[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WoW: Why did you stop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 30
File: ss (2016-07-17 at 06.38.17).jpg (822 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-07-17 at 06.38.17).jpg
822 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>345338525
because of stupid shit like in your picture. it's like a walking circus when you go on there thanks to the shitty art direction and everyone having the 'omg most epic' gear, whereas before the gear actually looked like it belonged to the world.

the game is shit now.
>>
>>345338525
Grew up
>>
>>345338525
0 content
>>
Every hardcore raiding guild on our server disbanded, even the one that had been #1 consistently since 2007.

If that doesn't prove the game is dead, then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>345338525
played one month with free cinema code
got to lvl 100
got ilvl to 715
and realized i would be grinding mythics because no one would pick me up for raids unless i was 740.

it was fun but not enough to resub
>>
>>345338525
I started working and going to college full time.
>>
They gutted leveling by making it streamlined and easy while leaving the endgame stale.
>>
I got to level 23 but nobody was around and I got bored
>>
Cata came out
>>
>>345338525
They switched focus completely to endgame, but the endgame got worse. So there was no fucking point to the game.
>>
>>345338525
Because lack of content. People expect mmos to give them unlimited content which is what not to look for.

I resub for the content that looks interesting to me and play until there is no more content. However blizzard fucked up and I never saw any reason to resub since the first month of the expansion. Worst one yet. I only just resubbed because of the WoW movie and prepatch coming this Tuesday. WoD was complete garbage and shit and anything blizzard does to it is a vast improvement.
>>
>>345338525
Heirlooms means new characters and players have to suffer obnoxious cunts more than usual, this discourages them from playing pvp or dungeon grouping. Stops playerbase from growing, it can only shrink.
>>
Any mmo's that are similar to vanilla WoW?
>>
>>345338525
I grinded 100k in april and also got the waterstrider mount and it burned me out.

Waiting for the prepatch, gonna try to make ez gold off it
>>
>>345338525
Kept getting streamlined more and more and more, eradicating player interaction. By Lich King the game didn't even need an open world any more, it might as well have been like Phantasy Star Online or Guild Wars with a multiplayer hub and instanced world areas.

Then when Cata rolled around and a bunch of my guild quit, I realized they were the only reason I had still been playing for 2 expansions and I bolted too. From what I've read the game has only gone farther in the direction I hate, with Garrisons and LFR.

Blizzard made a neat MMO, and then tried to "fix" all instances of difficulty brought on when the multiplayer isn't as massive as normal to make it smoother. Just little convenience enhancements in case you need someone for something (a group, an enchant, just someone else to help kill these elite mobs,) and it resulted in no one needing anyone else to play the game anymore.
>>
>>345339281
Cool that they are fixing your stupid "heirloom pvp" complaints. Like low level bgs wasn't unbalanced merely because of gear. Some classes are just overpowered as fuck regardless of gear at low levels. Looking at hunters and healers.
>>
casuals and dirty foreigners prevented me from progressing so I got bored
>>
>>345339434
>mfw pvping with my lvl 20 full heirloomd huntard

oh man good times
>>
>>345338525
I stopped mainly because I just had enough
for the last 8 years I had been playing almost nothing but WoW
before WoW I used to play so many different games, so many different genres
but WoW took up so much of my time, I lost interest in playing all other games, or any other activity for that matter
I could've just taken a break to take time for other activities, but every time I did that, and I left the door open to return, I would return rather easily and quickly
it's like at the first moment of missing the game I would be back
that's what happens when the game offers a certain kind of familiarity and comfort
even if I didn't play WoW, I played other MMOs
FF14, LOTRO, SWTOR
all of which are basically like WoW
so I guess I didn't just have enough of WoW, I had enough of all MMOs
now I've been not been playing the game since September last year, retail anyway
I played around with Nostalrius a bit, but only brought my druid to 60 and I haven't played since December
I think at this point I just need to stay away from MMOs at all at this point
but aside from that, if I was ever to return to WoW, they would have to get rid of the cashshop and level boosts and paid services and the WoW token
I'm not gonna support that jew shit with a single shekel
>>
I know nobody and I don't want to deal with faggots
>>
>>345339434
>fixing heirloom pvp
They are? Source? I might just re-sub and bring my pre-heirloom twinks back out to wreck house.
>>
>>345339302
Bumping question
>>
>>345338525
I went blindly exploring and saw all the essentially dead areas, dungeons and raids that aren't even looked at any more besides for transmog gear, and saw that they really just removed everything fun until you were level 100.

Man, I bet Ahn'Qiraj was awesome upon release.
>>
>>345339148
Same. Lvl 24 dwarf hunter. Most fun I had was exploring and leveling up with some person but got bored and it took up too much time. Never did any raids or anything.

Was fun while it lasted but I never got into the nitty gritty aspects of it being an MMORPG so I'm better off playing singleplayer RPG's. Or I just play coop dungeon crawlers with friends now.
>>
>>345339732
Your twink will be worthless too. Everyone will scale evenly in bgs.
>>
>>345338525
smelled the bullshit of WoD 2 weeks in. GET THEM APEXIS CRYSTALS YO

Loved 2.4, I endured ICC, skipped half of Cata, tired of MoP and SoO, quit 2 weeks in WoD and never been happier
>>
>>345338971

Why do you spread lies? You can get in heroic with 700 and 715 is just enough to kill Archi
>>
>>345339962
Except scaling fails in low level BG. Those white pieces of gear with no stats on them can't scale except for armor rating which is useless.

The 10-19 bracket has scrubs who didn't even quest enough in the starting area to pick up basic greens. And that's where I'll be. Abusing potions and professions, taking whatever weapon enchantments scaled best afterwards to give me whatever tiny edge over everyone else.
>>
I exclusively play private servers now.
WoW isn't worth spending money on.
>>
I've been stopping and starting since CATA. Blizzards design choices for this game have been bizarre, it's like once in awhile they nail it and other times they completely fuck it up.

