[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo NX has: >Non gimmicky, non stupid catchy name >Standard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9
File: nx.jpg (39 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
nx.jpg
39 KB, 1000x562
Nintendo NX has:

>Non gimmicky, non stupid catchy name
>Standard controls with some flavour or improvements
>Powerful hardware
>Easy to develop for
>Plays blu rays or embraces media streaming and services
>Decently priced
>Basically SNES 2.0 minus the drawbacks of carts
>Has all 3rd parties on board, EA, Ubi, Acti, etc etc
>Also has Mario, Zelda, Splatoon, Smash, etc etc
>Pokemon MMO

This kills the Sony Corporation
>>
>>345408935
This thread is stupid.
>>
>>345408935
So basically you just listed everything that would make a perfect console, which pretty much applies to any of the three brands, and something that can only happen in a perfect world? Inspiring thread.
>>
>>345408935
Ehh, Nintendo is irrelevant in most continents.
Sony has already raped the market
>>
>>345408935
Except for the Nintendo games

You described a ps4
>>
>Pokemon MMO

Could you fuck off with this retarded idea already?
>>
>>345409147
>Implying people wouldn't main a PS4 like system that had Mario and Zelda on it

>Implying there would be a reason at that point to even buy a sony system

Sony's exclusives sell shit compared to Nintys
>>
>>345409282
Mario and Zelda sell well but not that impressive
>>
>>345409270
It's not that retarded.
Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest got their own MMOs.
A Pokemon one would be awesone
>>
>>345409457
You're ignoring my point.

If you could get everything PS4 has + Mario and Zelda, no one would buy the Sony system as their main.

If Nintendo ever goes back to making a standard, 3rd party friendly system, it's over. The only reason Xbox and Sony have even survived or existed is because Nintendo has thrown them the ball while they experimented with wacky shit.
>>
>>345409681
> If you could get everything PS4 has + Mario and Zelda, no one would buy the Sony system as their main.

No
>>
>>345408935
Stole Nexon's currency name. What originality.
Two thumbsticks ON THE SCREEN. OBSCURING VISION.
>Powerful hardware
"It's not about the hardware" -Reggie when asked about the hardware
>Easy to develop for
X86. Fucking over 3rd party devs again.
JUST LIKE EVERY SINGLE CURRENT GEN CONSOLE AND PC. Also you're deluding yourself if you don't think "social media" is another Nintendo-policed autism filled Miiverse.
>Decently priced
Not hard when your device has about $30 worth of actual hardware in it
That's a funny way of saying smartphones.
X86. Each of those studios will develop one game and make a shitty port then never port again.
>giving a shit about 1st party Nintendo games.
>Pokemon MMO
Nobody will play it. Too busy with Pokemon Go.

Congratulations. You have absolutely nothing to offer. Any more "pros"?
>>
>>345409796
No one gives that strongly a shit about Uncharted etc. They don't even sit on the scale compared to Ninty's IP's.

Like I said. You get a Ninty system that is hardware and price and feature competitive with the others, but also has it's own software in addition to all the 3rd parties, it would be a disgusting landslide victory for Nintendo over the other two.

Sony would be left with it's massive deficit sitting in it's hand while it crumbled.
>>
>>345409832
>Implying Pokemon GO and the MMO won't be companion games linked together

shiggy diggy, this is just phase 1, learn 4D chess
>>
>>345410196
Pokemon Go is developed by a mobile game company. You're deluded if you think that is going to port over to the NX which is not a phone and doesn't have the functionality of a smartphone, and you're especially deluded if you think giving mobile game devs control of an MMO is a good idea.
>>
>>345409832
>x86 fucking over 3rd party devs again

>blackmanquestionmarks
>>
>>345410415
>Port over

That's not what I'm talking about, you retarded 15 year old. I said companion games. The two games would be linked. Your character and pokemon would transfer over, real world events and activities would correspond to ingame MMO ones.
>>
>>345410463
>not knowing the first thing about computers

As expected of nintentoddlers.
>>
>>345410586
PS4 and Xbone are x86 based architecture you retarded idiot. Nintendo have been otherwise using PowerPC for years.
>>
>>345410682
Which part of my post did I say anything about x86?

