[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought this for £10. Did I do good? I like God Hand,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: the_evil_within_game-HD.jpg (527 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the_evil_within_game-HD.jpg
527 KB, 1920x1080
Just bought this for £10.

Did I do good?

I like God Hand, RE4 and Vanquish so I figured I'd give it was worth a shot.
>>
>>345388090
Went for "I'd give it a shot" and "It was worth a shot" at the same time.
>>
It was alright. Level design and gameplay was amazingly inconsistent but it was still a fun ride.

I don't know why they went with the Id Tech engine though. Moreso how it managed to run so poorly, or at least at launch
>>
Shit game
>>
It's very uneven, for every area that's great there's one that's terrible, and there's no real middle ground between the two.
The plot justifies you going through a bunch of wildly different areas, but it still feels more like the game's just throwing every idea it can at you, trying to impress you.
It also runs like shit on every console and the PC port is spotty, so you're probably in for a rough time no matter the platform.
>>
>>345388090
No, not least because I bought it for like £2 a couple of months ago
>>
>>345390134
Well then.
>>345389714
>>345389030
Shame to hear it doesn't run well, you hear this things at launch for just about every title, but they usually get patched out.
Hopefully it doesn't bug me too much.
>>
>>345390868
These things, typing poorly today.
>>
I honestly couldn't finish it, I was fucking bored out of my mind with the game. It was just a feeling of "been there done that" the entirety of what I played.
>>
I liked it, it gave that RE4 feel and was consistently fun.
Story was alright and gave me motivation to follow.
>>
>>345388090
If you really love the gameplay of RE4 then you should probably have a good time, otherwise you might get bored, if you feel that £10 is low enough to get some fun out of the game then good.
>>
It's a great game as long as you ignore the lore. Autists playing it on easy might get bored.
>>
>>345391716
I would have been willing to get it for £15 or so.

>>345392142
I'd only get into the lore if I found it interesting enough to get into.

Also playing a horror game on easy would take away a lot of the tension so that won't be done.
>>
>>345388090
Great game with god-tier replayability, as every game should be. Been doing one playthrough every six months and can't get tired of it.
>>
>>345389030
Didn't Tango do a bunch of shit with the game that IdTech couldn't handle well at all? It must have been cheaper than using their own homemade engine, but their next game is using Unreal Engine 4, so I don't know.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.