Legion should be fun for about a month worse case scenario, maybe now that Titan is no longer an MMO and Overwatch is finished some attention can be given to WoW but I doubt it. Game is 12 years old, not even TF2 can bring back the glory days but it's not dead either.

WoW isn't dead, but there's nothing new or interesting happening with it. Unless Legion does something no other expansion has done before.
>>
File: 1368641717099.jpg (71 KB, 638x960) Image search: [Google]
1368641717099.jpg
71 KB, 638x960
>mfw Ive had more fun playing return of reckoning than I ever have playing other MMO's.
>>
Pandas. I put up with all the changes from vanilla all the way through Cata... but pandas were the last straw.
>>
Action: Streamline the game
Result: Less depth, less longevity. The time between first install of the game and last uninstall inevitably shorterns.

Action: Destroy the community and social aspects tied to the game.
Result: Vast majority of players now play alone or in guilds that are only there because grouping up is required. Loyalty and interested to the game inevitably decreases.

Action: Continue fucking up each and every expansion and introducing idiotic systems like Garrisons.
Result: Increasingly incensed fanbase, who will look to use the company as an outlet for their frustration.

Recipe for long-term failure.
>>
My private server shut down
>>
After literal 3 blunder expansions I think it's finally time to stop hoping for anything good to come.
>>
>>345340395
Really? Fish people were fine. Bear people were fine. Walrus people were fine. Rat people were fine. Pig people were fine. But panda people? That's crossing the line for you?

Get the fuck out of here, faggot.
>>
I started collecting minipets and I am getting butthurt at bullshit timewasting like having to wait winter to catch the snowy owl.
>>
Boring shit
>>
>>345338525
My guild disbanded and doing dungeons and raids by myself wasn't fun
>>
>>345338525
Played up to wotlk on and off, had my fun. Played cataclysm just because I had already bought the expansion and still regret it to this day. Shit started getting beyond retarded then and has only gotten worse ever since

Cut my losses while I could
>>
I was extremely casul. First as a rogue, but then got tired of how grindan involved slowly sneaking up to each target, backstabbing, doing the rotation, and then repeating for every individual target. Was too slow to me, but I may also have been really undergeared. Then I played a warlock, which felt more fun. I quit for some reason, then came back when WotLK was announced because death knights sounded awesome. I then realized quickly why I stopped playing: most of the time I spent looking for a party so I could do dungeons and level up. I never did reach 60.

I do remember stalking the lands and exploring with an apocalyptica playlist in the background. Felt adventurous.
>>
>>345338525
It became a single player game
>>
>>345338525
started with vanilla and it just feels old now even with the expansions. there's also no reason to talk to anyone outside of your guild now.
>>
>>345339434
I don't really care about pvp scene in wow, I was just assuming. I've seen people kicked from dungeons for lack of heirlooms though.
>>
>>345338525
I stopped being 16 and stopped liking repetitive videogame treadmills with no purpose or goal.
>>
>>345338747
Same shit happened to Runescape.
>>
File: average_be_player.png (216 KB, 338x420) Image search: [Google]
average_be_player.png
216 KB, 338x420
>>345338525
So many reasons.

>no content
>expected to grind through 4 tiers of the same raid
>retarded "chosen one" story
>number inflation
>garrison garbage
>characters are stuck on dead realms and i'd have to pay blizz's jew tax to be able to play them in reasonable environment
>butchered leveling
>fucked pvp

There is just no reason at all to play WoW.
>>
because it's the classic year-long gap between expansions even though they always say they want to get expansions out faster

also WoD is a hot mess and world pvp is essentially dead unless you walk directly into an enemy city

i'm getting sick of their lies but will probably be back in legion
>>
>>345340561
Kung fu pandas were crossing the line, yes.

Blizzard relying on an April fools joke to carry an entire expansion was crossing the line, yes.
>>
>16yo
>6 friends join during vanilla wow
>I join too
>fucking fun, good memories
>friends leave after BC
>i leave too

thats all. I miss those times more than the game itself.
>>
When blizzard announces Vanilla servers at blizzcon 2016 will you play?
>>
>>345341024
/thread
>>
>>345338747
I agree. I remember back in the day when you walked around town and saw Might or Wrath Warriors they stood out like legendary heroes compared to the rest. Today everyone looks like a fucking avatar of the christmas tree god. Glowing eyes, firelit sword, glowing shield, chimney shoulderpads, wings, crazy mount that could be the last boss of any vanilla raid. Things are just out of control design wise.
>>
>>345341139
Yes.
>>
>>345340204
Have fun getting XP for kills and wins and leveling up out from your twink range.

Or you can turn off XP gain from BG's but then you'll me matched up woth people who done the same. so you'll face other twinks.

Not worth it mate
>>
File: ARR_FFXIV_Logo.png (372 KB, 740x490) Image search: [Google]
ARR_FFXIV_Logo.png
372 KB, 740x490
>>345338525
because there's something much better out there
>>
>>345341139
You think you do, but you don't.
>>
Forced by my parents.

I'd been playing for 4 years, non stop for 2. This was back in 2009, when I was 16. I got 4 hours of sleep at night, skipped school for weeks, and completely disregarded the world around me.

Had to cold turkey for 4 months with zero computer. That worked, though, and I never got back into it again despite trying it a bit here and there. It just wasn't the same.

Wouldn't do it again.
>>
>>345341432
Pic unrelated
>>
>>345338525
Because they started a slingshot to end game. I am the guy that loved doing every quest in an area, reading the flavor text, experiencing the story, and in the end being just high enough a level to move on.

