[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Dark Souls 3 fail so miserably?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11
File: Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg (88 KB, 332x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg
88 KB, 332x330
Dark Souls 2:

>Hey you know, I feel like doing some PvP. I'll hit the arenas.
>Hey I beed a break from the arenas, I'll hit the fight club at Iron Keep bridge.
>Hey I'm bored of the fight clubs, I'll do some red invades.
>Well red invades aren't very fun, I keep invading noobs just trying to play through the PvE. I can see why people like it but it's not my thing.
>I'll go stand in Belfy Luna and invade and get invaded and earn Ore while I'm at it.
>Time to take a break from Luna, let's go to Sol.
>Ahhh, I'm tired of this too, let's blue invade all over the world.
>This is fun, I get to PvP all over the game, and I get to punish people for invading noobs.
>look at bonfire map, see several outline indicators displaying which areas have the most players in them atm
>Go stand in those areas with delicate string and dried finger active
>Periodically get invaded in between blue invades
>Fighting all over the game, wherever I want, punishing sinners, drawing sinners to my world, whenever I get bored of one style of PvP I go back to doing arenas, fight clubs, bell tower, etc.

Dark Souls 3:
>Hey you know, I feel like doing some PvP
>wow they really limited the PvP this time around...
>I guess I'll fight club?
>well that got boring fast, I guess I'll blue invade and punish sinners?
>oh, that doesn't exist anymore, I guess I'll dried finger and wait to be invaded?
>oh, I can't because I've already cleared the game and you can't be invaded after you've cleared the area
>Well I guess I'll red invade... oh wow it's a 1v4 and each enemy rolls behind his three teammates and chugs the moment I land one blow on him episode...
>>
Das2 sux
>>
File: 946510059-00.jpg (214 KB, 640x796) Image search: [Google]
946510059-00.jpg
214 KB, 640x796
>>345382054
don't meta and you'll have fun at FCs
20 +2 or 60 +8 for blue invasion
play through NG+ or +2 fully embered if you want a PVP playthrough, aldrich/watchdogs/blue covenant optional
not getting invaded in cleared areas was in the last two games
>not getting a hardon for gank spanking
>>
File: disgust.jpg (25 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
25 KB, 540x540
>>345382054
Die pvpfag
>>
>>345382054
In general, it was probably the most successful of them all thanks to all the normalfags jumping on the "so hardcore, bro" series for the final installment.
Anyone that tries to say it isn't the weakest in the series just doesn't understand what makes the games good; hopefully the DLC will fix things, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>345382680
kek, 1v1 and make me
>>
>I wana pvp
>in a pve game

Why don't you play a pvp game like LoL or CS:GO?
>>
File: 1460338647325.jpg (46 KB, 382x552) Image search: [Google]
1460338647325.jpg
46 KB, 382x552
>>345382054
stay mad PvP playing faggot,cock eating, anus eating piece of shit.
>>
>>345382054
Bad PvP
Bad pve

The worst souls game
>>
File: 1357703715821.png (284 KB, 459x415) Image search: [Google]
1357703715821.png
284 KB, 459x415
>>345382542
forgot to mention that 20-25 +2 and 60 +8 seem optimal for NG watchdog and aldrich respectively

>>345382680
>>345383026
>>345383636
dark souls is a multiplayer game
>>
>>345383636

How do you get enjoyment from more than a single playthrough if you don't do any forms of PvP?

Also note that all the methods of PvP I enjoyed in DS2 were consensual except for blue invading, but blue invading only targets people who red invade, so again all of it was PvP that targeted people who wanted to PvP.
>>
BB = DaS > DaS3 > DeS > DaS2

Can't wait for the DLCs, fuck off with your pasta
>>
>it's a DS2 hipsters episode
Still the worst game in the series, and your taste still sucks, sorry. And no, you guys are not cool now.
>>
>>345384316
BB > DkS2 > DkS3 = DkS1 > DeS

>>345382054
>Caring about PvP.
Stay mad.
>>
>>345382054
Miyazaki said in his last Gamespot interview that the b team directors handled the online balancing 2bh
>>
What a disappointing game.
From should be banned from making sequels. Dark 2 and 3 shouldn't even exist.
Garbage ass games.
>>
>>345384971
Dark Souls 1 was a sequel to Demon Souls though.

And Dark Souls 1 is still pretty mediocre anyway but still better than DeS.
>>
>>345385105
It was not a sequel retard. They don't even share any of the same lore.
Being made by the same dev doesn't make it a sequel.
Are you going to say bb is a sequel to dark souls 2? Dark souls 3 is a sequel to bb?
>>
>>345385267
>It was not a sequel retard. They don't even share any of the same lore.
>lore determines a sequel
>implying lore matters in a souls game
>>
>>345385389
Right, stay retarded friend.
>>
>nobody realizes this is stale pasta
Newfags have taken over
>>
>>345385484
You're the one claiming DkS isn't a sequel to DeS.

