[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Valkyria Chronicles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: VALREEPS4.jpg (56 KB, 300x420) Image search: [Google]
VALREEPS4.jpg
56 KB, 300x420
Wanted to try it out on PS3, but my PS3 died. Now I got PS4 and it's on sale for 16€. Is it good? And how's PS4 version different to PC besides nice packaging?
>>
>>345364326
It is really good if you like strategy rpgs. The only real difference is it comes with dlc and runs at 60 fps/1080p. PC version basically.
>>
>>345364326
PC has mods, notable a much-needed rebalance mod (though I still recommend playing the base game first).

Good setting, bad story, good gameplay, bad balance. I thought it was pretty good overall.
>>
>>345364326
PC version has up to 4k resolution and supports higher framerates as well as antialaising, PS4 is just 1080p 60 FPS with FXAA.
PC also has water reflections while PS4 has none.
PS4 also fucked with gameplay balance by adding more grass patches (you can crawl in them for max cover) aka casualization.
>>
File: why.jpg (23 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
23 KB, 288x499
>>345364727
>PS4 also fucked with gameplay balance by adding more grass patches (you can crawl in them for max cover) aka casualization.

What the hell? VC isn't even that hard of a game.
>>
>>345364628
>bad story

EXPLAIN
>>
>>345364727
Damn, my PC is pretty weak. Not sure if I can run it on my toaster.
>>
>>345364941
Yeah I didn't even know until DigitalFoundry noticed it in their comparison how there's more grass patches on PS4.
It really fucks with balancing and makes the game even easier.

>>345365293
If you have a toaster you might as well go for PS4 then, but PC version is simply objectively better, moddable AND MUCH cheaper.

PS4 didn't even bother adding high-res prerendered cutscenes. They're still the same 720p prerenders that PS3 and PC has, complete with lack of AA in said prerenders.
>>
File: spit.webm (41 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
spit.webm
41 KB, 960x540
>>345364326
PC pros:
cheaper
can use mouse(it works well)
up to 144hz(they fixed all fps bugs)
high resolution(easy as fuck to run it higher than 4k)
shader mods
AA/AF
mods(rebalance mod, panty mod, high poly character swap, mod to remove the border, HD UI/border mod, camo texture mods, mod to remove crosshatch shader)

PS4 pros:
1080p FMVs you can watch on youtube

>>345365485
>PS4 didn't even bother adding high-res prerendered cutscenes. They're still the same 720p prerenders that PS3 and PC has, complete with lack of AA in said prerenders.
That's not true. It's not very noticeable but the PS4 version's are better.

>>345365293
You probably can, it runs VERY well.
>>
File: garling semen.webm (23 KB, 380x282) Image search: [Google]
garling semen.webm
23 KB, 380x282
>>345365485
>Yeah I didn't even know until DigitalFoundry noticed it in their comparison how there's more grass patches on PS4.
Also where the hell was the evidence of this? Same with an increased draw distance. The video showed that the games were exactly the same when they mentioned these improvements.
>>
>>345366197
>That's not true. It's not very noticeable but the PS4 version's are better.
DigitalFoundry already proved that they aren't.
They're the same original PS3 720p prerendered cutscenes. It's just that on PS3 and PS4 they're uncompressed, while on PC they compressed the videos a bit so they end up looking a tad worse.
Similar thing applies to FF13 games where on PC their prerendered cutscenes look a bit worse than on PS3 due to being compressed.

>>345366381
There wasn't increased draw distance, that was the removal of DOF filter which made distant things sharper, but rendering PC version at 4K is still sharper than PS4 without losing the DOF (since the DOF filter scales properly with resolution and the higher it is, the more accurate it gets).
>>
>>345364326
Gameplay holds up. Overall presentation is primitive. I mean the menus mostly.
>>
File: they die.webm (307 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
they die.webm
307 KB, 960x540
>>345366587
>they're uncompressed
Ah. Well they're still better.

Where was evidence of more grass?
>>
>>345366381
The grass shit is irrelevant. Simply do not go to them, assuming you notice them at all.
>>
>>345366903
>Where was evidence of more grass?
I don't remember if they showed proof of that, but they did mention it so it has to be in their video or screenshots.
>>
>>345367180
DF mentions a lot of bullshit and there's no evidence that I've seen.
>>
How are sequels for PSP? Are they translated by now? Still have no idea why Sega didn't brought them to the West considering first game was welcomed there pretty good. But again same can be questioned about Yakuza...
>>
>>345368159
do your research
>>
>>345368159
VC3 has better class balance but the maps are subpar. The fan translation sucks.
VC2 is like VC3 but much worse.
>>
>>345367474
Well the draw distance part was definitely bullshit since their own videos proved there was no increase of that on PS4, just that PS4 removed the DOF resulting in far away shit appearing sharper.
Too bad that the game looks like shit without DOF.

>>345368159
VC2 had official translation.
VC3 has an incomplete fantranslation, main story and majority of sidequests are censored but all newspapers (large backstory chunks as you remember from VC1) and ALL of the DLC are not translated.
Also plenty of typos and text cutting off. It's a very shoddy translation.
>>
>>345365293
I ran it okay on a 5 year old laptop. Granted the laptop was pretty good when I got it 5 years ago.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.