[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tell me >Tell me >Tell me >(Sarcastic tell me)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 21
File: obsidian choices.jpg (433 KB, 1492x1055) Image search: [Google]
obsidian choices.jpg
433 KB, 1492x1055
>Tell me
>Tell me
>Tell me
>(Sarcastic tell me)

Wow. Obsidian are truly the masters of RPGs. Way better than Fallout 4.
>>
File: sewer.jpg (82 KB, 509x510) Image search: [Google]
sewer.jpg
82 KB, 509x510
>I don't hate love in game stories; I just hate reducing love to shallow, masturbatory fantasy indulgence. Maybe that's all love is to some people, but I think that's a pretty narrow view. Ego-stroking is very popular in CRPGs, which is one reason I don't feel comfortable doing CRPG writing anymore.

>I appreciate that people wanted more romance options in NWN2, but sometimes I think that people want there to be romance "victory" conditions for all companions. I think that can diminish some characters. For instance, if Shandra and Qara had their own romance plots, I think some people would still want Neeshka to be "romance-able", regardless of how Neeshka's author felt about the character's place in the story.

>That bugs me. I don't like the idea that you can "win" everything or get everyone on your side. I'm also not fond of the idea that romance always has to resolve with a "fade out" to implied coitus, but that's another issue.

>I'll re-state what I wrote before: I want romance to receive either less or more attention in games. Anything worth doing is worth doing well, especially when it's something with so much emotional potential. But I certainly don't want to go the route of harem anime, which is total fantasy indulgence and gross pandering.

Cause when you have a cuck bigger than Anthony Burch writing your games, that's bound to happen
>>
>>345396872

Worst part of this game is the Duc animancy hearings quest you do mid-way in the story and no matter what side you take, what speech checks you pass, what options you choose, the outcome is exactly the fucking same.
>>
Which one you posting next, the witcher one?
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/HDUFr8wl1T2B2d26Y-XhkQ/

Your autism should be feared by all.
>>
File: 1460097032521.png (569 KB, 1021x906) Image search: [Google]
1460097032521.png
569 KB, 1021x906
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>345396973

He's right, though. Most romance in video games is shallow, cringy shit.
>>
>>345396973
What a fucking cuck holy shit
>>
File: pillars.jpg (367 KB, 1665x1053) Image search: [Google]
pillars.jpg
367 KB, 1665x1053
GOTTA REMOVE ALL THAT OFFENSIVE STUFF
>>
>>345397492
Writing in most video games is shallow, cringy shit

Especially by Sawyer himself
>>
>>345396973
He's right. Romance in videos games is beyond horrible. Bioware rpgs are a perfect example of this.
>>
>>345397671
At least its replacement made reference to the incident.
>>
File: 1460096680290.jpg (216 KB, 1080x1820) Image search: [Google]
1460096680290.jpg
216 KB, 1080x1820
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>345396973
>Badmouthing harem anime

You done fucked up now.
>>
>People say that Sawyer's SJWisms don't effect his writing
>The only attractive woman in New Vegas is also a lesbian

What did SJWcucks mean by this?
>>
>>345396872
There's a reason why people have already forgotten about PoE meanwhile all the other Obsidian games still get talked no stop.

>>345399161
Also that cringy "LOL THE CHAMPION OF THE ARENA IS A WOMAN! ISN'T THAT FUNNY SINCE LEGION DOESN'T RESPECT THEM? XD"
>>
Alpha Protocol was some good shit though.
>>
File: sarkpwns (2).jpg (54 KB, 627x379) Image search: [Google]
sarkpwns (2).jpg
54 KB, 627x379
KEK SUPREME
>>
>>345397619
>If I say a meme word it means i'm right
>>
>>345399347
>meanwhile all the other Obsidian games still get talked no stop.

Cause it's more fun to talk about unfinished """"masterpieces"""" than actually finished and good games.
>>
>>345396872
As long as they fuck.
>>
File: josh cuck sawyer.png (64 KB, 1283x504) Image search: [Google]
josh cuck sawyer.png
64 KB, 1283x504
tl;dr: Because he sucks at getting women in real life, he wants his characters to be as big of losers as he is
>>
>>345399161
>attractive lesbian
I thought that was the complete opposite of SJW, they all seem to hate attractive lesbians even more then attractive women in general, claiming that attractive lesbians are just masturbation material for the PATRIARCHY etc etc. Ideal SJW should be a fat, butch trans shemale "lesbian" that TELLS IT LIKE IT IS.
>>
>>345399830
do you want a guy who has about as much if not less romantic experience as you writing a romantic experience..?
>>
>>345399347