>>345385523
We're not new enough to fall for that shitposting, bro.
>>
>>345385267
Dark Souls 3 does try to take so much shit from BB it ruins the balancing, even more than usual Souls mediocre game design.
>>
>>345385523

This is a serious thread and everything the OP said is correct.
>>
>>345382054
>muh pvp
Literally shit since DeS
Pvp fags should an hero
>>
>>345385998
It's correct (And I think Dark Souls 2 shits all over 3 except in average boss quality) but it's still retarded because Souls PvP is a stupid minigame.
>>
Dark Souls 2:

>Hey you know, I feel like being a cuck, I'll hit the arenas.
>Hey I want to be an even bigger cuck, I'll sit on the Iron Keep bridge.
>I want to invade but because of Soul Memory, despawning enemies, the abscence of a permanent Red Eye Orb, and the general lack of invasions and fun on NG, the most efficient way to do so requires savescumming or Cheat Engine use...
>I'll go to one of the Designated Invasion Spaces that are completely optional and out of the way to prevent the poor innocent PvE players from dying on their first playthrough
>Ahhh I'm tired of this, guess I'll go become a blue cuck and turn the game into a hugbox

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 were the only games to do PvP right because they not only focused on invasions, but they also didn't add shit tons of hugbox mechanics to prevent new players from having to die.
>>
>>345385105
I don't have a bait image saved to respond to this post.
>>
>>345386556
Uh, Dark Souls 2 is the only game where you can get invaded without being human. You want to talk hugbox, lol...
>>
>>345386556
>but they also didn't add shit tons of hugbox mechanics to prevent new players from having to die.
Such as what?
>>
File: awdawdawdawdawd.jpg (47 KB, 1024x571) Image search: [Google]
awdawdawdawdawd.jpg
47 KB, 1024x571
>>345384446
>DkS2 above DkS1
>>
BB=DeS=DS1>DS2>>>DS3
>>
Dark Souls 1 > Bb = des
>>
>>345386903
I'll do it every day of the week, fag. Suck it.

Mostly because Dark Souls 1 has like three good levels and all the rest are just pointless boring walking padding to add space in muh open world, which only ever impacts gameplay by letting you skip blight town.

Yeah yeah autism elevator to iron keep fuck off at least 2 and 3 are less of a snoozefest on pointless boring walking fronts.

>>345386945
>DeS above 2 and 3
Now this is b8.
>>
>>345384446
>>345384316
>M-MUH CRITICISM the post

Not OP and as someone who thinks DaS2 is the worst in the series, there is no way you can't admit that the PvP isn't an integral part of the Souls series and that DaS3 is definitely one of if not the weakest. At least out of the Dark Souls games. As an integral part of the series, even if it's a part you don't personally enjoy, I don't think it's wrong to criticize it. Especially when the things OP pointed out are pretty true. I don't think OP is saying that the game is shit either, just saying the PvP is.
>>
>>345387443
To be honest, I've never played a Soles game where invasions were a factor. If I want PvP, I'll go dueling. Souls 2 is flatly better for this with the Iron Keep bridge and even bellbros giving fat upgrade material loots for pretty quick fights.

But you have KIND OF a good invasion mechanism in 3. If you ask me, the complaint about 3 is the lack of poise and hurr Dark Sword balancing crap, not so much fewer PvP factions/zones.
>>
Last good souls game came out 5 years ago.
>>
>>345386787
I think you mean Dark Souls 2 is the only game where you can go human without being invaded throughout all of NG
>>345386846
It was the first game to introduce a covenant that automatically summons blues into someones world when they get invaded, Soul Memory was created specifically to try and prevent twinking, permanent red eye orbs don't exist in order to discourage invading outside of the designated invasion spaces. Dark Souls 3 is the natural evolution of this, with even more covenants dedicated solely to protecting shitters, upgrade level based matchmaking, and a preference for matching invaders with a full host + summons team.
>>
>>345387997
Ok fair enough. I would argue from a tone point of view that Ds2 isn't hugbox and assumes you will die, a fuckton.
>>
>>345387997
>I think you mean Dark Souls 2 is the only game where you can go human without being invaded throughout all of NG
How?

And
>baaaaw I just wanna gank newbies.
Go to arenas you fucking casual.

And also kill yourself because Souls PvP is a trash minigame.
>>
>>345387443

>Especially when the things OP pointed out are pretty true. I don't think OP is saying that the game is shit either, just saying the PvP is.

OP here. That is exactly what I am saying.
>>
>>345383793
pve can be multiplayer too, nice argument though
>>
>>345387443
DS2 is bad. DS3 is bad, but especially shit because even after a games worth of outrage and Memezaki coming back they removed so many good things that DS1 and DS2 did.
No NG+ content, dead game shit PVP, shit covenants, countless re-used assets, anything that isn't quality is shit, etc.

People need to accept that Souls is a dead IP and that DS1 is only going to be challenged by a fresh dev team with their own ideas and drive rather than this rehashed Bloodborne lite shit. I mean fucking come on, Aldrich and the age of the deep?
>>
>>345388278

>And also kill yourself because Souls PvP is a trash minigame.