I know that makes me the minority but there you go, when the game became not for me I stopped playing.
>>
>>345338525
Class homogenization
Ability purge
Cross realm play
Lfg finder
Lfr finder
Poor PvP balance since cata
Dead community
Turned into single player mmo
Content difficulty reduced to be extremely brain-dead outside heroic raids
>>
>>345341432

nice meme
>>
File: 1464913694753.jpg (11 KB, 114x172) Image search: [Google]
1464913694753.jpg
11 KB, 114x172
>>345338525
because i realized i only played 8 days out of the month i payed for
>>
>>345338525

I burned out during WotLK when I had to run heroic and non-heroic versions of every raid each week to gear up replacements for the people in my guild that kept quitting. I never killed Lich King in 25m

Went back for the beginning of Cataclysm but that only lasted 1 month for me.

I may go back not just because Legion looks neat but because it's still the best mmo out there and I'm at a point in my life where I can't raid anymore. It's the perfect casual game.
>>
>>345338525
game killed itself after wotlk. anyone that played during this era won't argue it either.
>>
>>345341783
Cata started strong.
Blizzard stood by having dungeons resemble vanilla levels of difficulty only to bend over after they lost a considerable amount of subs.
>>
>>345338525
>takes two weeks to get to max level
>kek
>takes another two weeks to get best armor set for pvp and pve
>double kek
>sit alone in garrison alt-tabbed
>epics are basically common at this point, theres greens/blues that are rarer
>legendaries are actually rare
>blizzard knows they can make more money off of shitty in-store pets/mounts/othercosmeticgarbage so they spit out those instead of actual content
>left cata after a year cause they clearly ruined the game at that point
>came back for a couple months in mop, ruined the game a little more
>went in with positive thoughts for draenor, was disappointed af but not surprised that they're still not trying
the only thing keeping WoW somewhat alive is the nostalgia train and they're brand name "WoW", same as halo and cod
not falling for it this time
>>
>>345338525

Leveling was so jacked up that I couldn't even run dungeons for fun because I'd outlevel them before I had the items I wanted. Couldn't enjoy questing because, again, I'd outlevel all the content in a zone before I'd finished anything.

Then I got to the endgame and it was all boring shit that I had no interest in.

Played the pet battles and that was pretty fun -until I collected all the shit and beat the tournaments, and then there was nothing else to do.

So I quit.
>>
>>345341480
Jesus christ I hope you never try alcohol or drugs, sounds like you have no self control at all
>>
Was going into college and summer was about to end. All my buddies quit. Plus the expansion was coming and I wasn't forking out more money for it.

I may have missed out on BC and WOTLK, but whatever. I have no regrets. Ended up having a social life and experiencing a lot of great things instead of being locked in my room all day.
>>
Never did. I've played off and on since vanilla. Early expansion 5-mans, challenge modes, and raiding with my guild are still as fun as ever.
>>
>new expansion is 40 euro
>gametime is minimum like 13 euro because fuck you i dont have that kind of gold
>will last all of a fucking week before it gets boring
>>
>>345338525
They ruined there own game, everything that made it popular is no longer in game.
>>
>>345342056
Man, I miss old Heroic Stonecore.
>>
>>345342096
Incidents like that is what gives you self control.

I'm putting myself through university right now working part time and paying my own bills. The military straightened me out discipline-wise. But I enjoy alcohol and weed on a regular basis still.
>>
>>345338525
WoD wasn't nearly as engaging as I was hoping for. Played for so long that I got everything I wanted doing and then some done in MOP.
>>
File: 1459308901932.jpg (111 KB, 761x773) Image search: [Google]
1459308901932.jpg
111 KB, 761x773
>>345338747
>it's like a walking circus when you go on there thanks to the shitty art direction and everyone having the 'omg most epic' gear, whereas before the gear actually looked like it belonged to the world.
>>
File: 1468698852252.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1468698852252.gif
3 MB, 500x281
Because Blizzard stopped giving a shit about the leveling experience and made it for endgame or bust

>LFG system negated ANY needed to communicate with other people
>LFG system made open world pvp virtually nonexistant because everyone was just queing in town and waiting
>LFG rewards completely buttfucked any counterpart equipment found in any dungeon.

>BoA equipment being the go-to twink/leveling equipment for the game and made open world a match between the BoA wearer's and their laughably incomparable enemies

>PvP dumbed down to ARENA ONLY.
>In a game themed around WAR, Blizzard gave higher priority to skirmish battles between 4-10 people instead of the 40v40 fights on AV that last hours.

And the current fanbase laughs in your face if you mention leveling being a fun part of WoW.

Yeah cause leveling with your friends, meeting new people, rolling for drops that actually matter, pvp ganking and building a memorable community is worthless. Fuck me, right?
>>
>>345343069

You are a massive faggot. That is handpicked gear to look as ridiculous as possible. Not only that, but as soon as people leveled to max level, dungeons sets normalized appearance.

Retard.
>>
>>345341139
100% Yes
>>
File: mhf_20160717_020413_914.jpg (819 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
mhf_20160717_020413_914.jpg
819 KB, 1152x648
>>345338525
The game ended up having LESS content over time. Dont know how they made that happen

Everyone who likes the old WoW should try out Monster Hunter Frontier

Its only 8 dollars a month and there is a nice English Guild
>>
>>345338525
Because I got tired of running old instances for mounts and toys
>>
File: 700px-Old-new_t2.jpg (80 KB, 700x243) Image search: [Google]
700px-Old-new_t2.jpg
80 KB, 700x243
>>345343407
Yeah cool, now I can look like a clown with a set.
>>
>>345338525

Lack of content and updates.
>>
>>345343823

>hating on tier 2

what a complete pleb
>>
>>345343407
You are so full of shit.
WoW armor always looked goofy and impractical as fuck.
>>
>>345338938

