[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starbound is finally coming out on July the 22nd. Are you going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: starbound.png (229 KB, 610x340) Image search: [Google]
starbound.png
229 KB, 610x340
Starbound is finally coming out on July the 22nd. Are you going to give it a second chance?
>>
>Second chance

It'd be like, the fifth chance by that point.
>>
>>345346156
>after 9 years in development, hopefully it will have been worth the wait

i actually got it a few years ago with money i made from selling tf2 mann vs machine drops then the two cities tour game out, is it an actual good game?
>>
>Early Access money starts to dry up
>Call the next patch "complete!" in an effort to spur interest (read: money)
>>
Is anything actually changing or are they just slapping a "WE'RE DONE" label on the game that's already out?
>>
I already own it so sure, will only waste time
Played nightly a little while ago to see whats to come and it seems nice so far even not really getting into it.

All im expecting is space and nicer looking and feeling Terraria because i cant stand terraria's UI and feel and it sets off my autism. So far it seems like thats roughly going to get with more story and less character management
>>
>>345346607
They're slapping the we're done label on the unstable branch, which at this point includes all the stretch goals and a complete main story with many sidequests.

If you already bought it take a look. It has changed a lot. You can get into the nightly beta of the unstable build on Steam. It's the same that is going into 1.0 except for bug fixes and steam workshop support.

There's also a shitload of mods.
>>
>>345346607
It's not "we're done". They will continue to make free themed content and mechanics updates such as the "fishing update", the "director mode" and so on.
>>
The weapons are actually varied and cool now, not like Borderlands varied. They actually have interesting special secondary modes and that kind of stuff. There's also many non-procedural weapons and monsters added to the game. And unique weapons and bosses (besides the ones from the quests, which have all changed).
>>
File: 1460581859846.png (174 KB, 614x418) Image search: [Google]
1460581859846.png
174 KB, 614x418
>>345346156
Nigga, this is like the 9th chance. There is people who started high school when this went EA and graduated before it even was being considered to be released.

I'm still going to give it a try though, I havent touched it in a year or two.
>>
File: 1468679685550.jpg (364 KB, 698x864) Image search: [Google]
1468679685550.jpg
364 KB, 698x864
>>345346156
no just get the 3D version
>>
File: 1436977517671.jpg (184 KB, 598x943) Image search: [Google]
1436977517671.jpg
184 KB, 598x943
>>345346156
>>
>>345346156
Does this mean the vita port will finally be released?
>>
>>345348652
>what exactly do you do in this game
lol, that's what everyone I've shown it to asks me

Starbound is different though. It has a lot of home deco bullshit just like Terraria (or even more), but the combat is legit enjoyable now.

>>345348968
I didn't know anything about a Vita port, but I'd get that for sure
>>
File: 1463746136252.jpg (29 KB, 640x443) Image search: [Google]
1463746136252.jpg
29 KB, 640x443
>>345348121
>>345347796
>>345347698
>>345349102
SHILL

ALERT

THIS THREAD WAS POSTED IN THE FORUMS
>>
Are they finally adding terraforming?

The other day when I first read about this I played for like 20 minutes for the first time in two years and I got bored really quickly.
>>
There's also an infinite quest system like in Skyrim. NPCs ask you to go hunt an animal, bandits, etc.

>>345349262
I'm "shilling" the game, yes, but I didn't post shit in the forums. I'm trying to get people to look at the game again because I think it deserves another chance. I'm not a dev or anything like that. And no, I'm not getting paid for "shilling" it to weeabo autists on 4chan.

>>345349328
I think there was something about terraforming mentioned here, but I'm not sure it's implemented or even planned. I just vaguely remember hearing Tiy say something about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6hjbj0rrqw
>>
>>345349608
>. I'm trying to get people to look at the game again because I think it deserves another chance
you know the devs are fucks who stole their backers' money, right?
>>
Did they ever add novakid or pets?
>>
>>345349828
Yeah, the Novakid are in and they said they're going to give them a special place in the lore and the quests in the future. Right now are just a species like the other five. Pets are in, and combat pets too (like pokemon).

>>345349682
They "stole" mine too. So what? They're slowly (very slowly) fulfilling their promises.
>>
>no differences between races
WHY
>>
>paid full price for this game
>/v/ said i was retarded
>have a fuck ton of fun and like it way more than Terraria

I haven't played in years, literally before they even added the quests after the tutorial. How's the mod scene? Is the custom buildable spaceship mod still a thing?
>>
>>345349828
Also fossils and I forget what other stretch goals there were, but they got all of them in. Colony building perhaps? I don't remember if that was a stretch goal or not, but it's in. You can also have henchmen as well as combat pets (the difference being pets you can upgrade and store inside a pokeball, henchmen just follow you and get their equipment automatically).

You can also have pets that do nothing except look cute and also farm animals that yield different materials, such as cotton, fuel and shit like that. It's all in the video I posted I think.

They also put back hunger and temperature/environmental hazards (although very simplified).
>>
>>345351905
Yes, but Tiy said they will introduce the ability to modify your ship in-game soon. I don't know when (it could be 9 more years), but the mod is still there, yes. And the modding is still plentiful (perhaps there's more modders than players lol).

The quests have all changed and the game is much less linear. They're all implemented in the unstable branch (and nightly beta). Come the 22nd it will be in stable I suppose. They said there's going to be a wipe, but I'm hoping I'll be able to copy over my unstable save. The new tutorial is really nice, it starts with you oversleeping and being late to graduation in the Protectorate on Earth (Starfleet kind of academy). You can guess what happens next.
>>
>>345349262
>THIS THREAD WAS POSTED IN THE FORUMS

lol sure, care to show us a link faggot?
>>
>>345346156
Yeah. I've always enjoyed Starbound desu

>>345346480
It's alright. Colonies are cool, combat is better than before.
>>
File: Comfy Starbound.gif (2 MB, 798x626) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Starbound.gif
2 MB, 798x626
How long ago was that "FOSSILS" bullshit? God, it's been so long I can't even remember.
>>
Towards the end of this playlist you can see a lot of the new stuff showcased:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bild8hbdkg0&list=PLlZ5o75ZJhCE5NIEEXYGgQ7EBJhnizFbe

If you don't want to bother with the playlist, just watch this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_szpNoTo_E

(the things at the bottom are flufflalos, you harvest them for materials)
>>
Terraria is better.
You guys hyped for Otherworld?
>>
>>345346156
No.
>>
>>345355537
I hate Terraria for having the ugliest shittiest UI in the whole world and uncomfy music
>>
>>345355768
>uncomfy music
Terraria music is fucking GOAT, what are you talking about.
>>
>>345346156
Is it coming with all those quest updates finally?
>>
>>345355885
There's three songs in it or something and they're not very good
>>
Starbound doesn't deserve a second chance.

