[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people say that League of Legends is an easy game that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
File: download (4).jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
9 KB, 225x225
Why do people say that League of Legends is an easy game that only kids play?
>>
File: 1468509517961.png (339 KB, 481x546) Image search: [Google]
1468509517961.png
339 KB, 481x546
>>345343854
because it's tru?
>>
Because it's popular
>>
League of Legends is an easy game that only kids play
>>
>>345343854
Because it has a cancerous fanbase with 90% of it being 15 year-old faggs who use their parents credit cards to buy shit skins.
>>
League of Legends requires more skill than Starcraft 2 AND Dota 2 together.
>>
Dunkey put it best. 99% of the players are absolute shit with no skill who spend their time bitching at other shitty people.

Oh, and its easy until you get to Diamond, at which point you have to play constantly and just bait the whole fucking time and hope you get qued with good players.

Also, its easy and only kids play it. Its fucking trash.
>>
File: surprised guy.gif (2 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
surprised guy.gif
2 MB, 230x172
>>345347669
LOL
>>
Game has hidden mmr which gives you worse players the better you play so that idiots that watch anime who want to define themselves in games pick champs who are like them win so that they buy skins for champs, even if it's just 1.5 out of 3 games, which is ~ 50%.
>>
>>345343854
because it is
>>
I have spent $2000 on League of Legends ask me anything
>>
>>345343854
Because it is? Everytime they released or added anything that required any kind of skill people will get so buttmad they were left no choice but to remove it.
>>
>>345343854
it is popular which is alway nice and convenientto hate
and/or they suck at it like in most online games and blame others
>>
>>345348879
How does it feel that you can't quit because of the large amount of money you've sunk into this trash?
>>
it's a cancer game responsible for shit like overwatch and "toxicity"
>>
>>345349170
It's not so bad, I enjoy watching the meta evolve. I dip in and out every month or so - I didn't play much in June and have jumped back in now.

I must have spent close to that amount on PS2 / 360 era games / DLCs / peripherals - everything loses value as soon as you buy it.
>>
File: image.gif (721 KB, 227x165) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
721 KB, 227x165
>>345349405
>League
>evolving meta
>>
>>345343854
because it is.
>>
>>345350018
Well, it moves at least.
>>
>Used to play a ton of league
>Best I ever did was G4
>Game made me rage harder and break more things than any game ever before
>Finally quit
>Couldn't stop thinking about it
>Go back after almost a year
>Play for a few months
>Quit again
>Considering reinstalling it

God damn it, I hate this fucking game but I keep wanting to play. It's like heroin, you're always chasing that first high but can never get it again.
>>
>>345347610
>Because it has a cancerous fanbase with 90% of it being 15 year-old faggs who use their parents credit cards
sounds like 4 chan
>>
>>345350759
Talk about no self control
>>
>>345343854
League of Legends is easy mode Dota. The game literally copied Dota when it was still a mod and dumbed down a bunch of mechanics to appeal to casual players.
>>
>>345350018
i'll fuck you up you lewd anime
>>
>>345350759
Just stop it anon, go back to old games or something, it did me good to stop.
>>
File: image.png (163 KB, 457x510) Image search: [Google]
image.png
163 KB, 457x510
>>345351531
Anon I...
>>
>>345343854
League of Legends = Yugioh
Dota 2 = Magic the Gathering
>>
>>345351428
By this logic a dota 2 team would easily win against a LoL team, but it wasn't the case, they got stomped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACs_1mWHUHY

Both games are different
>>
>>345343854
Out of all the anons that shitposted about LoL on /v/ there's two types
>never even played it cause it's popular
>never ever got past silver / gold and got stuck with the kids because they suck

LoL, as every other popular mp games, becomes challenging once you get to the top 10%. In league it corresponds to plat 3/4.
Anything below that is utter trash. And anything below Master isn't even that good, it's just a normally constructed human being who actually wanted to learn a thing or two about the game.
>>
>>345352346
Of course LoL and Dota 2 have completely different metas. But if you look at each game mechanically, LoL is a puddle while Dota is an ocean.