This. The raiding scene is completely dead with WoD. A shame, raiding was the only thing that got more complex and improved with time. I wish they would show sub numbers for legions launch, I want to see the huge drop off (in the millions) 2 months after launch.
>>
>>345343074
>waaah why aren't they spending more resources on something people only have to experience once per character???
is this what it's like to be braindead?
>>
>>345344073
>Realistic practical armor before
>Garbage over-designed tripe after
Thanks Blizz.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_071616_133414.jpg (361 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_071616_133414.jpg
361 KB, 1366x768
I went through the dark portal for the first time yesterday.
>>
>>345344260

what private server?
>>
I got burnt out on raiding after heroic Deathwing. Well, really during our heroic DS progression in general, but I stuck it out. So I decided I didn't want to raid anymore, at least nothing more than raid finder. After that, everything else felt kinda meaningless. Tried picking it back up during MoP, and while I enjoyed leveling, the entire time I had a nagging "you could be doing literally anything else" feeling in the back of my head. Got to 90? Whatever the cap was, did a couple days worth of dailies and then stopped and haven't played since.
>>
>>345344465
warmane lordaeron
>>
>>345344260
How was it?
>>
This entire thread should be sent to Blizzard. For real
>>
File: HV-endpic.jpg (116 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
HV-endpic.jpg
116 KB, 1152x864
Tighter restrictions on talent builds in Cataclysm already rubbed me the wrong way, but luckily I got out before that current abomination of a system hit live.

Every expansion since TBC I hoped they would remodel the mage talents to a playstyle rather than a role, but instead we got shoved into Frost for PvP, with Fire and Arcane for PvE. In Vanilla, both Fire and Frost were viable for both PvP and PvE. Even a combination was possible, with 00/24/27 being an amazing PvP build.

Hell, Fire wasn't even that bad in TBC PvP, and could even be on par with Frost at times. Relatively higher health bars and resilience punished Fire more than it did Frost, but it was the Water Elemental that completely shoved the odds in Frost's favour. That thing was absolutely ridiculous. The extra ranged freeze was just too much.

All I really want is PvP as a fire or elemental (frost/fire) mage. I played up to and including Cataclysm and from what I've seen, only Vanilla was able to offer that option. Blizzard's neutering of the talent trees was supposedly done because players tend to go for cookie cutter builds anyway, and they didn't want to leave out the one idiot that made terrible talent choices. They created this problem themselves though, by continuously tightening restrictions and pushing for builds until the element of choice became redundant. They fucked up their talent system by making it redundant, recognising it's redundant and deciding that's why it has to go.
>>
File: 1468739105965.png (22 KB, 100x106) Image search: [Google]
1468739105965.png
22 KB, 100x106
>>345338525

they asked me to pay a monthly fee after the trial
>>
File: shitposting.gif (597 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
shitposting.gif
597 KB, 500x280
>>345346927
>Tighter restrictions on talent builds in Cataclysm
stopped reading right there

a memer who thinks the new talents offer less choice than the one-or-two-per-spec cookie cutter builds of +1% betterness talents has zero opinions worth reading
>>
>>345338525

I am a Star Wars fan and SwTOR was released. 3 years later I got bored of it (lack of High End pve content) so I tried FFXIV ARR and I'm still playing it.

When you taste a 5 stars meal you can't go back to McDonald's burgers.
>>
>>345340162
>You can get in heroic with 700

I'm 718 and can barely get invites for heroic HFC or even mythic dungeons

everybody just wants a speedrun carry group these days and it's impossible to catch up
>>
I think my biggest gripe with WoW is that it very quickly turned into who could min/max the hardest. A game like WoW ought to be played blind and with a sense of exploration and adventure- as soon as everyone started focusing more on numbers and how to make them optimal, I think the game lost it's magic for me. I know that people wanna win, which is fine- but nowadays it seems like if you have the "wrong" talent tree setup or something like that, people won't invite you to groups.
>>
>>345346927
Have I been doing it wrong all this time?
I thought ice shield + blizzard killing entire mobs was for pve.
>>
>>345339848
FFXIV
>>
File: unsubbed.png (581 KB, 1296x796) Image search: [Google]
unsubbed.png
581 KB, 1296x796
>>345338525
I just found myself getting constantly bored.

pandaria felt like nonstop dailies and grinds once you hit 90, and an endless final raid tier didn't help matters. I finally unsubbed for good at the end of 2014 and don't intend to resub unless blizz releases legacy servers.
>>
>>345341139
I legitimately would.
>>
>>345341139
yup
100%.

though I'd prefer BC/WoTLK
>>
File: 1464655120700.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464655120700.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
>>345339434
>druids completely unkillable thanks to travel form and rejuvenation
>priest shields that you basically needed a shaman to purge or else it wasn't coming off ever
>>
>>345338525

I got bored of the current content.
>>
File: WoW patches.png (25 KB, 946x587) Image search: [Google]
WoW patches.png
25 KB, 946x587
>>345338525

Blizzard stop caring about this game.
>>
>>345347608
>even mythic dungeons

Nigga I can understand HFC, but I got into mythic dungeons at 670 and easily got to 710 gear within 2 days and I just resubbed.
>>
>>345348840
that lich king one is a bit inaccurate since they at least tried to introduce an interim raid with ruby sanctum.
>>
>>345348840
Should have the total length for the long patches on the bar because it's pretty imprecise.
>>
File: playing any MMO.webm (515 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
playing any MMO.webm
515 KB, 320x240
>>345338525
>>
>>345338747
the game stopped being an rpg and became some kind of awful action-mmo, although even the mmo is extremely limited due to all of the phasing garbage

i think it's ironic that the game now emulates diablo 3, which is almost a parody of WoW
>>
>>345348840
wotlk had 3.4 which was the ruby dragonflight area
>>
>>345347608

It sounds like you're a FOTM class.
I'm going to guess Mage.