Hell, it wouldn't even be a second chance, are people really trying to swipe all the broken promises under the rug. Fuck all of you people.
>>
>>345356039
confirmed for never having played Terraria.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>345356121
name three
>>
Only reason I like Starbound is because of the multiple planets thing.

It's annoying in Terraria that you get further and further away from your starting point and it takes ages to go back (even with recall potion, you have to make the trip one-way)
>>
>>345355537
I am hyped for Otherworld too.

>>345355962
I don't know to which updates you're referring exactly, but it's coming with a whole lot of quests. It's very similar to Skyrim. There's main quests, secondary questlines and then procedural small fetch quests.

>>345356121
>b-but i'm heartbroken! i demands an apololy!

For fucks sake grow up, it's a videogame and if you already dropped money on it it's literally idiotic to refuse to play it just based on that spite. You're literally punishing yourself. Are you going to hold your breath too, until Chucklefucks send you an apology letter?

Besides, they didn't actually break any promises, they just messed up their development big time, took forever to finish the game, remade it a thousand times, probably wasted a lot of fucking money in the process..., but I don't think they have actually broken any promises (or made any for that matter). They're still going at it and didn't ask for any more money or anything.

>>345356257
>>
>>345356257
I could just say every feature in the game.
Keeping with their own schedule.
Release date.

Doesn't fucking matter if they added all those promised features now, that ship sailed already, fuck em and fuck you for trying to pretend it's okay "this time they mean it"
>>
>>345356514
>For fucks sake grow up, it's a videogame and if you already dropped money on it it's literally idiotic to refuse to play it just based on that spite. You're literally punishing yourself. Are you going to hold your breath too, until Chucklefucks send you an apology letter?

What makes you think I didn't refund this shit.
>>
File: wahmbulance.jpg (34 KB, 433x284) Image search: [Google]
wahmbulance.jpg
34 KB, 433x284
>>345356590
>I could just say every feature in the game

Go ahead, name three.
>>
>>345356514
Jesus christ, try to make it look less like shilling, you sad cunt.

Why do you want people to play your shitty game?
>>
>>345346156
I haven't played in a while. Last thing I remember was quests and some kinda spaceport hub.

What's been added since?
>>
File: ruben stud no hands.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ruben stud no hands.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>345356590
>keeping their own schedule and release date are two different broken promises instead of one

damn you're right fuck starbound lol
>>
>>345356793
When I refunded the game, they had no clear idea what to do with the game, the combat was atrocious, the stats were completely dogshit, the quests were horrible, and the developers turned the forums into north korean intranet.

I don't have to convince you of anything, you're the one trying to get people to give this shit another look.

How about YOU give us ONE GOOD REASON to trust chucklefuck this time.
>>
Starbound hate in a nutshell:
Impatient children assumed that all features and stretch goals would get implemented in a few months.
And now that the developers are finally delivering they are going full tsundere.
>I don't care that I'm getting what I was promised, I don't want it anymore because I wanted everything immediately!
>>
>>345356468

Mine cart tracks and later on teleporters make traveling around in terraria stupid easy. Even more so now thanks to The Grand Design making laying wires a non-issue.
>>
>>345357127
>>I don't care that I'm getting what I was promised, I don't want it anymore because I wanted everything immediately!

Yeah, fuck those people for wanting the features they paid in advance within the timeframe promised.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>345346156
shit is still so fuckin laggy, if not worse. It's fucking awful and I even used to like this garbage.
>>
Is mod support as good as ever? I remember that is the one thing it had over terraria. The mod community was bitching.
>>
>>345357218
>Even more so now thanks to The Grand Design making laying wires a non-issue.

What is the grand design?
I've been thinking about getting back on terraria now that they added yet another update after 1.3.
>>
>>345346156
No. I'm looking forward to Terraria 2.
>>
File: starbound tim allen.png (41 KB, 1592x202) Image search: [Google]
starbound tim allen.png
41 KB, 1592x202
>>345357492
seems to be
>>
>>345357784
Awesome
Maybe I'll give it another chance
It'll never be terraria, but at least it can be something
>>
Yeah I think I will, don't have anything else to play
>>
>>345356806
I already said I was shilling it. This is my thread shilling Starbound. You can tell by the posters/replies ratio that I wrote about 10 posts in here because I am actively trying to answer questions and getting you interested in the game. You are free to sage and fuck off if you're not interested.

>>345356696
OK, I get it now. You're regretting getting a refund because your ego will never allow you to buy it again. Well, too bad, they have finally implemented literally everything they said they would, except for director mode. They supposedly will look into it after release.

>>345357040
The quests are now tied together (I think you probably played placeholders) but you can progress ignoring them completely and just grinding for the rewards instead if you're not interested.

The hub grows as you progress through the game, new shops open, new NPCs move in, etc, as you do things you cause these changes (but I don't think there are branching paths or anything like that).

They also added secondary quest lines such as helping traders grow their business, gang wars and stuff like that. I haven't played much of that yet so I don't know how deep it goes. There's also procedural fetch quests.

Colony building, henchmen, pets, farm animals and combat pets (pokemon). Vehicles (mechs, boats, cars, etc.), upgradeable. A rail system, wiring, logic gates, but very little in the way of automation (automatic ore processing and such is not in the game and will never be according to Tiy, but there are mods for that if you want).

Also teleporters that you can place and configure. I don't know if those were already in when you played.

>>345357492
The modding API has been expanded even more according to Tiy, but I don't know about that first hand.

I don't know, I still have a lot of stuff to see.

>>345357076
Fuck off. Go play some other game.
>>
>>345357784
lol so random xd
>>
>>345357938
>OK, I get it now. You're regretting getting a refund because your ego will never allow you to buy it again. Well, too bad, they have finally implemented literally everything they said they would, except for director mode. They supposedly will look into it after release.

Yes, I regret getting my money back after being lied to.

How about you go play starbound, instead of trying to convince others to.
>>
Some kind anon paid money to preorder this game for me 4 years ago, and I feel like I deserve a refund.
>>
>>345358158
>lol I'm on 4chan/v so I must be a hater to fit in
>>
>>345358290
The game sucks.
>>
>>345357702

Its a new end game tool for wires. You can set or cut wire or actuators from any visible point on your screen. Laying wire across your world is simply a matter of having enough of it, clicking the mouse down on one point, traveling to the end point and releasing the mouse button. It also has a helpful feature to make wires visible at all times if you want to.