Go ahead. Amuse me.
>>
>>345410682
you're a complete dumbass
>>
>>345410758
I need more question marks here I think

>>345409832
>X86. Fucking over 3rd party devs again.

Which is why I then replied with this

>>345410463

Which you then replied with

>>345410586

And here we are? x86 is what devs want, you fucking retard.
>>
>>345410886
How am I a dumbass for stating the the real factual account that PS4 and Xbone both use x86 architecture?

Is this not a fact?
>>
>>345410092
>would
>would
>would
>>
>>345410893
And anon delivers as always. Congratulations for amusing me, you complete and utter retard.
>>
>>345411114
Delivers what? Who are you talking to?

What are you even talking about?. PS4 and Xbone both use x86-64 architecture, as modern chipsets do.

NX is rumored to be using x86 instead of it's PowerPC it's been using for years. Dev's want this.

I was then told that "x86 is bad for devs" which makes absolutely no sense.

You then just led me on a while shitposting goosechase of retarded whodunnits. What the fuck even is going on.
>>
>>345408935
In your dreams.
>>
File: 1378263732758.jpg (26 KB, 608x523) Image search: [Google]
1378263732758.jpg
26 KB, 608x523
>>345408935
Remember the project name for the Wii? The Nintendo Revolution.

Codeword for the Wii-U pad re-skinned I bet. Taking all bets the the touch tech will still be just as shitty.

>Powerful hardware
>laughinggirls.jpg

>Easy to develop for
The Xboner has a near identical architecture to a windows pc. Doubt it can get much easier.

I will chop off my own dick and eat it if Nintendo does this.

>Decently priced
Fair enough. Nintendo systems save for the 3DS have usually launched with good prices.

Elaborate. This can easily mean a console more powerful than the SNES with almost no OS that only boots into games.

Didn't the Wii-U have that in the beginning?

Fair enough, but lets be honest here. These aren't game changers. I love Zelda and Smash, but there is a crowd for every IP. On a Nintendo system or not.

>Pokemon MMO
Needs sauce.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but I want to be realistic. I am a fan of NIntendo, but it's pretty hard to be excited about anything they do since about half into the life of the Wii.
>>
>>345409832
>X86. Each of those studios will develop one game and make a shitty port then never port again.
Uh, bud. You know that PC's and PS4's and gang all use x86 right? What do you think is inside your shitposting machine?
>>
>>345408935
No account system no buy.
>>
>>345408935
I know you're pulling all of this out of your ass since pretty much nothing of what you said is confirmed, but you're objectively wrong on this point
>>
Its AR
They wont talk about it because microsoft already has the holo lens and they could easily beat them to the punch
>>
>>345411467
I've read they are doing away with the touchpad, i'd imagine it'd connect for backwards compatibility but I'm just assuming. I think what he meant by SNES 2.0 was it was a powerful system and had tons of third party support, because for awhile the big games on Nintendo's systems have been their own
>>
Pokemon MMO will forever be a stupid idea.
>>
>>345411715
Are we going to pretend the Xbox One wasn't the biggest, gimmick name this gen?
>>
>>345408935
yeah so did the wii u, look how fucking well it turned out for them, look what a success it was, look what nintendo is today, look LOOK LOOK LOOK LOK LOOK
>>
>>345412582
How?

It's a turn based RPG based on collecting things and has historically had an incredibly lengthy playtime even in just single player.