Every group seems to already have a Mage.
>>
>>345343471

The heads in this game look really weird.
They seem cartoonishly large, but the rest of the people are normal.
Ends up just looking bizarre and off putting.
>>
>>345349438
>stopped being an rpg
What the fuck does this even mean?
It seems like a meme blanket criticism with no real meaning that gets leveled at every game that has RPG stats but non-shit or turn based combat.
>>
Trial of Crusader
>>
>>345338525
Blizzard killed class diversity, social interactions and generally the need of relying on anyone else or even just your own skill to do stuff.

They also made extremely bad mechanic, world and difficulty changes on top of going full retard with the lore.
>>
Crown of the hungry Jew
>>
File: vanillawow screen.png (3 MB, 1919x1018) Image search: [Google]
vanillawow screen.png
3 MB, 1919x1018
>vanilla WoW
>greatest MMO ever made still has thousands playing
>he's not playing vanilla WoW in 2016 the year of our lord

ISHIGGY DIGGY
>>
>>345350909
They shut down the only decent server

>inb4 kronos
>>
>>345341139
Only of there's no cash shop and they are actual vanilla servers.
>>
>>345343074
¿?

If anything, leveling is the only thing that gets better expansion after expansion.
>>
Stopped after Cata because Blizzard ripped me off with the WoW annual pass + Diablo 3.

Stopped at MoP because dead server/empty capital city + 10:1 faction imbalance + 25 dollar character transfer.
>>
>>345339393
>Eradicating player interaction

Fucking this, it was the beginning of the end. Goofing around in Orgrimmar and getting a group together for UBRS could take time, and so did it traveling there, but it was fun

Just queuing for whatever, going in, do the dungeon without anyone saying a word just killed it for me
>>
>>345351290
>leveling is the only thing that gets better expansion after expansion.
wrong
all leveling is at this point is following a quest marker like a retard
>>
>>345351415
Are you implying that AtlasQuest was never a thing?
>>
>>345350404
Not him, but considering that a lot of WoW is about trying to get the best in slot item, using the best talents and specs and trying to get as much as the cookie cutter template as possible nowadays, I can see the point. The removal of some stats tertiary functions too harms it
>>
>>345351415

Which is better than vanilla where you often had to look up where to go.
This complaint works for Morrowind where you're explicitly given directions on where to go, but WoW quests often failed to give nearly enough information to get the quest done.
>>
>>345351568
I'm implying that you are a faggot
using atlasquest wasn't mandatory, and if you used it, you are a faggot
it's like playing a game with a walkthrough
but nowadays the game is designed with quest markers in mind
you can't get away from it

>>345351789
>Which is better than vanilla where you often had to look up
stop you right there
if you wanna say that it's better to make it easier than to make it hard, if you are saying that it was too hard for you so they needed to make it piss easy, then fuck off and die, kill yourself
>>
>>345351789
Yet, most of us got shit done regardless of how vague the information was. This is why General chat was active, people asking each other for information. But now, with built-in GO HERE, DO THIS quest markers that even a roadkilled skunk could follow, it's not the same.
>>
>>345351789
>but WoW quests often failed to give nearly enough information to get the quest done.
false
wow quests always had the information where to go in the quest text
not the game's fault you can't read
>>
>>345352006
>Calling people faggots for wanting to level faster
I'm sorry, I just wanted to have fun raiding and get questing over with.
And shit man it was worth it, raiding was great and leveling sure was faster since I knew where to go immediately.
Quit being an edgy faggot insulting anyone because they don't conform to your pleb tastes.
>>
>>345352210
>Calling people faggots for wanting to level faster
I don't see anything wrong with this
if you want to level faster you are to blame for the mess that is now the game
>>
Played from Beta until BC. I thought BC sucked and just dropped it. Many of my friends and guildies did too. It's odd seeing it always get infinite praise here. At the time a ton of people, at least in my circle, felt it was beginning of the end.
>>
>>345352320
How so?
>>
>>345352115
>>345352137

I don't think you guys even played vanilla at this point.
90% of the quests tell you to kill some NPC. The quest text is just the NPC telling you how bad that NPC is and how important it is to kill them.
Most quests required you to look it up or have previously stumbled upon that NPC pack and remember where they were.

There is a reason AtlusQuest was the biggest addon for every expansion that didn't have built in quest tracking.

Besides that, there was also the fact that most zones lacked any ongoing story. Since Cata the new zones have a story with a beginning, middle, and climax which makes it far more appealing than a series of unrelated quests.
>>
>>345352320
>Because you wanted to level faster you are to blame
Laughing very hard right now. If you think that the reason WoW is shit right now is primarily to do with how long it takes to level, you're a huge fucking idiot.
>>
>>345352210
>calling people faggots for complaining
>>
>>345352006
>you can't get away from it
Except you can, shitposter-kun. You can literally disable every help the game gives you, and you can hide the minimap with the arrows pointing towards the quest markers.

Stop posting anytime.
>>
>>345340162
>700ilv for heroics

You sure it's not you that spread lies?

700 will get you into normals HFC, don't even dare to whisper for invite without being 720 for heroic
>>
>>345352590
>I don't think you guys even played vanilla at this point.
I did
so you've lost already
>The quest text is just the NPC telling you how bad that NPC is and how important it is to kill them.
wrong
this is how I know you haven't played in Vanilla
you can look it up even know
the quest text still exists onlline
it describes where to find your targets
you are pathetic even trying to argue the quest text doesn't give directions
you are everything that is wrong with WoW
>>
>>345352590
they're the same people who cry about "class diversity" even though only a handful of specs were viable in raids in vanilla
>>
>>345352920

If you're with your guild you can get in at 700 for heroic easily. 700 is more than enough.
The only time you'd need more (most ask for 710 not 720) is when you take into account the "PUG tax"
>>
>>345352590
>I am illiterate. Somebody should hold my hand.
>>
>>345340561
pandas are the only ones on that list that have male and female models, so yeah.

