[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Metroid: Zero Mission a perfect game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: yes.jpg (696 KB, 1200x1204) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
696 KB, 1200x1204
Is Metroid: Zero Mission a perfect game?
>>
I liked it when I came out but now it's too sexist for me to enjoy.
>>
>>345338219
No Metroid game is perfect. Theyare all ok, sure. But not a big deal like most Metroidfags pretend it to be.
>>
>>345338219
Too easy, too short.
>>
>>345338219
Yes.
>>
It has the worst physics of any of the three real Metroid games and the stealth segment is garbage so no.
>>
>>345338475
>of any of the three real Metroid games
Oh this is going to be good. Please, tell me which ones are the "real" Metroid games.
>>
>>345338665
Fusion
Super
Federation

jk prime 1, prime hunters and prime 3
>>
>>345338731
>No Prime 2

Shit taste m8
>>
>>345338665
Super, Fusion and Zero

>>345338731
>prime
Not a real metroid fan.
>>
>>345338731
I'm guessing Metroidvanias are the only real Castlevania too.
>>
File: Aahaha faggot.png (247 KB, 570x668) Image search: [Google]
Aahaha faggot.png
247 KB, 570x668
>>345338991
>Fusion
That's all I needed to know.
>>
>>345339123
Yeah I know. It's still better than Zero Mission.
>>
>>345338665
Super, Fusion, and Other M.

Everyone already knows this asshole.
>>
>>345338219
Not at all. The stealth segment in particular sucks, especially on speedruns or if you're going for 100% completion. They should have used the idea for an introduction to the game as you piece together your power suit treated like a stealth tutorial, not a post-game twist.

It's a fucking good game though. Don't like it as much as Super, the Prime trilogy or Fusion but it's a great entry to the series. It's a shame it's the last classical styled Metroid we've received though.

>>345338475
>any of the three real Metroid games
Fuck off with this shit.
The amount of drawing lines in the Metroid fanbase is ridiculous. All the games follow the same structure and general gameplay design, just because something deviates a tiny bit from Super to do something else doesn't suddenly make it not recognizably a Metroid game.

Even Metroid 2 doesn't fit /v/'s definition of a Metroid game with how ridiculous this has gotten.
>>
Yes, it's perfect.
>>
>>345340123
Neither does Metroid 1 it can suck my dick.
>>
>>345340123
>complaining about the 30 sec stealth section because of speedrun
>Fusion is better

ayy lmao
>>
>>345340593
Different situations.

Zero Mission's a Super lite where you spend most of your time exploring, and the game pushes you to do specialized runs and sequence break. It works really well too, but then the game shoves this super linear segment in at the very end that forces you to backtrack out of the finale if you want to get 100%. It's a pace killer in that game and it loses its novelty after the first run.

Fusion sets itself up from the start as being about the action. You're put on missions that usually involve "go to this area and kill this monster," and though they usually get more complicated than the appear on the outset by throwing you into unmarked regions or security doors closing you in the games always focused on the large enemies and boss battles. And it's really good at that, it's the best run n gun on the GBA and the bosses only get better and better throughout the game. It feels like a spiritual successor to Return of Samus more than Super Metroid.

Fusions not perfect either but it has its own strengths, which kinda got forgotten over the time since its worst bits were what Other M focused on and they kinda get looped together now.
>>
>>345341154
WarioLand 4 is a way better "action boss killing game with some platforming" than Fusion.
>>
>>345338219
No but Metroid Prime is.
>>
>>345341459
Wario Land series has never really clicked with me for some reason. I've played through 3, 4, Shake It and Wario World but can't recall anything from them.

Not sure why, it should be something that's right up my alley.
>>
>>345338219

No, it is my second favorite Metroid game after Other M though
>>
>>345338219
yes
>>
call me a pleb but i don't like chozodia very much
>>
>>345341716
This
>>
>>345338219
almost
9.5/10
its a tad short

still one of my favorite games of all time

sequence breaking is so much fun
>>
>>345341716
Not really. It's a good game but it has its share of downsides. Poorly designed backtracking for one.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.