You can lay minecart tracks across a large world in minutes with a single builder potion and the smart courser. Then on hard mode use the tracks to lay your wire and teleport everywhere. Tracks are easy to make and wire is cheap. The time you save traveling is well worth it.
>>
File: sjwgame.png (3 KB, 285x114) Image search: [Google]
sjwgame.png
3 KB, 285x114
>>345346156
Now I can finally dump some stuff I found when shittalking Tiy and co.
>>
>>345358551
Holy shit, reinstalling.

Finally I can build my teleporter connected commieblock somewhere out of sight, like hell.
>>
File: Ehoweh.gif (1 MB, 370x270) Image search: [Google]
Ehoweh.gif
1 MB, 370x270
>>345357959
>doesn't appreciate tim the tool man taylor

you have to be 18 or older to post here
>>
>>345357492
>Try to look at terraria mods
>90% are just saves with buildings someone else made and uploaded
>The remaining 10% are all shitty custom weapons

Is it harder to mod for Terraria, or is there just no interest
>>
File: chucklefishgames.jpg (374 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
chucklefishgames.jpg
374 KB, 1920x1080
Fuck you Chucklefish. SJW scum.
>>
>>345346156
I already paid for it. Most I can waste is my time.
>>
>>345357880
I don't think it will ever be terraria because the developer's attitude is very different, but with the help of the modding community I think it can really become something.

I think chucklefish really fucked up by coming out with early access when they knew they had yet so much work to do. But publishing other games saved them, and I don't think they'll have to do paid DLC for Starbound or anything like that (that'd be suicide). I think this game is going to grow very slowly into something awesome.

>>345358835
Terraria wasn't really built with modding in mind like Starbound was. Terraria, on the other hand, has a lot of great vanilla stuff that Starbound does not (at least not yet).

>>345358928
Ahahaha... Oh, the butthurt :')
>>
File: goonslol.jpg (489 KB, 1000x1540) Image search: [Google]
goonslol.jpg
489 KB, 1000x1540
>>345346156
I found one of the former devs shittalking Tiy on SomethingAwful. Just gotta find the convo and I'll post screenshots here.
>>
>>345358750
Who is this?
>>
>>345347698
>all the stretch goals
Fossils?
>>
>>345358835
>Is it harder to mod for Terraria,
Yes, it has to do with the game being made on Microsoft XNA framework, so every mod needs to basically make their own client, servermods are easier in that regard.

It is one of the things that will be adressed in the sequel.
>>
>>345359036
Please keep giving people the precious (You)'s. It makes me happy to see a redditor get eviscerated on here.
>>
i really want to like this game, but it runs like shit
>>
I gave them a second chance already. They ran out of chances. They already got my money anyway, they won. I'm not going to keep playing the shitty game, I don't care about what they do with it.
>>
>>345359169
Yeah, fossils are in too. This is how they work (try to bear the faggot showcasing it)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjTozIrG5Zc

>>345359198

>>345359289
It got better. Not good enough, but I'm playing unstable. Release is supposed to be even better. Worth losing a few minutes checking it out. Pirate it when it comes out. I think it's DRM-free.
>>
Is it still full of tumblr memes?

Is it still a boring version of Terraria?

Are the devs still despicable cunts?

If the answer to all three of these questions is no, I don't believe you. Fuck off Chucklefuck. You had your chance.
>>
File: Wurmheart vs Starbound.png (453 KB, 639x3632) Image search: [Google]
Wurmheart vs Starbound.png
453 KB, 639x3632
I loved how /sbg/ existed only to document all the lies and bullshit by the Starbound devs.

Kinda sad I never bookmarked the imgur archives.
>>
>>345359620
>Is it still full of tumblr memes?
Yes

>Is it still a boring version of Terraria?
Well, that is subjective. You answer it.

>Are the devs still despicable cunts?
Mostly

>If the answer to all three of these questions is no, I don't believe you. Fuck off Chucklefuck. You had your chance.
>Bwaaaah
>>
File: SJWfascists.png (167 KB, 1892x913) Image search: [Google]
SJWfascists.png
167 KB, 1892x913
Here you go. Rho talking about how shitty it was working with Tiy.

Dude sounds like the ultimate Nu-Male cuck. I'm sure Mollay is loving the attention in the forum sycophant squad, though. ;) Have fun reading this, Chucklefucks.
>>
>>345359787
>gets concerned over unresponsive developer
>leaks confidential contract
>surprised shit gets ugly

Real smooth. This is what happens when you work with children. They should have asked for proof of having held a job for more than a summer before sending him that contract.
>>
>>345359620
Terraria is the boring version of Terraria
>>
>>345359818
Please refer to line 4.
>>
>>345360148
>He's never played Terraria with /v/
I feel for you.
>>
>>345359787
this was a really autistic time on the internet right after five guys i believe.
>>
>>345360024
Don't mistake the developer for the game. I never said they are not unbearable fucks. I'm just shilling the game itself.

To be completely honest I detached myself from the whole drama once it became clear the development was not moving. I just came back to it a couple of days ago and couldn't care less about all the swj drama. The game is good in my opinion, that's all that matters to me.

>>345360409
>He's never been dossed and griefed to death
>>
>>345360148
terraria is pretty fun, even alone.
Starbound was a buggy mess though. Not sure how that has changed, will see, but Starbound will never be better than Terraria as it is now.

Also the fact that the game is full of "Multiculturism is good" and one NPC says "Its important to race-mix" makes me feel realy realy iffy about the game. Why do leftwingcucks ALWAYS push their political agenda in fucking video games? Cant they leave it alone?
>>
You can see some interesting weapons and henchmen here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O-qkuxsSp8

You can also see the auto sorted inventory and I guess some of the quest system.
>>
File: 2015-02-04_00002.jpg (374 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-04_00002.jpg
374 KB, 1920x1080
this fucking update better make my $20 feel worth it all those years ago

post ships
>>
>>345360778
>Also the fact that the game is full of "Multiculturism is good" and one NPC says "Its important to race-mix" makes me feel realy realy iffy about the game. Why do leftwingcucks ALWAYS push their political agenda in fucking video games? Cant they leave it alone?
Oh god, is this true? Why is it so impossible to escape now? Makes me sick to my stomach.
>>
I spent $75 on starbound. Ask me anything.
>>
>>345346156
No. They still haven't addressed the core, driving issue with the game.