PoE is just not a fun game. It seems like it should be but it actually fucks up a lot of the things Infinity Engine games excelled at. There's no sense of progression, of getting stronger, of being rewarded with power. Loot is trash of the sort you don't even bother picking up after the first few hours. Only fun characters are the ones Avellone wrote.
>>
>>345399941
SJWs put themselves into a weird trap because on one hand they hate gender norms/roles and want women to be fat multicolored uggos that would surgically remove their womb if they could

The other is that lesbians were usually defined as jack boot wearing bulldykes by straight males, that they also want attractive ones to exist to buck that image
>>
>>345399830
Is that more or less pathetic then a writer who sucks at getting women IRL and in turn writes characters who are really good at it? I lean towards him being MORE pathetic, because at least the other way is overall positive and trying to be fun, and acknowledges that not everyone is on the same level or needs to be some turboautist. Whereas Sawyer is a far worse, "I'm a piece of shit so everyone must be" kind of BS.
>>
>>345400094
How come the biggest virgins tend to be the worst writers?
>>
>>345398559
That man being a cuck aside boobplates are lame.
I want my female knights to be respectfully armoured and my sorceresses and barbarians to be the sluts thank you very much.
>>
>>345399087
He's right. Harem anime are shit and so are the people who like them.
I don't have the problem with the concept, but the commonly accepted level of execution is beyond abysmal, and people should feel bad for settling with it.
>>
>>345399830

I don't think he's saying anything wrong or even controversial there. Videogame romance is always really clumsy and mechanically transparent, whether it's Persona Social Links or Dragon Age style bribing people with trinkets until they fuck you. I don't see him offering solutions though.
>>
File: poe.jpg (13 KB, 334x101) Image search: [Google]
poe.jpg
13 KB, 334x101
I will go against the grain of cynicism and say I really enjoyed PoE. I had a 3 Cipher wrecking crew around the time of the first half of White March.
>>
>>345396872
>Tell me
>Tell me
>Tell me
>(Sarcastic tell me)
That's pretty much how all old rpgs are that nostalgiafags gush over. Like BG and PST.
>>
>>345396973
But can he do any better than Bioware?
No, unfortunately not. I wish romance in RPG's had never become a thing but his shit writing is no better.
>>
>>345400743

In BG and PST and FO1-2 the choices will actually lead to different outcomes, sometimes radically.
>>
>responding seriously to this guy's threads
>>
>>345400706
>only 140 hours
>enjoyed

every decent CRPG gives you at least 500 hours of enjoyment
>>
File: 1467076893051.jpg (107 KB, 926x521) Image search: [Google]
1467076893051.jpg
107 KB, 926x521
>>345396973

he's right that harem anime is shit
what's offensive is his definition of RPGs
>>
>>345396973
there is literally nothing wrong with what he said.
>>
File: 1314555.png (9 KB, 500x538) Image search: [Google]
1314555.png
9 KB, 500x538
>>345400094
>>345400420
>do you want a guy who has about as much if not less romantic experience as you writing a romantic experience..?
Sure, so long as they're humble about it and do research same as any other topic. "Experience" is stupid, overrated bullshit in real writing as any real author could tell you, sure it can help in certain aspects, but it's a tiny, tiny part of most serious works of fiction vs a lot of research, planning, and skill. I mean, we're talking fantasy/scifi stuff here, by definition exactly zero authors have any experience with any of it. No writers of historical fiction experienced every era themselves or every area of the world. What it takes is not allowing preconceptions to color everything, but just to go out and learn about it, and then the skill to write well. Relationships are no different, they can be researched and written about well by 3rd parties that haven't experienced them directly.

The REAL problem is always the same: self-important assholes who simply write based on how their precious FEELZ, how they think things should be rather then on how they are with no reflection of reality. Nobody on the planet experiences more then a minuscule fraction of the scope of the human species even in the real world let alone imaginary ones. Good writers know that and approach any new challenge professionally and ready to get better. Bad ones are dogshit regardless of whatever else they get up to.
>>
>>345396872
Was Pillars of Eternity a good game? Why no one talks about it?
>>
File: dwayne-johnson-net-worth2.jpg (31 KB, 397x600) Image search: [Google]
dwayne-johnson-net-worth2.jpg
31 KB, 397x600
>>345400862
>But can he do any better than Bioware?
>No, unfortunately not.

