[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hey guys, lets make the game one big snow level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
>hey guys, lets make the game one big snow level
>>
File: 1450797134548.png (684 KB, 810x720) Image search: [Google]
1450797134548.png
684 KB, 810x720
>guys, let's just make the whole game comfy, instead of that one part we discussed
>oh and let's stick with piano music while we are at it

Can't see anything wrong here
>>
>>345372752
It'll be great
>>
>>345372752
The game is shit.
>>
>>345372752
>hey guys i'm an indie shill
>>
>>345372752
Fuck you, Snow levels are the best and haven't gotten the respect they deserve.
>>
File: 55604024_p2.jpg (340 KB, 516x729) Image search: [Google]
55604024_p2.jpg
340 KB, 516x729
Yes yes. It's Snow town: The JRPG.
>>
Kind of cool a jrpg is coming to PC like this, no idea of the quality though and I'm not too hype regardless. It's been a while since I've played a jrpg.

Stay tuned for my next exciting blog post
>>
>>345372752
>implying snow levels aren't the best
>>
>>345375056
This. I fucking love snow levels, there can't be enough of them.
>>
The game itself gives a decent first impression, but the more I played it, the less I enjoyed it.

Let me say that I really enjoyed the battle system at first... It starts out seeming just like Chrono Trigger, but later in the game, when the big bosses start to appear, the game will demand that you learn the skill system. You can't grind through it like you can with CT. You have to actually pay attention to your skill sets... But once you have the right skill set, the game becomes a breeze. That's not really a complaint, mind you. The battle system is the thing I enjoyed most about the game.

I suppose the thing that was most disappointing about the game was the writing. The characters are extremely predictable. It's a mash-up of tired RPG cliches and thoroughly unbelievable dialogue. It's not even "so bad it's good." It's just... Flat. There's no sense of wonder in the game and the attempts at "edginess" don't really pan out.

You play as an anti-hero, but everybody still treats you as a typical kind, good-hearted hero... Even if you pick the stupidest or cruelest option every time, the other characters will treat you as if you're a reliable guy with a heart of gold... And Setsuna, the title character, makes some baffling decisions throughout the game.

Superficially, the game is not good. It's just snow, snow, snow... So much recycling is going on that it's not even funny. It was programmed in Unity with TONS of repeated environment pieces and color-swapped enemies.

Speaking of which, the enemies you'll fight most often are nothing memorable... Consisting largely of penguins, walruses, seals, and ferrets. It lacks a sense of wonder and mystery, visually. Nothing about the game will wow you. The enemies most certainly won't. I can't think of a game with less interesting enemies.

The piano soundtrack gets old sooner than you'd expect. The compositions are good, but... It's like you're listening to an average piano remix of a much better original soundtrack.
>>
>>345374440
But this is Square Enix.
>>
>>345376205
I have a feeling that Square Enix didn't provide much of a budget, so the developers tried to save money by only having to hire one musician and passing it off as an artistic choice. I'll bet the composer is the same one playing the piano, so they only had to pay one paycheck for both the playing and the composition!

So, most likely, they were cutting corners on costs for environment designs, enemy designs, and even the music! Nothing will wow you about the plot, the script, the world... I realize that they wanted to make this an "affordable" game, but... I think RPG fans deserve better than this, especially when they make so many nods to Chrono Trigger. They're setting a high bar, but falling so short of it that's not even funny.

What really disappointed me about the game is that I could see potential in there... I saw a game that was put together by a well-meaning team that had its hands tied by a lack of budget and a rushed release.

No new game plus, no reason to ever play it again... It's short enough to beat in a day, if you're dedicated... But I don't see how anyone would ever want to play it again. I regret buying it. A part of me wants it to succeed so that Tokyo RPG Factory can get another chance, but I'm not going to lie and say that it's worth buying. I don't think it is...

Still, it's not the worst RPG ever made. There are a few redeeming things about it. If you're going to buy it, go in with EXTREMELY low hopes and you might even find it to be worthwhile.
>>
>comfy snow stages during the heat of the summer
>enjoyable music and atmosphere

Sounds fucking great.
>>
File: 55604024_p1.jpg (432 KB, 516x729) Image search: [Google]
55604024_p1.jpg
432 KB, 516x729
>>345376598
I guess you're interested already.
>>
>>345376314
>>345376205

So did you copy/paste this from somewhere else or did you write it on your blog and copy/paste it from there? Because that's dedication for a game that's not even on most people's radar.
>>
>>345376275
I don't give a shit, indie shill
>>
File: ctgames.jpg (72 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
ctgames.jpg
72 KB, 960x540
>>345376749
Was the moment it was mentioned to be a spiritual successor to Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>345376834
some dude on gamefaqs wrote it down when someone asked why he was disappointed with the game
>>
>>345377000
i thought it was merely inspired by it
>>
>>345377761
Yeah, mostly a homage to that style of game.
>>
>>345376749
>>345377761
>replying to a tripfag
>>
>>345377984
who gives a fuck
>>
>>345378052
Cancer
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.