Literally everything is fucking cosmetic. There is no good, functional reason to do a lot of shit. There is no good, functional reason to seek out specific enemies or biomes.

The lighting is cool. The ability to put blocks in foreground as frames, or background as walls without creating a separate item is neat. The music system is cool. The built in mod support is fucking rad, man. Water pressure mechanics are lovely. So on and so forth.

But it just isn't satisfying to make progress. At all. There's no drive to return to earlier areas. There's no reason to try and grind certain things out. The enemies feel soulless because they're all fucking randomly generated, instead of coherently designed.
>>
>>345360728
>>He's never been dossed and griefed to death

Those grapes are sour.
>>
The devs are still the same right? Yeah, fuck that, not going to support those fags.
>>
File: 135873752963.jpg (179 KB, 1360x274) Image search: [Google]
135873752963.jpg
179 KB, 1360x274
>>345361062
>post ships
>>
>>345360728
>dossed and griefed to death
>things that never happend
Terraria with /v/ was pretty fun if the server owner was capable and was running tshockor whatever it was called.

The steps were
>Create server
>post server and pw
>wait for ppl to join
>change PW
>kick/IPBan all redditors
>have a blast in meme hell
>>
>>345360778
Even the unstable branch is very much bug free, and they supposedly are focusing on bug fixes until the 22nd, so that's pretty good. Performance has also gotten much better, but I still notice some strange slowdowns where there shouldn't be any.

>>345361305
Try frequenting less /pol/ and I guarantee you won't notice it as much. Still a little, but not as much.

>>345361423
Why the fuck $75??

>>345361463
Have you tried the nightlies? If you still feel that way after playing the new game I guess you don't like it. I had this same complaint but somehow they fixed it for me. I'm sorry mate.

>>345361567
>>345361841
I'm just memeing. I've never actually played with /v/. Sadly.

>>345361595
I think a lot of devs left, but the ones that stayed are the faggest of them all.

>not going to support those fags
But you already gave them your money, didn't you? In any case, pirate the game and revel in all the shittiness.
>>
>>345361930
>Why the fuck $75?
It looked promising, I was young, and I wanted my name in the credits.
>>
>>345361930
>In any case, pirate the game and revel in all the shittiness.

Why?

Why do YOU care if we play this shitfest? What's your interest in this? You've repeateadly said you're shilling the game, but why do you care? You could've just posted the OP and left, this isn't the first thread on the release date, hell Starbound threads get blown the fuck to page 10 repeatedly.
>>
>>345361930
If it somehow does get popular on /v/ then I'll pirate and check it out. Otherwise I'm just going to keep ridiculing whoever supports it. Either way, have not, and not going to give my money.
>>
You guys know what the difference between Terraria and Starbound threads

Terraria thread wouldn't have gone this far without someone starting a server.

Not even the guy who admitted to being a shill wants to play this game.
>>
>>345361930
>Try frequenting less /pol/ and I guarantee you won't notice it as much. Still a little, but not as much.
But anon I don't wanna swallow the blue pill...
>>
>>345362258
Honestly? Because a week ago I was shitting all over this game without even having tried it again. I was sour and bitter as fuck, as I know a lot of people are on /v/ about the stupidest things. And I think it's a pity that this game would get overlooked in such an absurd way and for such childish reasons.

You think you're punishing Chucklefish by refusing to play a game you already paid for. But in reality you're cucking yourselves like little children, the same way I was just days ago. That makes me angry. Chucklefish already got your money and it turns out they ended up making a decent game with it. They couldn't care less if you played or not, though. That's your problem, at this point, not theirs. They have enough of a core fanbase to keep it afloat.

It's a lot of work to keep bumping this thread though, so don't worry. I'll probably won't do it again. I just hope I got someone to do themselves a favor and leave that childish bullshit behind. Next time don't preorder a fucking indie game, but if you've already been fooled into it, and the game turns out to actually happen five years later, why the fuck pout and tantrum like a little shit instead of getting your money's worth?
>>
>>345356039
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>345363220
>You think you're punishing Chucklefish by refusing to play a game you already paid for.

haven't paid a dime on this game.

You assume everyone on /v/ fell for this shit, maybe you're just bitter you did.
>>
This game is so dead and forgotten, no good porn is coming out for it anymore.
>>
>>345363404
>haven't paid a dime on this game

You should really pirate it once it's out then. You'll be surprised. Nobody is going to know, so your massive ego is safe even if you like it!
>>
File: aJvBWDG.jpg (356 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aJvBWDG.jpg
356 KB, 1920x1080
>>345361062
>post ships
>>
>>345364101
Why are you saying everyone else has a massive ego?

You're the one who's doing a PSA to get people who don't care about the game to give it another go, you egotistical cunt.

How about you leave? I don't think you're convincing anyone here, and people who care about the release date already know about it. You had your say, now fuck off.
>>
>>345358785
I'm 24 and think your shit is fucking stupid. Kill yourself.
>>
>>345364493
Does that work on multiplayer?
>>
>>345364682
yes
>>
>>345350963
>They're slowly (very slowly) fulfilling their promises.
Three words:
THICK
AND
FAST
>>
>>345364867
It looks like shit, but it looks like you spent a lot of time on it, so I will say it looks okay, not to hurt your feelings.
>>
>>345365195
I'm not the one that posted the ship tho
>>
>>345365339
Then how do you know if that ship works in multiplayer?
>>
>>345362742
>Terraria thread wouldn't have gone this far without someone starting a server.
Well when the starbound big update goes live, you wont even need a server, you can just join friends on your steam list like you would most valve games.

Though admittedly, a server with actual decent admin tools would be great, their current one is dogshit.
>>
>>345365803
because ships work in multiplayer
>>
>>345366067
>Well when the starbound big update goes live, you wont even need a server, you can just join friends on your steam list like you would most valve games.

So can you in Terraria.

But that's not what I'm saying, no one is asking to play with other people here. No one wants to play your shitty game.
>>
>>345361930
>Try frequenting less /pol/ and I guarantee you won't notice it as much. Still a little, but not as much.

>its a "ignore it and it will go away" retort
Nope, ignoring it doesnt make it go away. The past showed us.
>>
>>345346156
I'll give it a first chance.
>>
File: Glitched.jpg (383 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Glitched.jpg
383 KB, 1600x900
>>345365803
Ships have worked in multiplayer for as long as the game's been out, even built a few space station ships along with some bros from /v/ and eventually /vg/ (when mods forced us off /v/ due to constant generals) threads.
>>
>>345366893
ships that large didn't work on the game on release.