LoL is balanced around maining a single character while Dota is balanced around having every character being OP has fuck so they hard counter other OP characters.
>>
>>345352135
So Dota is full of even more lifeless nerds?
>>
>>345352789
you literally have no fucking idea what you are talking about, there are a handful of dota heroes that are relevant in each patch, most are never competitive even in the international it's the same picks and bans over and over again
>>
File: image.jpg (375 KB, 2000x1087) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
375 KB, 2000x1087
>tfw the people that play this game are so retarded that they literally buy other people's accounts for hundreds of dollars
>>
>>345353013
Every character in Dota 2 has been picked at least once in the latest international tournament.

In LoL, you're already cucked into one role due to how rune pages work unless you're a poopsocking player or suck Riots dick.
>>
>>345353013
>I only play scrub matches
>>
>>345349170
Not him, but I probably spent that much on it as well, but I did quit. It's money I'm never going to see again. Sucks ass at how stupid I was for playing that garbage for so long.
>>
>>345353252
>Every character in Dota 2 has been picked at least once

whoopty fucking doo, still the same 10-15 heroes and the same bans almost each game unless someone tries something crazy and fails horribly

you can't play each hero in dota 2 either, their mechanics are different and you will never be on top of your game unless you stick to a few heroes

so yeah basically you are full of shit like every dotard out there trying to shit on LoL then proving he is a shitter in his own game even
>>
>>345350759
Go play Dota instead. You'll either enjoy it, or hate it so much you'll hate the entire genre and you'll finally be free
>>
The great thing about Dota is the large amount of active skills items give you which can influence your match.
LoL is so boring with its passive effect items and each champion being locked to only one specific role.
>>
>>345343854
Dotards and Smitedrones.
>>
>>345353812
t. Lolbabby
>>
>>345353583
all I got from your post is that you're a retard who can't learn multiple characters so you main only one character and you're a shitter player to boot too.
>>
>>345353013
>every single one of the last big competitions for dota 2 has had 90%+ (over 95 of the 110 heroes) played
>out of the 10 heroes not played, 3 have 55%+ win rates. Only 2 of them are considered bad (techies and sniper)

>lol only a few are relevant lol
>>
>>345352789
OP is a relative thing
if every character is equally really strong then no one is OP
>>
Why do people even spend money on League of Legends? The skins don't even look good, they look like they were done on an interns lunch break.
>>
>>345354220
Everyone knows that skins make you better at a champ, the more skins the better you are.
>>
>>345353897
You're fooling yourself if you think you can bring the most of a character by constantly playing too much champions. People always had mains in whatever game they're playing, something they're the most comfortable with.
But we all know that Dota's combat is incredibly less dynamic compared to LoL's, so I guess you could rotate on more champs in Dota than in LoL's.
>>
>>345349405
>Tanks are still busted after 4 years
Yeah, no
>>
my only problem with dota 2 is every character has to be played a certain way
in league i can play my full tank annie and my full AD garens and do good
if i try something new in dota 2 there is no way we will win
>>
>>345354217
There are heroes more strong than others but how much stronger depends on team compositions, items, and how much of the map your team controls.

For example, Tinker sounds OP as fuck on paper:
>has two high damage nukes with long range
>giant AoE that can clear any mob of creeps or delay any pushes,
>can teleport anywhere on the map with boots of travel
>can reset the cooldown of his abilities AND items
>high mana gain and scaling due to being an intelligence hero

but in reality anyone can counter him if they play smart by shutting down his farm or defensively setting up traps. if he already gets his farm up and massively outlevels everyone, there are heroes designed to shut him down specifically (spectre, kunkka, spirit breaker, ursa, etc)
>>
>>345355101
if I try something new in LoL, I get reported for intentionally losing the game and then suspended.
If I try something new in Dota, I get laughed at but that's it.
>>
>>345355101
>in league i can play my full tank annie and my full AD garens and do good
Clearly you've never been past gold.
>>
>>345352135
Yugioh = Well adjusted individuals and social butterflies
Magic the Gathering = Middle aged white guys spending hundreds of dollars on cardboard

you sure showed him, anon
>>
>>345355372
Silver / Gold shouldn't post in these kind of threads.
>>
>>345355481
>Yugioh = closet weebs care more about fapping to waifus than playing the game itself
>Magic the Gathering = dorks who care more about the game than fapping to the waifus

ftfy
>>
>>345355372
I never get suspended for trying out something new

>>345355430
I play for fun I don't care about ranked
>>
>>345354738
t. dumbass jit