Once you add the MMO tropes of cosmetics and collectibles, dressing up your pokemon etc like the show, aesthetically changing them (a fatter, slower but stronger Pikachu for example, a skinnier, lean but fast as fuck Kanghaskhan)

It constantly is brought up because it would indeed work beautifully as an MMO out of the gate. The trainer battles on the way to routes? Those are replaced by pvp in level ranges.

It would literally just work.
>>
>>345413156
Those 3rd parties never had the intention of sticking around, they half assed their games and support and were responsible for group assassination of the console.
>>
>>345413156
Initially, then it was too much of a hassle for those chucklefucks to develop for the touchpad
>>
>plays blu-rays and embraces streaming media

yeah fucking right. The Wii U didn't even have a goddamn ethernet port.
>>
>>345413346
>mfw Gym's are literally players that sit at X level range of pokemon and stay dominant on that server
>There's no single gym leader, you get pooled into fighting anyone on the server who qualifies as the gym leader, gym leaders must use X types of pokemon

Could work pretty good. You beat the first gym, and decide you want to be a gym leader at it. You earn your gym leader status by beating off scrubs from your gym
>>
File: 1418004993647.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1418004993647.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>it's a Nintendrone wishful thinking episode

oh wait that's the whole season
>>
File: 320x240_7.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
320x240_7.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>>345411114
>>
File: 1457738710392.gif (591 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1457738710392.gif
591 KB, 480x270
>NES dominated
>SNES dominated
>In one generation Sony took over the home console marketshare with PS1 and all third party companies practically stopped caring about Nintendo home consoles even to this day

What the fuck happened? Did Sony bribe them?
>>
>>345412682
I never said it wasn't
>>
>>345408935
It's okay to dream big, but your dreams are bigger than Bane, OP.
>>
>>345408935
What if NNX isn't what you dream of it being? What if it's you nightmare?
>>
>>345408935
Nintendo has been doing media streaming on their consoles since the Wii. Not to mention the majority of WiiU games ARE third party titles. Just because you didn't want to buy them doesn't mean they didn't get any. The problem is that people don't buy the Nintendo consoles and buy the Playstation and Xbox third party titles instead. It's hard to stay on board with Nintendo when you're making minimal sales of your triple A titles on their systems.
>>
>>345414296
Nintendo was very autocratic in its handling of third parties back then. When they had the chance of leaving Nintendo for a new base that doesn't have rules that can stifle them, you can bet that they took it.
>>
File: 885x.jpg (155 KB, 885x479) Image search: [Google]
885x.jpg
155 KB, 885x479
>"I can assure you we're not building the next version of Wii or Wii U. It’s something unique and different. It's something where we have to move away from those platforms in order to make it something that will appeal to our consumer base."

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>345414296
Nintendo were dicks. To everyone. Including Sony. What was supposed to be a cd addon for the snes became ps1.
>>
>>345415239

>unique and different
HERE
WE
GO
AGAIN
>>
>>345415254
>Sony wanted control over their IPs
>Nintendo is a dick

It really makes you think.
>>
>>345408935
So do we actually know any of this or is OP just looking for ebic upboats?
>>
>>345410568
boy is >>345410415 stupid
>>
>>345415606
Nope, just distribution and profits regarding games released for the SNES-CD.
>>
>>345415606
Nintendo gave their ip to what's it called, Panasonic I think. Got dumped by them too
>>
>>345408935
>Nintendo
>able to compete with Sony
>relevant in the console industry

HAHAHEAHAEHAAHAEHAEHA
>>
>>345415994
it was phillips, if you don't know, just don't post
>>
>>345408935
First of all, NX is not the name, it's the code name. When they actually talk about it we'll find out the name. They say it won't be in the Wii family, and I really hope they stick to that. I also hope they've fired everyone who had anything to do with the Wii U and it's marketing.