He's the typical liberal hypocrite. He loves to complain, but never actually wants to explain how to make romances better.

>"BLACKS ARE DISPROPORTIONATELY ARRESTED COMPARED TO OTHER RACES!"
>What do you want cops to do? Not arrest black people?
>"... FREE COLLEGE!"
>>
>>345396872
>Eder was the best thing to come out of this story
>no Eder end where you live on a farm together with your abducted baby and 50 dogs
>>
>>345396973
Romance plotlines are a "fantasy indulgence" but playing as magic wielding heroes that save the day isn't? lel
>>
>>345400439
In many fantasy settings though boobplates and the like are much more realistic. I guess you could argue that realism should take a back seat, but since that's more a matter of taste I think offering both makes the most sense and these days should frankly be pretty easy. Just amounts to some basic mesh changes in general.
>>
File: Cat Tail.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cat Tail.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>345401363
it was a drag to play and the world wasn't very compelling

it's a fine game, but it's not impressive
>>
File: dwayne_johnson_xlarge.jpg (13 KB, 242x350) Image search: [Google]
dwayne_johnson_xlarge.jpg
13 KB, 242x350
>>345401165
>>345401196
>You're an impossibly powerful hero capable of taking on swarms of enemies.
OK
>All of the choices in the narrative rest on you
OK
>Your health is represented by a single HP value, and you operate as if uninjured until it hits zero, at which point you instantly die.
OK
>Sleeping at an inn for a night heals all injuries.
OK
>That's the only time you ever sleep. You don't experience fatigue.
OK
>An affection-point system represents how much NPCs love you.
Hold up, that's an unrealistically oversimplified representation of what in real life is a complex and nuanced subject.

>>345401683
This guy gets it.
>>
>>345401159
It's only been out for shortly over a year. I will play it more in the future.
>>
>>345401363

I dropped it around the 20% mark due to a progress-halting bug. The bug was patched later, but I never felt like I should get back into the game. Only NPC I liked in the whole game was the angry priest that Chris Avellone wrote (Durance I believe was the name).

It had the form of a Baldur's Gate game, but lacked the charm. I hated, hated the combat system. Loot was demoralizing trash, made exploration feel like a waste of time. I disliked the total lack of noncombat spells. I don't know if it was objectively "bad" or not, but I didn't feel good playing it, despite BG series being some of my favorites.
>>
>>345401253
why doesn't obsidian swallow up karpyshyn and make another sci fi rpg?

his writing was pretty grounded.

me combat wasn't great, but it was good enough, and ore importantly, immersive. they could just copypasta it.

things don't need balance when you're enjoying them because of immersion
>>
>>345401929
>OK
>OK
>OK
>OK
>OK
no, that's also simplistic and should be improved
>>
File: whensheseesyourdick.png (17 KB, 284x370) Image search: [Google]
whensheseesyourdick.png
17 KB, 284x370
>>345401929
I don't have anything against romances in games. Harem animes are just shit tier.
>>
Never forgive PoE for having a kikestarter only cheevo.
>>
>>345402209
>cheevo
Never forgive you for being a fucking turbodweeb autistic faggot weiner child
>>
>>345401929
>>You're an impossibly powerful hero capable of taking on swarms of enemies.
>OK
>>All of the choices in the narrative rest on you
>OK
>>Your health is represented by a single HP value, and you operate as if uninjured until it hits zero, at which point you instantly die.
>OK
>>Sleeping at an inn for a night heals all injuries.
>OK
>>That's the only time you ever sleep. You don't experience fatigue.
>OK
all of this shit is boring.
>>
>>345402182
>Love Hina
>Lum
>Ranma 1/2
>shit tier

coming from a guy that likes Hokuto No Reddit of all things
>>
File: 1379133073349.png (4 KB, 206x237) Image search: [Google]
1379133073349.png
4 KB, 206x237
>>345402123
>balance
Fuck don't even get me started on that cancerous meme. "Balance" is a concept that applies purely to multiplayer, for single player RPGs the focus should be on a variety of fun for the player, and that can include figuring out crazy ways to "break" the system. How much anyone tries to munchkin or tries to purposefully make things more challenging should be up to the player, with good games supporting a variety of approaches on both sides of the spectrum. Lasting value comes from people inventing their own fun.