there's a difference between beastmen and furshit.
>>
>>345352867
no moron, because if you disable the quest markers you will have no look randomly all over the map to find where to go because the new quest texts don't have directions anymore

get it?

old quests = no quest markers, directions in quest text
new quests = quest markers, no directions in quest text
this has been the case ever since Cataclysm
this is why questing now feel like it's on rails
it's for braindead people
it's for you
>>
>>345338525
I really want to like WoW but blizz butchered it too hard, after many years of playing on privates servers I've tried on retail, it was amazing and whole new experience, too bad I joined on what I like to call the WoW great downfall expansion which shoulda been the savior of WoW it's like blizz doesn't give a shit on mmo that should been best online game
>>
>>345339148
>>345339907
How to fix leveling: removing it.
>>
>>345353364
>you will have no look
*to
>>
because BC made it boring
>>
>>345347167
Eat shit and die nigger, New talents was and is The cancer of ages, jsut like Catacancer
>>
>>345344529
>warmeme
>>
>muh questing

Git gud, fgts.
>>
>>345353191
Yeah thank god I found guild which helped me to gear up all the way to 740, but whenever I wanted to play with alt on opposite faction noone would invite to LFR without 720 if not even more
>>
WoW genwunners are the fucking worst.
>>
File: 1467844622220.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
1467844622220.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM_RlI5qVXI
>>
Questing for the first time in TBC made me quit. God, I hated every single area in TBC. I managed to get to level 73, but I just couldn't do it anymore.
>hurr dungeons
I didn't like them and it takes a while to find a group.
>>
Because I saw what they did to Naxxramas.

later heard I should've stayed for Ulduar, but fuck that, I got off that train.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-05-26 17.36.16.png (1 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-05-26 17.36.16.png
1 MB, 1360x768
>>345339281
>>345339434
It's irrelevant because the 20-29 bracket where F2P is somehow is completely empty.
>>
>>345353610

Were you Tanking?
Tanks tend to have higher gear requirements since they are so important to the well being of the raid.

DPS generally are fine at 710. Many groups go even lower if they are having trouble filling.
>>
I quit because it started feeling like my characters didn't have an identity anymore, all of them were just "my rogue" or "my priest". "I'll come with my warrior". Long gone are the times of bonding with your character, the struggle and journey of Mcmuffin was long and hard but he grew into a fierce mage. You didn't just casually have all of the classes on max level
>>
>>345353729
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRkZ5L3PrSE

Not staying back to defend the flag
>>
File: 1468087444607.jpg (436 KB, 2498x1417) Image search: [Google]
1468087444607.jpg
436 KB, 2498x1417
>>345338525
I fulfilled my goal and then got bored.
>>
They started introducing cash shop pets you could sell on the AH, basically legitimizing real money trading. Fuck off with having to buy the game, pay a subscription and still having to tolerate microtransactions. Blizzards are such a bunch of greedy cunts
>>
>>345353771
What ui is this? I love it.
>>
>>345353823
Lowest DPS always gets kicked in pugs after wipes, that's how it is pal, the guy is right, I myself am constantly making HFC HC pugs and if we wipe I kick lowest dpsers 20k on boss is embarassing
>>
File: i_mad.gif (3 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
i_mad.gif
3 MB, 350x263
>>345353729
>you will never again get that feeling when stepping out of Northshire for the first time into a big new world
>>
>>345354479

At 700 you can do better than 20k easily.
>>
Can we all agree Cataclysm was the worst expansion ever?
>fucks the classic world up permanently
>flying in the classic world
>instead of a big "expansion island", every area is extremely separated from each other
>LFR
With phasing there is no reason for not keeping an option to visit the old classic world.
>>
I couldn't be in a hardcore raiding guild, and casual guilds became too casual for me. I even remember my last words to the guild: "the game has stopped being fun for me".
>>
Cataclysm.
Don't remember why. Friends were still playing it. Can't point to anything that changed with Cataclysm or with me that made me stop.
I would totally play official legacy servers though. So I hope they don't do that.
>>
>>345338525
>daily actiblizz shill thread
I've stopped after one month so you can say I've never really started.

Since then never really gave two shits about Warcraft anymore. Sure, if WC4 would be announced I'd be happy. But WoW? It was shit to begin with.
>>
>>345354575
I've had several times to kick 720ilvl's that made less than 700ilv hunters, wow is inbalanced bro
>>
>>345354962

I won't argue that it's balanced, but all DPS classes are capable of doing decent DPS at the gear floor.
Every class can do at least 20k at 700ilevel, which is generally considered the minimum.

If they are lower it's because they are playing incorrectly.
>>
File: 1 (2).jpg (29 KB, 499x500) Image search: [Google]
1 (2).jpg
29 KB, 499x500
I downed Nef before any expansions came out
Thus...i beat the game
>>
>>345354483
>first time creating a character
>well, horde is ugly
>gonna go for human
>I am gonna be a mage
>I am gonna be gandalf
>gandalf is taken
>write a random name
>off I go to my adventure

>2004 was 12 years ago
>>
File: Wow-64 2016-07-12 23-40-05.jpg (575 KB, 2560x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wow-64 2016-07-12 23-40-05.jpg
575 KB, 2560x1080
I'm playing right now
>>
>>345353729
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UaIn5H5vus
step up
>>
>>345355265
>beat a raid boss before blizzard learned how to make decent raid mechanics
>also when most DPS classes had 1 - 2 button rotations

not impressed
>>
>>345338525
Too much time required
weekly investment is equivalent to a part-time job with no returns
game is repetitive, not fun
can't be creative, all specs have a set optimal rotation
my class was perceived to be underpowered in pvp, leading groups to refuse to take me and impossible to get pvp gear without double the time investment of someone unskilled but in a desired spec
my guild was shit and couldn't clear content. The content was personally too easy for me.
bots have ruined the economy
>>
File: metamorphosis.jpg (39 KB, 220x308) Image search: [Google]
metamorphosis.jpg
39 KB, 220x308
>>345338525
>Getting rid of warlock metamorphosis completely after justifying it in the green fire quest chain

The devs are inconsistent assholes. Sure, demonology might be going the way it should have been from the beginning, but the damage is done. Removing what a spec was known for ,for about a decade now is entirely is fucking sloppy. Not my fault they couldn't balance a demonology playstyle outside Meta.