I want to know for sure that ships that large will work on multiplayer.
>>
>>345367135
Eventually the mod updated to where the ship "world" was replaced with that of a large planet map, so you could literally build an entire planet as your ship if you wanted, but as before you'd have to keep the landing point the same. Here's about two screens over and one screen up from >>345366893, just wish I had managed to cobble together a screenshot of the entire thing, but I was waiting until it was finished and they wiped again before we completed the build.
>>
File: 1380272341707.jpg (203 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1380272341707.jpg
203 KB, 1920x1080
>>345361062
No, post florans
>>
i liked this game a lot more before the quests and ship upgrades. also before the removal of sectors

also fuck being slowed for walking backwards, that's the absolute worst
>>
>>345346156
Actually yes, I only played it once last year and it had real issues that hampered playing as a group.
I hope they fixed these.
>>
GLITCH IS THE BEST RACE
>>
Might as well reinstall and try the game since I haven't in like 2 years.

If I understand this thread right I should install unstable for all the latest stuff correct?
>>
>>345358750
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f76GsOBxUg0

>>345357127
t. Tiy
>>
>>345347796
That is the definition of "we're done" it is minecraft again. Why bother when there is no more money to be made?

Every single person who backed this is at least midly retarded, they falled for marketing buzzwords, and I am sure all of the fail to understand how game development works; reason as to why devs can sell RNG as an "unique" feature.

So bravo, hurray for a game that is not even close to being Terraria, let alone surparsing it, but that is what contrarian faggots deserve for supporting this meme game instead of terraria.

It is called crowd funding, because after a project is funded, you end with an angry mob.
>>
File: wwwwwwwwww.png (605 KB, 1592x834) Image search: [Google]
wwwwwwwwww.png
605 KB, 1592x834
I just gave the fuck up on the game a year ago.
The behavior of the devs and fans put me off of it and the fact that Terraria manages to do so much more especially with mods like N Terraria.
Maybe Starbound -can- be good eventually but right now there's not much to do aside from erp and play around with mods.
>>
>>345349608
>infinite quest system
>Talk to an NPC
>Hey kill / gather X
Oh, that is always fun...

>>345349682
>stole
Stole is not develivering a drop of piss because "The sun told me to".
No, this is a project that fails to meet expectations, but everything is in order, it is neither a scam, it is just that imbeciles like yourself are simply too moronic to understand that what you see is what you get.
>>
>>345357127
Well people who support crowdfunding are clearly retarded. This WAS to be expected.

They literally targetted idiots.
Here, for example:
>>345357076
This cunt here, he refunded an early access game because he does not understand the words "early" nor "access", he is a God damned idiot, too impatient to wait to see how the game would turn out, and too fucking stupid that he donated to a campaign without understanding risks, how game development works etc.

It is amazing he lived to adulthood considering he is virtually illiterate.
>>
>>345359620
How do those look like? I am honestly curious. I know how reddit bullshit looks like, but unless it is something like a Steven Universe reference, it is lost in me.
>>
>>345356039
>he hasnt played since 1.0

good god man
>>
>>345357492
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/n-terraria-mod-rpg-races-classes-quests-and-other-things.542/
>>
>>345366893
>>345368085
what mod lets you make your own ships?
>>
File: 1304889295727.png (115 KB, 560x421) Image search: [Google]
1304889295727.png
115 KB, 560x421
>>345346156
>Starbound is finally coming out

I remember when they said that in 2013.
>>
>>345359787
The guy was an impatient fuck and leaked images out of context in 4chan, wow, they are clearly evil, there could not be any other reasoning but pure malice.

I am glad I am part of a community of fucking retards who can denounce the evils of people who work on the clearly evil, an unethical world of videogame -journalism- .... I mean game development.

Let's celebrate their failure with a pint of fresh bleach, you all go first.
>>
Starbounds problems are fundamental.

>go to world
>start mining shit
>do something with it
>move to the next world
>do the same thing again but this time a bit more effient
>repeat till you get bored
And the whole flying from place to place thing is more annoying than fun.

They got everything wrong.
You cannot fix this game.
Let it die. Stop trying to make people fall for it.
>>
>>345361423
Are you retarded?
>>345363220
This is some autism right here, re-evalute your life, or end it.
>>
File: No.jpg (135 KB, 1133x581) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
135 KB, 1133x581
>>345346156
>>
>>345375970
It is, they even have the "completely abandoned the game" thing for a while but I think they actually came back and started slowly working on it
>>
>>345348121
>They actually have interesting special secondary modes and that kind of stuff.

They did in the very first release before Tiy backpedaled and fucked up combat for 3 years
>>
File: Eri_a11_akuwarai3.png (806 KB, 968x1041) Image search: [Google]
Eri_a11_akuwarai3.png
806 KB, 968x1041
>in Terraria you generate one world that has everything you could ever want
>people wanted Starbound to be the same except this time with more like different planets and stuff
>what they got was a Terraria with shit it never needed, far too low amount of content inside the worlds and horrible progression
>>
>>345375676
http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/fully-customizable-ship.39/ I think was it. it's outdated though, so you'll probably have to find another one if it doesn't work. And with the big update apparently around the corner and it's coming with a wipe, might be better to wait until it releases before hunting down another mod that you'd have to update, and lose your ship as well.
>>
>>345376003
>>345375970
>Hey the game is essentially terraria but in space
>"Why is this game just terraria in space? Fucking KS fraud"

There is bitterness, and disappointment, but then there is retardation, and you two are retarded. Of course the game is boring, it is based on a fucking boring genre.
>>
>>345376628
>this is terraria in space

It really isn't.
If anything its a far shittier version of Terraria.
>>
>>345376427
Thank you for resuming every starfraud thread ever.
I'd like you to be quiet, but you are corrrect.

Nice anime image btw.
>>
>>345358750
>do this
>get a six figure salary for nothing
>>
File: 1419986070074.jpg (439 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1419986070074.jpg
439 KB, 800x800
>>345376807
>Nice anime image btw.
Umineko has no anime
>>
This shilling is pretty hard to swallow, but to be fair /sbg/ has been impatient shitposting children from the start so I can't really take any of this criticism very seriously either. I got the game for free and haven't played since the initial early access release, I'm willing to give it a chance, but I don't expect much.
>>
What is it with Chucklyfish and them viraling their shit everywhere but only shortly before release?