Seeing companies "balancing" SP games is enraging.
>ok you guys were having too much fun with that mechanic, NERF
>no no, you're supposed to do things like that, you're supposed to stick to our vision, what you're doing is bad! nerf!
>you're having fun wrong
FUCK YOU
>>
File: 5325838385.jpg (62 KB, 1012x718) Image search: [Google]
5325838385.jpg
62 KB, 1012x718
Every time I get reminded of PoE I start feeling awful, because I know Torment: Tides of Numbnuts is going to be just as bad... if not worse.

It's a bad feel, bros. I don't like it.
>>
>>345402209
>Never forgive PoE for having a kikestarter only cheevo

Wait, what?

Is that even legal? It sounds like it should be against Steam's TOS or something.
>>
>>345402878
At least Bard's Tale 4 looks good and we've gotten a couple good dungeon crawlers these past few years.'
storyfags BTFO
>>
>>345402915

>It sounds like it should be against Steam's TOS or something

Oh anon, so innocent. Like a baby lamb.
>>
>>345402878
>use I know Torment: Tides of Numbnuts is going to be just as bad... if not worse.
What? Why would you compare them, the comparison is Wasteland 2. I mean, not that there weren't issues with W2 also, but PoE has nothing to do with it. I think for their first game as a new studio, W2 was an alright effort as of the DC, and they seem to have learned a fair amount. If Torment is at least a basic improvement, which doesn't seem impossible from what we've seen so far, then it'll be a solid 7 or 8/10.

I doubt it'll be any better then that unless they grow to a truly surprising degree, but why would you bring in PoE at all?
>>
>>345403074
I don't remember the name of it but there is a Steam game that has an achievement that can only be completed by dumping 1500 real world dollarydoos into the game.
>>
>>345402494
Love Hina was shit then, set terrible standards and ruined the genre almost single-handedly for almost 2 decades, and is still shit these days.

Though at least it has some character development and a proper conclusion, unlike the other two complete shit tier stories you mentioned.

Your taste is shit.
>>
File: hate.jpg (5 KB, 315x79) Image search: [Google]
hate.jpg
5 KB, 315x79
>>345402915
>>
>>345402915
Why the fuck would it be illegal, are you retarded? Do you think Limited Editions are illegal too? God damn.

>Steam TOS
are public, read it and get back to us on exactly what clause you think would possibly require the steam version have all content available elsewhere.
>>
>>345403302
I liked what I played of Wasteland 2.
>>
>>345403023
It's really not hard to make a good dungeon crawler

http://store.steampowered.com/app/428880/
>>
>>345403413
>le shit shit shit shit

Learn to talk like an adult then try to act superior
>>
>>345403467
Like I said, as long as you played after they got the major early kinks ironed out (and there were a number of them), particularly following the DC when they did a final solid bit of updating and engine improvements, W2 was a perfectly decent first effort. I don't think it was inspired but it was a solid enough ride, and that's the benchmark for Torment.

I just don't understand why that other anon would link Torment to PoE rather then W2.
>>
>>345401063
True of most of Obsidian's work before Sawyer took full control
>>
>>345403812
I played right before the director's cut was released. I liked it; another post-apocalyptic CRPG.
>>
>>345396973
normies don't like things that pander to non-normies, because that pandering makes some women uncomfortable. These liberal minded men are trying to do the right thing and be inclusive to women, but in doing so it brings a hostile attitude towards media that may appeal to males who are outcast from the general society and look elsewhere than reality for some aspects of emotional sustenance. In short, these men are pussy whipped.
>>
>>345402806
something that's too cheesy ruins challenge. there's cause for limited amounts of balance. the tighter a scenario is, the more it strains your resources, etc. the more fun it is.

you'll notice that with renewing resources such as health and skills based on cooldowns, the devs dont actually need to focus on overcoming skill barriers, etc, they just need to make the action scene cinematic, or on rails, or throw waves at you.

it's really annoying. modern games are static shooting gallies like old minigames used to be, lol.

I like when there's an option for hte game to pound my ass because of consistent rules in the game universe.