Second, this thread is fucking dumb. OP is a faggot.
>>
>>345415606

They wanted profits for titles released on the CD, not absolute ownership over their IPs. Which is standard for any medium

But nice damage control, Nintendrone. Of course Ninty is never the bad guy!
>>
File: Capture.png (25 KB, 870x522) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
25 KB, 870x522
>>345409149
>Ehh, Nintendo is irrelevant in most continents.
lol
>>
>>345418158
>flavor of the month mobile game that wasn't even made by nintendo that will probably die out within the next few weeks means nintendo is saved

WEW LADE
>>
>>345416616
>Of course Ninty is never the bad guy
More like "everyone is the bad guy"
>>
File: high winston.jpg (110 KB, 600x846) Image search: [Google]
high winston.jpg
110 KB, 600x846
NX will be the next CoD/Fifa machine
but it will also have games
everyone wins, gaming is saved after this shitty generation
>>
>Implying they ever stay with a development codename

$100 says this gets named the "Wii Me"
>>
>>345408935
>amiibos
>not a gimmick
>>
>>345413346
Why would Nintendo port Pokemon as an MMO when the games as they are now not only sell millions, but also sell systems too?

If anything, a Pokemon MMO would just end up making Nintendo lose money than making it, as much as people think otherwise.
>>
>>345420331
Wii New
>>
>>345408935
i thought nx was a codename
>>
>>345411023
I disagree
>>
>>345408935
In the real world far from OP's stream of conciousness

>NX name is subpar but improvement over the Wii/Wii U and 3DS/N3DS fumbles
>middling hardware that is left behind by Scorpio/Neo
>No BD drive, mini discs
>priced decently
>has hesistant early support of Ubi, Acti and EA only for all of them to fall out mid-cycle
>Great first party games as usual
>some Pokemon Go tie in app/game that will be released after all the Chads have stopped cathin' them all

6/10 console that exists only for 1st party titles and the rare Nipponland treat. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>345419838
I wish but Sony (and Microsoft to a lesser degree) will throw all the cash they have--even tunneling for less departments within their corporate umbrella--to keep COD DLC exclusivity and international FIFA sales.
>>
>>345410092
Then why did the n64 lose to the ps1.

Chill out. Your forgetting something. A lot of buzz has happend for the ps brand over the years. The core gaming markets will move towards the most buzz.

Nintendo has been a borefest since the Wii. Nitenedo Directs to replace regular E3 shows since they can't compete. They decided to retreat into their own little safe zones.

Uncharted has way more buzz the Nitenedo game. And how come that Zelda game still isn't out. Even windward remaster took forever from an ounce mentioned to shelves.

Nitenedo in general has fucked itself out of the home Console scene by going defensive.

Mobile gaming is the future for them
>>
File: 1468804093498.png (15 KB, 718x420) Image search: [Google]
1468804093498.png
15 KB, 718x420
>>345421592
>NX name is subpar
why?
>>
>people thinking a pokemon mmo is dumb.
the only reason they dont do it is no one would waste their time with the other shit rehash games.
>>
>>345408935
Wrong, nintendo has constantly said that the NX will be "a new way to play games" so it WILL be another gimmick console.
>>
>implying it wont be an underpowered gimmick with amiibo and miitomo bullshit

if it had a pokemon mmo that was actually good i would buy it no questions, but nintendo doesnt like doing obvious things. they like trying to make flukes happen. and failing 5 times before succeeding once.
>>
>>345422472
I'd rather pay $40 every year to play a new pokemon anywhere I want than paying $10 or $15 every month so I can play pokemon only in one place.

The best Pokemon MMO you could get would just be a PBR with online hubs for matchmaking and trading.
>>
>>345414296

Kill yourself tripfag
>>
>>345409681
>Nintendo fan who thinks everyone loves Mario/Zelda as much as him
Not even Zelda fans like Zelda since every Zelda game is met with endless bitching.
>>
>>345409609
They have one, it's Pokemon Go.
>>
>>345422765
nintendo uses pokemon to shill their shit portables. they lose an entire market if they moved to mmo. its got nothing to do with game quality.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.