Rip caster tank
>>
>>345355927

Warlocks in legion are far tankier than they were in WOTLK and beyond.
Fucking Demonology if they use Empower Demon and dark pact get a 1.5mil damage absorb shield.
>>
Played game since one month after vanilla first launched. I played in the top Horde raiding guild all throughout vanilla until aq40 when the guild split. Tried making my own guild with my friends that did ok until some stupidity happened and the guild leader made some bad moves. Played hardcore again in BC as the guild leader of what became the 2nd best horde guild on the server. Got all the way up to Kil'jaeden in sunwell before the nerfs. Best times in the game of my life.

WotLK drops and I slowly notice all my old friends are gone; literally just me and one other left, leading this guild that became the best Horde guild on the server. I had made new friends but it wasn't like the ones I had in vanilla, something was missing. Eventually my last original friend stops playing so I was left alone leading this guild of strangers. Still doing server firsts at this point but it felt hollow because all my old school friends were gone. Eventually I just gave up guild leader to my top officer and slowly just stopped logging on; showing up late to raids so I wouldn't have to do them. Eventually quit after my guild had downed normal anubarak in ToC. The game just felt hollow at this point.

Came back in Cata when a bunch of my vanilla friends were resubbing. It was shit but my friends were back so it made it somewhat decent. That lasted a month. Now every time they say they're coming to play the new expac I just ignore it, the game is so alien to me at this point I just feel awkward thinking of playing it. I prefer to think back tot he good times, when I had my 10man wsg team that never lost full of my friends. Or downing bosses in BWL as horde firsts with a bunch of people I enjoyed being around.

TL;DR Friends quit and it got boring.
>>
>>345352715
If you think that's why I'm calling people faggots, you are also in that idiotic percent of people I was talking about.
>>
>>345338525
FFXIV gives me Vanilla/TBC WoW feels. Crafting is actually has a purpose outside of making money, people are outside doing stuff in the world like fates, hunts, or sightseeing logs, and the game just feels a lot more alive than current WoW.
>>
Whats a good private server to play on? I really enjoy nos
>>
>>345343407
>That is handpicked gear
yes, handpicked gear that was Warrior tank Pre Raid BiS during early BC

meaning every tank that wanted to get raiding had to look like that, or at least have most of that gear
>>
>>345357587
There isn't. When after blizzcon 2016 you won't need one.
>>
>>345351704
All RPG's are doing that though. So it's more RPG now in comparison to the standards RPG's have today.
>>
Everyone I played with disappeared.
>>
cataclysm
>>
>>345357758
>Of course I was a paladin who had no idea how to play his class
Back in vanilla (I started playing on release) I got from level 1 to level 30 on my paladin main by spamming my attack button.

If you remember back then, the attack button was an 'autoattack button' that switched on and off your autoattack. So basically I was turning on and off my autoattack every half second, resulting in 1 actual damaging attack every 5 seconds or so. I was wondering why I was doing so little damage and kept dying like a bitch.

I made it to STV like this until I finally figured it out.

>and thought I could somehow do more damage with it's proc along with being able to have more survivability
Ironfoe was a good weapon for paladin in certain circumstances, but I don't remember the details.

I think I remember swords/axes/maces having different specialities, swords swung faster but hit less, axes hit more but slower, and maces did something else.

I remember there was a blue sword quest reward from Desolace that did essentially the same chance to swing twice attack as Ironfoe.

Remember reckoning?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xhgvouRprw
>>
>>345341126
Idiots like this not realizing pandas are all over the original Warcraft games. Children, all of you
>>
>>345360553
>I remember there was a blue sword quest reward from Desolace that did essentially the same chance to swing twice attack as Ironfoe.
That's Thrash Blade from Mara
>>
>>345361391
I bet Blizzard thought the same, that's why they only needed 73 expansions before putting them in the game.
>>
>>345338525
I stopped because they shit on my professions, I work my fucking NUTS off to make sure i have every profession maxed, and these niggers turn around with that GOD DAMN FUCKING garrison fucking BULLSHIT
>>
>>345361391
>retard that doesn't know the wc3 panda was a joke
>>
I don't like changes made to the game since late wotlk/cata and ongoing simplification. spell purging, lfg/lfr teleporting you to instances and garnisons emptying the word, transmog, bad plot esp during mop and wod and much more.. im not a die hard fan of vanilla tho which feels pretty slow and has poor gameplay and awful class balance...
>>
File: 1464015167121.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1464015167121.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
Does anyone else get the feeling that we'll never get another good MMO again?

Every new MMO just copy pastes all the casual-friendly features that modern WoW popularized.

Like there isn't enough of an audience left for any real MMO to be successful without dungeon-finders/cross-realm/ez mode leveling and dungeons.
>>
>>345353729
>Go there in the game
>Can't hear the music over the roar of motorbikes and dragon screeches.
>>
>>345362610
>Does anyone else get the feeling that we'll never get another good MMO again?
If you think about it, humanity isn't going extinct any time soon and none of us will live to even see the year 2100.

So it's safe to say there are billions of futuristic vidya in the future, some maybe 10 times the hit WoW was, that we will never see let alone play.