I think that's why people like bg so much even today. the rules were consistent. when you overcame them, it immersed you
>>
>>345404847
Succinctly put
>>
>>345396872
This game is so massive overrated. One of the worst crpgs I've ever played.
>>
Bethdrones are going all out tonight. First the Skyrim vs Witcher 3 pasta thread no this shit again. I'm eagerly waiting for a "FO3 > NV" thread.
>>
>>345405027
Sure, any rule has exceptions, it's possible for there to be something so unavoidably accidentally gamebreaking that it's genuinely just an unfun bug, and that's fine to fix. But the operative worse here is "unfun". A good, complex SP RPG combat system will always have ways to "cheese" it if you delve into it, and that's A-OK because a good system will also have ways to add extra challenges too. "Balance" is literally meaningless in an SP setting, the focus is always just on the potential enjoyment of the player. I think a baseline level of solid challenge is fine, but beyond that there should be a range of potential paths to the end in terms of gameplay.

BG is itself an example of this, there were certainly "better" and "worse" builds in terms of sheer combat power or overall flexibility aimed merely at overcoming challenges as efficiently as possible. There were things to abuse. Same was true of good JRPGs of the time (and before, and after). But by the same token players also were free to try other more challenging approaches. Merely having some obscure combos or min/max potential isn't something that needs to be nerfed, there isn't any inherent need for all classes or options to be equivalent in "power".
>>
>>345405902
NV is overrated as fuck. Fallout should have stayed trimetric.
>>
>>345404847
they're not pussywhipped, they're high status, and they revel in the chance to punch down at acceptable targets.
>>
>>345406798
>they're high status
>beta cucked nu-males are "high status"

hahaha what the fuck are you on
>>
File: 1466505219964.png (217 KB, 442x387) Image search: [Google]
1466505219964.png
217 KB, 442x387
>bethesdrones so desperate to validate their shit taste they resort to shittalking the political views of an actually good developer even though they have had no impact on the quality of the games he's helped in

top zozzle
>>
>>345406119
yeah I more or less agree. when the power schemes fit naturally into the world that's being built in a way that makes sense and can be predicted, that's good. things that diverge from that ease of understanding, imo, need to be fixed

when teh mechanics mesh with the setting and the story, it just feels really good.

building a drainage shaft in an open world game isn't hard, but it's rewarding because you use your knowledge of the game universe to solve a problem. I think combat scenarios should be similar.

to this day, this is still why I prefer me1 gameplay.

anyway.

obsidian is fucking dead. is there anyone else left at all? imo game design peaked in the late 90's early 2000's. I mostly just ifnd myself replaying games from that era.
>>
Your daily reminder that BGS dialouge used to look like this
>>
>>345406974
he meant rich/well off and live in a 99% white, crime free area (yet still find time complain about white people)
>>
>>345406798
They're pussy whipped in that their girlfriends, wives, or politicized women in general have defined for them what is acceptable for them to admire, and what is to be scorned. The need for them to conform to the female groupthink in order to receive acceptance from women drives this behavior.
>>
>>345396973
forced romance between the MC and an NPC is awful.

It should be about you trying to fix an NPC and another NPC together.
>>
>>345407656
>forced romance between the MC and an NPC is awful.

Cuck

Also I don't remember any romance being forced

>It should be about you trying to fix an NPC and another NPC together.

This happened in Mass Effect 3, the pinnacle of RPGs according to you
>>
File: joshsawyer.png (42 KB, 611x569) Image search: [Google]
joshsawyer.png
42 KB, 611x569
wew
>>
File: 1449985748322.jpg (54 KB, 661x291) Image search: [Google]
1449985748322.jpg
54 KB, 661x291
>>
>>345407752
>wew
What's wrong with what he said, it's 100% correct. Writers shouldn't pander to any particular set of feels at the expense of the actual setting. Of course there would be rape and tons of other horrible stuff in a post-apocalyptic wasteland warzone.
>>
>>345407752
>>345407984
stop anon, you're going to make me actually like him a bit
>>
>>345408015
don't tell me when i can and can't wew. i'll do it when i feel like it.
>>
>>345407752
>>345407984
What site is this?
>>
>>345408157
Your feelings are bad and you should feel bad. When you want to wew in the future we'll expect you to ask permission from your intellectual superiors.
>>
>>345396973
Are you really still doing this, you fucking autistic burden?
>>
>>345406442
nv is pretty cool

they probably should have tweaked the combat a little to resemble the older games though. too much of nv can too easily be solved by just killing everything, which should have been made an extremely difficult thing to do

>>345406974
status has different registers. as the other poster mentioned, THEY are safe from being killed by niggers, which is more than I can say for myself. if some girl gets rape to death, tey don't need to care, because they're safe.

further, they have decent jobs that counts as good experience, upward mobility, independence, etc.

it doesn't stop them from being cucks, which reduces their status in purely masculine circles, but unlike most of us, they have status because what they do isn't illegal, unlike "hate speech republicans" lel
>>
>>345408167
ask.fm or formspring, not sure which.
>>
>>345406442
>>345408490
the engine was shit especially if you saw what fucking bullshit obsidian had to pull out of their asses to get the animations and all the new functions working properly.

melee combat is still incredibly lackluster as hell.
>>
>>345401363
The world is both kind of bland in that it's basically Europe but also really interesting in how it deals with gods and a consequence of killing a god. (this isn't a spoiler, background info.) If a pretty dark setting is your thing, I recommend picking it up.