>nobody ever heard of Stardew Valley and threads only started to happen like half a year before release and even then it was like one 10 post thread every 2 months
>shortly before release suddenly multiple threads all day reaching 500+ posts with DUDE HARVEST MOON IS BACK
>>
File: turtlecat.jpg (30 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
turtlecat.jpg
30 KB, 200x200
>>345377176
>>345377289
>>345377482
>>345377629
>>
>>345377481
>haven't played since the initial early access release, I'm willing to give it a chance, but I don't expect much.
Pretty much me. While I shit on chucklefuck for being lazy fucks and hardly pushing updates to stable, if this update really is everything it seems to be, then it'll provide me with a couple more dozens of hours of entertainment.
>>
File: 1468510353970.png (71 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1468510353970.png
71 KB, 480x360
I've given it a second chance already, though.

And a third.
And a fourth.
And a fifth.
And a sixth.
And so on, and so on, and so on.

I've been on the rollercoaster of disappointment for a long time, and while I'll probably end up booting it up to confirm, I have very little doubt that it'll be just as empty an experience and require just as much modding to turn into something enjoyable.
>>
>>345377771
>nearing release date generates hype

Wow what a hard concept to grasp.
>>
>>345377954
>hype
>for something nobody was hyped before
>for something that didn't came out of nowhere
>>
>>345346356
This.
I already did and they failed harder than the first time.
>>
File: 38403740384-2.gif (595 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
38403740384-2.gif
595 KB, 480x360
>not even done making the singleplayer
>calling the game finished
>>
>Starbound gets released in Early Access
>THE REVOLUTION IS HERE! GO GET IT
>It's shit

>Starbound goes V2 in Early Access
>BIGGEST CONTENT UPDATE EVER! THE GAME IS FIXED
>It wasn't

>Starbound leaves Early Access and gets released for real
>ARE YOU READY TO GET THE GAME OF THE GENERATION BOYS?
Dude. Fuck off
>>
i wanna play terraria
>>
>>345378081
???
I don't know what to tell you, except that you seem to fill holes created by your own lack of intelligence with conspiration theories.
>>
>>345376201
screencaping this
>>
>>345355537
Why get hyped for Otherworld when Terraria 2 is confirmed?
>>
File: BANANA.jpg (6 KB, 68x128) Image search: [Google]
BANANA.jpg
6 KB, 68x128
The most fun I had in Starbound was turning my character into a smug banana-man.

All I did after a while was convert midis so I could play songs at people.
>>
>>345376201
That was epic for the win, anon!
>>
>>345375894
Nice post, Molly
>>
>>345378637
Because Otherworld is neat looking as a spinoff.
>>
>>345355537
God no.
Hyped for 2 until I see some gameplay though
>>
>>345346156
I'll be honest, I really liked some of its approaches to things, like the various races and having a spaceship home base

But being a better value than Terraria at this point is a mountain to climb at best and practically impossible at worst

It's DoA Jim.
>>
>>345359620
I don't know what a tumblr meme looks like considering I don't go there.
>Is it still a boring version of Terraria?
Terraria is far better on average, but it's also more structured than Starbound and therefore Starbound is a better adventure game even if it's not better in general.
>Are the devs still despicable cunts?
They seem lazy, stupid, and whiny. That doesn't make them despicable though. Just inefficient devs that aren't good at their jobs.

Overall Starbound isn't very impressive and there's a lot to be leery of on the developer side, but I'm looking forward to playing it online with my brother anyway because it's just got a really fun premise that honestly doesn't need that much polish to pull off.

Open-ended multiplayer space Adventures where you can build cool shit. That's what I wanted. Whatever tumblr bullshit and developer shittery is not important to me.
>>
Just a quick question:

what does Terraria do that Starbound doesn't? explain
>>
>>345379096

For one, it's capable of releasing without being in early access for 3 years.
>>
>>345346156
it's useless OP, retards on /v/ still thinks the game is like it was on release, and they memespout to death every thread with the name starbound in it
>>
Are 90% of the items that you place still just eye candy?
>>
>>345374082
>they falled for

You can't write that and then proceed to accuse people of being mildly retarded.
>>
>>345379096
Starbound just tries to do too much
Lots of features but little in the way of content

Progression is really unfulfilling also
Go to new planet type>unlock new gear>unlock new planet type>go to new planet type

Also combat is shit
>>
>>345379351

What did they do better? Tell me. I've tried keeping up with this piece of crap, but every major problem is still present.
>>
>>345379031
>That doesn't make them despicable though.
Idon'tanswercertainquestions.jpeg
Tiy is a huge cunt. Molly is also a cunt.
Everyone else seemed okay, be sure they always felt more like they were at a whip's end when they were posting like faggots.
The one female coder was a legitimately nice person
Whoever asked reddit for help after posting how 'its not fair he makes 6 digits now'. Fuck him too. Yes I understand that doesn't contextualize that statement very well. Idgaf.
>>
>>345379689
>Also combat is shit
it's had a few overhauls and the combat in 1.0 looks better than terraria's to be honest
>>
>>345379919
>looks
Looks have nothing to do with how it plays. As it stands the overhauls haven't done much. Shit's still clunky as hell (having to hold the mouse button down to do a full swing feels like soggy, old wrinkled ass) and enemies aren't much fun to fight because enemy behaviors are, in practice, all the same.
>>
>>345379852
They improved the progression so that isn't shit, added quests and such that can be obtained at a station to help that, improved the combat system and other stuff but they still had to implement the final boss tho
it will probably be coming with 1.0
>>
>>345379919
I've played it
It's shit

Ranged is garbage because of the energy system
The pokemon bullshit is just too weak
Melee is literally the only viable option and the best of them is double daggers since it has the highest dps and stunlocks enemies

Combat is shit, m8
>>
>>345380142
>improved the progression
haha, what? it's still boring as fuck
>>
File: 1468149243567.gif (113 KB, 777x533) Image search: [Google]
1468149243567.gif
113 KB, 777x533
>>345379919
Unless they completely redid the combat from ground up AGAIN, it'll probably still feel boring and uninspired, like it has for so long.
>>
>>345359554
what about vehicles?
>>
>>345378637
because terraria 2 is 12 years away
>>
>>345380142
>added quests and such that can be obtained at a station to help that
Wasn't that years ago?
>>
>>345380356
>boring and uninspired
you mean like terraria's?
>>
>>345380408
What vehicles?
You mean the pod racers which are literally useless?
Or the boat which is equally useless?
>>
File: really.png (76 KB, 246x241) Image search: [Google]
really.png
76 KB, 246x241
>>345380661
>>
>>345379509
this was a good shitpost attempt. I appreciated it anon don't worry it didn't go unnoticed.
>>
>>345380142
The final boss is already in unstable
It's boring as fuck
>>
>>345380314
>they added a system that is more complex than terraria
>haha, what? it's still boring as fuck
kek what an hypocrite
>>
Starbound still has no fucking sense of progression at all.