I bet you aren't even above silver in LoL or 3k MMR in Dota 2
>>
>>345354651
If you're going to pay $30 for a premium skin, may as well pay an artist for a commission or get laid by a cheap hooker.
>>
>>345355857
I'm Plat 2 in LoL and I never got interested in Dota enough to try and get a good MMR. But I do know a lot about it since my best friend plays it and we often talks about Dota / LoL. He's around 4k MMR btw.
Nice shitposting tho. I actually know what I'm talking about while you're just here to shitpost.
>>>/out/
>>
File: 1465937076595.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1465937076595.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>>345355101
>full tank annie
>do good
>>
Somone fucking 1v1 me draven Add me Kasey1
Fucking betas
>>
File: WIP_Howitzer.jpg (579 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WIP_Howitzer.jpg
579 KB, 1920x1080
>>345343854
>Decide to take abreak from other MOBAs and play Paragon since it's free on PSN
>Play as pic related
Funny how Epic Games' Definitely-Not-Rumble is better in being Rumble than Rumble himself
>>
>>345358613
I read his affinity as Furry for a moment and got a chuckle
>>
>>345358613
How is the game compared to LoL, I'm half debating giving it a try.
>>
>>345359505
It's more like Smite than LoL with the third person view and all.
In beginning of the match you choose deck of cards for your hero and you collect "card power" so you can purchase cards and you complete items by buying three cards in them instead of having to deal with multiple different branchings of item building.
Also, in the beginning you only have handful of heroes available but by reaching player level 4-6 you've got all heroes unlocked, no need to buy them so that's a plus.
>>
Mobas in general are bad because they have this retaded ban system and no mirror matchups because they can't into balance for shit.

>autistically main a champion
>instead of getting rewarded like you would in any other genre the enemy can just ban your champ and essentially negate all the hours you put into that

retarded, and you can't defend this.
>>
File: 1347574414080.png (155 KB, 324x383) Image search: [Google]
1347574414080.png
155 KB, 324x383
/v/ basically created a feedback loop of hatred between DotA and LoL.

>LoL becomes extremely popular, especially with gurl gaaaamersz and streamers in general
>/v/ hates LoL and calls it casual because of perceived audience
>DotA is more complicated and seen as less casual so /v/ uses that to insult LoL
>Eventually original reason for hatred isn't as clear and the genre falls under attack
>Smite comes out and /v/ hipsters about it
>This causes DotA to fall under the same umbrella as LoL
>DotA vs LoL threads constantly
>DotA is now hated and seen as casual
>DotA is defended by some, panned by others
>LoL is defended by some, panned by others
>Feedback loop is created in which both must be casual because both are popular
>Feedback loop persists through arguments between both communities

I'm not a fan of LoL but I wouldn't call it casual or even easy. Just popular.
>>
>>345360539
Im pretty indiffrent about league but its incredibly easy to play with chaps like sora.
>>
>>345360989
In fairness I haven't played in years. It's definitely easier than it's company, like DotA, but compared to a lot of other genres it's more complex. There's a lot of things to keep tabs on and what not.
>>
>>345350018
He should have said "cycling meta" because that's how it is. Except for that fucker Zed. He is probably someone's husbando at Riot.
>>
>>345360989
I'm fairly sure that Sona was designed to be so easy to play that anyone could do it.
But in return people then found out that she's "sleeper OP" and started abusing her, causing Riot to slam her face in with nerf hammer, then people got mad because they couldn't masturbate over Sona's tits at the same time while playing and doing great
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.