SINGULARITY WHEN.
>>
>>345362953
>implying we aren't going to blow ourselves up in within the next 90 or so years
>>
>>345353530
Everything is a meme
>>
File: 1468349915856.gif (2 MB, 696x478) Image search: [Google]
1468349915856.gif
2 MB, 696x478
>start playing Nostalrius after not playing for years
>starts slow but once I reach about lvl 15 I'm starting to feel the old WoW charm again
>actually start enjoying vanilla once again
>play to level 21, meeting random people and doing chainquests, talking in the chat, game is hard and dying while questing is not all that rare, appreciate the people that can help you around you and the old community feel of having to put together groups for instances
>Nostalrius shuts down
>well this was expected
>don't think about it too much
>a few months later here we are and I'm sitting and listening to old episodes of WorldofWarcast episodes from 2008, listening to their first reactions to playing Wotlk just to relive a glimpse of how it was like, if only through someone else telling of their experience
I want to go back.
>>
>private servers don't cut it
>every version feels like ass
>return with legion would require 60 fucking bucks
>I would quit after 2 days anyway
I want to play an MMO but I hate MMOs, send help
>>
>>345339147
Leveling isn't interesting after 45 characters.
>>
>>345364960
You shouldn't need more than 1 character.
>>
>>345364809
I feel you friend. I think the problem is that the genre has completely stagnated.

https://youtu.be/nvK8fua6O64

This video sums up my feelings well. As he says, we should have more options by now, we shouldn't have to choose just between EVE online to have some more emergent experience, or play strict rollercoaster WoW clones. We should have more games that achieve something in between, but the genre is so damn stagnant.
>>
>>345365449
There's smaller MMOs in the works that are more varied
>>
>>345338525
Before wod, I had engaging, thoughtful gameplay. I had to manage multiple facets of my character during every raid boss, and this required quite alot of skill and experience. I could work toward mastering my character, and as my level of skill increased, so did my performance. It was a joy to advance my skill to the point that I was good enough to take down those heroic raid bosses with my guild.

Now I push buttons when they come off CD. There is nothing to think about or manage, and no skill involved in my performanceml. I am playing whack-a-mole, and it's only getting worse in legion.

This is by design. And that is why wow failed.
>>
>>345338525
I remember shortly after LFD came out, I went with a group and no one was talking to each other at all.
It wasn't hard to get to a dungeon anymore, no one has to leave the cities anymore.

In Cata I played with friends until they nerfed everything into the ground and it was ridiculously easy again.
>>
>>345343074
>
And the current fanbase laughs in your face if you mention leveling being a fun part of WoW.

Yeah cause leveling with your friends, meeting new people, rolling for drops that actually matter, pvp ganking and building a memorable community is worthless. Fuck me, right?
This is the most tragic part
>>
>>345344206
>realistic
No, tier 2 is not over designed. Look to Wrath for that
>>
File: GuidedBotMatches.jpg (712 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GuidedBotMatches.jpg
712 KB, 1920x1080
Because of pic related.
>>
>>345365760
Will any of them come out anytime soon or will it be some archeage shit where they have a good idea but fuck everything up immediately
>>
>>345348840
>we gotta give it our best shot and hope it stays afloat guys
>wow it's doing good let's keep it up, more raids!
>lol it's basically printing money. Let's try and see how long we can get these nerds to stay until next expansion. Oh , quick!
>we need to keep people interested so here we go ****ALL NEW WOW****. Try to pander to the old core. Wait the numbers are still dropping??? Oh right that's because we shat on them for the past expansion. lol who cares nerf everything and everybody. Make them get everything they want but start nerfing everything people complain about, other people included. Can't go wrong.
>yeah slow down let's try to make our new audience AND the nerds happy. Give them lots of redundant shit to do and all kinds of raid difficulties. Always stay in the middle so nobody can get mad and if they get mad we paid people to call them elitists. Come on, we're still dropping!
>shit, Kotick called and said this is now a social experiment. We see how desperate and sad some people really are by just leaving the game as is for as long as we can. It's not like we have more money left for it now anyway rofl. Also when we're down to less than a million close down everything as it's not profitable. Remember, no new content or we're in red. In the end we'll just sell the data collected to some company and make up for the loss. L8RSK8R
>>
>>345338525
I wanted to have fun playing a video game
>>
>>345338525
didn't have a good enough computer and couldn't afford it

last i played was mid WotLK, made a free account level 20 pvp character in Cata and earned some heirloom shit then didn't feel like playing anymore
>>
>>345367508
The one I'm most interested in Pantheon is still in early alpha, but gameplay videos seem promising
>>
>>345347167
Having that +1 bettergoodness each level made me feel good.
>>
Became more like a job than a game
Took 5 years of nonstop raiding for me to realize this so joke's on me I guess
>>
>>345367508
>archeage

Man that was such a fucking letdown, I just wanted to become pirates with my friends and rule the seas but instead we get some garbage where you have to pay out the ass to be relevant in any way.
>>
File: Ikuwarrior.png (252 KB, 465x584) Image search: [Google]
Ikuwarrior.png
252 KB, 465x584
>there are currently over a dozen chosen ones in Legion
>each class hall is canon and led by a chosen one
>Illidan is a chosen of the light
>Anduin is a chosen one of the light
>Sylvaanas is the chosen champion of shadow
>Turalyon is the chosen one of the light leading the army of the light on argus
>Med'an is confirmed canon

But at least we can finally hide shoulders.
>>
>>345343074
>And the current fanbase laughs in your face if you mention leveling being a fun part of WoW.
Yes, and I always have done that to anyone stupid enough to say it. Fuck retards who are hooked by questing that is nothing more than disguised grinding.
>>
File: 1461523415338.gif (1 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
1461523415338.gif
1 MB, 260x195
When did you grow up and switch to Alliance?
>>
>>345338525
i moved continent and none of my friends play in my time zone. can't be bothered joining a new guild casual or otherwise
Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.