Across all tiers of the game your movement options are essentially the same, your weapons are always the same, your enemies are always the same. The only thing that changes is that numbers get bigger but everything is always at the same relative power level if you have the gear for that tier.

And now the environmental protection stuff is tied to your back slot item, so you absolutely must use the light augment in it unless you never go underground or bother with fuck millions of torches. The light producing back slot items are worthless unless you stay in the lowest tier planets that don't have the environmental hazards.

And now almost every food item rots over time, which means that none of them stack anymore in order to separate them based on expiration time.

They redid techs again and now there are no more "bubble" style techs so you will always have to worry about fall damage at every tier of the game. No good travel options exist; you are always stuck with a shitty double jump, a shitty triple jump, a dash that consumes energy and doesn't even let you double jump while dashing, and the grappling hook is still clunky as FUCK to use. I guess you could use skyrails if you had a single reason to stay around a planet for any decent amount of time.

Some planets are still absolutely fucking worthless to visit, like the poison ocean planets that have acid rain permanently that you can't ever mitigate so you take damage over time forever unless you make a "roof" across the whole planet. And you can't traverse them in the boat vehicle because it too is damaged by the rain and ocean itself very rapidly.
>>
>>345380819
>an hypocrite
>>
File: chHR613ezNo.jpg (85 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
chHR613ezNo.jpg
85 KB, 612x612
>>345358750
Is that really her?
>>
>>345380819
complexity has nothing to do with how well it plays
the secondary abilities give you more options but it's fucking stupid because enemy behavior is all the same mechanically and combat feels like trying to masturbate except your climax never comes because it's so fucking clunky and slow

and not slow in a good way either
>>
>>345346156
Its shit just like Terraria
>DUDE WHAT IF WE MADE MINECRAFT IN 2D
>THAT'S FUCKING EPIC BRO, LMAO
>>
>>345379919
>it's had a few overhauls
You mean like that time Tiy asked the Secrets of Grindea devs on twitter if they'd like to get published, got turned down in silence, then 'was inspired' or wait no, 'didnt remember' (even though he posted to them like 3 weeks earlier) that the blocking mechanic they added worked almost exactly like the one from Grindea? Like that update?
>>
File: 1466397787523.jpg (61 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
1466397787523.jpg
61 KB, 460x215
>>345355537

MODDED TERRARIA SERVER

Instructions:
DL tmodloader.
DL "Prefixes for Enemies" (it's located in the mod browser in tmodloader-Terraria, which is sorted by names).
Join: 24.112.98.39 7777
>>
File: 1467228078661.jpg (68 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1467228078661.jpg
68 KB, 720x960
If I didn't like Terraria, is there any point trying out the clones like this, Edge of Space, Crea, etc?

I'm nowhere near creative/autistic enough to make fancy buildings/structures. I was progressing very slowly but got hit by a goblin invasion which I couldn't beat. I didn't care enough to git gud or look up game mechanics and dropped the game.
>>
>>345346156

>play it near release
>comfy game, not great, but whatever
>try playing it again recently
>it is inexplicably much more awful than I remember it
>feels much more clunky than I remember it being

What happened?
>>
>>345380970
I think it was someone working for cf but wasn't involved with sb's development
>>
File: Starbound.jpg (361 KB, 700x1088) Image search: [Google]
Starbound.jpg
361 KB, 700x1088
>the shitpost a thon that is starbound general will be coming back
oh boy
>>
File: 1449100917114.png (182 KB, 519x513) Image search: [Google]
1449100917114.png
182 KB, 519x513
>>345381127
That honestly really just comes down to if you liked anything at all about Terraria, if there was nothing you really enjoyed about it then there's no point in trying to force yourself to enjoy games of its ilk.
>>
>>345381127
>If I didn't like Terraria, is there any point trying out the clones like this, Edge of Space, Crea, etc?
No
Terraria is literally the peak of the genre
Which is pretty embarrassing given it was released 5 years ago
>>
>>345381127
>I didn't like Terraria
>I couldn't get past the goblin invasion
>not even on expert mode, plausibly
Game's simple. Can get a Reaver Shark from fishing, an Obsidian Skin potion, and farm the nether for the best gear pre-WoF.
>>
File: 1423184057246.png (2 MB, 1440x878) Image search: [Google]
1423184057246.png
2 MB, 1440x878
>>345381326
i miss /sbg/, there were some decent people there
>>
>>345380937
>And now almost every food item rots over time, which means that none of them stack anymore in order to separate them based on expiration time.
Fucking really? But hunger is too much to deal with?
>>
File: 1468293709481.jpg (65 KB, 700x691) Image search: [Google]
1468293709481.jpg
65 KB, 700x691
>>345381517
To be honest I genuinely miss /sbg/ because of all the good times I had shitposting with other people who made the same dumb mistake as I did, even though I never actually got around to playing on the multiplayer servers for the most part.
>>
>>345381127
>too retarded to beat a minecraft clone made for 12 year olds

i wish neo-neo-/v/ wasn't real
>>
>>345381517
>L2 webm so I can keep the general alive
>It's hard to find to stuff to update about
I only remember making a blocking video and weather one for the for the flake things
Sad times tubaho fomolo
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-07-17 19.05.29.png (404 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-07-17 19.05.29.png
404 KB, 1920x1080
>>345381089
>legendary pickaxe
>>
>>345381646
Hunger mechanics is based on difficulty.

Survival and Hardcore have hunger, Casual doesn't. But Casual still has the decaying food and all.

Casual is drop nothing on death, Survival is hunger plus drop items on death, Hardcore is permadeath.

Also I've had some really fucking silly deaths like the time I was chilling in a Avian village when a meteor shower happened. The meteors wrecked some buildings which caused furniture and other stuff to get broken down. The furniture and blocks fell near me, entered my inventory, and made all the guards permanently hostile.

So if you ever wander into a friendly village and see a bunch of blocks or furniture on the ground, do whatever you can do dodge them.
>>
>>345346156
Yeah, I still love it. I really dont get the hate that it gets here
>>
>>345382106
This Pickaxe performed the legendary task of perhaps being almost worth considering using over commiting suicide.
>>
I'm going to be honest, I played the nightly unstable branch (which is basically 1.0) and I'm pleased with a lot of what they've done recently. The game is still plagued by shortcuts and poor design decisions, but it really isn't a bad game. I'm happy that most of the "neat stuff" progression is separate from the story progression, and the tiered equipment progression is separate from both. That and the way the story is structured puts a greater focus on exploration, which is the major strength of the game.

