

I don't get the "tripwire jew" thing either. However, Rising Storm does seem shit compared to RO2, and the U.S guns are way too good compared to the Japanese who have nothing but bolt actions.
>>
>>345428728
If you played the first game you would understand.
>I don't get the "tripwire jew" thing either.
KF2 m8.
>>
>>345428728
It's fun. But they promised ALOT of things, which sadly never came.
>>
>>345428845
But you see if you didn't play the first game you'd understand too. Your expectations were just really high.

What is KF2?

>>345429034
Like?
>>
File: angry anime girl.jpg (30 KB, 307x386) Image search: [Google]
angry anime girl.jpg
30 KB, 307x386
SNLF mod.

Yeah you know who you are you fucking sperg
>>
>>345429337
>Your expectations were just really high.
You'd notice things like how they completely failed to utilize tanks at all, even if you never heard of the first game.
>>
>>345425687
>Drum mag is balance against the germans
Lets give the close range suppression and rape machine that is the PPSh MORE ammo.
>>
>>345429437
I hate tanks in shooters. I'd rather tanks weren't in the game at all.

>>345429469
I felt like the gun never got killshots unless I used short bursts and aimed at vital organs, while the German autos were all armor piercing or some shit.
>>
>>345429607
>I hate tanks in shooters. I'd rather tanks weren't in the game at all.
Alright, so you're just b8ing me. Not bad.
>>
>>345428063
You like Red Orchestra? Well it's nothing like that :^) But you still die in a couple hits
>>
>>345429337
>What is KF2?
Killing Floor 2. Skines like csgo while it's in Early Access
>>
>>345429337
More maps, more vehicles - as in content that would equal or provide more than the first game.

They promised to give us SU-76, half tracks with AT guns.

Also, developers don't listen to community.
>>
>>345430035
Oh, and this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcEihd_oGwQ
>>
>>345429662
They ruin the game for me. Either they're useless or way too strong. I don't like getting murdered and feeling helpless about it. Even being in a tank murdering everyone feels bad.

>>345429980
I don't give a fuck about a game I'm never going to play
>>
>>345421628
RO2 took out a lot of the depth RO1 had, and also got no fucking support for a good year despite being a buggy piece of shit. Seriously, tanks barely worked until a fucking year after release, and they took even longer to add a second vehicle.
Rising Storm's good, though.
>>
>>345430406
>They ruin the game for me. Either they're useless or way too strong.
That's the fucking point. They implemented them in the worst fucking way. On most maps they are fucking useless. The first game handled tanks so much better, they even had tank centered maps that were a lot of fun. As they are in RO2, they're some vestigial organ that should have been removed before release.
>>
>>345430528
>it took them literal years to make the game not bug the fuck out when you tried to spawn into a tank
>>
People whining about Americans being OP when the Jap rifles are stellar and knee mortar is off the chain.

That's about it.
>>
>>345430865
>Jap rifles are stellar
Why
>knee mortar is off the chain
I've seen maybe two people good with them. They aren't even fun to use.
>>
>>345430865
People still don't realize you can use hand grenades as mines.
>>
>>345430924
>They aren't even fun to use.
Are you sure you're using them right? As long as you have basic map knowledge, and know the American's likely avenue of approach, having a knee mortar is basically free kills.
>>
>>345431016
lol no
>>
>>345425687
>Terrible sound design
stopped reading there
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.