Of course, the best lore I've probably ever seen in a CRPG is easily Age of Decadence.
>>
>>345400617
a properly executed harem anime (where the MC either fucks over all of the characters by playing with their emotions and ending up alone, or chooses only one and learns a lesson about himself and love, that could be good, but it's usually 20 episodes of teasing and the MC either ending up with every girl or the show just ending)
>>
>>345401490
no hes fucking explaining why he doesnt want romances in his games your retard
>>
>>345408686
they did what they could. it was decent enough for a non-structured sandbox game that was't their ip, with code tey didn't create which can't create ladders, in less than a year

the story was top notch
>>
>>345402878
but divinity os 2, and whatever the age of decadence dev is working on
and tyranny of course, it looks like they improved a lot of the flaws of poe
>>
>>345396872
You've been making this thread for months now. Well done.
>>
>>345409306
Wrong, he said he's not against romances if they're good. He just doesn't know how to make them good because he's an idiot aka a liberal
>>
>>345406442
nv is only overrated on /v/
>>
>>345409974
>on /v/
it's beloved here
>>
>>345409714
Sometimes it feels like these kind of threads are the best way to get cRPG threads going on /v/. Sometimes.
>>
JUST
>>
>>345396872
Modern Obsidian isn't the same one who made NV, I'm pretty sure they lost all their real talent in PoE, or by the end of it.

Which makes sense since some of PoE's characters are fucking stupid.
>>
>>345407752
Doesn't mean much when you paint rape as something bad instead of something that happens.

>play NV
>murder happens, no problem with that
>OMG SHE GOT RAPED!
>entire quest about killing the rapist and convince the woman to go see a doctor for therapy
>get rewards from the captain for doing the job
>from the woman for killing the BAAAD rapist
>and even from the burned chick at the brothel in north vegas

Also, I love how western devs circlejerk about their games being mature.
How can you have deep characters and choices and yet you are allowed to be a mass killer but not a rapist.

>player should be free to roleplay!
>you can roleplay as a psychopath or just a guy that murders everyone and eat their bodies
>omg not a sexual harasser tho! rape is a serious tragedy!
>>
>>345409804
he's saying he realizes he can't write relationships properly for rpgs (who the fuck can anyway), so he doesn't want an irrelevant mechanic to be shoehorned into a game
he isn't going to bother trying to make one because he isn't good at writing them AND THEYRE IRRELEVANT TO THE GAME YOU GODDAMN DOUBLE NIGGER
he doesnt need to fucking """""""""""""""FIX"""""""""""""" relationships
THIS IS 10000000000 TIMES BETTER THAN SHOEHORNING FAGGOTS IN THE GAME BEGGING YOU TO FUCK LIKE BIOWARE JUST BECAUSE IT IS AN "INDUSTRY STANDARD"
that doesnt make him an idiot or liberal (he may be one but this one opinion alone doesn't make one)
why do you think he is fucking required to offer a soundproof solution included in his criticism of something that most rpgs do very poorly? why not just leave it out in the first place? he is saying do it better or not at all
SOMETHING THAT IS IRRELEVENT TO A GOOD RPG ANYWAY
>>
>>345398096
>shower with compliments
>ask some question
>right before climactic plot point
>oh wow i never felt this way about anyone [fade to black]
>>
>>345411445
Avellone could write romance but he was never allowed because Sawyer "If I can't no one should" didn't let him.

Kys kid, go back to your daily bioware bashing thread
>>
>>345412056
source?
how do you know that avellone could write romances?
>>
>>345408131
you should
>>
>>345411368
you can just as easily kill and eat her too. Or did you forget about that?
>>
>>345411368
>How can you have deep characters and choices and yet you are allowed to be a mass killer but not a rapist.
It's not like it's devs fault. No sane publisher would give it thumbs up, and even if they did, the game would be censored in most of civilized world anyway.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.