[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All this shit about Pokemon is instead making me want to replay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: uzzkzyzwf3evvbs8gguc.jpg (57 KB, 798x266) Image search: [Google]
uzzkzyzwf3evvbs8gguc.jpg
57 KB, 798x266
All this shit about Pokemon is instead making me want to replay the originals. I have them on GBC, but I don't know if you guys remember how hard it is to see the screen on those in the wrong light.

So, what's the best way to play them these days?
>>
VBA like every other gameboy game?
Otherwise you can buy them on 3DS.
>>
>>345338637
Didn't really want to have to play it on my desktop
>>
Smart phone emulator or 3DS are the best modern options
>>
>>345339041
>3DS
How to play on 3DS?
>>
>>345339329
Virtual Console. Also adding a way to transfer what you catch to modern games.
>>
>>345339329
You can buy it in the eShop but it's overpriced at $10 imo
>>
File: Sus.png (736 B, 62x77) Image search: [Google]
Sus.png
736 B, 62x77
>>345338251
DO NOT

ever.
Ever.
EVER.

FIGHT THIS Evolutionary chain WITH GASTER OR HAUNTER.

You have been warned.
>>
File: pokemon gen1.jpg (357 KB, 893x1200) Image search: [Google]
pokemon gen1.jpg
357 KB, 893x1200
Obligatory. Maybe try Fire Red/Leaf Green instead,
>>
>>345338251
>I have them on GBC, but I don't know if you guys remember how hard it is to see the screen on those in the wrong light.
nigga
do it
for that genuine Game Boy
C O L O R
experience
between my SP and Color I still preferred playing Gold on the latter
>>
>>345340930
What's the difference between them?
>>
>>345341202
I've already played them, but feel like replaying them. It's just a huge chore to be only able to play it in certain light.
>>
>>345341234
Updated for Gen 3, so a lot of Pokemon have duel types, and have updated movesets. And there's the Orange Islands which adds extra content. Plus GBA graphics
>>
>>345338807
So play them on your phone or DS.
>>
>>345341342
I guess if you have the cash then you could try to find a GBA SP
at least it doesn't need AA batteries and it's got a decent backlight
>>
>>345341735
Holy shit, just went on ebay, why are SPs so expensive?
>>
>>345338251
Buy them on 3ds
>>
Just emulate them on your phone for fucks sake. Bigger screen than any handheld and absolutely free. And pokemon is not a game where touch screen buttons will hinder the gameplay at all.
>>
Is Yellow the one to get?
>>
>>345340930
>all this shit that only would matter to a competitive player

Fuck off
>>
>>345342223
When you go to capture the big green in emerald.

Other than that just emulate it op.
>>
>>345341971
at this point they could already be considered classic/retro devices
hell mine still runs smoothly. just needs some charge though
if nothing else you could try >>345342223
>>
>emulating GBC pokemon on giant ass resolutions
disgusting, I want 2kids to leave.
>>
>>345339041
whats the best android emulator?
>>
>>345338251
either emulate them on VBA, get them on 3DS, or play the infinitely superior remakes on the GBA.
>>
>>345341532
>orange islands
nope. sevii islands.
>>
>>345343815
I've tried a few and they're all very solid, John GBC and My OldBoy are my favorites
>>
Playing Red on my phone right now since I have Blue but the battery doesn't save anymore, plus theres no way to get those pokemon off that game into the later ones.

>Buy it on e-shop

I can pirate it but im too lazy.
>>
>>345340671
That's way too much, but isn't it on sale right now?
I wouldn't know which version to buy though, does the Mew glitch still work on them?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.