The game had a lot of potential that was never lived up to and the devs were obnoxious and often incompetent. But if you take the game as a finished, "it is what it is" kind of thing then it really is a decent game. I don't blame people for being soured on it, but I think people were just expecting more from it than could be delivered.
>>
>>345382138
I think I'll just play something else
>>
>>345382138
>The furniture and blocks fell near me, entered my inventory, and made all the guards permanently hostile.
Lol...
>>
>Open random chest on high tier planet
>Obtain a "Laser Pickaxe"
>Its like a normal pickaxe but instead of durability, uses energy meter
>Has less range and coverage than my matter manipulator (only has a 3x3 area compared to my 5x5)

Honestly Chucklefuck? What is this shit?
>>
>>345382254
It's so quick.
>>
File: snoop.jpg (15 KB, 240x250) Image search: [Google]
snoop.jpg
15 KB, 240x250
>>345376201

>almost all posts are approximately one minute apart

No one circlejerks themselves that hard... right?
>>
>>345382504
>literally none of the posts are new IPs
I actually think you may be right
>>
>>345382223
I can't speak for everyone but the fact that it stayed in an obviously unfinished state for so long was frustrating for me. Having to constantly rebuild from scratch and doing a bunch of grinding every time they patched it, only to find a bunch of placeholder items and mechanics over and over again..
>>
>>345381223
They just wanted to make a block based farmville cake decorating survival game but everyone wanted/expected Terraria in space, which cucklefuck doesn't have the design sense for.
>>
The real question is, are there finally going to be Hytotl cities?
>>
>terraria is released
>starbound is announced
>terraria gets content updates until it's five times the original game
>dev leaves to continue his projects, leaves terraria to literary whos
>they actually make the next patch and further polish the gem
>guys starbound is done

no

chuklefuck has repeteadly proven he deserves no money
>>
>>345382762
yeah that's confirmed
>>
>>345380142

>They improved the progression so that isn't shit
Does it still rely on missions that are pretty much completely random and unconnected to the other quests?

>added quests
Are they something besides fetch quests?

>improved the combat
This I don't believe. Last I recall (a few months ago) the combat wass till complete garbage. You just swung your sword and abused poor enemy AI.

>they still had to implement the final boss
Oh boy, so they haven't even begun that yet?
>>
>>345382762
They exist in unstable. Underwater and above ground ones too, and samurai-style castle-dungeons can spawn.

But I don't think the Novakid have any representation at all. Literally nothing from my 25 hours in unstable.

Maybe another 3 years will give us Novakid settlements.
>>
>>345382394
It's an alternative to people that had shitty RNG with getting manipulator modules, of which you need 181 to fully upgrade to the 5x5 ulti-range planet collector you probably have.

It's shit, but it's a 'thing' I suppose.

>>345382762

Yes, it's underwater tokyo with fish-yakuza and kimonos
>>
>Starbound is finally coming out on July the 22nd.

No it isn't. Starbound came out December 4, 2013.

A game only gets one shot at a first impression and it only gets one release date. "Early Access" isn't an excuse, the game released almost 3 years ago.
>>
>>345382880
Final boss is already done, it just throws mobs in your face with a giant eyeball you have to smack repeatedly. You do have to drill into the middle of a tentacle 'planet' first though
>>
>>345346156
Go ahead, hype for another meme game, It will be you the one who ends up in dissapointment when you get pure shit anyways hehe xd.
>>
>>345382969
>and samurai-style castle-dungeons can spawn.
Do you have an image of this because I'm assuming it's just the castle with Hy stuff in it
>>
File: starbound original boss.gif (10 KB, 146x110) Image search: [Google]
starbound original boss.gif
10 KB, 146x110
>>345383241

>a giant eyeball you have to smack repeatedly.

BRAVO CHUCKLENUTS!
>>
>>345383592
Less fly around like an asshole, more float in the middle and spawn mobs and shoot giant laser-fields
>>
>>345382504
>>345382651
You're right.

And the posts are all similar in content too.

I haven't seen something this autistic and bizarre in a long time.

It's not even funny to look at, it's just disappointing. Is he genuinely autistic? Is he a shitposter that just had a fucking meltdown? Who knows?
>>
>>345383515
Its like a big Japanese-style mansion/castle with the associated walls/flooring/etc and props. It also has these "youkai ghost" looking enemies that just float at you for contact damage. I'm not sure if there is a different version that is inhabited or not; but the update has added Apex labs that are abandoned and run down similar to how that castle was run down.

Let me see if I had that planet bookmarked, I didn't take any screens when I was there.
>>
I've played though most of the game in unstable, prepping for the final boss now.

The quests, combat, techs, and pixel printer are actually reasonable now, and encourage you to go and do different things (I actually had to build a farm once). It hasn't shat the bed once in terms of design- everything clicks together smoothly- although it's still a little grindy.

Shame the game had such a shit early access launch though. It's probably made some of the worst first impressions.
>>
>>345384658
Try THE worst impression, whenever garbage early access campaigns are brought up Starbound and Chucklefish are at the forefront. They set the standard for why you shouldn't trust early access
>>
I just hope the modding scene gives it a second chance. One good overhaul could make a hell of a difference. As it stands the scene is dead as hell though.
>>
The only change that I saw as a great improvement was that you can just use the scanner on things to add it to the pixel printer, instead of having to manually obtain and process everything to add it to the list.
>>
>>345378745

>>345382880
That one post was the only one not more then a minute after the last response
what a wierdo.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 631x630) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 631x630
>guys starbound is finally here!
>anon has a samefag meltdown I haven't seen since /r9k/ two years ago

I was thinking about pirating it but I guess it's not worth the ride.
>>
>>345381089
Why don't you use an actual content mod the shit prefixes adds gets old pretty fast.
>>
test
>>
>>345387527
more jap castle pics
>>
>>345387952
zzzz
>>
>>345384939
Chucklefish doesn't begin to approach EA's worst. Try DayZ, Stomping Grounds, or anything made by CodeHatch.

Starbound still has two things going for it:
> most of the people who bought early access played it a bit and went "needs more work, I'll check back on release
> the game is probably gong to release perfectly fine

If anything, people should look back upon SB as a live specimen of development hell. It's happened to plenty of respected developers, but here it's occured live for all to see.
>>
>>345385093
the modding scene is the only thing that's saved this game from an early grave so far, hopefully when this game "releases" it'll resurrect the community a bit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.