You only say this because you're bad at it.
>>
>>345387997
>I think you mean Dark Souls 2 is the only game where you can go human without being invaded throughout all of NG

Well, you can through any of them playing offline.
>>
Gut him like a pig
>>
>>345388431
>Dark Souls 1 is perfect and the best meme
Stop this.
>>
>>345388278
>How?
Not enough cracked orbs on NG to sustain an active base of invaders combined with the aforementioned mechanics that discourage traditional invading in favor of going to the game's designated PvP zones

>BAWWWWWW I DON'T WANNA GET GANKED ;_;
Good for you then, because FROM Software is designing games with shitters like you in mind
>>
>>345388454

>Game play has evolved from strafe for laggy backstabbing to hit R1 a lot just before the enemy can
>"You just hate it because you're bad lol"

Souls PvP is only fun for invasions and what not, when you're trying to troll someone else's game for your own reward. Although bloodborne might have been fun if not for the healing items and ridiculous windup on the anti healing item.
>>
>>345388792
>Not enough cracked orbs on NG to sustain an active base of invaders
Why do you lie on the internets?
>>
File: image(40).jpg (129 KB, 639x750) Image search: [Google]
image(40).jpg
129 KB, 639x750
>das2 nostalgiacucks
>>
File: 1431231135399.jpg (11 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1431231135399.jpg
11 KB, 250x241
>Dark Souls 3 is bad because of PVP
>but BB and DeS are still perfect games
More like DS3 is bad because of PC
>>
>>345384446
>Demon's Souls the worst
>Dark Souls 2 the second best

Please, just kill yourself already
>>
>>345389087
Demon Souls IS the worst though.
>>
>>345389182
No, it's not.
>>
I enjoyed DS3 far more because the world wasnt hastily put together and the adventuring aspect is so much fun. It has its big glaring flaws, but atleast its not fucking DS2.
PvP is the cancer that nearly killed dark souls. DS2 was almost scrapped, but in the end they decided to do it anyways and you can see how poorly stitched together the game is. It only appeals to those who play pvp which is the worst part of the games anyways. Go play a fighting game or something you faggots.
>>
How can anyone like the travesty that was 3?
Rushed story filled with plot holes and nostalgia bait
Extremely linear, the complete opposite souls games should be.
No replay value
No weapon variety
No build variety
Bosses are a joke, complete push overs, some even ruined because of gimmicks
Invasions broken
Poise broken
NPCs lifeless and personal questions outside siegward have no closure
Weightless combat
Focuses on speed instead of methodical approach in regards to combat. (Trying to emulate bloodborne but failed)
>>
>>345390137
>No replay value
>No weapon variety
>No build variety
>Bosses are a joke
objectively false, pls kys

>(Trying to emulate bloodborne but failed)
I bet you couldn't even explain your reasonings for this
>>
>>345390137
>No weapon variety
>No build variety
what kind of retarded nonsense this is. just because some were more popular than others doesn't mean there aren't other options

bow run is completely viable for an example
>>
Literally everything in DSII felt unfinished. III at least felt like a complete product.
>>
File: 1462421504480.png (193 KB, 273x326) Image search: [Google]
1462421504480.png
193 KB, 273x326
Bust DaS3 is the best base game since the first one?
>>
>>345382054
Regret buying this game.
In previous souls games I enjoyed sdoinf challenge runs and different weapon runs.

In 3 it's just so damn boring
No replayability at all.
>>
>>345390927
have fun with your healing and spell uses being at war with each other. You're a mage with estus split 7/7?

Well have fun with only having 3/3 when you invade! And if you want to do PvE, have fucking fun running out of ashtus mid-battle!
>>
>>345391892
>using estus while invading

lol die
>>
>>345391879
I agree with you senpai. Honestly don't see what other people see in 3
Likely that it's their first souls game
>>
>>345391892
nothing else to say to this but get fucking gud

>And if you want to do PvE, have fucking fun running out of ashtus mid-battle!
my god you actually run out of flasks? your flasks fill back up by themselves in time and bonfires are everywhere
>>
>>345382054
GIT GUD
>>
>>345385389

Its a spiritual sequel which is not the same as a real sequel.
>>
>>345392386

Flasks dont fill up by themselves, they fill up by defeating invaders
>>
Doing pvp in DS3 right now. Winning every fight by using a one shot combo with hornet ring and parrying. I just keep spamming roll to avoid attacks since you can roll a retarded amount of times in this game and eventually my opponent gets tired of it and tries a running attack and I parry and win. Also I have no choice but to parry fish if the host has phantoms. If I don't one shot the host then I have to go through 15 chugs of estus, no thanks I'll parry fish.
>>
>>345390137
>No weapon variety
>No build variety
Just like in every Soulsborne game.
>>
File: 1463302011175.jpg (22 KB, 460x410) Image search: [Google]
1463302011175.jpg
22 KB, 460x410
>caring about pvp in any souls game
Maybe you should fuck off?
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.